The Last Movie You Saw...

Last movie I saw was Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The only really big problem was how Dumbledore was played. Absolutely terrible, where the hell was the Director on that one? Did the actor even read Harry Potter?

I saw Harry Potter as well. It was interesting.

I also saw Rent with the wife. If you have seen Team America and the opening stage song then you have basically seen Rent. It was traumatizing.

I saw Harry Potter too.

I was a bit disappointed in the way the ending really left you hanging. Most of the others offered at least mild closure.

I am eagerly anticipating The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. The Chronicles of Narnia changed my life when I was little.

I saw Rent in Theatres. I'm not really sure how it will translate on screen. I'm afraid I will hate it like I hated the screen version of Chicago.

Last movie i saw was The Ring 2 =O twas a fairly decent movie, not all that scary though >_< so that was a dissapointment v_v

sad sad ^

I saw HP4 aswell....too rushed for the book, some nice 'mild peril' however. leaves hanging in the same way as the book IMO.

Though if this was rushed then HP5 will be much worse :cry:

Not wishing to follow the trend, I saw the second Harry Potter film last night. (Don't know its full name, don't care.)

My opinion hasn't really changed since the last time I saw it. Its held together by an impressive supporting cast, but main character performances are acceptable but nothing fantastic. Perhaps the best part of it from my point of view was it wasn't the first one.

Downfall. Excellent film. I was worried the hype surrounding it would be its (wait for it...) downfall, but it more than delivered the goods.

For me, it was "Good Night, and Good Luck"--an excellent movie about Edward R. Murrow's defiance against McCarthy during his witchhunt. Go watch it.

*Monte Ozarka waits in anticipation for Syriana.

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

I was looking for some stylized hollywood action involving hitmen/women. And this movie certainly delivered. I so want to be a hitman, or at least a mercenary. One day...

Darkness - I don't know if this ever made it to the cinema, or even to the DVD market. But I doubt it. I plot that would have been stretched given half the time to tell, mediocre performances by all concerned, and not particulary engrossing. Endings alright though.

I saw King Kong on Friday night. It was delicious. Although the middle hour was a bit too long, even if it was full of dinosaurs and giant bugs. The special effects were amazing though, and all in all, I loved it. Definitely take the time to see it on the big screen at the theater, because it'll lose sooooo much if you wait to rent it.

If it was that good then I would have to say the previews didn't do it justice but, then again, they rarely do justice to movies with good plots and without the typical shirts bursting at the seems and nearly random explosions.

Yeah, this wasn't your standard sort of movie. What I thought Geishas were was prostitutes, but 'geisha' actually means 'artist' in japanese, it wasn't about sex. The movie was different than what i've seen the last few times, and that alone makes it worth it to me. I'm tired of the same old crap.

Brokeback Mountain - absolutely beautiful, and yeah, sad and affecting in the way all good love stories should be.

Alright, so I nearly cried at the end so what?

I'm sure loads of guys woulda done the same.

Right?

I saw Memoirs of a Geisha last Friday. It really was an awesome movie. Loved the cinematography and the soundtrack.

I also saw Walk the Line for the *cough* fourth time *cough*. My friend Andrea is obsessed with it. I thought the guy who played Elvis was hot. He looks like Dan.

"He said don't THINK about touchin' it. Don't SING about touchin' it. Don't THINK about SINGIN' about touchin' it..."

Yes. Yes you should.

"Your fans are gospel folk, Johnny. They're Christians, and they don't wanna hear you singing to a bunch of murderers and rapists, tryin' to cheer 'em up."

Back