Pet Peeves

I just realized that was a literal and a figurative "pet peeve". Awesome!

PP: That someone hasn't developed that technology they had on Star trek, where food comes out of a microwave looking thing?

Pet Peeve: Bored NS players that continually pretend to be "new" when it's obvious this game hasn't had a genuine new person sign up in years.

PP: That anyone truly believes Max Barry is a good writer, or that nationstates is a good computer game. It has always been about the communities it creates, yet this region specifically ignores that aspect almost 100%, instead opting for being absolutely boring and off-putting to anyone actually new.

PP: My stupid phone that does texting in a very stupid way. When a text reaches the 160 character limit it does not immediately begin a second text message that it will automatically send in order. No. I have to save it to drafts. Then complete a second message, and then send them in order. And that might not be too bad, except that after I send each text the phone does not go back to the last menu I was looking at. It completely exits out of everything, and goes back to the main phone screen. Then I have to re-access the messaging menu of my phone. Texting technology has surpassed this by far, and yet this phone somehow missed the boat.

^ That's a real problem in some of the more isolated communities in northern Canada. When I lived in Rankin Inlet (see map below) everything had to be flown in and was sold with a premium on heavy products and items with short expiration dates. Many of the locals survived on chips and pop because it was way cheaper than vegetables and milk ($12 for a 4 litre jug). There were actual cases of rickets and scurvy in the community.

nu2001922.gif

PP: hangnails

PP: This is going to sound all walker-waving senior, but younger people putting their shoes on couches and other furniture. What the heck happened in their home life to make them miss that lesson on courtesy? Especially in the depths of winter, with the associated nasty brown snowmelt.

PP: how modern news broadcasting has put more of a premium on offering opinions rather than presenting facts and letting people form their own views.

Back