Vice Delegate's Desk

Office of the Vice Delegate
-~-
Week 10 Update
12 July 2020

XdzPzzR.png

Greetings All!

Before I get started with this week's report, I would like to thank Pallaith for holding down the fort while I was out. Further, I would like to thank everyone for their get well wishes! It truly means a lot to me. Now onto the numbers. The gap is continuing to grow between Prydania and me, providing a bit more relief in terms of the number of WA's that we are experiencing. Overall compared to the number of WA's that have left or CTE'ed, the Security Council faired fairly well. We still see a high number of endorsements given with an ASCR of 64.47%. Our Keepers of the North saw a small bump as well. Over the next week, we will continue focusing on building the gap between Prydania and myself.

Stay safe out there!
~Artemis

Last edited:

-~-
Week 11 Update
19 July 2020

vtPpFmS.png

Greetings TNP!

Back again with another weekly update! Overall the numbers in the region continue to dwindle as we see nations from the Youtube Wave continue to CTE and nations CTEing due to the summer lull. While the region lost almost 40 WA nations, every member of the Security Council did not experience such a loss. We still see high endorsement given numbers from all members and regular logins. Nearly every member of the council made some RMB posts on the regional page.

This past week, I sent out a telegram introducing a new lottery that is open to Keepers of the North. This daily lottery is open to any keeper who endorses nations each day. We are hoping to see some increased numbers of Keepers and those exchanging endorsements. The Security Council is also discussing further ways to encourage endorsements given between member nations. Currently, ideas are centered around weekly goals set with rewards to those who participated if said goals are met.

Never let anyone treat you like a yellow starburst. You are a pink starburst!

~Artemis

-~-
Week 13 Update
2 August 2020

O2RZ8cO.png

Evening/Morning Peeps!

Numbers still remain strong within the Security Council. We continue to see a decline in the number of WAs in the North Pacific, yet members of the Security Council continue to maintain strong numbers and preventing minimal losses in their endorsements. In many cases, members of the Security Council saw an increase in their endorsements counts. We also see quite a bit of engagement from the Security Council in the forms of RMB posts. Additionally, we are seeing an increase in the Average Security Council rating.

Till next week!
~Artemis

-~-
Week 14 Update
9 August 2020

790Ri9X.png

Good Evening/Morning!

As we can see, the numbers in the region continue declining. This can be contributed to the summer months. Overall the Security Council continues to maintain a strong endorsement rating across all members with an Average Security Council rating of 67.58%. This past week was an updated dispatch to endorse Prydania and a telegram blast for nations to endorse Lord Lore, aka Frances Francis the First of France. We will continue to work on increasing Prydania's endorsements as well as other members of the Security Council.

On another note, I am announcing that I will not be seeking re-election as Vice Delegate nor seeking another elected office come September 1st. It has been a pleasure serving as Vice Delegate. For those who are interested in running for Vice Delegate, please feel free to contact me with any questions that you might have.

Regards,
Artemis

-~-
Week 15 Update
16 August 2020

eoumR31.png

Greetings one and all!

Well, we continue to see a drop in both the total numbers of World Assembly nations in the region and endorsements given to Security Councillors. Overall endorsements given by the Security Council remain high and we are seeing strong engagement with the ingame community from members of the council. The Average Security Council Rating remains high at 66.99%. This week I will continue to alternate WADP Alert Telegrams and Dispatches targeting the Delegate and other members of the Security Council.

A summary of the Security Council is fairly short, as we have discussed the recently vetoed GOAT Act and begun reviewing threads that could be disclosed. Additionally, I have opened a public comment forum for members of the community to raise any questions or concerns that they might have with the Security Council. This thread can be found here - https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9192794/

Warmest Regards,
Artemis

Last edited:

-~-
Week 17 Update
30 August 2020

myqXUyo.png

Hello, One and All,

We are coming upon the end of the term with one update left for me to give from this office till the next Vice Delegate takes over. I do hope that the next Vice Delegate will continue the tradition of posting these regular updates that were started by Pallaith a number of terms ago. This post will serve as my End of Term address with the next update serving as the final of my term. I will also post a start of term list for the Delegate transition.

Overall our numbers remain strong and we are approaching the end of term with all members of the Security Council maintaining endorsement levels above 1,000 and SCR of 65%. Additionally, we are seeing increased engagement from members of the Council with the RMB. I would say that this is a strong finish for our summer term.

Summary of Term:
This term we as a region were able to capture and hold the #1 position for World Assembly Endorsements for quite some time and continue to hold this position at the time of this update.

Additionally, the Security Council has remained active in encouraging and exchanging endorsements within the region. We have expended the weekly updates to include the influence ranking of members of the Security Council as well as their posts on the Regional Message Board. As Vice Delegate, I established a public forum for members of the community to speak directly with members of the Security Council to foster dialogue and address any concerns. I look forward to this initative continuing in the future.

I feel that this term has been rather laid back and with minimal incidences, for which as Vice Delegate is something to be appreciated. It has been a pleasure serving the region as Vice Delegate and I look forward to what the next Vice Delegate achieves.

Warmest Regards,
~Artemis

Last edited:

-~-
Week 18 Update
6 September 2020

y3uKcJb.png

Greetings All,

I shall keep this update rather brief. As you can see, the numbers for the Security Council remain strong. There is a 52 endorsement gap between myself and Prydania. Many members of the Security Council continue to engage with the gameside community. We are currently sitting at an ASCR of 66.81% with 810 Keepers of the North. I will post one final time once the results of the election have been announced to give the new Delegate and Vice Delegate numbers for them to start working with. As a reminder, please vote in the election. This is your opportunity to profoundly impact the direction of the North Pacific for the coming term and beyond.

Cheers!
~Artemis

Congratulations and thank you for some great terms as Vice Delegate, Artemis. Your consistency and intelligence that you bring to the table is something that is often overlooked. Best of luck in your future endeavors!

Sad to see you leaving the Vice Delegacy. Thank you for all you've done for the office and the region as a whole; the next VD will have big shoes to fill.

Mr. Vice Delegate,

It is my pleasure to congratulate you on your election. As promised, here are the starting numbers for your term as Vice Delegate to help get you an idea on where we stand in terms of the Delegacy and Vice Delegacy Transitions.

VvzQuAk.png

-~- Opening Post-~-
Update 13 September 2020

0qVlswN.png
Greetings All,

Another general election has come and gone, a good pat on the back to all those who participated in the best part of the region. As we saw in the Delegates race this go around, every vote counts and the elections can be very close. A big congrats, to @TlomzKrano and @St George for winning their respective races, and @Vivanco for winning the Special Judicial Election.

My very first update and I can say we are looking good. As you can see from the chart I was taught how to use, Tlomz is currently in the number 17 spot with 843 endorsements. He will need a total (as of this post) of 273 endorsements to take the top spot. During the Drew wave and Prydania's transition there was a gap of 707 endorsements between Prydani's rank (22nd) and the top spot. From the announcement of the results to now, Tlomz has gained 33 endorsements.

At the time of the election results were published, I was in position 16 with 863 endorsements. Today, I am ranked 15 with 875. This is a gain of 12 endorsements. When @artemis assumed the Vice Delegacy, he was already in rank 2.

With the update to the endorsement requirements due to the election, we lost 180 keepers when Tlomz took office. We have gained 22 of those Keepers back. As of today, all automated telegrams from the Security Council and the Vice Delegate have been updated. We are currently starting the manual telegrams to get Tlomz’s endorsements up. In other news, the Security Council currently has an open vote for the application of @Former English Colony to the Security Council. We should have the results of that vote for the next update. The North Pacific Security Council Disclosure Act has also passed the Regional Assembly and is before the Delegate.

Signed ~Dreadton

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 1 Update 20 September 2020

xGBYrZo.png

Greetings All,

It has been a week of gains in the Delegacy Transition. Kranostav /Tlomz has gained 45 endorsements over last week. This moved him from number 17 to number 16. We gained back 23 Keepers of the North, after our losses from the Delegacy/Vice Delegacy transition. Comparing this to Week 1 of Prydania’s transition, this is just slightly higher. Where we are going to see the biggest difference is Week 2, Prydania gained 300+ Endorsements. I expect us to plateau a bit there and we won’t see those kinds of numbers.

To help combat this and to speed the transition along, the Ministry of Cards is assisting the regional card bank in preparation of an endorsement event. This event will target former Keepers and World Assembly members who are not endorsing Kranostav/Tlomz and myself. This will be a trial of sorts to see if a card base endorsement event can speed transitions along.

On the Keeper of the North front, we gained back 23 Keepers out of the 149 that we lost. Telegrams to those Keepers who have lost their status have been sent out. We will continue to target those nations in hopes of getting them back. I expect the number to go down again, should Former English Colonies’s application to the Security Council pass. Although I do not expect it to be by much as FEC is in the top 20. We have lost 7 World Assembly members this week, half of the number we lost last week. During this term, I would like to start including reasons why those nations left. Is it because they moved? Left the WA all together? Moderator Action? Such details may be useful in predicting trends for other WADP programs.

In Security Council News, Former English Colonies’ Security Application is at vote. The North Pacific Security Council Disclosure Act became law today by default. I will be spending the next few days reviewing threads to see which are available for declassification. I plan on opening a thread for citizens to request a particular file they may want.

Signed
~Dreadton

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 2 Update 27 September 2020

iPERsCu.png

Greetings All,

It has been a week of gains in the Delegacy Transition. Kranostav /Tlomz has gained 29 endorsements over last week. This moved him from number 16 to number 15. I have moved from slot 14 to slot 13. While being ahead of the elected delegate is generally not a good thing, its not a major concern at this point. Kranostav has been gaining endorsements faster than I, due to our focus on getting him in the number 1 seat.

The Security Council will like to welcome Former English Colony tp the Security Council. For those who do not know who this is, I will provide you with this statement from the Security Council that was provided to the Regional Assembly in consideration of their nomination. Founded over 17 years ago, FEC is one of TNP’s oldest nations still active. Her history is flooded with involvement throughout the years in an effort to form the TNP we know and love today. She has served the region in the past as a successful Delegate on multiple occasions as well as an engaged member of the Security Council dating back to roughly 15 years ago. FEC knows what it takes to defend TNP from rogue elements as evidenced by her involvement in historic coups such as those involving Great Bight and Pixiedance. FEC’s cordial demeanor, coupled with her regional devotion, has led to her becoming such a widely known and well-respected member of the community. As a token of appreciation, she even had a RP world (Eras) named after her. Since returning to gameplay in May, FEC has been actively exchanging endorsements and assisting members of the community both on the forum and Discord. We are confident FEC will continue to positively contribute to the community and combat any security challenges that arise. It is with great pleasure and honor that the Security Council extends a renomination to this extraordinary individual.

The Security Council also authorized the release of some Advanced Endorsement tools. For those who are active in the endorsement scene, I suggest you check it out. I will also start keeping a record of the World Assembly Nations we lose during the week. I hope that next weeks update, I can provide better information of where our World Assembly nations are going.

Signed ~Dreadton

With the loss of World Assembly members that is coinciding with the game-wide player crunch, we are going to be entering into the next stage of the Delegate Transition this week. After discussion among the transition team, it has been decided that Sundred will become the Serving Delegate until Kranstov or I (the Vice Delegate) have enough endorsements to take the position. While this may seem like a break in tradition, since the outgoing Delegate has generally held the Serving Delegate position until they are overtaken by the Elected Delegate, we believe that this is more in line with our legal requirements and the spirit of the region. The Security Council is charged with ensuring that the Delegate's transitions goes smoothly but they are also entrusted with upholding the values of the region. By assuming the Serving Delegate role during the transition, we are placing a player who has been voted on by the Regional Assembly to protect the security of the region and is subject to recall if they fail in their duties. Sundred (Artemis) will work with Kranstov (Tlomz) to ensure the elected government's policies are carried out.

Signed,
Dreadton

I used the term Serving Delegate in the above post. The correct term should be WA Delegate. Serving Delegate under the law is the person who was elected to the office, whereas the WA delegate is the person holding the in-game Delegacy position.

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 3 Update 4 October 2020

5oPKF4h.png

Greetings All,

With the loss of World Assembly members that is coinciding with the game-wide player crunch, we are going to be entering into the next stage of the Delegate Transition this week. After discussion among the transition team, it has been decided that Sundred will become the WA Delegate until Kranostav or I (the Vice Delegate) have enough endorsements to take the position. While this may seem like a break in tradition, since the outgoing Delegate has generally held the WA Delegate position until they are overtaken by the Elected Delegate, we believe that this is more in line with our legal requirements and the spirit of the region. The Security Council is charged with ensuring that the Delegate's transitions goes smoothly but they are also entrusted with upholding the values of the region. By assuming the WA Delegate role during the transition, we are placing a player who has been voted on by the Regional Assembly to protect the security of the region and is subject to recall if they fail in their duties. Sundred (@Artemis) will work with Kranostav (Tlomz) to ensure the elected government's policies are carried out.

Kranostav (@TlomzKrano ) has gained 18 endorsements and is above 99% endorsement going out. The Transition Card event has been finalized and will likely be launched today. While the details will be released with the launch of the event, I can highlight some key points.

• For every week that Kranstov reaches the target number of endorsements increased we will release a free epic card to those who endorse both Kranostavand Dreadton.
  • At the end of the week, we will run a lottery of the nation's endorsement both Kranstov and Dreadton with several nations winning a free Legendary Card.
  • More Card rewards to be announced at the end of the transition.

As promised last week here are the stats on the WA turnover for the week:

WA Stats:
  • Lost 68 WA Members to CTE
  • 14 WA Member Relocated to New Regions
  • 8 WA Members Resigned from the WA
  • 58 New Nations joining the WA

Signed
~Dreadton

Pursuant to Section 5.2.12, I have determined that the impacts of Hurricane Delta are likely to impede my ability to perform my duties effectively . After consultation with the Security Council, @Great Bights Mum is named acting Vice Delegate as of this post and shall remain acting Vice Delegate until I can safely return to my duties.

Signed
Dreadton

As of this post, I have resumed my duties as Vice Delegate.

Dreadton

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 4 Update 12 October 2020

6hTCwFK.png

Greetings All,

This update will be short, I am still fixing stuff post hurricane. We are starting to recover some WA nations with a net gain of 2 and several of our Keepers have returned. Unfortunately, the storm prevented me from sending out the normal transitional notices that would hopefully have boosted the number of endorsements received by Kranostav and myself. Although 19 endorsements gained is nothing to sneeze at, it's not enough to issue out the epic cards from our transitional event. This week we should be back to normal operations.

Signed ~Dreadton

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 5 Update 18 October 2020

Xiw6wo5.png

Greetings All,

@Kranostav has reached the top 10 and the Security Council has begun their work in transitioning him higher in the rankings. With a gain of 29 endorsements, this is 1 under the number needed for the epic card distribution. You will note that my influence is missing from the chart. This is because there was an issue with the report tool I used to generate my weekly update.

The Security Council and I are working on declassifying over 600 threads that are now eligible for disclosure under the Security Council Disclosure act. @Former English Colony has begun compiling a list of people that need to be contacted, informing them of the upcoming disclosures in the hopes that they will consent. However, a large majority have not been on the forums for years. We are also ensuring that Security Council threads that are not part of the SC Warroom, are separated out of the classified archives and placed where they should be.

The next step is to try and figure out the best way (easiest) to redact the required information in these threads, while still keeping the original threads intact. This is likely to be the most time-consuming part of the operation. On a good note, the Security Council only generates threads when the need arises, so as long as we build a steady pace we should be able to release information faster than it is generated.

Signed
~Dreadton

vd_seal.png

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 6 Update 25 October 2020

02w57hx.png

Greetings All,

@Kranostav was endorsement neutral this week and we gained 5 WA members back. Elsewhere there were small losses and a few gains. @Sil Dorsett @Dreadton and @Former English Colony had small gains this week. It looks like we are starting to hit the Pre-Drew levels in the game. Each week, to help generate endorsements, I have been sending Alert Dispatches/Telegrams asking people to continue to endorse the Delegate and myself. Overall, the health of the Security Council's endorsement levels remain good and I see no issues with influence levels going into a possible Z Day.

In Disclosure news, I am in the process of generating a Google sheet with the Names of each thread that has been identified as being eligible for disclosure, their current status in the declassification process, and what approvals we are waiting on. I have also opened this thread, in which citizens may request a document for disclosure. Those requests will head to the front of the line, should they be eligible for declassification.

Next week, I plan on releasing my first Security Councillor Highlight.

Signed
~Dreadton

Last edited by a moderator:

vd_seal.png

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 7 Update 01 November 2020

TmcIclH.png

Greetings All,

With Z Day behind us, we have a new update and new things to discuss. Z Day was a great success with the region hitting higher this year than we have in the previous years. While a technical matter kept us from being 100% Zombie free, we were very close to achieving that goal. I am happy to report that there were no overt mistakes in the ejection of nations during this event and all Security Council members who were participating as Border Control Officers kept their influence way above the legal minimum. Every year we learn a little bit more about this particular minigame, and each year we do better.

This week, @TlomzKrano reached second place in the endorsement rankings. While there is a gap of 61 endorsements between him and the top spot, we should be moving into the endgame soon. Overall, there was a general increase in the number of WA nations and endorsements given to the Delegate, Vice Delegate, and Security Council.

Security Councilor Highlight: This week for Z Day, three Security Councilors participated in the Surgeon General's office as part of this event. @Oracle , @Great Bights Mum and @Pallaith participated as border control officers, helping remove nations that were exporting Zombies.

Signed
~Dreadton

vd_seal.png

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 8 Update 081 November 2020

YqoPbZQ.png

Greetings All,

@TlomzKrano has reached the Delegacy. With the activity resulting from Z Day, we were able to smoothly boost his numbers into the number 1 spot. The next goal is to get me to the second spot and begin the dance of endorsements. Keeping active without taking over. Another good note is that the Delegate, Security Council, and Vice Delegate now occupy the top 12 spots in the region.

On Declassification news, we are at the stage where we are trying to figure out the best way to redact and post threads. I have a request with the Forum Admin team to see what is available to us.

Signed
~Dreadton

Thanks for keeping the region updated on the FOIA progress.

Yeah, so far the hard part seems to be figuring out a way to redact a thread while keeping the original record intact. Unless the Forum Admins figure out some magic, then each thread has to be copied, redacted, then a new thread made and posted in the appropriate spot.

vd_seal.png

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 9 Update 15 November 2020

NkUwsmj.png

Greetings All,

The endorsements continue, we have an uptick in Keepers along with the number of World Assembly nations in the region. The report has me tied for second place. Until there is a bit of a gap the transition continues. Kranostav/Tlomz is firmly in first place now and none of our security councilors are below 900 endorsements. TNP firmly holds the top 20 spots for endorsements world wide.

In other news, we have started preparing for the annual WADP awards and survey. Expect to see those sometime next month.

Signed
~Dreadton

vd_seal.png

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 10 Update 22 November 2020

2Uu7F4F.png

Greetings All,

Although tomorrow is BLUE DAY, there is a lot of green to be had. We are seeing double-digit endorsements across the board. We also see that the vast majority of Security Councilors are at 1000 endos received. You may notice that the number of RMB posts has dropped since last week. There was a bug that was counting suppressed posts as posts made by members. R3N has since corrected this issue.

In other news, we have started preparing for the annual WADP awards and survey. Expect to see those sometime next month. We are also planning a Security Council game night and it looks like Among Us is leading the pack on what we are playing. Stay tuned to your Telegrams and you may be able to accuse SCer of being sus.

Signed
~Dreadton

vd_seal.png

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 11 Update 29 November 2020

iubcQH0.png

Greetings All,

Another week and our Keeper Numbers and total WA nation’s numbers are growing. This week the Vice Delegate Minimum is 683 and we have 701 Keepers of the North. This past week the Regional Assembly voted to uphold the Vice Delegate’s rejection of two citizenship applications. It is always a hard thing to reject players from being part of our community and while it has happened more times this term than previously, it's not something I enjoy doing. However, keeping our region protected from such obvious threats is what this process is for. Cretox States application for the Security Council is currently under debate in the Regional Assembly and I hope that all Citizens take this opportunity to get to know him before the application goes to vote.

Declassification News: I have not heard back from the Admins who would be able to answer the technical questions about the way the forum works in order to make the declassification process easier. Since this term is rapidly coming to a close, I will start manually redacting threads through the alternate means I have discussed with the Security Council. Many of the threads from the very beginning of the Security Council will only be a title and the names of those who posted in them, in the order that they posted. Many of the players from the early days of the Security Council are no longer playing the game, thus their consent cannot be given. The original threads will exist in their unredacted form, in order to give the Security Council reference material and in case there are future changes to the Disclosure Laws that would allow their full release. I would like to average 1 thread a day, but it may not be possible.

Signed
~Dreadton

Unfortunate that the administrators have not responded.

Nevertheless, thanks for figuring out a way to get it done and setting a realistic path forward.

The original threads will exist in their unredacted form, in order to give the Security Council reference material and in case there are future changes to the Disclosure Laws that would allow their full release. I would like to average 1 thread a day, but it may not be possible.
I'm really glad you're not rushing on this; a methodical approach is key here.

Unfortunate that the administrators have not responded.

Nevertheless, thanks for figuring out a way to get it done and setting a realistic path forward.

From my understanding, it’s likely a time consuming and technical thing to do; if it is even possible. So I fully understand the wait.

vd_seal.png

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 12 Update 06 December 2020

gek97DM.png

Greetings All,

Our Keeper numbers are continuing to grow, while our WA nations took a post holiday hit. Outgoing endorsements are at good levels with no Security Councilor with a rate below 86%. TNP continues to maintain the top 20 positions game wide in World Assembly Endorsements.

Declassification News: Eluvatar and Eras have been working to prep the forums for the declassification process. They copied all threads that are eligible for declassification and established the necessary subforums and permissions needed to make the process works. I have 5 threads that have been redacted and are being reviewed for Security and Operations Concerns. I expect to have those published this week.

Signed
~Dreadton

vd_seal.png

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 13 Update 13 December 2020

fnBo9KD.png

Greetings All,

With the addition of Creotx State to the Security Council, we lost roughly 80 Keeper Nations. The Security Council and I have begun the process of informing those nations of their lost status and alert them to who they need to endorse to gain it back. Rocketdogs application is currently under review by the Security Council.

In declassification news, the first 5 threads are now available for viewing by citizens in the archives. I have another 10 threads that have been redacted and are undergoing a final security check before being released. I expect the check to be finished around Wednesday.

I have been asked some questions privately about the declassification process and I will share the answers here so that everyone can understand what we are doing.

Alot of redactions say that the person was unable to give consent, what does that mean?
Past Court rulings have held that the intent of the law must be taken into consideration when determining what the law means. From the debate on the disclosure process, it was clear that the law was to require affirmative consent from past members of the Security Council and other parties who may have contributed to discussion, in the release of their statements. If you see that the redaction was made because there was no consent, it means exactly that, I have not recieve permission from the party to release their post.

What did you do to get their consent?
With the help of Eras, a list was generated of all members who posted in War Room threads. I sent a DM to each, informing them of the law and requesting their permission to release their post.

Did you try to contact them on Discord/NationStates?
No. Majority of the posters predate the switch to Discord and their nations are not always linked to their post. Many nations have CTEd or the members have not logged into the forums for years. Oftentimes, there is no way to confirm that the nations that are active, are still controlled by the members making the post.
If you have any other questions about the process you can TG, DM, or whisper me.

Signed
~Dreadton

vd_seal.png

Office of the Vice Delegate -~- Week 14 Update 20 December 2020

jyUzTWQ.png

Greetings All,

We gained back 30 Keepers that we lost from Cretox joining the Security Council. However, we have seen a drop in the number of WA nations in the region. I had wanted to track where these WA nations go during my term, but the technical requirements were beyond my capabilities.

We currently have a statement pending from the Security Council for Rockedogs nomination, and a pending request for a Security Council record.

Signed
~Dreadton

Back