Admin Requests

WHile in there, @Dreadton needs to be Removed as Deputy speaker and added as Election Commissioner. @Arc Needs to be added to Election Commissioner. @Lady Raven Wing needs to be removed as Justice. @Lord Lore needs to be added as Justice
@Dreadton and @Lord Lore were already fine forum-wise (Dreadton did need registry updates). Updated @Arc and @Lady Raven Wing.

It appears @Nessuno is still on the government registry as a Gameside Advocate.
Could you reference their removal from that position?

Last edited:
[DELETED], a.k.a. [DELETED] TGed me about deleting his Forum account.

I have attached the relevant images for you:

[DELETED]

Could you help to delete his Forum account, please?

Thanks!

Last edited:
We don't tend to delete forum accounts and posts on request. He can simply not login to his account. He's got a grand total of 28 posts, all from like 2013. So he hasn't logged in for 7-8 years now. I'm not sure what the issue is. And the reason he can't access it is because it's before we had XenForo. Passwords couldn't be copied, we had to manually get people into their accounts.

Furthermore we don't generally delete all of an account's posts. We might redact specific posts that have personal information, but we have historically held that the loss of context to other posts means we wouldn't want to do a blanket deletion.

Hello!

There was a forum update about two days ago, and afterwards people were noticing that some random embedded imgur images won't show. They would just show the last part of the url. See this example.

9vvMItV.png

Three images there, uploaded by two different people in two different accounts, wouldn't appear. They would just appear as the last part of the url, such as "CpaiJUZ.png". I can access the images on the imgur website just fine. Given that and the timing, could it be a forum issue?

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi there.

I maintain a daily forum blog with images. lots of them.

I was using discord links for images with no issues, until yesterday.

Previously linked images are fine, but I cannot link new ones.

Is there a problem between forum/discord?

I use discord as it is very convenient.

Without this convenience it will certainly increase my workload and I will have to re-consider the blogs future.

I tried using VK and I still have the same problem.

Thank you.

Last edited:
The problem was in the filesystem permissions applied to some of the directories that need to be written to by the forum. Should be fixed.

There's still some weird image behavior going on. This time, in the election commissioner roster thread (https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9088230/), the image showing the list of ECers isn't updating. If I go into edit mode and preview changes to the original post, the roster image updates properly. But, once the changes are saved, it shows an older version of the roster. Can this be investigated too?

Last edited:
There's still some weird image behavior going on. This time, in the election commissioner roster thread (https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9088230/), the image showing the list of ECers isn't updating. If I go into edit mode and preview changes to the original post, the roster image updates properly. But, once the changes are saved, it shows an older version of the roster. Can this be investigated too?
We use an image cache which distinguishes images by the URL. You may want to add an additional bit to the image URL such as "&v=2" and keep changing it when the underlying image changes.

We use an image cache which distinguishes images by the URL. You may want to add an additional bit to the image URL such as "&v=2" and keep changing it when the underlying image changes.
Thanks Elu! That did the trick.

Hello,

Could @Greater Ale Permars be masked as a Minister? I’ve made a change to my cabinet and I’d like government registry to also please be updated as a result of this post.

Thank you!

EDIT: Looks like someone beat me to it on the masking part :P

Last edited:
Hi again, admins

You guys were super quick yesterday (thank you, Siwale!), so I’m sure this request will be filled just as promptly :)

Please add @Rom to the government registry as Minister of Defense (they’ve taken their oath) and please mask them here on the forums. Thanks!

Hi again, admins

You guys were super quick yesterday (thank you, Siwale!), so I’m sure this request will be filled just as promptly :)

Please add @Rom to the government registry as Minister of Defense (they’ve taken their oath) and please mask them here on the forums. Thanks!
Sloths need to sleep! I won’t be able to access the government spreadsheet until tonight. To get them started though, they have been masked.

Hey folks I wanted to request access to the TNP Youtube account if possible.

gaptnp@gmail.com

Last edited:
Hey folks I wanted to request access to the TNP Youtube account if possible.

gaptnp@gmail.com

Check Discord

Can I get moderator access over the Culture subforum?

I have proof that Pry in fact wants me to have it. If that does not suffice I shall ask him to make the request instead.

BroIAmFightingForMyLifeHere.PNG

Back