Meterra Economic Treaty Association

Dasnian Foreign Affairs minister Vikneshwaran replies "Within META, which is an Economic Association, Dasnia promises as a responsible member to bring proposals in the coming future to create various inhumane activities such as Cow slaughter for beef, Poaching of animals for clothes and usage of Animals in Circus as illegal and promote harmony and peace Amongst the other living species, and promote the planting of trees. This is because we believe that It is because of those animals and trees only that we're surviving. They maintain the Ecosystem and are responsible for our day to day health. And Eventually If A Person's Health is good,he or she is a great asset for the Country's economy."

Last edited:
“Thank you for your response,” said Éléonore, “but I don’t think that answers the question regarding Dasnia’s neutrality. The Dasnian government recently put out a press release declaring its neutrality, however it has now applied for META. Do you think that you can elaborate or explain this contradiction please?”

Vikneshwaran Replies "Alright. So, uhh. .Basically what the Dasnian Government has thought for next couple of years is, to collaborate with other nations within META and Iteria Economically. And I know it contradicts the press release, but I'll explain you why. See, Dasnia was Isolated since a really long time, Because it was blessed with abundancy of resources, you can take example of Dasnian Petroleum. It currently fuels most of the Country's assets and is vital for the growth of Economy. But now, the Trend is changing, the oil deposits will not last long and hence The Largest contributor to Economy will collapse not today but in the near future, which can lead to dangerous Economic Crisis in Dasnia. The shift to more sustainable and green form of resources is what The Dasnian Government is planning. But for that, we really need some Scientific Advancements, Some really Innovative minds and Labs and all that stuff. But Dasnia Is Lacking really badly at that. Since it was fully Agriculturally and Tourist dependent, and the people never really had the curiousity to invent something new, because Money and Food keeps Dasnians Happy. So by Joining META , what we really are looking forward to is the co-operation of other Members with Dasnia Scientifically and Economically so that Dasnians can also become a part of the Carbon Negative Countries which are rarely found in Eras. And I'd like to request the members of META to provide us Military support when we're in need ,because in the near future, Dasnia will almost de-militarize itself, because wasting money into something that isn't really required right now, cannot help country grow Economically. The Non Alignment was just a temporary statement by the Government, because there was a conflict of interest across various Leagues and Associations I.e some Associations had what we needed and some had that we didn't necessarily needed. It declared that Dasnia will not entertain any offer but would itself apply"

Last edited:
Masuda Nader, the Representative of the City state of Irostima in META, had remained silent so far, carefully pondering over the questions asked by the Ponterre, Éléonore Boutet, towards the Dasnian foreign affairs minister, Vikneshwaran. After listening intently to the responses given by the Dasnian foreign affairs minister which to Nader left room to be a satisfying. Slowly rising from his seat he began by addressing the other representatives of META nations.

"Allow me to begin by giving my gratitude, on behalf of all of Irostima, to all the nations META for granting Irostima entrance into this great organisation. May we forever stand together, side by side, as our nations and our people grow and develop into an ever prosperous future."
Before turning to the Dasnian foreign affairs minister.
"Mr Vikneshwaran, I thank you for your presence with us today. However it is crucial that i ask, especially considering from we all have heard so far today, so far it sounds like Dasnia intends only to benefit from its third party membership of META. We have yet to hear what your nation can contribute to META. What is it that will be your nations contribution? What goods and services can your nation provide? Will your nations membership benefit both yourself and the nations of META? From what we have heard just now this is a necessary question that requires answering. Thank you"
Nader calmly sat down to await his answer.

Vikneshwaran replies "Ok, so officially let me tell you, Dasnia will provide to the members of META great quality of goods and services in the sectors of Petroleum, Cement, and Food Supplies, Information & Technology and Tourism. According to recent survey, more than 1200 companies were registered and were ready for tie-ups with Foreign players. Dasnians are also looking forward to Foreign Investments and MNCs that'll provide more jobs , more competition and resulting in better quality of services and goods in the Country.We are Looking forward to Foreign Investments also in the field of Scientific Research , so that An Infrastructure can be set up to explore the un-explored within Dasnia. Dasnia has planned some Special Economic Activities Zones (SEZ), where MNCs will be allowed to open their offices, factories etc. From these SEZs, the Companies will operate and provide goods and services to other parts of Country. And I'll highly encourage the Foreign companies to please Make In Dasnia and Export from Dasnia. Dasnia will also reduce the Tariffs significantly for the members of META so that they can easily provide Dasnians their services. The SEZs will be provided 24x7 Logistical support from the Government. We Dasnians are transitioning from a Closed Economy to a Liberalised Economy, and we hope META members will show kind support and cooperation. Together , Dasnians and the members of META will be benefitted with one hundred percent assurance from our side. Dasnians don't ditch away from their promises let me tell you that also."

Vikneshwaran sits and drinks a cup of water to relax his throat.

Last edited:
AUEDrhb.png

To Whom This May Concern,

We in the Democratic Republic of Oclusia loves the idea of the Meterra Economic Treaty Association because it gives our nation the opportunity to become united with the rest of Meterra. For a very long stretch of time, we have been out of touch and isolated from our neighbors in Meterra as well as nations down farther from our nation. The idea of now being connected whether that be through the trans-META highways that will roam through our nation or the trade that comes with being a member of an association of this stature.

We also love the economic possibilities between our nation and the nations of META. We love the ideas of enterprise and trade because it can possibly bring our nation revenue of foreign supplies that we do not have access to in the Democratic Republic of Oclusia. We feel that membership to the Meterra Economic Treaty Association is beneficial to both us and the nations inside of this Association. The Democratic Republic of Oclusia humbly requests membership in the Meterra Economic Treaty Association.

T0nLVX4.png

Last edited:
Éléonore spoke. "We have all seen what has happened in Oclusia in recent days. This is a no-brainer, and I do not think there is very much to be said. The Kingdom of Ponterre is deeply concerned by the situation in Oclusia, which involves government-sponsored discrimination against Courantists, and META should not admit it as a member under any circumstances, so long as the Oclusian Congress continues to treat its citizens this way."

Mateusz Szymanski stood.

"I must commend the statement made by the honorable lady from Ponterre." he stated plainly. "Though we cannot vote on such measures, I must still, all the same, express the Empire's unequivocal disapproval of the prospective membership of the so-called Democratic Republic of Oclusia. We strongly encourage the voting members to reject a nation whose government openly and unapologetically refuses to grant the majority of its own populace basic human rights."

"Haor Chall concurs with the statement from Ponterre, although we would go further and suggest an urgent meeting of META members is held immediately - to discuss a unified response to this crisis taking place on our continent. This is not something we can stand idly by and allow to happen on our watch."

Kayode leaned forward. “I agree with Haor Chall that unified action needs to be taken. Chaos will soon be at the brink of our borders, especially when Saintonge ratifies the Charter.” She then scooted up in her seat. “My recommendation is nothing martial, as we do not want to implicate those who are pacifistic in a war they don’t even want to be in. Instead, we should focus more on embargoes and quotas on Oclusia and any countries that still support them.”

"Naizerre of course does not agree with the actions of Oclusia, and their META application should be placed on hold indefinitely, but we should be aware of the possibility that imperial powers will use this issue as an opportunity to exercise colonial ambitions. We should be prepared to act to expel any long term occupying force that is not META-led."

Oclusia's recent actions are exceptionally disagreeable. It is the Lancerian position as well that their application be denied at this time with that in mind.

We, too, concur with Haor Chall that a meeting of META nations would be prudent to discuss a unified reaction, whether that be a statement of condemnation or further.

AUEDrhb.png

We know that META's member nations may or may not have mixed feelings about our nation after what happened with our nation and our past administration. However, we want a chance to redeem ourselves as an Oclusi people. We in the Democratic Republic of Oclusia admire the idea of the Meterra Economic Treaty Association because it gives our nation the opportunity to become united with the rest of Meterra. For a very long stretch of time, we have been out of touch and isolated from our neighbors in Meterra as well as nations down farther from our nation, and because of the mistakes from our last administration ran by Yermalayevich, we were more isolated and even shunned than ever. However, we still love the many ideas that this organization has to offer us as a united people. We feel that we can bring much to the Meterra Economic Treaty Association's table including many materials to trade with the biggest example being seafood as well as lumber.

We also love the commercial possibilities between our nation and the nations of META. We love the ideas of enterprise and trade because it can possibly bring our nation revenue of foreign suppliers that we do not have access to in the Democratic Republic of Oclusia as well as the chance of new materials that we can acquire and work into Oclusia. We feel that membership to the Meterra Economic Treaty Association is beneficial to both us and the nations inside of this Association. Travel and tourism is also big within our borders and if we can find access to META, we feel that we can provide a travel destination breathtaking enough to have tourists entering by the year. The Democratic Republic of Oclusia humbly requests membership in the Meterra Economic Treaty Association.

Kind Regards,
EXXrIYQ.png

The Republic cannot - and will not - in any good conscience, allow in this fashion the progression of such a nation that violates the very core of human rights. The argument is not whether Oclusia possesses the resources that would be desirable for META membership, but whether any standing member of the Association could compromise their government's morals and ethics - never mind any sentient being's own morals and ethics - to allow a nation to taint the sanctity of pure, peaceful, and blood-free economic partnership.

Mouxordia wholeheartedly supports a meeting of the Association with the goal of presenting an official and united front against such violations of human rights. Regardless of the Association's stance, the Republic's own legislative body is preparing a response which may very well result in economic sanctions or other such actions.

To make clearer our stance: The Republic of Mouxordia will vote 'nay' on any vote called for Oclusia's admission into the Association. Furthermore, the Republic will not entertain any thought other than full compliance with established META guidelines before entry into the Association.

Kayode ahems: "We are unfortunate to have lost McMasterdonia's interest in the Association, however I do feel it is necessary that we still honor the treatises of Article Six in Treaty Zero. If we are to act as a mediator of the conflict, we should maintain our neutrality in the affairs of an urgent and developing conflict that could have major implications in the politics of Meterra."

"As for applications," she moved on, "We ask that applicants respond to the questions in this document."

"The Federal Commonwealth, too, is suspicious of the Oclusian government. While we do honor the collapse of the old, bigoted government, we musn't be too hasty to accept the new government that has taken its place—which, as it stands, is obscure in its ideology, morality and intentions. While we do not plan on outright denying the Oclusian application, we would still like to know more about the new government before we can make a decision. To the reformed Oclusian government, we ask the following: how prevailing is the nation's approval of your rule, are there any challenges to your rule, what is your new stance on the rights of the peoples within your nation, and how committed are you to the social contract involved in META?"

"In other news, I would like to remind you all—the Signatories—to appoint your jurists which will represent your nations' interests in the newly created Tribunal. I would also like to remind our Observers—Syrixia, Midir, and Skanda, to specify the categories of goods you would like to trade as Third–Party Members."

Mateusz Szymanski stood.

"As it currently stands, the Empire is interested in all four of the specified trade categories."

The Lancerian delegation submits the following individuals as our jurists.

1. Gerart Boyer
2. Caterina Roize
3. Belsante Paquin

Palace of the Count of Foreign Affairs,
Lingvetard Street, 1, Petria, PETRIA, VIVANCO.

I, Ruldolph Vain Daster, Minister of External Relationships and International Commerce for the Marquisate of Vivanco
PROCLAIM:

• The interest from the vivanquian nation into joining the M.E.T.A. in order to promove stronger relationships between the members and the Marquisate.
  • The economic surplus that may be obtained with this improvement of external commerce if Vivanco was a member for both the Marquisate and the organization.
  • The quality of life and market desired for the people of the Marquisate.
For the points explained above, I hereby then
APPEAL:

• The addition of the Vivanquian nation into such organization.
Signed, Rudolph Van Daster.
RiryI8O.png

i4j0AOR.png

Last edited:
The United Kingdom of Sasten submits Regerte Virai, Inri Geduzt, and Alasen Ervas as our jurists.

The Majestic Twelve share the Demescian view towards Oclusia. The old regime may have fallen, but the challenges it leaves behind are serious and we feel that more time is required for the new government to establish itself before we can consider Oclusian membership of META.

We welcome the application of Vivanco, and would be interested in what the Marquisate believes it will bring to the META community?

Haor Chall submits as our jurists: David Miskides, Katia Molitor, Augustin Scheck

Last edited:
Palace of the Count of Foreign Affairs,
Lingvetard Street, 1, Petria, PETRIA, VIVANCO.

I, Rudolph Van Daister, Minister of External Relationships and International Commerce for the Marquisate of Vivanco

PROCLAIM:
The following answers to the interview sent to our ministry.

1) What would you benefit from the Association?

Vivanco has stood on its own for the test of time, but in this age of globalization and intensification of international relationships, cooperation in good faith with our neighbours will be quintessential for our wellbeing. The open borders between members will allow workers to come and go, and such with businesses, allowing a boom in the economy and in the culture.

2) What would you offer the Association?
While the economic improvement and shared use of the patents registered in Vivanco are the most important feature, the privileged territorial situation of the Marquisate will be of aid in case of need and, may the providence not want it, of war, the Strait of Petria would be of use as a form of bottle neck.

3) How is your willingness to apply META standards and regulations?
Upmost, but as long as such regulations are accepted in parliament in case of surpassing the national regulation, to add such changes into the national legal organism

4) How is your willingness to integrate your economy and infrastructure?
The willingness is strong, but in the case of having to change infrastructure, it would be a slow process.

5) How is your willingness to participate in META affairs?
Strong, due to such affairs having a direct consequence in Vivanco, either inside or outside of META.

6) Are there any territory disputes or international controversies involved with your country that you should mention?
The northern provinces have an extended grade of autonomy due to an extensive history of attempts to break from the country with violent means.

7) What does the motto Synergy, Integrity, Affinity mean to you?
It means the unification of countries in unisone working and marching to a better future, a proportional march and a choreography of acts of individuals that overtime echoe to change the world.

Signed, Rudolph Van Daster.
RiryI8O.png

i4j0AOR.png

Last edited:
Haor Chall acknowledges the answers from Vivanco and calls for a vote on all outstanding prospective members - with the exception of the Somi Union and Oclusia.

Despite the welcome response from the Somaad, these are serious allegations which are also reflected in on our own national intelligence reports and as such we would like to recommend a commission drawn from META members and the secretariat, as appropriate, is dispatched on fact finding mission to the Somi Union, to confirm the accuracy of these allegations and whether slavery or other discriminatory practices are still taking place. Once the commission has reported its findings back to META, we will then be sufficiently informed to hold a vote on their membership.

Last edited:
AUEDrhb.png

1. What would you benefit from the Association?
  2. What would you offer the Association?
  3. How is your willingness to apply META standards and regulations?
  4. How is your willingness to integrate your economy and infrastructure?
  5. How is your willingness to participate in META affairs?
  6. Are there any territory disputes or international controversies involved with your country that you should mention?
  7. What does the motto Synergy, Integrity, Affinity mean to you?
  1. The Democratic Republic of Oclusia would gain many assets from this Association. In example, we would gain international friendships and relations and diplomacy as well as a new light upon the government and an economic boost for the Democratic Republic.
  2. Within the association, we could offer many different trading goods like fish, potatoes, and oil. We could also contribute in projects greatly by providing tools and assets that would be needed for the exact project.
  3. The Democratic Republic of Oclusia is fully committed to and willing to follow all of the META guidelines and regulations
  4. The Democratic Republic of Oclusia will be fully willing to adopt economics from META and infrastructure.
  5. The Democratic Republic of Oclusia is completely interested in affairs within META, and we feel that our delegation could bring something valuable to the table within these discussions.
  6. Recently, our former president unleashed laws against Courantists, but was stopped in his tracks and killed. Our previous president that followed him was assassinated as well.
  7. The motto, "Synergy, Integrity, Affinity" means that all members of META are in a union and they hold each other accountable. The Democratic Republic of Oclusia also believes that this motto means that nations should be willing to work with others, being held accountable for their actions, and at the end of the day, be united with everyone within this association.
It is for this reason that the Democratic Republic of Oclusia requests membership into META.
Kind Regards,

Oclusi Government

Éléonore had an immediate question.

"How can you guarantee that Oclusia will remain stable considering the events of just a month ago?"

The delegate of Oclusia stood up and dusted off his suit. His placard was on his desk. "The delegation of the Byeloslavic State of the Osclusi Democratic Republic of a Greater Northwestern Meterra acknowledges the concerns placed by the delegation of the Kingdom of Ponterre, and we understand the weariness of everyone else in allowing such a controversial nation into your halls. However, the delegation of Oclusia can guarantee that Oclusia will remain stable. This is because our congress is working around the clock for hours on end to mend all of the issues that Oclusia is facing. Following the recent amendments to the Oclusi Constitution, Oclusia's government is not allowed to pass laws that seem undignified or unrighteous. This will ensure that crises like those under Yermolayevich will not happen again. In short, we can guarantee that Oclusia will remain stable because of new laws put in place, a new legislative body, and a more stable one at that." He took a look around. "I yield the rest of my time to the chair," he said as he sat down.

“I concur with Haor Chall that the claims of the Somaad mustn’t be left unconfirmed. By the same metric, however, we must also confirm the claims of the new Oclusia government in regards to their political situation. We must determine exactly how these regimes are and how they could impact META. Therefore, I motion that we not only vote on admissions, but also for agents of the Meterran Mission to investigate and evaluate the claims of Oclusia and the Somaad—should both agree to it.”

The delegate of Oclusia stood up and dusted off his suit once again. He sighed as he thought of what Demescia said. His placard was on his desk once again. "The delegation of the Byeloslavic State of the Osclusi Democratic Republic of a Greater Northwestern Meterra is willing to agree with any measures needed to prove that we have a change state. For this reason, the Byeloslavic State of the Osclusi Democratic Republic of a Greater Northwestern Meterra opens up its borders to any investigation that META deems fit," he said, "I yield the remainder of my time to the chair."

Kayode smiled: “Thank you. I’m glad that Oclusia is willing to cooperate with META in our mission. We have also received a communique from the Somaad that they are also willing to cooperate. So, along with a vote on all outstanding members, I would like for us to vote on a mission by the Mission to Oclusia and the Somaad—in order to further investigate their claims.

“Now, we will commence the vote!”

Code:
[FULL CONVENTIONAL NAME OF COUNTRY]

[i]…votes [b]<AYE/NAY>[/b] regarding the ADMISSION of VIVANCO as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes [b]<AYE/NAY>[/b] regarding the ADMISSION of KASCHOVIA as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes [b]<AYE/NAY>[/b] regarding the ADMISSION of PLEMBOBRIA as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes [b]<AYE/NAY>[/b] regarding the ADMISSION of DASNIA as a THIRD–PARTY MEMBER.
…votes [b]<AYE/NAY>[/b] regarding an official INVESTIGATION of the claims of OCLUSIA and the SOMAAD.[/i]

Last edited:
The City State of Irostima

Irostima votes <AYE> regarding the ADMISSION of VIVANCO as a FULL MEMBER.
Irostima votes <AYE> regarding the ADMISSION of KASCHOVIA as a FULL MEMBER.
Irostima votes <AYE> regarding the ADMISSION of PLEMBOBRIA as a FULL MEMBER.
Irostima votes <AYE> regarding the ADMISSION of DASNIA as a THIRD–PARTY MEMBER.
Irostima votes <AYE> regarding an official INVESTIGATION of the claims of OCLUSIA and the SOMAAD.

Last edited:
The Majestic Tweleve of Haor Chall

…votes AYE regarding the ADMISSION of VIVANCO as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes AYE regarding the ADMISSION of KASCHOVIA as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes AYE regarding the ADMISSION of PLEMBOBRIA as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes NAY regarding the ADMISSION of DASNIA as a THIRD–PARTY MEMBER.
…votes AYE regarding an official INVESTIGATION of the claims of OCLUSIA and the SOMAAD.

The Lancerian Empire

…votes AYE regarding the ADMISSION of DASNIA as a THIRD–PARTY MEMBER.
…votes AYE regarding an official INVESTIGATION of the claims of OCLUSIA and the SOMAAD.

The Kingdom of Ponterre

…votes <AYE> regarding the ADMISSION of VIVANCO as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes <AYE> regarding the ADMISSION of KASCHOVIA as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes <NAY> regarding the ADMISSION of PLEMBOBRIA as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes <NAY> regarding the ADMISSION of DASNIA as a THIRD–PARTY MEMBER.
…votes <AYE> regarding an official INVESTIGATION of the claims of OCLUSIA and the SOMAAD.

THE REPUBLIC OF MOUXORDIA

The Federal Commonwealth of Demescia

…votes <AYE> regarding the ADMISSION of VIVANCO as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes <AYE> regarding the ADMISSION of KASCHOVIA as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes <ABSTAIN> regarding the ADMISSION of PLEMBOBRIA as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes <ABSTAIN> regarding the ADMISSION of DASNIA as a THIRD–PARTY MEMBER.
…votes <AYE> regarding an official INVESTIGATION of the claims of OCLUSIA and the SOMAAD.

The Jewel of Guslantis

…votes ABSTAIN regarding the ADMISSION of VIVANCO as a FULL MEMBER.
…votes ABSTAIN regarding the ADMISSION of KASCHOVIA as a FULL MEMBER.

Back