Vice Delegate's Desk

Discussion in 'Security Council' started by Crushing Our Enemies, Dec 4, 2014.

1. Sil Dorsett

Sil Dorsett I'm a lot of things. Supporter Security Council Roleplay Moderator Vice Delegate Citizen

TNP Nation:
    Sil Dorsett
    Discord:
    Sil Dorsett#5888
    [​IMG]

Weekly Update
    January 27, 2019

[​IMG]

At first glance, it doesn't look very nice, but...

"Oh my God, look at that! The clouds are parting, and the vice delegate is sending us a message from above!" Our eyes squint, and adjust to the heavenly glow, when we can finally understand what it says...

"Hey, there's a new analysis chart coming out."

"Oh... my... God..."

[​IMG]

Forgive me for forgetting the chart title, but this is a chart of endorsments received as a percentage of the WA population.

Consider this part of my campaign, that things weren't going to be looked at entirely from raw numbers. Remember when I said I wasn't going to expect raw 850s or 900s, but instead 60% or 65% of WAs? Yeah, this chart is my eyeball on that goal, and now that we're 3 checks in, there's something to look at.

The thought to explain the drop in endorsements was that as the number of WAs in the region drops, so has our endorsements as those who have endorsed us fall off the map. That could be true, but the number of WAs hasn't dropped all that much between weekly updates. Between last week and this week, the drop off was only 5. So, it looks like a case where old WAs are dropping or the NPA has started doing things again, and new WAs aren't getting the message. They aren't giving endorsements back as they join. Maybe they don't realize the importance of endorsing and what it does for the region, or maybe they just need a little bit more of an incentive and a reason to do it. I think that's what we'll need to look at over the next couple weeks.

Endorsement Alert Dispatch sent out for Pallaith, followed by a Telegram for myself. Featured SCer in my tarting TGs was Pallaith, but this will change for the coming week since Pallaith has enough of a gap to get our troops back out into the field.

(Also, the chart above was from Major. Since Minor has happened at the time of posting, numbers dropped quite a bit. I lost 15 but gained 5 back, leaving me with 912. Ouch.)

2. Marcus Antonius

Marcus Antonius Per Ardua Ad Astra Citizen

TNP Nation:
    Ethnon
    Discord:
    Marcus Antonius #8887
    Very interesting and informative Sil - Thank you :)

3. Loh

Loh TNPer Supporter NPA Citizen

Discord:
    Loh#0058
    Strange. I really thought the amount of WAs in the region had dropped. I lost a considerable amount of endorsements (around 40 in nearly 2 weeks, though I'm not really worried since there's a transition going on and I'd like to see the Delegate and VD with a bigger difference before I start tarting like before), but seeing how I was bleeding out endos so fast I really though we had less WAs, despiste regional population numbers remaining more or less stable.

4. Sil Dorsett

Sil Dorsett I'm a lot of things. Supporter Security Council Roleplay Moderator Vice Delegate Citizen

TNP Nation:
    Sil Dorsett
    Discord:
    Sil Dorsett#5888
    [​IMG]

Weekly Update
    February 3, 2019

[​IMG]

Remember I mentioned in my last update that after the minor update last Sunday, there was a significant drop off in WAs? It looks like that trend continued throughout the week as holiday nations started vanishing, at least that's my guess anyways. Almost 30 more nations left or CTEd compared to new gains, so, this week's sheet doesn't surprise me. I think it may be time to do that survey I was talking of about why nations join or don't join the WA so that we can tune our message to make up for the losses.

But, more importantly, endotarting. I talked to Siwale recently to get some guidance on my endotarting, and apparently I've been doing it wrong the whole time and utilizing a strategy that doesn't work for fast gains, even with sending telegrams. So, with a strategy adjustment, It's only a matter of time before I make that crucial overtake. And, maybe I can keep myself out of Greitbart News...

5. Bobberino

Bobberino NPA Colonel, DMoD/HA/Co, Deputy Speaker Deputy Speaker Deputy Minister NPA Citizen

TNP Nation:
    Bobberino
    Discord:
    Bobberino#9999
    I don't know exactly to what effect this might have had. Our last two NPA operations were and are piles- we have about 30 out as we speak- which could somewhat explain this. Standing orders, as I'm sure you know, are when not on an OP, you are to endorse the Delegate, VD and SC. As such, this could be a potential factor in the data we're seeing. Just some food for thought.

6. Sil Dorsett

TNP Nation:
    Sil Dorsett
    Discord:
    Sil Dorsett#5888
    [​IMG]

Weekly Update
    February 10, 2019

[​IMG]

That's a good point, Bob. I didn't even think of that. I'll have to watch the NPA deployments thread more closely to predict when there's going to be big drops and gains. Last week was a big shunt, which makes sense since Ghost had the gap he needed to make it safe for the NPA to go back to work abroad. This week was more stable.

Helped Nessie and Artemis, but I'm starting to notice something. I'm usually behind Nessie in giving someone an endorsement, and Nessie usually gets an endorsement back before I step in. So, I've been watching more closely to who others have endorsed before I send the telegram out. If either of my featured SCers have already been endorsed, I'm going to plug another councilor.

This week's endotarting will feature COE and Nessie.

Edit: As of the Feb 11 Major Update, Siwale has fallen to 3rd place and I'm now 2nd place. The gap is only by 2 endorsements though, so there's still work to be done.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  7. Sil Dorsett

TNP Nation:
    Sil Dorsett
    Discord:
    Sil Dorsett#5888
    [​IMG]

Weekly Update
    February 17, 2019

Here's this week's endorsement counts.
    [​IMG]
    A WADP dispatch alert was sent out for General COE, and I'm gonna show another chart to highlight the possible impact of it. It's time for another look at the Received Percentage chart. We haven't seen that in a few weeks.
    [​IMG]
    Seen here, COE's been gaining since two weeks ago, but the number of endorsements sent out from SC members dropped for pretty much everyone and there was still a significant improvement in COE's numbers. The alerts help; the numbers show that. But, we still need to stay on top of our endotarting, myself included.

8. mcmasterdonia

mcmasterdonia TNPer Administrator Supporter NPA Citizen

The percentage of endorsements given is some stark reading. Both Bootsie and Romanoffia are below 50% with Roman being barely above 10%. Might be time for a retirement.

9. Darcania

Darcania Minister Minister NPA Citizen

TNP Nation:
    Darcania
    Discord:
    Zephyrkul#1089
    Wow, endotarting numbers that low is rather concerning... from my eyes at least actively participating in TNP's WADP is rather important, not only for boosting your numbers but increasing TNP's overall endorsement levels. While that's undoubtedly only a part of an SCer's job, lagging so far behind as to have 160 endos is concerning. The occasional dip due to having other things to do (like RL) is understandable but 11% is frankly awful.

Nessie should be commended for maintaining such a high number of endorsements sent, as well, of course. It's good to see that he and Artemis are taking their new positions actively and seriously.

10. mcmasterdonia

I agree. It’s not the only job but it’s a massive part of it. The endorsement numbers do reflect generally the lack of involvement in the other activities of the SC.

Nessie is always one of the first to endorse those new nations.

11. Artemis

Artemis Speaker of the Regional Assembly Speaker Security Council Election Commissioner Citizen

TNP Nation:
    Sundred
    Discord:
    Oracle#0851
    My general daily routine is perform Speaker duties then do an endorsement run in the mornings. Periodically throughout the day i will try to endorse new WA nations. All in all I probably spend 10-20 minutes.

12. Great Bights Mum

Great Bights Mum Grande Dame Staff Member Administrator Supporter Security Council Citizen

It is best to endotart every day. Those few minutes a day it takes to keep up is far better than letting it go and having hundreds of nations to visit. Then it becomes a big job and you are more likely to put it off.
    As for Roman, he has a ton of influence should we would ever need it. Plus, if things go south, I am confident he would be there to defend TNP.

13. Lord Lore

Lord Lore I'm anything you want me to be. Supporter Security Council Citizen

Discord:
    Lore, Architect of Pandemonium#7561
    Personally I like to build up my backlog to ~100-150 nations and then speed through a whole bunch, I feel it gives more presence when you all of a sudden take up a whole page of activities and its given me fairly predictable returns that keep me where I want in the 6-8th (4-6 if you discount Siwale and McM) spot.

Never even personally sent out endotarting TGs, never really seen the need when I have been consistently a little higher or right at the endorsement ranking where I should be if you go by the LoS.

14. bootsie

bootsie TNPer Supporter Security Council Deputy Speaker Citizen

I just finished a 787 endorsement run. I do not plan on retiring anytime soon, but thanks for the offer.

15. mcmasterdonia

:eyeroll:

Yeah I was totally directing it at you. Which is clear if you read before you quote.

16. Sil Dorsett

TNP Nation:
    Sil Dorsett
    Discord:
    Sil Dorsett#5888
    And thanks to that run you rocketed past Lore and Gladio. You might even overtake GBM before things settle.