Helmebaine Alliance OOC

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
This is the OOC discussion thread for the Helmebaine Alliance. Our IC thread can be found here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7401617/1/#new

While I feel the DU and NPTO are both very efficient and I hope they continue to prosper, I believe that as they are international ORGANIZATIONS, they naturally don't fulfill a few odds and ends. Now that my factbook has been edited accordingly the Syrixian political reforms are official and Syrixia now has political parties.

Thusly, I was wondering what you all would think about me starting an alliance. Be sure to give me some thoughts, and remember just in case; the DU and NPTO are international ORGANIZATIONS. This is suggesting the creation of an international ALLIANCE. The two structures are different, though it may not seem so.

I would not mind an alliance (mainly because an alliance would have more of a chance of getting a mutual defence clause :P )

Except this brings me, again, to my point. The DU and NPTO are ORGANIZATIONS. I'm talking about a bona fide military alliance here.

Are you thinking of something like the US policy toward foreign invasion of say Canada or Mexico? (Where the US stated they would turn the offender into the sorriest punching bag you've ever seen; and not because they're in some organization together.)

My ideals for this alliance are basically a military defense pact, non-aggression pact, and a UK-US "special relationship"-y style trade pact in one, and these three pacts we can classify as one treaty establishing an alliance.

I would like to have 3 to 10 alliance members, and I would like as well to use this alliance in order to work closely RP-wise with them, perhaps doing things such as joint military exercises and state visits.

Of course, the treaty would be available for amending any time, so the alliance would never stop improving.

While I like the idea of this could I maybe just give a word of warning from another region I RP in. There we formed a large alliance like that and it essentially stagnated RP as everyone was kind of on the same page. What would perhaps be interesting is a series of different alliances at different levels, so for example ideological ones, so perhaps a Communist based one, one for Monarchies, a Capitalist based one etc.

Then you could also have Geographical ones for continents, island chains etc.

While Cronaal and Eumenor are accepted, I'll have to put Seb on hold. I see myself in him; I was as new as he was once, and my RPing wasn't as good as it is now. I want him to settle in and keep improving his RP skills as I did before. Then, I may consider his acceptance into the Alliance.

That said, no offense to Seb.

Anyways, on a lighter note, what should we name this alliance? It should be something clever and witty, as well as meaningful, yet not too advanced. I'm thinking perhaps a meaningful word to this alliance's goals translated into Sindarin. Eumenor, this is in your playing field.

Also, Morheim, we need not worry about that. This region has the DU and NPTO organizations, as well as another alliance similar to ours, the Faibuazu alliance. We could possibly compete with the Faibuazu nations and/or have international conferences. Either would be possible, as Syrixia has embassies in some Faibuazu nations, most notably New Sekai and Darcania.

However, of course, I am highly concerned about Nebula...

Syrixia:
While Cronaal and Eumenor are accepted, I'll have to put Seb on hold. I see myself in him; I was as new as he was once, and my RPing wasn't as good as it is now. I want him to settle in and keep improving his RP skills as I did before. Then, I may consider his acceptance into the Alliance.

Anyways, on a lighter note, what should we name this alliance? It should be something clever and witty, as well as meaningful, yet not too advanced. I'm thinking perhaps a meaningful word to this alliance's goals translated into Sindarin. Eumenor, this is in your playing field.

Also, Morheim, we need not worry about that. This region has the DU and NPTO organizations, as well as another alliance similar to ours, the Faibuazu alliance. We could possibly compete with the Faibuazu nations and/or have international conferences. Either would be possible, as Syrixia has embassies in some Faibuazu nations, most notably New Sekai and Darcania.

Yeah I get your point Syrixia. :D I take no offense.
I will work on my RP skills, I think I've got what to work on. :D

Syrixia:

Compete?!?

WOW Syrixia keep calm, we are allies remember?

I would join in a heartbeat, the way you described this sounds quite good.

So far it sounds interesting, I'd be open to exploring this so long as it doesn't turn TNP into the RP stagnating love-fest Morheim warned us about.

Well, Nessie, not tense competition, just conventional, casual competition.

Darcania:
Nebula:
Oh, don't worry, I will always be here to be everyone's enemy. :redflag: :npa4:
That doesn't sound good, considering you're in the Faibuaizu Alliance.
Darcania, sorry to hear about that, looks like someone's gonna poop the bed for you guys.

This may soung silly but, for the name of the alliance why not just try and make the first letter of each nation involved into a word.

So Cronaal, Ceretis, Eumenor, Syrixia and Trinster appear to be in or possibly in so far.

Concerning Cronaal's idea, that wouldn't be so good for new members as eventually it'd probably be too long and ugly. (No offense.)

How about the word "Prosperous" in Sindarin? Anyone know Sindarin?

Bainhelme is a cool-sounding word. Helme is Quenya for friendship and Bain is Sindarin for prosperous. (I couldn't find a word for alliance)

So, how about the Bainhelme Alliance?

The syntax is wrong. I know Tengwar Sindarin but I think the grammar is similar for Quenya Sindarin. They are closely linked (same 'branch of the tree of languages') so I /think/ the word order would go Helmebaine. With the 'e'.

And then there's breathings, but we'll gloss over them.

I'm not familiar with the vocab, Syrixia - did you transliterate it or is this an actual translation? I have very little knowledge of the Quenya mode. I prefer to concentrate on Tengwar. I appreciate there is no literal transliteration because of diphthongs and the ïíì variants.

I was going to see if I can type in Tengwar Sindarin but zetaboards doesn't support it.

p.s. the difference between you and True Sebland is that True Sebland didn't try to claim my land wen he first started. Keep off, Syrixia. It's my lawn.

Love the PS bit, lol.

Anyways, I transliterated it, so I knew there'd be some difference. Helmebaine sounds alright.

As long as Cronaal doesn't have an issue with this:
Using the letter idea we can call ourselves The SECT
S: Syrixia
E: Eumenor
C: Cronaal / Ceretis
T: Trinster

The logo would have the C in SECT doubled like CC Example

But I'm also up for the name you're coming up with.

Ceretis:
As long as Cronaal doesn't have an issue with this:
Using the letter idea we can call ourselves The SECT
S: Syrixia
E: Eumenor
C: Cronaal / Ceretis
T: Trinster

The logo would have the C in SECT doubled like CC Example

But I'm also up for the name you're coming up with.
I like this, it sounds like it could exist in our present-day world.

Well, Syrixian is a combination of gibberish and Norse suffixes. (Example: Alfred Nursson) Helmebaine sounds a bit Norwegian, but perhaps that's just stereotypical thinking. Anyone here Norwegian?

I'd be interested in starting some kind of Monarchist organisation. I've had a play about forming a Charter. Figure it could add something perhaps.
The following charter is designed to ensure lasting peace and prosperity between Monarchies. To those ends the signatory nations agree to share the following aims.

1. Finding peaceful resolution to conflicts, and maintaining stability in the world; this will also include strengthening mutual confidence and friendship among the Parties.

2. Coordinating actions to combat international terrorism, separatism, extremism and cross-border crimes

3. Promoting effective cooperation in all areas of common interest;

4.Creating favourable conditions for trade and investment, aiming for comprehensive and balanced economic growth, social and cultural development;

5. Expanding interaction in the fields of science, technology, education, health, culture, sports and tourism

6.Encouraging interaction of mass media and other means of communication;

7.Promoting exchange of relevant legal information and enhancing legal cooperation.

8.Protecting legal lines of succession.

MEMBERSHIP

Any sovereign state with a monarchy of any kind shall be automatically entitled to be a member of the Monarch's League so long as they meet the following conditions.

1. They agree to abide by all conditions of charter.
2. They are willing to supply the Council with facilities to carry out its functions.
3. They are willing to provide a permanent ambassador to the council.

ARTICLE 1. - MEASURES TO ENSURE STABILITY

1.1 A Council will be established which will be based in St.Pauli in The Queendom of Morheim.

1.2 Each nation shall appoint an ambassador to speak and vote on their behalf

1.3 The council shall meet to discuss issues between members and make recommendations. Each ambassador shall be permitted to speak in debate and vote on recommended actions

1.4 Member Nations in disputes agree to bring their cases before the council for arbitration. Nations are not bound by the outcome of said arbitration.

ARTICLE 2 - Coordinating actions to combat international terrorism, separatism, extremism and cross-border crimes

2.1 An Monarch League Intelligence Agency (MLIA) will be established with its own HQ. This organisation will be a conduit through which nations will share intelligence on terrorism, separatism, extremism and cross boarder crimes.

2.2 Each nation shall appoint a military officer to the MLIA

2.3 The MLIA will offer assistance to members who find themselves the targets or victims of terrorists, separatists, extremists or organised crime.

ARTICLE 3 - Promoting effective regional and bilateral cooperation in all areas of common interest

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

ARTICLE 4 -Creating favourable conditions for trade and investment, aiming for comprehensive and balanced economic growth, social and cultural development

4.1 A Monarch League Economic Forum (MLEF) shall be established in its own HQ.

4.2 Each nation shall appoint a liaison to the MLEF

4.3 The MLEF shall meet at regular intervals to discuss economic co-operation.

4.4 The MLEF shall make recommendations for improving economic co-operation between member nations, however these recommendations shall be non binding.

4.5 Member nations shall abolish tariffs on all goods it is permissible to import into their nation.

4.6 Member nations shall allow investment from individuals, organisations or businesses from within the League.

ARTICLE 5 - Expanding interaction in the fields of science, technology, education, health, culture, sports and tourism

5.1 AnMonarch League Cultural & Scientific Association (MLCSA) shall be established with it's own HQ.

5.2 The MLCSA shall be staffed by members of all nations.

5.3 The MLCSA shall organise the sharing of historical, scientific, technological and health information.

5.4 The MLCSA shall organise at least one joint scientific project each year.

5.5 The MLCSA shall organise a medical crisis team to deal with any major outbreak of disease or natural disaster in the region.

5.6 Member nations agree to fast track visas for citizens of other member nations in so far as the person applying meets the following criteria
1. Does not have a criminal record
2. Is not deemed to pose a threat to the nation they are visiting.
3. Complies with all local travel restrictions/conditions

5.7 Every year a Monarch League Festival of sport shall be held with each nation taking it in turns to host.

ARTICLE 6 Encouraging interaction of mass media and other means of communication;

6.1 Each nation agrees to keep and allow a fully functioning embassy from each member state in their capital.

6.2 Visiting diplomats are to be afforded all rights and protections in accordance with international law.

6.3 Member nations agree to not censor media from other member nations provided it does not breach local laws.

ARTICLE 7.Promoting exchange of relevant legal information and enhancing legal cooperation.

7.1 Member nations agree to establish a Royal Legal Office (RLO) with its own independent facilities

7.2 Each Member nation agrees to appoint a legal liaison officers.

7.3 Member nations agree to share information on the arrests of citizens of other member nations.

7.4 Member nations agree to allow legal liaison officers or their appointed person access to those arrested.

ARTICLE 8 - Defence and Security

8.1 Each member agrees to maintain a standing armed forces for defence of their territory.

8.2 Each member agrees that they shall not use or threaten force against another member and shall instead use the mechanics of this treaty to seek a peaceful resolution.

8.3 Member nations agree that an attack on one is considered an attack on all.

8.4 A member who is attacked should expect other members to aid in their defence. This article however does not apply in the following circumstances.

a) There has been no formal request for aid through this organisation.
b) The member had not provoked an attack
c) Member nations are not expected to contribute to the defence of others who have neglected their armed forces.

ARTICLE 9 - Ensuring Smooth Successions

9.1 Each member nation shall register with the League a named successor.

9.2 A Monarch may change their successor at any time however they must inform the League immediatly in writing.

9.3 Once a monarch dies or abdicates the League shall announce the name of the person they have been given as successor.

9.4 The members of the League shall do all in their power to aide a smooth transition of a monarchy to the named successor.

ARTICLE 10 - Reassessing, redrafting and reaffirming the Charter

10.1 The Charter may be changed at any time following a proposal by an ambassador presented to the Council.

10.2 Proposed changes are to be debated in Council.

10.3 A vote on proposed changes requires a 3/4 agreement of the membership to come into effect.

Morheim:
I thought we were talking RP stuff ....isn't The Agora regional government
Correct. Political parties are not international RP organizations. I, too, am interested in a monarchist organization. I'll peruse Morheim's charter later.

Alright, but could you put that in a separate thread?

Back to the topic at hand, I have started a poll.

Back