[Complete]AT VOTE: Condemn The United Defenders League [Complete]

Huh? I do not have any hard feelings about that. I took responsibility, left the region after a few minutes, and banjected the endorser. Not to mention the founder came back and I apologized to him.

So DYP, Rachel, and others providing testimony does not count as evidence?

Bryan von Richthofen:
This is stupid. Can you two stop having a pissing contest?
Agreed. All I'm seeing here are two people being upset about their R/D circlejerk being disrupted by the even larger circlejerk that is the SC itself.

The WA Affairs Ministry recognizes 14 in favor (Joshua, Blue Wolf II, Mall, Venico, Funkadelia, Iro, Bryan von Richthofen, Biyah, Gaspo, Windy, DRUK, King Durk the Awesome, Empire of Narnia, Punk D), 11 against (Cormac Stark, Sovreignry, madjack, flemingovia, Belschaft, Ravania, Johz, Earth, Tim, Kingborough, Mahaj), 4 for abstention (Jamie, Lennart, Kiwi, unibot), and 0 present.

As neither voting in favor nor voting against have a majority, the Ministry would advise the Delegate to abstain from voting at this time.
Windy:
Aye

will be voting in 2 other regions
On behalf of Delegate McMasterdonia: Windy, you are going to be warned for failure to abide by the WA voting policy. As this is your first strike, your vote will be counted. On a second strike your vote will not be counted, in accordance with the policy.
unibot:
Seems like it's kind of become a bit of partisan here :P If anyone does want to ask a question regarding this resolution, as the Head of UDL, I am more than capable of answering any questions people may have.

I find this resolution to be wholly inaccurate and incorrect, naturally.

I will abstain from the vote, only to avoid a conflict of interests, obviously I am against it in spirit. I have not voted anywhere else on this issue.
The Ministry is uncertain as to whether you intended to not affect the result of this vote and vote present, or whether you wished to vote for our Delegate to abstain. For now your vote is being counted as for abstention.

The WA Affairs Ministry recognizes 15 in favor (Joshua, Blue Wolf II, Mall, Venico, Funkadelia, Iro, Bryan von Richthofen, Biyah, Gaspo, Windy, DRUK, King Durk the Awesome, Empire of Narnia, Punk D, Lord Byron), 11 against (Cormac Stark, Sovreignry, madjack, flemingovia, Belschaft, Ravania, Johz, Earth, Tim, Kingborough, Mahaj), 4 for abstention (Jamie, Lennart, Kiwi, unibot), and 0 present.

As neither voting in favor nor voting against have a majority (neither 15/30 nor 11/30 is more than 1/2), the Ministry would still advise the Delegate to abstain from voting at this time.

Eluvatar - your read of the votes, is that typical practice. I believed that abstentions should not be counted in the votes, just used for quorum purposes.

The WA Affairs Ministry recognizes 16 in favor (Joshua, Blue Wolf II, Mall, Venico, Funkadelia, Iro, Bryan von Richthofen, Biyah, Gaspo, Windy, DRUK, King Durk the Awesome, Empire of Narnia, Punk D, Lord Byron, Former English Colony), 11 against (Cormac Stark, Sovreignry, madjack, flemingovia, Belschaft, Ravania, Johz, Earth, Tim, Kingborough, Mahaj), 4 for abstention (Jamie, Lennart, Kiwi, unibot), and 0 present.

As 16 / 31 is a majority, I will be advising the Delegate to vote in favor of this resolution immediately.

Bryan von Richthofen:
Doesn't abstaining translate into your vote being null and not counted?
A vote of "abstain" is a vote for the Delegate to abstain.

A vote of "present" translates to your vote being null.

Windy and Jamie have changed their votes, and the Ministry has found that Bryan von Richthofen's TNP nation has ceased to exist.

The WA Affairs Ministry recognizes 15 in favor (Joshua, Blue Wolf II, Mall, Venico, Funkadelia, Iro, Bryan von Richthofen, Biyah, Gaspo, DRUK, King Durk the Awesome, Empire of Narnia, Punk D, Lord Byron, Former English Colony, Jamie), 12 against (Cormac Stark, Sovreignry, madjack, flemingovia, Belschaft, Ravania, Johz, Earth, Tim, Kingborough, Mahaj, Windy), 3 for abstention (Lennart, Kiwi, unibot), and 0 present.

15 of 30 not being a majority, the Ministry will advise the Delegate to withdraw their vote at the earliest opportunity.

An additional note: this vote has seen an extremely high turnout.

The Ministry will be investigating people's declarations of where they have voted. If persons are found to have failed to disclose extra regional votes, the three strikes policy will be applied appropriately (the first strike is a warning, but the vote is still counted).

As a note, as 16 of 30 voters have declared other regions where they have voted, under the Delegate's instructions, the Executive Council may override this canvas if it believes the best interests of The North Pacific lie in doing so as a majority of voters have voted elsewhere as well.

Directive:
8.The Executive Council shall be empowered to override the results of a referendum on a WA resolution when:
.A majority of votes cast were cast by residents who have voted in multiple regions; and
a.The Delegate judges* that the vote determined by the referendum would be detrimental to the interests of The North Pacific.

* The Ministry has received instructions from the Delegate indicating that the Council should make the determination on this particular resolution during his absence.

On behalf of Delegate McMasterdonia: Bryan von Richthofen, you are going to be warned for failure to abide by the WA voting policy, as you have voted in Europeia but failed to declare it. As this is your first strike, your vote would be counted if your TNP nation were in TNP. On a second strike your vote will not be counted, in accordance with the policy.

Edit: your nation's return is duly noted, and your vote will be reinstated unless the Speaker removes you from the Regional Assembly.

The Ministry is investigating your counterclaim.

As it stands, I count 16 in favor, 12 against, 4 to abstain, and 0 present.

Voter[c]TNP Nation[c]Vote[c]Other Regions[c]Cormac Stark[c]Cormac Stark[c]Against[c]Balder, Europeia[c]Joshua[c]The Dead Angels[c]For[c][c]Sovreignry[c]Sovreignry North Pacific[c]Against[c]Osiris[c]Blue Wolf II[c]Blue Wolf II[c]For[c][c]Mall[c]Mall[c]For[c]Osiris[c]madjack[c]United Alesia[c]Against[c]Balder, Europeia, the South pacific[c]Venico[c]Numpkys[c]For[c]Osiris[c]Jamie[c]Jamie Anumia[c]For[c][c]flemingovia[c]Northern Flemingovia[c]Against[c][c]Lennart[c]Ehlnar[c]Abstain[c][c]Funkadelia[c]Funkadelia Island[c]For[c]Taijitu[c]Belschaft[c]North Pacific Belschaft[c]Against[c]the South Pacific[c]Ravania[c]Ravania Aquilonia[c]Against[c]Osiris[c]Johz[c]That Johz Thing[c]Against[c][c]Iro[c]Checkers[c]For[c]Atrigeas[c]Earth[c]Earth22 IV[c]Against[c]Osiris, The Rejected Realms[c]Tim[c]Tim[c]Against[c]Osiris, Balder, Mordor, Equilism[c]Bryan von Richthofen[c]Maybe I Should Join[c]For[c][c]Biyah[c]Lord Rahl Reloaded[c]For[c]Osiris, The Rejected Realms[c]Gaspo[c]Gasponia[c]For[c][c]Kiwi[c]KiwiTaicho[c]Abstain[c][c]Windy[c]Windsor DC[c]Against[c]"2 other regions"[c]DRUK[c]United Koryo[c]For[c]Osiris[c]King Durk the Awesome[c]Balkanlands[c]For[c][c]Empire of Narnia[c]Empire of Narnia[c]For[c][c]Kingborough[c]Kingborough II[c]Against[c]Nysa, Balder, British Isles, A Reach Around, Lazarus[c]unibot[c]Unibot III[c]Abstain[c][c]punk d[c]MadhouseMike[c]For[c][c]Mahaj[c]Sexy Cars[c]Against[c]Osiris[c]Lord Byron[c]God n Country n Byron[c]For[c][c]Former English Colony[c]Former English Colony[c]For[c][c]Alvino Castillon[c]Almaniania[c]Abstain

In reviewing this resolution, the Ministry faced the unenviable position of working with remarkably little in the way of facts. Allegations in this matter have been thrown around like water, including, unsurprisingly, allegations of bias on the part of the Ministry, but very little has been demonstrated in any conclusive fashion.

While no proof has been provided of any of the allegations in the actual resolution, it has a remarkable degree of support, so the Ministry will assume that many TNP residents either believe the allegations or believe the UDL should be condemned for other reasons.

The Ministry recommends that: If you believe that the stated reason for a Condemnation need not be the actual reason and that Defending should be condemned, you should vote for. If you believe the allegations are true and do not require proof, you should vote for. If you believe the stated reason for a Condemnation should be the actual reason and the allegations are true and require proof, you should vote to abstain or against. If you believe that either the stated reason for a Condemnation should be the actual reason or that Defending is not condemnable and that the allegations are false, you should vote against.

Posted in the SC forum for this condemnation by Elu using Zemnaya. A UDL member using his position in TNP to help influence people to vote against the UDL condemnation. Interesting.

Zemnaya Svoboda:
Jedi-Gangsters:
Interesting how Eluvatar uses his position in TNP to make a post against this condemnation. It is interesting because Eluvatar is a member of the UDL. Just felt I should point that out.

I have been a TNPer about four times longer than the UDL has existed. When I feel I am needed in TNP, my WA is not mobile and does not defend, because I am a TNPer first, and a UDL member second.

As Delegate, I ordered the creation of the WA Affairs Ministry, and instructed that it should seek to inform our region about WA resolutions, to assist us in exercising our significant WA influence. In writing this review, I am striving to perform that task to the best of my ability.

The WA Affairs Ministry has a responsibility to inform that does not cease because a WA proposal author thinks it should.

Joshua:
Posted in the SC forum for this condemnation by Elu using Zemnaya. A UDL member using his position in TNP to help influence people to vote against the UDL condemnation. Interesting.
Accusing Eluvatar of putting the UDL ahead of TNP given his history in this region -- not to mention the fact that he is carrying out the ministry delegated to him by Mcmasterdonia and the rest of the Executive Council, many of whom are not UDL members -- was an incredibly desperate and stupid move on your part.

Hopefully in light of this TNP citizens will now see this proposal for what it is: a petty attempt to carry out a personal grudge that looks a lot like a NationStates version of the Salem witch hunts. Disagree with Joshua? UDL puppet!

I'd also like to note that TSP, a region that Joshua mentions twice as a victim of the UDL, is voting overwhelmingly against the resolution.

Bryan von Richthofen:
TSP has a large majority of citizens who are in the UDL. So that's no surprise.
Um, that's not the case. The forum vote is currently unanimous, and most of the voters have never been active UDL members (and a slightly greater majority are not members today).

Eluvatar:
Bryan von Richthofen:
TSP has a large majority of citizens who are in the UDL. So that's no surprise.
Um, that's not the case. The forum vote is currently unanimous, and most of the voters have never been active UDL members (and a slightly greater majority are not members today).
Just as a note, one of the votes against is HEM -- who aside from being a former cabinet minister in TSP is also the Supreme Chancellor (Founder) of Europeia and a former Prime Minister of The Land of Kings and Emperors.

But sure, if proponents of this proposal really want to go with the meme that anyone who opposes this proposal must be a UDL member -- be my guest. It just makes you look increasingly ridiculous.

Right Cormac, insult the ones who stand against the UDL on any issue. Because that really validates your statements.

And we're the ridiculous ones.

Bryan von Richthofen:
Right Cormac, insult the ones who stand against the UDL on any issue. Because that really validates your statements.

And we're the ridiculous ones.
This is not about standing up to the UDL. (You know you can do that any day of the week, right?)

Criticising supporters of a CONDEMNATION of the UDL, that is not invalid like you make it seem.

If you feel you have been insulted, Bryan, please report the post in which you were insulted and the Ministry, responsible for moderation in this area, will do its best to help.

Back