Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
nptoflag.png

-NORTH PACIFIC TREATY ORGANIZATION-

Located in Augustus Town, Guslantis, this is the main headquarters of the North Pacific Treaty Organization, also known as the NPTO. Whether you are here to start a conversation, comment on a pending or effective resolution, et cetera, this is your place. The NPTO's goal is to promote peace and tranquility in the region and host its own affairs separate of its sister organization, the Democratic Union. As such, member nations may get involved in the Democratic Union without permission from the NPTO's administration. We hope that you would like to be involved in the NPTO, and if you have any questions to the NPTO's executives be sure to do so in the Executive Office of whoever you're asking. (Either the Chairman or the Deputy Chairman.) However, voting on proposals should be conducted in the Voting Floor thread. Below is a list of all current NPTO members and resolutions.

CURRENT MEMBERS:

Guslantis
Syrixia
Trinster
Cronaal
Plembobria
Republican Pacific Islands
Wolfsea
Xentherida
Zazumo

CURRENT RESOLUTIONS:

1. Guslantis becomes first NPTO Chairman
2. NPTO Peacekeeping Forces Establishment
3. Chairman and Deputy Chairman Elections
4. NPTO Charter Ratification

I will see to it that the Voting Floor threads and the OoTDC threads are established today.

I suggest we begin to campaign for a subforum so we can organize ourselves without being lost to time.

Also, I'm keen on moving the proposals to the voting floor once that's set up- I'll work on that later afternoon. If you could, Bootsie, keep the proposals for now but once the voting floor is made remove them?

Campaign is not needed, I am in talks with the admins to see if we can establish a subforum. It's better to get all the threads up and have them moved, then wait until we have the proper subforum.

This happens IRL. If a nation becomes too imperialistic they'll most likely get embargo'd.

Syrixia:
This happens IRL. If a nation becomes too imperialistic they'll most likely get embargo'd.
Yes but you are only going off of OOC statements. Which bringing OOC talks of spies and etc with no IC interaction of the sort is a little thing called metagaming. And also your statement is false no one gets embargoed or sanctions strictly for increasing their military size, and increasing military size is in no way imperialism. If that was so the US, UK, Germany, China, South Korea, and Australia would all be under such embargoes.

Syrixia:
Doesn't seem to be anything of these things. Yes, it's true that i'm getting more militarist, and then?
Have i declared war to you? I threatened to use WMD? Am i deporting my population in Death camps? NO, NO and NO.
What i'm doing doesn't hurt anyone, while what you have going to do is injust,, based on silly solutions.

We'll see what the votes tell. I'm not a monarch. If you insist on keeping this conversation going though, do so in my office.

Anyways, if anyone reading this wants to join the NPTO, you can apply below :D

Not currently.

Midtkandal is, under my authority as Deputy Chairman, admitted to the NPTO; and will be fully accepted when the Chairwoman approves. Until then, they are classified as Pending Members. Welcome!

Syrixia:
We'll see what the votes tell. I'm not a monarch. If you insist on keeping this conversation going though, do so in my office.

Anyways, if anyone reading this wants to join the NPTO, you can apply below :D
Well, where is your office?

Tronkandal is admitted to the NPTO and will be added to the list of members. We will be adding basic voting for new members, but not extensive member criteria.

-Leah Charles
Chairwoman of the NPTO

(OOC: Please keep your off-topic arguments out of the thread. This distracts the executive officers from doing their duties and makes the thread negative. We are getting a subforum made, but in the meantime, please hang in there.)

(OOC: Syrixia always causes a big OOC section at the start of my RPs, get used to it)

From the Office of the Eknorve Embassy, I must thank you for your compliance to our request and declining our nation. It is troubling times for the elgitimate government and we cannot fuss ourselves with things such as voting during a time when our Head of State and Government has been kidnapped by enemy forces.

Hahve Dos,
Minister of Foreign Affairs,
Minister Fohlle-ve dos Messe'sahn quelle Jua-nethe

Thank you Minister Dos,

The NPTO hopes that you will join our ranks in the future and help us uphold peace in the region.

-Leah Charles
Chairwoman of NPTO
"Simul stare ac pugnare!"

Madam Chairwoman,

Malvad wishes to join the North Pacific Treaty Organization and promote peace throughout the region. If there is anything required for us to join please let the Malvadian foreign office know immediately.

Thank you,

Alistair Minerva
Chancellor

Abigail Johnson
Minister of Foreign Affairs

At the moment, there are no further admittance criteria than a Chairman approval. With my approval, Malvad is added to the NPTO.

-Leah Charles
Chairwoman of NPTO

The Federation of Trinster would like to join this coalition for the purposes of protecting its fellow nations against threat, our military is well equiped to help with both humanitarian aid and military action.

- Tricumverant Mob Barley, Head of National Relations

primeboy1:
The Federation of Trinster would like to join this coalition for the purposes of protecting its fellow nations against threat, our military is well equiped to help with both humanitarian aid and military action.

Although hopefully the latter won't be necessary.

Agreed, but overall Trinster checks out on Syrixia's end, and thus they are admitted, pending approval from Guslantis.

primeboy1:

With both executives in agreement, Trinster is admitted to the North Pacific Treaty Organization.

-Leah Charles
Chairwoman of NPTO

Could all nations please send your representatives' names to one of the executives please?

-Leah Charles
Chairwoman of NPTO

Being one of the original 5 asked to take part in the group, may I ask for the nation of Cronaal to be re-entered into the NPTO?

Cronaal, you are cleared for entry into NPTO by the Chairman, if the Deputy would second that, it would be greatly appreciated. If any NPTO member would like to put up a proposal about admission policies, that would be very helpful. I also hope we have our first election soon as well.

-Leah Charles
Chairwoman of NPTO

(OOC: None of what I am about to say is true of Cronaal as a person. I feel compelled to do this on IC grounds. You're the nicest guy though, Cronaal, so sorry!)

Eumenor is deeply troubled by the admission of Cronaal into this organisation; in fact, we motion to reject the application outright. Cronaal is a state in deep conflict. The legitimate government has been ousted and replaced by rebel scum who have committed many atrocities and human rights abuses. I do not believe their government is democratic; I therefore believe they have no place in this organisation. In fact, I think they should be on the receiving end of our words and bullets, not directing them.
Let them re-apply once we have aided their legitimate government in restoring peace and democracy in their state.

Malvad echoes the sentiments of Eumenor. I believe we should consider sending peacekeeping forces to Cronaal honestly. They are obviously not democratic and should not be admitted into the NPTO at this time.

It is the best use of our Peacekeepers at this moment in time, and will improve the lives of the Cronaalis. I do not believe that there would be any government representatives from Cronaal able to partake in NPTO, and even if there was, they would have no authority in Cronaal itself.
My apologies, but this is the only logical decision.

Syrixia agrees with Eumenor and Malvad. We love the nation of Cronaal and its culture, but in the state that it is in at the moment the Office of the Deputy Chairman must decline.

So what is the process now? Do we vote, or is the Chairman's decision, despite the views of the Dept. Chair and the rest of the organisation, final? Because if that is the case, we need to change the charter, and if there is no clear process at this point, we need to set one up immediately.

I have an OOC question. Why are nations being named as "Chairwoman" and "Deputy Chairman?" Wouldn't it be more appropriate to have people in these positions, followed by their nation of origin in parentheses?

We have that established. Shaw Atlas is Dep. Chairman and Leah Charles is Chairwoman.

Surely wishing for legitimate government is a lost cause at this point. The war is virtually ended.

I have come up with a series of seals for NPTO members to use and there will be a new thread created for display of the seals and inquiries concerning the seals.

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
So what is the process now? Do we vote, or is the Chairman's decision, despite the views of the Dept. Chair and the rest of the organisation, final? Because if that is the case, we need to change the charter, and if there is no clear process at this point, we need to set one up immediately.
Right now there is no process, but I agree it is past time for this to be decided. As Chairman, I am going to hold off on the admission of Cronaal and anymore nations until we have an admission process in order, along with the charter of our organization. Funkadelia, I have asked the nations to send me a name of their representative to replace their nations' names on the OP, but until then, that will have to do.

(OOC: None of what I am about to say is true of Cronaal as a person. I feel compelled to do this on IC grounds. You're the nicest guy though, Cronaal, so sorry!)

Eumenor is deeply troubled by the admission of Cronaal into this organisation; in fact, we motion to reject the application outright. Cronaal is a state in deep conflict. The legitimate government has been ousted and replaced by rebel scum who have committed many atrocities and human rights abuses. I do not believe their government is democratic; I therefore believe they have no place in this organisation. In fact, I think they should be on the receiving end of our words and bullets, not directing them.
Let them re-apply once we have aided their legitimate government in restoring peace and democracy in their state.
(OOC: Don't worry, I take everything personally and get self-conscious over the slightest thing. <3)

Cronaal:

(OOC: Don't worry, I take everything personally and get self-conscious over the slightest thing. <3)
OOC: I can't tell if this is serious or not, but please don't! My objections are based on IC grounds, not OOC ones. Maybe you could observe as an OOC actor? We do value your opinion, just mistrust your IC nation at this time.

Back