Today something cool happened...

I had a job interview today for a position with more responsibility in the Admissions office for my school. Even if I don't get it the interviewer told me I was definitely going to be a tour guide again. $9 an hour is a nice thing, especially for a job walking around talking. I love it.

Too much information!

I guess I need to make my puns a little less easy to spot.

$9 an hour?! you americans get suckered bad. i get U$15 as a base in a dead end retail job, twice that on sundays.

meanwhile, i got the only copy of Puzzle Quest for DS that came into my store last night. played until far to late this morning.

I hate working retail, I don't think I ever will again. I'll leave it to the less ambitious among us to take abuse from asshole customers and get screwed by corporate policy.

Besides, it's just a school job, and it keeps me fed for only 7 hours of work a week.

I discovered a funny webcomic:

elevator.jpg

listentoyourmother.jpg

seamonster.jpg

lucy.jpg

alwayslovehim.jpg

letmeup.jpg

ricepudding.jpg

greenlake.jpg

thebritish.jpg

wrong.jpg

teahill.jpg

justtryme.jpg

battleship.jpg

karaoke.jpg

library.jpg

vacation.jpg

I got ANOTHER job offer today, back in healthcare, which I have accepted over the one I already accepted earlier.

So if anyone needs a vendor support position in or around Salina, KS, I know of one which just came open.

And what have we learned from the process?

1. Changing one's resume away from the Word templates pays off - 2 sent out, 2 offers received.

2. When the interviewer sends a benefits packet home with you, it is a strong indicator that you have done well in the interview.

3. I am being unleashed upon an unsuspecting public with a box full of needles!

Ok, prepare yourself for a true tale of mystery.

Picture the scene; an industrial estate in rural England, 11pm, a summers evening in 2007. A handsome gent rides a racing bike down a dark secluded lane. Suddenly, he is struck with a blinding white light all around for about three seconds.

There were no light sources aside from bike lights. There were no cars, or vehicular traffic of any kind. Looking up to see if lightning has struck, he finds the English night full of stars, not a cloud in the sky. There was no noise. Although he was listening to Iron Maiden at the time.

What happened?! An encounter with FBI space aliens? The Almighty trying to communicate? Years of wild hedonism finally caught up with our mystery protagonist?

Answers on a postcard, please.

This ones easy.

Obsessive Doctor Who fans stalk said industrial estate after deciding that directions to it had been crypticaly hidden in the middle names of all 10 doctors. Seeing you, they frantically took pictures hoping you'd be David Tennant out for a pleasent eveing bike ride.

Today is the last day the girl I have been seeing casually will be here, same with me. We're both going home for about a week before school starts. So tonight is definitely going to be awesome. Our friends are throwing us a party.

I've been meaning to watch Terminator 2 since i've been here in Virginia, but I didn't want to take it out of its plastic wrap because it is not my movie. Today it is on Encore! Problem solved!

Edit: Oh no! My random thought! I've just revealed it was not random after all. :cry:

I came back to my room tonight to find one of my friends had written "Andrew shucks", with an accompanying stick figure with corn in his hand, on my whiteboard. :)

Back