PotatoFarmers
Discord
Freg#0420
sc.jpg

Commend Nephara
Category: Commendation | Target: Nephara
Proposed by: Tinhampton | Onsite Topic

THE SECURITY COUNCIL:

COGNIZANT that, although thousands of nations have competed in the past 89 editions of the World Cup (the multiverse's oldest and greatest football competition), few get to reach football's pinnacle, and even fewer do so as rapidly and effectively as Nephara, known prior to the 69th World Cup as New Sideburn;

IMPRESSED by what the Cormorants, as Nephara's national football team has always been affectionately known, have achieved with their renowned brand of pace-focused, physical and pressing-oriented football, most notably being:
  • one of only four nations to win the much-coveted "Triple Crown" of World Cup Committee (WCC)-run tournaments: the 51st Baptism of Fire, the 61st Cup of Harmony, and ultimately the 74th and 87th World Cups;
  • winners of Rushmore's regional football tournament, the Copa Rushmori, four times (including on each of the past three occasions), more than any other nation except Pasarga (4) and Polar Islandstates (5); and
  • able to boast of winning five Campionati Esportiva (Esportiva's regional football tournament) - a figure matched only by their old colony of Brenecia, which also won the 80th World Cup;

RECOGNISING the Nepharan football league pyramid as one of the most organised, well-documented, and renowned such systems in the world, as well as one which has historically proven itself successful on the international stage; its clubs won two Champions' Cups, three Globe Cups, and a Youth Cup when those competitions were still run by the UICA (not to mention AFC Treason's youth team winning the Rising Stars Cup in the modern IFCF era twice, including a famous 0-0 win on away goals in the inaugural final);

APPRECIATING the international outreach efforts of Nephara's football association: both in helping to educate new or otherwise confused FAs about how to set up, maintain, and present their own national football leagues; as well as in organising an exchange where clubs in all football-playing nations can buy and sell players (at a sensible price, of course);

AWARE that, like all great sporting nations, Nepharan influence and values stretch far beyond the trophy cabinet; for example:
  • Markus Rensenbrink has put in major commitment to serve in the two greatest roles of responsibility in international football, firstly as Vice-President and then, for one cycle, President of the WCC;
  • The late, great Gethin Ramsey - whose daughter Triffid now manages the Cormorants - not only won the Baptism of Fire with his homeland but also led three countries (Nephara, Cosumar and the Licentian Isles) to the World Cup proper, the only manager in history to do so;
  • The nation also overcame a lack of dedicated rugby stadia, plus flooding that devastated the city of Brinemouth and brought significant political tensions, to solely host the 13th Rugby League World Cup and its 40 participants;
  • Nepharim sports publication KarlingSport oversaw the announcement of the list of Galacticos, a totally non-arbitrary list of the multiverse's best and brightest footballers in any given season, for five cycles of international football (the last two UICA and first three IFCF cycles), before compatriots and energy drink bottlers First Wind took over in time for IFCF 4; and
  • The work of the Herald (previously called the Brinemouth Herald) must also be applauded for bringing the Cormorants to the attention of the wider world through a skilful journalistic combination of match reports, expert post-mortem analysis, and even the occasional dedicated article about Nepharan politics;

EMPHASISING the significance of Nephara's work during April 2017's nuclear apocalypse in helping the International Geese Brigades (IGB) become the world's third-most successful faction (and the only top-ten faction not to have been irradiated at all), especially considering their position as the IGB's Morale Officer and their participation in the final attack that brought the IGB's rank from eighth to third; and

BELIEVING that the international sporting community has never quite had it so good in large part thanks to the influence of Nephara - consistent, timely, occasionally sharp but never unappreciated:

HEREBY COMMENDS Nephara.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

For AgainstAbstainPresent
"Commend Nephara" has passed 12,003 votes (89.1%) to 1,469 (10.9%).

Last edited by a moderator:
IFV

Overview
This resolution seeks to commend Nephara for their achievements and contributions in the Nationstates Sports (NSS) community. Specifically, the resolution looks into how Nephara has influenced the sporting community from various angles, especially in the football realm.

Recommendation
As highlighted in the proposal, the nominee has made many contributions to the NSS community, especially in football. For many aiming to setup their domestic leagues, Nephara has provided a guide of their own on the organisation of such a league; and the Nepharim football pyramid is seen as a role model for many aspiring nations. They have also stepped up to take on demanding tasks on various occassions, such as the publication of the Galacticos, which collates the top football talents from around the multiverse; as well as being the caretaker of the domestic transfer window, facilitating the movement of players across various leagues and clubs.

For the above reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For the Security Council resolution at-vote: "Commend Nephara".

Our Voting Recommendation Dispatch--Please Upvote!

Last edited by a moderator:
For. You can tell how excited I am for this particular commendation when I opened this thread on my own. (first time I opened a thread in months?) For all the RP commendations the Security Council has, the NS Sports community has largely been ignored, with Audioslavia, Vilita & Turori, Kelssek, Valanora all only getting their commends in the past year. The commendation states it all. Although they have pretty much been an one-sport user/nation, their impact on the sports has been fantastic, including their RP style; historical records in the football tournaments; the elite level status of the Nepharim football pyramid (with the Nepharim Premiership, now known as the Zenith, being one of the top football leagues players aim for); their work on the Galacticos (the RL equivalent will be the Best FIFA Football Awards); creating a guide for new domestic leagues; as well as being the caretaker for the transfer window. With such a huge influence on football, Nephara deserves their commendation.

As I noted in the voting thread, I think it's nice to see a resurgence in unorthodox nominees. They've certainly done more than enough to be commendable in my book, even if I don't particularly care for the author.

For [Non-WA].

Present. I am not in NSsports so I'd defer to those in the know.
"Fregerson" - who offered a detailed explanation of his support earlier in this thread - is also known as PotatoFarmers/Poafmersia, a trusted member of the NSS community.

The author of this proposal won the 73rd Cup of Harmony, and recently competed in the World Cup Qualifiers under the nation of Saint Eleanor.

I am For this, though in future I'd very much like Commendation authors to link supporting evidence, especially if its for a lesser known player or community.

Reactions: Loh
I'm not overly familiar with that part of NS (apart from Audioslavia and their commend; I also know that Todd used to RP a lot in NS Sports), but taking into account what other folks posted here, I can gladly support this.

For

Last edited:
As I noted in the voting thread, I think it's nice to see a resurgence in unorthodox nominees. They've certainly done more than enough to be commendable in my book, even if I don't particularly care for the author.

For [Non-WA].

I wish this wouldn't be considered an "unorthodox" nominee, that right there shows the problem.

Anyway, grumble grumble.

For

I wish this wouldn't be considered an "unorthodox" nominee, that right there shows the problem.

Anyway, grumble grumble.

For
I agree but it's just the way things work in the SC

This proposal has received the requisite approvals to enter the formal queue. Barring it being withdrawn or marked illegal, it will proceed to a vote at Major Update.

"Fregerson" - who offered a detailed explanation of his support earlier in this thread - is also known as PotatoFarmers/Poafmersia, a trusted member of the NSS community.

The author of this proposal won the 73rd Cup of Harmony, and recently competed in the World Cup Qualifiers under the nation of Saint Eleanor.
Ok, if what Fregerson explained is considered an achievement (I simply don't know since I don't follow NS Sports) then For.

Last edited:

I never followed NS Sports closely but I assume winning the Cup of Harmony is a major achievement, so congratulations.

"Commend Nephara" has passed 12,003 votes (89.1%) to 1,469 (10.9%). This is author @Tinhampton 's 4th authored Security Council Resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back