Vice Delegate's Desk

Eluvatar:
As I find it necessary to devote my WA to another region for a period of time, I must resign from the Security Council effective immediately.

As previously noted elsewhere, I will remain available for advice or logistical assistance at the Council's pleasure.
Good luck! Hope to see you back in TNP soon, though.

Eluvatar:
As I find it necessary to devote my WA to another region for a period of time, I must resign from the Security Council effective immediately.

As previously noted elsewhere, I will remain available for advice or logistical assistance at the Council's pleasure.
Noted. Thank you for your service, Eluvatar.

Zyvetskistaahn:
I would like to ask whether the Vice Delegate has brought to the Security Council's consideration the matter raised here in relation to disclosure.
Hello, Zyvet. I hope you are doing well. Between my transition and the work on the theme weeks for the SCers, we've not had the time to discuss the issue in question. This is my fault as I have had a lot to do in-game and in RL the past few weeks, and I just haven't had the chance to open up a discussion yet. However, we will get to it within the next week or two.

Unfortunately, I hereby announce the removal of McMasterdonia from the Security Council. McM's nation has ceased to exist (CTEd). As such, he will also be removed from the line of succession.

Thank you.

Tomb:
Unfortunately, I hereby announce the removal of McMasterdonia from the Security Council. McM's nation has ceased to exist (CTEd). As such, he will also be removed from the line of succession.

Thank you.
It is very unfortunate indeed, I hope someone as magnificent and exemplary of The North Pacific and it's values can step into their place.

I would like to ask whether the Vice Delegate has brought to the Security Council's consideration proposals to exercise the rule-making power of the Council in order to effect the disclosure of the business of the Council, or whether there has been continued discussion of such proposals previously brought; as was referred to in this thread during the term of the previous Vice Delegate and by myself here. If so, I would like to ask the as to how far along those proposals are in terms of becoming rules and as to why it is deemed necessary that discussion of them ought not be public.

I would like to ask whether the Vice Delegate has brought to the Security Council's consideration proposals to exercise the rule-making power of the Council in order to effect the disclosure of the business of the Council, or whether there has been continued discussion of such proposals previously brought; as was referred to in this thread during the term of the previous Vice Delegate and by myself here. If so, I would like to ask the as to how far along those proposals are in terms of becoming rules and as to why it is deemed necessary that discussion of them ought not be public.
No proposals to 'exercise the rule-making power of the Council in order to effect the disclosure of the business of the Council' have been brought to any consideration. The SC has conducted business as it has over the last few terms and no negative effects have been noticed.

Perhaps, if more people wanted disclosure of SC discussions, then I would consider bringing it to the attention of the council, but because not enough people seem interested enough in such discussions, I see no immediate need to disclose them.

I, for one, am just as interested as Zyvet is in the appropriate disclosure of SC-related information. I'm not sure what "enough people" is, but add me to the tally, please.

I would suggest to the council that it should make a determination as to how much information is appropriate to disclose and then release that much and no more, regardless of public opinion. If you will forgive the pith, "what's popular is not always right, and what's right is not always popular."

The question has been brought on numerous occasions. Unless the answer really is "no," then some sort of action ought to be forthcoming.

Crushing Our Enemies:
I, for one, am just as interested as Zyvet is in the appropriate disclosure of SC-related information. I'm not sure what "enough people" is, but add me to the tally, please.

I would suggest to the council that it should make a determination as to how much information is appropriate to disclose and then release that much and no more, regardless of public opinion. If you will forgive the pith, "what's popular is not always right, and what's right is not always popular."

The question has been brought on numerous occasions. Unless the answer really is "no," then some sort of action ought to be forthcoming.
Out of respect for that interest, I'll bring forth the topic soon. Action will be taken in agreement with the conclusion of the discussions.

Kasch:
Crushing Our Enemies:

Out of respect for that interest, I'll bring forth the topic soon. Action will be taken in agreement with the conclusion of the discussions.
I thank the Vice Delegate for this commitment, may I ask, when this issue is brought up, will it be publicly discussed by the Council? Previous rule changes have been publicly discussed and it would seem to me that the abstract nature of the rules would mean that there needn't be any security concerns.

Zyvetskistaahn:
Kasch:
Crushing Our Enemies:

I thank the Vice Delegate for this commitment, may I ask, when this issue is brought up, will it be publicly discussed by the Council? Previous rule changes have been publicly discussed and it would seem to me that the abstract nature of the rules would mean that there needn't be any security concerns.
I don't know about the rest of the Council, but I personally see no issue with conducting the discussion on just the rulings for disclosure publicly. The participants of such a discussion will have to be aware of the fact that it is public and refrain from discussing things that would otherwise be kept confidential.

However, the views of the Council must be respected. If they wish to hold the discussion privately, then so be it.

I'll be absent from 13/08/17 - 18/08/17 on holiday.

GBM is assigned as Acting Chair, as they are the highest in the Line of Succession.

Zyvetskistaahn:
Could the new Vice Delegate update the public as to his intention in relation to the matters raised by myself and COE earlier in this thread?
The discussion regarding SC disclosure is currently underway. I will report back with any updates.

I thank you for your patience.

Kasch:
What are your plans concerning the amendment of the Line of Succession?
Since there are currently two SC applications being discussed in the RA, I plan to hold off on making any changes to the LoS until these applications are voted on.

Hello all,

You may have just received a telegram from a nation claiming to be a member of "The North Pacific Security Committee (TNPSC)" asking you to unendorsed our Delegate, Pallaith. This telegram contains lies intended to disrupt our regional government. "The North Pacific Security Committee" is not recognized by our regional government. The group of nations tasked with protecting our region is the Security Council. More information on the Security Council can be found in the dispatch below:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=485372

The Security Council is asking that you disregard the message sent by this supposed "committee" and endorse Delegate, Pallaith, and all members of the Security Council. Their names can be found in the dispatch above. Also, for the time being, we are asking that you unendorsed American MapleStory and The Utopian Movement since these nations were listed as members of this "committee".

We thank you for your help in addressing this urgent matter. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me or any members of the Security Council.

Sincerely,

Siwale
Vice Delegate of The North Pacific

Siwale:
Zyvetskistaahn:
Could the new Vice Delegate update the public as to his intention in relation to the matters raised by myself and COE earlier in this thread?
The discussion regarding SC disclosure is currently underway. I will report back with any updates.

Can I ask whether there are any updates to be reported back?

Hello all,

I would like to thank you for your cooperation as we combat the unendorsement campaign targeting our Delegate, Pallaith. With your help, we have minimized the damage caused by this harmful telegram. The investigation into the nation behind this telegram is still ongoing, however, we have some updates to share with you now.

Upon further investigation, we have concluded that American MapleStory and The Utopian Movement are not involved in this unendorsement campaign. These nations were likely selected in the telegram due to the fact that they are some of the highest endorsed nations in the region that are not members of the Security Council. Therefore, we ask that you stop withdrawing endorsements from American MapleStory and The Utopian Movement.

Finally, please endorse Delegate, Pallaith, and all members of the Security Council if you have not done so already. The list of Security Councillors can be found in the dispatch below:

https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=485372

Thanks again for your help in addressing this matter. Please contact me or any of the Security Councillors if you have any questions or concerns.

Take care,

Siwale

Eluvatar:
Eluvatar:
I have a question toward the applicant.

Who has responsibility for the execution of Article 5 of the SC Procedures, specifically clause b?
b. In the interest of protecting the delegacy from rogue elements, the Council will observe and report on nations whose endorsements reach two-thirds of the Vice Delegate's endorsement count, exceed the endorsement count of multiple Council members, or are otherwise notably high or rapidly growing; who are endorsed by a particularly unusual group of nations; or who otherwise raise suspicions or concerns.

What nations do the procedures currently mandate observation of purely based on their current endorsement count?

Quoting my question for fear it has gotten lost.

It might be reasonable for me to take this question to the Vice Delegate's desk, however.

Having concluded that it is indeed more reasonable to ask the above questions here, I have brought them to your attention.

The gap between your endorsements and the endorsements of the Delegate has been reduced further, to 41 endorsements, and shrinking. I ask you, the Vice Delegate, to do something to increase the gap a bit.

Zyvetskistaahn:
Siwale:
Zyvetskistaahn:

Can I ask whether there are any updates to be reported back?
The Security Council is still discussing this complex matter. I apologize for such a long wait and will report back as soon as a decision is made.

Eluvatar:
Eluvatar:
Eluvatar:

Who has responsibility for the execution of Article 5 of the SC Procedures, specifically clause b?
b. In the interest of protecting the delegacy from rogue elements, the Council will observe and report on nations whose endorsements reach two-thirds of the Vice Delegate's endorsement count, exceed the endorsement count of multiple Council members, or are otherwise notably high or rapidly growing; who are endorsed by a particularly unusual group of nations; or who otherwise raise suspicions or concerns.

What nations do the procedures currently mandate observation of purely based on their current endorsement count?

It might be reasonable for me to take this question to the Vice Delegate's desk, however.

Having concluded that it is indeed more reasonable to ask the above questions here, I have brought them to your attention.
The responsibility lies on the Council, as a whole, to observe and report on nations who meet the criteria listed in Article 5, Clause b. Any member of the council can start the discussion on nations with high or rapidly growing endo counts and an appropriate course of action is collectively determined.

The procedures currently mandate observation of nations with an endorsement count above 728 as this is two-thirds of the Vice Delegate’s current endorsement count. If members of the Security Council fell below this level, any nations above these Security Councilors would also be monitored.

Clean Land:
The gap between your endorsements and the endorsements of the Delegate has been reduced further, to 41 endorsements, and shrinking. I ask you, the Vice Delegate, to do something to increase the gap a bit.
The Security Council is keeping a close eye on the narrowing endorsement gap. This narrowing is to be expected after the release of such a harmful telegram, however, we are doing our best to keep this endorsement gap reduction to a minimum.

Siwale:
Eluvatar:
Eluvatar:
Eluvatar:

The responsibility lies on the Council, as a whole, to observe and report on nations who meet the criteria listed in Article 5, Clause b. Any member of the council can start the discussion on nations with high or rapidly growing endo counts and an appropriate course of action is collectively determined.

The procedures currently mandate observation of nations with an endorsement count above 728 as this is two-thirds of the Vice Delegate’s current endorsement count. If members of the Security Council fell below this level, any nations above these Security Councilors would also be monitored.

Which nations are these?

Is discussion of these 5 nations ongoing in on the forum? If not, are they being observed in any other way?

Eluvatar:
Which nations are these?

Is discussion of these 5 nations ongoing in on the forum? If not, are they being observed in any other way?
The nations who meet the criteria include:
HMS Unicorn
The Utopian Movement
American MapleStory
Wineclaw
Reannia
Aenglaland

The Council monitors the endorsement counts of all these nations on a daily basis. While any member of the Council is welcome to start a discussion at any time regarding any of these nations, discussions mainly occur when a nation has an endo count above members of the Council or is nearing 75 percent of the Delegate's endo count. When this happens, the Council assigns a representative to reach out to this nation in a friendly manner and educate them on the laws and procedures in place. The nation's responses to the representative are reported back to the Council where they decide whether any further actions are necessary at that time.

Hello all,

Please take a second to reendorse Security Councillor, Plembobria. Due to temporarily ceasing to exist, this member has lost all of their endorsements.

Thanks in advance for your help in strengthening regional security!

Sincerely,

[me]

Vice Delegate Siwale, Head of the Security Council,
there have been two CTE(Ceasing To Exist) incidents in a short amount of time:Plembobria(15 days ago) and Silly String(right now) The endorsements of a security councilor play an important role in ensuring safety of the region.

What will be done to address these avoidable incidents and to make sure something like this does not happen again?

Clean Land:
Vice Delegate Siwale, Head of the Security Council,
there have been two CTE(Ceasing To Exist) incidents in a short amount of time:Plembobria(15 days ago) and Silly String(right now) The endorsements of a security councilor play an important role in ensuring safety of the region.

What will be done to address these avoidable incidents and to make sure something like this does not happen again?
The Security Council apologizes for these incidents and is working towards regaining endorsements for both Plembobria and SillyString. Thankfully, endorsements are much easier to regain than regional influence and I hope to see SillyString back above the minimum endorsement requirements within the next week or so.

In order to prevent this from happening again, all members of the Security Council are being encouraged to log into their nations more frequently. This is not only to maintain their nation in TNP, but also to increase their gameside involvement. The Security Council serves a vital gameside role and should be actively involved in the community in which they serve to protect. Frequent endotarting and RMB participation are extremely important for all members of the Council.

Additionally, I am looking into adding a "most recent government activity" column into the Security Council Roster Spreadsheet in order for me to personally keep track of SC nation activity. Any Security Councillors who are about to CTE will be promptly notified.

Plembobria has unfortunately vacated their spot on the Security Council, as they have not logged into the forum for over two weeks.

vd_seal.png

Midterm Check-In​
July 25, 2018​

Hello everyone, just wanted to put it out there that this office is open for comments, questions, suggestions, and that I welcome and appreciate your feedback. I think it's good to have a dialogue and this office can be inconsistent at times about doing that. I won't rehash what I stated in my campaign, but the first thing I want to explore with the Security Council is an initiative to boost individual SC member endorsement counts. I figure we can work on this between our big endorsement campaigns.

I want you to feel comfortable using this thread, so please feel free. I will do my best to address your concerns and answer your questions.

-Ghost

I believe I left one of my favorite pens in the desk. If you find it, would you mind returning it to me?

precise.w850.h561.jpg

Siwale:
I believe I left one of my favorite pens in the desk. If you find it, would you mind returning it to me?
The Vice Delegate's office provides pens upon request. Help yourself Mr. Delegate.

EDIT: I saw the pen, looks rather common. Why don't you buy a box at Office Depot or something?

Pallaith:
Siwale:
The Vice Delegate's office provides pens upon request. Help yourself Mr. Delegate.
Thanks for the offer, but unfortunately your office only supplies PaperMate pens which are far inferior in quality. Plus they lack the sentimental value :(

I would imagine that the Delegate needs a pin with a fine point so that the ink does not come out too fast to favor his 1 wpm rate (which is truly a speedy record for slothkind.)

But in all serious, thank you for posting here, Vice Delegate. I did not know this thread existed until now.

What are your current thoughts to ways increase Security Council endorsement numbers? Is there specific goals that you want each SC Member to achieve in growth?

Back