Vice Delegate's Desk

Artemis:
What are your current thoughts to ways increase Security Council endorsement numbers? Is there specific goals that you want each SC Member to achieve in growth?
When SC members are specifically highlighted on the WFE and nations are encouraged to endorse them, we take a look at their list of nations who are not endorsing them and compare it to the other SC members, the VD and the Delegate. We reach out to those on that list who have shown they 1)do endorse and 2)perhaps endorsed the top 2 or the ones previously featured. We try to get the most likely to endorse to endorse the rest of the SC, but particularly the featured SC members. For good measure we can reach out to the entire list, but the ones more likely to listen should be a priority. I would also combo that outreach with posts on the RMB. These would be less likely to actually generate endorsements, but it would generate awareness and over time, perhaps develop a habit for newcomers to be encouraged to endorse SC members, and make SC members known the region at large.

I would like all SC members to have about 900 endorsements, as Deropia had set out as a goal back in May. When some of the less frequently active SC members slip or fall behind, I want those who are around more to pick up the slack. Our numbers are rather close right now so this is the best time to push a little more and keep us close to that goal.

Mr. Vice Delegate,

I am unsure currently of protocols regarding applications made to join the Security Council, but can you elaborate on the current statuses of the two applications to join the Security Council?

[quote uid=6187 name="Artemis" ]Mr. Vice Delegate,

I am unsure currently of protocols regarding applications made to join the Security Council, but can you elaborate on the current statuses of the two applications to join the Security Council? [/quote]Certainly. The Security Council has considered both applications, and has offered feedback to the applicants. One applicant has indicated their application will be withdrawn, and I am awaiting confirmation of such.

I'm going to try something I floated last term, and which I hope will encourage me (and dare I say, future Vice Delegates) to consistently monitor and keep track of SC member endorsements. Simply enough, I mean to record the endorsement counts and featured status of all the members of the SC, as well as the Delegate and Vice Delegate. I will do these rounds along with my citizenship checks periodically, but at least once a week.

Endorsement Check: 10/17/18 (post-major update)
Siwale: 1132
Pallaith: 981
McM: 872
GBM: 864
Sil: 833
Lore: 824
SillyString: 818
Bootsie: 804
Roman: 802
Gladio: 787

The featured SC members were Lore and Roman. Lore has been rotated out for Gladio.
The previous SC alert was for SillyString. The current SC alert is for Gladio.

Last edited:
Endorsement Check: 10/25/18 (post-major update)
Siwale: 1151 (+19 from last check)
Pallaith: 1001 (+20 from last check)
GBM: 869 (+5 from last check)
McM: 862 (-10 from last check)
Sil: 839 (+6 from last check)
Lore: 834 (+10 from last check)
Gladio: 826 (+39 from last check)
Roman: 812 (+10 from last check)
SillyString: 808 (-10 from last check)
Bootsie: 798 (-6 from last check)

The featured SC members were Roman and Gladio. Roman and Gladio have been rotated out for SillyString and Bootsie.
The current SC alert is for Gladio.

I like this.

Would you be able to note the total change in endorsements for SC members?
The answer is almost certainly yes, but what precisely did you mean by total change? A net figure aggregating all SC endorsement changes? Or an aggregate of each individual SC member’s endorsement changes collected from all the checks? Because I don’t think the first is very valuable, but the second would be and would also be very easy to do.

The answer is almost certainly yes, but what precisely did you mean by total change? A net figure aggregating all SC endorsement changes? Or an aggregate of each individual SC member’s endorsement changes collected from all the checks? Because I don’t think the first is very valuable, but the second would be and would also be very easy to do.

I was thinking the former. I thought it would be interesting to note whether overall, have the SC's endorsements levels increased or not during the period. The latter may be interesting as well.

Endorsement Check: 11/02/18 (post-major update)
Siwale: 1136 (-15 from last check) (+19 from original check)
Pallaith: 1000 (-1 from last check) (+19 from original check)
GBM: 867 (-2 from last check) (+3 from original check)
McM: 849 (-13 from last check) (-23 from original check)
Sil: 832 (-7 from last check) (-1 from original check)
Lore: 810 (-24 from last check) (-14 from original check)
Gladio: 807 (-19 from last check) (+20 from original check)
SillyString: 803 (-5 from last check) (-15 from original check)
Bootsie: 798 (+0 from last check) (-6 from original check)
Roman: 789 (-13 from last check) (-3 from original check)

The featured SC members were SillyString and Bootsie. SillyString has been rotated out for Roman.
The previous SC alert was for Gladio. The current SC alert is for Roman.

Here we clearly see the effects of Z-day and all the fluctuation in membership. I also employed a new form of endotarting TG where I pointed out the featured SC members. In the next round, when Z-day is further in the past, I hope I can observe whether that additional push yields additional endorsements for the featured SC members.

Endorsement Check: 11/10/18 (post-major update)
Siwale: 1149 (+13 from last check) (+17 from original check)
Pallaith: 1023 (+23 from last check) (+42 from original check)
GBM: 873 (+6 from last check) (+9 from original check)
McM: 848 (-1 from last check) (-24 from original check)
Lore: 839 (+29 from last check) (+15 from original check)
Sil: 832 (+0 from last check) (-1 from original check)
Roman: 820 (+31 from last check) (+18 from original check)
Bootsie: 805 (+7 from last check) (+1 from original check)
Gladio: 802 (-5 from last check) (+15 from original check)
SillyString: 800 (-3 from last check) (-18 from original check)

The featured SC members were Roman and Bootsie. Roman has been rotated out for SillyString.
The current SC alert is for Roman.

There was much improvement from the last check. It looks like endotarting and alerts have more of an impact than the features and the name dropping in my endotarting TG, though it's only been a bit more than a week since I tried employing that method.

Last edited:
Endorsement Check: 11/16/18 (post-major update)
Siwale: 1171 (+22 from last check) (+39 from original check)
Pallaith: 1031 (+8 from last check) (+50 from original check)
GBM: 877 (+4 from last check) (+13 from original check)
Sil: 861 (+29 from last check) (+28 from original check)
McM: 846 (-2 from last check) (-26 from original check)
Lore: 845 (+6 from last check) (+21 from original check)
Roman: 823 (+3 from last check) (+21 from original check)
Bootsie: 812 (+7 from last check) (+8 from original check)
SillyString: 805 (+5 from last check) (-13 from original check)
Gladio: 799 (-3 from last check) (+12 from original check)

The featured SC members were SillyString and Bootsie. Bootsie has been rotated out for Gladio.
The previous SC alert was for Roman. The current SC alert is for Gladio.

Overall, looking good, taking into consideration McM's trip and SillyString's schedule. The alerts seem to be keeping things going for the lower endorsed SC members. The second week the alert is active appears to have a clear drop, so I think I will try increasing the frequency to weekly. Gladio's last alert was a dispatch, so I have employed a TG for the second. Individual tarting efforts on the part of the SC still appear to be the most reliable method.

Endorsement Check: 11/23/18 (post-major update)
Siwale: 1173 (+2 from last check) (+41 from original check)
Pallaith: 1031 (+0 from last check) (+50 from original check)
GBM: 874 (-3 from last check) (+10 from original check)
Gladio: 857 (+58 from last check) (+70 from original check)
Sil: 849 (-12 from last check) (+16 from original check)
Lore: 840 (-5 from last check) (+16 from original check)
McM: 834 (-12 from last check) (-38 from original check)
Roman: 814 (-9 from last check) (+12 from original check)
SillyString: 809 (+4 from last check) (-9 from original check)
Bootsie: 804 (-8 from last check) (+0 from original check)

The featured SC members were SillyString and Gladio. Gladio has been rotated out for Bootsie.
The previous SC alert was for Gladio. The current SC alert is for Bootsie.

Clearly the TG alert was far and away the superior alert as it gave Gladio a massive boost. With this in mind I will be favoring those going forward, and will begin employing them on a weekly basis. Endotarting efforts were likely hampered by the deployment of the NPA, as pilers were utilized. The holiday also may have playd a role, and caused some slipping in endotarting efforts.

Endorsement Check: 11/30/18 (post-major update)
Siwale: 1174 (+1 from last check) (+42 from original check)
Pallaith: 1032 (+1 from last check) (+51 from original check)
GBM: 873 (-1 from last check) (+9 from original check)
Bootsie: 865 (+61 from last check) (+61 from original check)
Sil: 856 (+7 from last check) (+23 from original check)
Gladio: 846 (-11 from last check) (+59 from original check)
Lore: 842 (+2 from last check) (+18 from original check)
McM: 830 (-4 from last check) (-42 from original check)
SillyString: 805 (-4 from last check) (-13 from original check)
Roman: 802 (-12 from last check) (+0 from original check)

The featured SC members were SillyString and Bootsie. Bootsie has been rotated out for Roman.
The previous SC alert was for Bootsie. The current SC alert is for McM.

We continue to see big returns from TG alerts. There's also a pattern with the same few SC members being repeatedly featured. I will continue to have the WFE feature focus on the SC members in most need, but will try an alert for some of the SC members with less alert traffic. Due to the proximity of WADP, this alert will be a dispatch.

Last edited:
Endorsement Check: 12/06/18 (post-major update)
Siwale: 1186 (+12 from last check) (+54 from original check)
Pallaith: 1043 (+11 from last check) (+62 from original check)
McM: 916 (+86 from last check) (+44 from original check)
GBM: 884 (+11 from last check) (+20 from original check)
Bootsie: 862 (-3 from last check) (+58 from original check)
Sil: 853 (-3 from last check) (+20 from original check)
Lore: 846 (+4 from last check) (+22 from original check)
Gladio: 839 (-7 from last check) (+52 from original check)
SillyString: 807 (+2 from last check) (-11 from original check)
Roman: 806 (+4 from last check) (+4 from original check)

The featured SC members are SillyString and Roman.
The previous SC alert was for McM. The current SC alert is for Lore.

The WFE features appear to maintained more or less status quo for the SC members at the bottom of the rankings. McM's alert combined with his tarting efforts yielded the biggest one-week endorsement boost we've seen since I started keeping track. Overall it was a good week for all of us, even Gladio's drop was better than last week, something i attribute to the release of WADP. It hasn't been that long since Gladio's last alert, however, so in bringing attention to those SC members who haven't had alerts in a while, I'm scheduling Lore for this week. With the WADP anniversary release, this will also be a dispatch alert.

Endorsement Check: 12/13/18 (post-major update)
Siwale: 1184 (-2 from last check) (+52 from original check)
Pallaith: 1042 (-1 from last check) (+61 from original check)
McM: 926 (+10 from last check) (+54 from original check)
GBM: 883 (-1 from last check) (+19 from original check)
Bootsie: 861 (-1 from last check) (+57 from original check)
Sil: 860 (+7 from last check) (+27 from original check)
Lore: 860 (+14 from last check) (+36 from original check)
Gladio: 852 (+13 from last check) (+65 from original check)
Roman: 806 (+0 from last check) (+4 from original check)
SillyString: 797 (-10 from last check) (-21 from original check)

The featured SC members are SillyString and Roman (in my endotarting telegram anyway, the WFE is not singling anyone out during this event).
The previous SC alert was for Lore. The current SC alert is for SillyString.

The ongoing endotarting event is clearly giving a boost to everyone, plus the SC members' endotarting is also bearing fruit. With the telegrams being sent out periodically, I will employ another dispatch alert. It was easy to pick the subject this week.

Endorsement Check: 12/20/18 (post-major update)
Siwale: 1182 (-2 from last check) (+50 from original check)
Pallaith: 1045 (+3 from last check) (+64 from original check)
McM: 917 (-9 from last check) (+45 from original check)
GBM: 879 (-4 from last check) (+15 from original check)
Gladio: 860 (+8 from last check) (+73 from original check)
Sil: 858 (-2 from last check) (+25 from original check)
Bootsie: 857 (-4 from last check) (+53 from original check)
Lore: 849 (-11 from last check) (+25 from original check)
SillyString: 818 (+21 from last check) (+0 from original check)
Roman: 802 (-4 from last check) (+0 from original check)

The featured SC members are SillyString and Roman (in my endotarting telegram anyway, the WFE is not singling anyone out during this event).
The previous SC alert was for SillyString. The current SC alert is for Roman.

I was a little surprised, what with the endotarting event, to see many SC members lose endorsements compared to last week. There were a few who really stepped up to the plate though. I'm not sure what's going on with the status of our newest SC member, so for this check he was not included. He will be an obvious shoe-in for the alert next week though.

Endorsement Check: 12/27/18 (pre-major update)
Siwale: 1187 (+5 from last check) (+55 from original check)
Pallaith: 1046 (+1 from last check) (+65 from original check)
McM: 915 (-2 from last check) (+43 from original check)
GBM: 879 (+0 from last check) (+15 from original check)
Gladio: 864 (+4 from last check) (+77 from original check)
Sil: 855 (-3 from last check) (+22 from original check)
Bootsie: 851 (-6 from last check) (+47 from original check)
Lore: 846 (-3 from last check) (+22 from original check)
SillyString: 832 (+14 from last check) (+14 from original check)
Roman: 801 (-1 from last check) (-1 from original check)
Artemis: 698

The featured SC members were SillyString and Roman (in my endotarting telegram anyway, the WFE did not single anyone out during the endotarting event). SillyString has been rotated out for Artemis.
The previous SC alert was for Roman. The current SC alert is for Artemis.

Holding steady, and better than last week, though the endotarting event seems to have benefited non-SC members more than us, probably not a surprise given how hard it is to get to these levels. This week is the first featuring our newest SC member. It will take a bit longer for his numbers to get up to where the others are, but it's a solid place. Artemis was not on the original check that tracks net progress in endorsements. I have decided that this will be a check done at the start of a term and therefore will be reset when the new term begins. At least, that is how I would do it if I continued to serve as Vice Delegate, though it is my hope future Vice Delegates will adopt this system. In any case, Artemis will be tracked with weekly checks with no net gain/loss until the term ends.

Just one last note, this week's check unfortunately will be a pre-update check, as I won't be able to track these endorsements tonight after update hits the region. I may edit this post later to show those numbers, depending on how it goes.

Endorsement Check: 1/3/19 (post-major update)
Siwale: 1179 (-8 from last check) (+47 from original check)
Pallaith: 1042 (-4 from last check) (+61 from original check)
McM: 906 (-9 from last check) (+34 from original check)
GBM: 874 (-5 from last check) (+10 from original check)
Gladio: 860 (-4 from last check) (+73 from original check)
Sil: 845 (-10 from last check) (+12 from original check)
Lore: 843 (-3 from last check) (+19 from original check)
Bootsie: 839 (-12 from last check) (+35 from original check)
SillyString: 822 (-10 from last check) (+4 from original check)
Roman: 794 (-7 from last check) (-8 from original check)
Artemis: 732 (+34 from last check)

The featured SC members are Artemis and Roman (in my endotarting telegram anyway, the WFE no longer features specific SC members).
The previous SC alert was for Artemis. The current SC alert is for Artemis, but is a telegram alert.

Well no one did that well this week, hard to say though how much of that was a result of last week's check being done before update, but at least most of the losses are relatively minimal. Artemis showed solid growth and is catching up to Roman. We're looking at probably one more check left in the term, and then the next Vice Delegate will carry the torch. Depending on how things go, we may or may not have one more SC member to start tracking on the next check.

vd_seal.png

Final Endorsement Check and Closing Address

January 10, 2019

Endorsement Check: 1/10/19 (post-major update)
Siwale: 1181 (+2 from last check) (+49 from original check)
Pallaith: 1041 (-1 from last check) (+60 from original check)
McM: 897 (-9 from last check) (+25 from original check)
GBM: 873 (-1 from last check) (+9 from original check)
Gladio: 852 (-8 from last check) (+65 from original check)
Lore: 839 (-4 from last check) (+15 from original check)
Sil: 836 (-9 from last check) (+3 from original check)
Bootsie: 830 (-9 from last check) (+26 from original check)
SillyString: 828 (+6 from last check) (+10 from original check)
Roman: 790 (-4 from last check) (-12 from original check)
Artemis: 760 (+28 from last check)

The featured SC members are Artemis and Roman (in my endotarting telegram anyway, the WFE no longer features specific SC members).
The previous SC alert was for Artemis.

Could be the election, could be just a bumpy week, but we didn't see too many bright spots this week. Artemis continues to pick up endorsements at a decent pace, and declines seemed to be about the same as last week. Given that transitions will be taking place in a matter of days, I have elected not to engage in an alert or endotarting run for this week. All endotarting alerts and messages will be geared toward the new Delegate and Vice Delegate once they are confirmed, I do not want to confuse or overburden the region with communication about endorsements.

Obviously this is my last endorsement check of the term. I hope the next Vice Delegate will continue and develop them further. It is also the last check to feature McM, who resigned from the SC this evening. We wish him well and thank him for his service. I enjoyed working alongside him on the SC, and as VD. I would like to thank the other SC members for their exemplary service as well during this term. We will soon be joined by another old SC member who is coming back to us just as another old experienced hand departs, in the form of Nessuno. In the next week we may also see COE join our ranks. This is the largest the SC has been in a while, and I hope portends a period of renewal and greater activity from what can be a sleepy body. Our work is important, but happens largely outside of the public eye. We watch, we take note, and we endotart, day in day out. It may be that nothing happens, but in our line of work, that is a good thing, and what we want to see. Nevertheless, we made an effort to innovate, to do our jobs better, to make our position of strength even stronger, so the region is only ever more secure than it was the term before. I believe in the work we did and appreciate the part that all of you played in it.

I encourage you to keep up those efforts and take them to the next level. We are entering a period in TNP where the light is shining brighter than ever on us, and even the Security Council must step into that light. We are part of this community, and we have taken greater strides in the last term to be known by our fellow TNPers. Right now it was as names on a list, to gather more endorsements. Next time, I hope it is as fellow players and neighbors who can be part of the regular game experience. Newcomers to the council have much to learn about our ways, but older members of the council have just as much to learn from the newcomers. I hope that we all, myself included, take that to heart in the months ahead. It will be my continued honor to serve with the rest of you, though no longer as the chair. That honor will shortly belong to another, and I wish him well in that endeavor.

To TNP at large, I thank everyone who continues to actively exchange endorsements and dedicate themselves to making the region safer by taking care to endorse the SC and the Delegate. This is an amazing setup we have even before taking into account the various tools that we employ. It can sometimes feel like a lot, but this community takes it in stride and grants us a great deal of patience. Thank you for doing that. I hope you continue to have as much fun as you possibly can with such a simple and sometimes mundane activity, and that you continue to communicate with us, letting us know what we can do better, what you like, and whatever information it is that we can make clearer for you. To those who believe in the work and want to do more, or to join our ranks, never forget that the Security Council is neither a retirement home for giants or a parallel track apart from the community. It is a body of dedicated members of this community who have paid their dues and proven themselves in other parts of the community. It is a position of trust, and trust must be earned, no matter how well-meaning you are. I invite anyone interested in doing this work to consult the Security Council application thread, and see what our advice is for prospective applicants. Whether you join us one day or just participate in the great endotarting web we have going on here, I hope to see you around, shining your own unique light for the rest of us to see.

This is a great closing statement. Thank you for your service as our Vice Delegate Pall. You did great as VD and would like to see you return is possible. :)

Wonderful statement. Thank you for your work as VD and SC, and I honestly wish you a great term as Delegate

Thank you for your work as VD, it has been a pleasure working with you as VD past couple weeks! Looking forward to what happens next.

vd_seal.png

First Update (and Endorsement Check)

Greetings all, and welcome a new term! For our weekly endorsement checks, I want to move them to Sunday since that's when I have the most time to go through the numbers. With it brings a new format, and I apologize if it troubles you that it's an image. I could convert it into a BBcode table if people really want, but I think you'll appreciate how easy it is to do things a proper spreadsheet program. Anyways, here you go, a snapshot of the past 3 days:

juWibKk.png

So, let me walk you through the new stuff. "Received" is the check as usual but now it includes a percentage of WAs. The percentage is something I'm going to be keeping a close eye on as the term progresses to see if there's progress in that department, which will factor in spikes and lulls in overall NS activity. The "Last" column is a +/- from the last check, this one being from Pallaith's closing address. "Term" is across my whole term, which starts with this check, so everyone's a 0. (I will reset my own "Term" total when I've taken 2nd place in the endorsement counts.) "Sent" is the number of endorsements SCers have given to other nations in the region, and it also includes a percentage of WAs. This is all based on r3n's scripts that generate the WADP totals. Finally, I've added our Influence levels.

Looking at the influence levels, it all seems normal. GBM is still recovering from the Mama Bear incident but otherwise things are looking good. The influence of our newest SCers will grow as they gain endorsements, so no concerns there.

We do have a couple nations above the warning threshold as defined in LC 5.4 Clause 22d, and a few above the VD minimum (LC 5.4 Clause 23), but we are in the middle of a transition. The nations in question also did not exceed the VD minimum while Siwale was Delegate, so it would be unfair to act upon those clauses during the transition. This will likely resolve itself when Pallaith becomes the official WAD, but it's something to keep an eye on. As long as those in question allow their counts to atrophy, or Pallaith's endorsement counts reach Siwale's levels, they should be fine.

Anyways, I look forward to working with you all over this term! SCers, keep that "Sent" count high, and be ready for the next update next Sunday!

-Sil

Edit: Oh, almost forgot. Since the counts were taken I sent a bunch of endotarting messages out. I featured Sundred and Territorio di Nessuno in those messages.

Last edited:
I had not realized my endorsement levels were so high relative to the warning threshold. I should have taken the delegate transition into account. As a nation currently in violation of the reckless endorsement limit, I will cease endorsements until after the delegate transition is complete.

I had not realized me endorsement levels were so high relative to the warning threshold. I should have taken the delegate transition into account. As a nation currently in violation of the reckless endorsement limit, I will cease endorsements until after the delegate transition is complete.

Keep in mind that you were fine while Siwale was Delegate. Those numbers are based on Pallaith's numbers right now and will only grow from here. Plus that number only covers the fourth criteria in Clause 22. There's more to it than just that number.

Keep in mind that you were fine while Siwale was Delegate. Those numbers are based on Pallaith's numbers right now and will only grow from here.
Yeah, I thought the threshold was in the neighborhood of 825, 830. Something like that.

I too did not realise I was so deep in the 'Danger Zone'.

I agree with Fiji's approximate figures as was, under Siwale's Delegacy.

I will only endorse those that endorse me first and only endorse those that are Keepers of The North until after the Delegate transition is complete.

I will naturally comply with instruction from the SC.

That chart is useful - it's good to know where the limits are.

Looking at the influence levels, it all seems normal. GBM is still recovering from the Mama Bear incident but otherwise things are looking good. The influence of our newest SCers will grow as they gain endorsements, so no concerns there.

I wondered what had caused GBM's Influence to fall so sharply.

Didn't know about the incident, are any details available about it?

The Z-Day stuff is a nice little way of disturbing the balance of power in terms of 'influence' Delegates have. The quirky little 'game' activity is actually designed to weaken sitting Delegates. :ermm::shifty:

vd_seal.png

Weekly Update
January 20, 2019

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday! You know what that means! A new endorsement check!
MBdZORK.png

Oh dear, that's a lot of red. It reminds me of a manager I had while I was working in fast food, and they associated red numbers on our drive-thru service time clock with blood and death. Red meant we were too slow and hurting the business.

But, all hope is not lost. We're still somewhat in the transition phase. Our focus has been to expand the gap between delegate and not-delegate and we are indeed making progress. With Pallaith gaining a significant number of endorsements this week, the VD minimum also goes up by a lot, meaning more endorsements and less worries for everyone else!

Also, a big welcome to @Crushing Our Enemies as our newest Security Councillor! If you haven't already endorsed General COE, make sure you do so!

Thanks for reading, keep those sent counts high, and I'll see you next time!

-Sil
Bwoah... forgot... Endorsement Alert Dispatch and Telegram sent out for Pallaith, followed by a Dispatch for myself. Featured SCer in my tarting TGs has been Pallaith, because we need to build that gap.

Last edited:
There's one thing I wish I had, and that's the ability to look at who's endorsing someone and active or who's not endorsing someone and active. Knowing "Last Login" data would help me predict how the charts would look down the road.

There is the old fashioned, but very time consuming way, and that is checking the individual nations National Happenings or maybe ask the_northern_light. He, or some admins, monitors the Keepers of The North for activity - they may have some 'easy' way of doing that. I keep databases and he has have been very helpful to me :)

Back