The North Pacific Today Master Thread (Discontinued)

Who do you think you'll vote for as Speaker?

• Oracle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fregerson

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Skaraborg

• Nubt II

• Bobberino

• Abstain

• Yes

• THIS POLL HAS BEEN CLOSED AND IS NO LONGER ANSWERABLE!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who is in The North Pacific Today's Executive Council? I'd like to know who's voting on these things behind the scenes.
It's not really a official council. It's more like me, the Vice-Editor, and some RMB suggestions, along with asking some experienced TNPers on who the would pick. While of course, looking for influential RMB posters, and people making influential changes, or being a good model, here on the forums.

It's not really a official council. It's more like me, the Vice-Editor, and some RMB suggestions, along with asking some experienced TNPers on who the would pick. While of course, looking for influential RMB posters, and people making influential changes, or being a good model, here on the forums.
So you haven't yet chosen who will be voting on this? You also said the Executive Council voted to remove French Austria as Vice Editor and disband TNPBC. Who voted in those?

So you haven't yet chosen who will be voting on this? You also said the Executive Council voted to remove French Austria as Vice Editor and disband TNPBC. Who voted in those?
As I said before, I have, and provided examples. And French Austria was removed a couple days ago, and now I just appointed Peylikz, who is a long friend of mine, a good articles writer, who I convinced to make a nation on NS. He is currently serving as the new Vice-Editor. And me, with some advice, decided to remove French Austria. While the TNPBC decision was made solely by me, because despite the lack of support, I thought it would take too much time and effort and decided to save it for later, while technical difficulties, forced me to.

As I said before, I have, and provided examples. And French Austria was removed a couple days ago, and now I just appointed Peylikz, who is a long friend of mine, a good articles writer, who I convinced to make a nation on NS. He is currently serving as the new Vice-Editor. And me, with some advice, decided to remove French Austria. While the TNPBC decision was made solely by me, because despite the lack of support, I thought it would take too much time and effort and decided to save it for later, while technical difficulties, forced me to.
You said you provided examples but I don't see you naming anyone except yourself and Vice Editor Peylikz. Also, you've completely changed your story on removing French Austria and disbanding TNPBC from "it was a vote by the executive council" to "I made the decision with some advice".

The North Pacific Today Person of The Week Award: RESULTS
Summary: @Gorundu is picked, @Tringapore is picked, and @Marcus Antonius is picked.

@Gorundu:
Gorundu has always certainly been someone to keep an eye out for, that's for sure. The rising-star politician, is bursting through the ranks, and is a likely contender for many high-office positions. Besides this, Gorundu was just appointed Election Commissioner days ago, by Delegate MadJack. His appointment to the office received little or no resistance besides Bobberino's comment below:

Do you have a plan to deal with @Gorundu's known body odor issue?
Apart from this, Gorundu just authored the Election Law Fix, a document which could be very influential in changing the Election Law's wording. We wish good luck for Gorundu's bill, and congratulate him on his win!

@Tringapore:
Apart from being one of, if not the coolest person in all of TNP. Tringapore is a very friendly person, who participates in various ministries, and is a big advocate for most of them. Besides that, Tringapore's friendly spirit won the heart's of many new-comers, who settled in TNP, learned the rules, and rose high in the ranks because of him. I was one of these people. Tringapore is a very accomplished, and beloved symbol of TNP, we wish him good luck, a congrats, and a wish to continue his fabulous work!

Ethnon (@Marcus Antonius):
Ethnon, or Marcus, as many know him. Is arguably the aviation King of TNP. This member has commited himself to serving his region, as being a member of the Security Council. Besides this, Marcus is widely liked by the masses, and is one of TNP's most popular/richest cards entrepreneurs. He is also author of the incredibly popular "Cardiff International Airport Update" which hundreds view weekly. Apart from all of this, his friendliness and welcoming nature is appealing to many TNPers. Ethnon is truly what you would call a model TNPer.

Thank you for reading, and congratulations to all the winners! And who knows? YOU could be the next TNPer of the week!

Winners may pick up their certificates below:

@Gorundu's Certificate:

asher_corporations_inc__212179.png

@Tringapore's Certificate:

asher_corporations_inc__673000.png

@Marcus Antonius (Ethnon)'s Certificate:

asher_corporations_inc__555795.png

SPECIAL THANKS TO @Gorundu, @Tringapore, @Sanjurika, and @Sir Kasto FOR LIKING AND INTERACTING ON OUR THREADS! THANK YOU!

Last edited:
You said you provided examples but I don't see you naming anyone except yourself and Vice Editor Peylikz. Also, you've completely changed your story on removing French Austria and disbanding TNPBC from "it was a vote by the executive council" to "I made the decision with some advice".
I just badly worded my decision. No change of story was made. I also named some advice I take from high-rank officials, and ordinary people on the RMB. Is there anything wrong with that?

I just badly worded my decision. No change of story was made. I also named some advice I take from high-rank officials, and ordinary people on the RMB. Is there anything wrong with that?
Why can't you name them? There's no public accountability if we don't know who they are.

Why can't you name them? There's no public accountability if we don't know who they are.
List of Executives / Executive Council of The North Pacific Today:
@Nubt II of Mortipal / CEO, Chairman, Head Editor, and Founder
Peylikz / Vice-Editor, COO, Chief Human Resources Officer
AC Inc. / Head Secretariat, CFO
Cnpr / Head Manager, Chief Administrative Officer
Heck Land / Deputy Head Manager, Chief Information, Technology, and Marketing Officer

Thank you for the information. However, I have found that Cnpr and Heck Land are not even in The North Pacific, while there is no nation by the name of AC Inc. Peylikz is in The North Pacific but has not posted on the RMB or have a forum account as far as I can see. They are clearly not "high-rank officials" or even "ordinary people on the RMB".

Also, regarding your description of myself in the award, I have served in ministerial and elected government positions previously, so I think the characterization of myself as a "rising-star" politician is inaccurate.

Last edited:
Thank you for the information. However, I have found that Cnpr and Heck Land are not even in The North Pacific, while there is no nation by the name of AC Inc. Peylikz is in The North Pacific but has not posted on the RMB or have a forum account as far as I can see. They are clearly not "high-rank officials" or even "ordinary people on the RMB".

Also, regarding your description of myself in the award, I have served in ministerial and elected government positions previously, so I think the characterization of myself as a "rising-star" politician is inaccurate.
You are a rising-star in my eyes

Gorundu is a rising star, I always said he’d make the election commission. Ask anyone, believe me, I’ve said that many times - more than anyone. Many others said that it would never happen, and they’ve been completely wrong. I wrote a book about it. Great guy that Gorundu, and believe me I know a lot of great guys. He’s one of the greatest.

@Tringapore:
Apart from being one of, if not the coolest person in all of TNP. Tringapore is a very friendly person, who participates in various ministries, and is a big advocate for most of them. Besides that, Tringapore's friendly spirit won the heart's of many new-comers, who settled in TNP, learned the rules, and rose high in the ranks because of him. I was one of these people. Tringapore is a very accomplished, and beloved symbol of TNP, we wish him good luck, a congrats, and a wish to continue his fabulous work!
LOL, you're too kind, haha! :)

I barely convinced them to join NS, anyways. They're barely active on it. However, AC Inc. is short for Asher Corporations Inc. I agree, and I think the description would sound better if I said growing politician, or expereinced, but still rising politician. Just another example of my bad wording skills ( :bigdoh: ). I'm still learning to be a reporter after all!
LOL, you're too kind, haha! :)
Same to you. Me, along with hundreds of others probably got used to TNP's fun, friendly, welcoming spirit mainly because of your welcoming, good advice, and instructions to newcomers. Thanks!
one time, my house set fire and gorundu literally risked his life to save me, it's true i was there
I almost cried (:cry:). Seriously. I'll add this story in the soon-coming Issue 1-Q.
Gorundu is a rising star, I always said he’d make the election commission. Ask anyone, believe me, I’ve said that many times - more than anyone. Many others said that it would never happen, and they’ve been completely wrong. I wrote a book about it. Great guy that Gorundu, and believe me I know a lot of great guys. He’s one of the greatest.
I've secretly been spying on your old messages for a while (apologies, reporters nosiness/instincts, LOL), yes, I have seem to notice your good predictions on his future. Between you and me, provided MadJack doesn't run for a second term, his only competitor for the Delegacy would be Sir Kasto. I'd strongly encourage him to run next term, provided MadJack doesn't run. Although I'd be dissapointed if the result of that race would immitate the Robespierre v. Nimarya race, where high-rank official's (including you, as a Outgoing Delegate, back then) support for Nimarya didn't stop Robes from winning.
You are a rising-star in my eyes
Same here. LOL.

I've secretly been spying on your old messages for a while (apologies, reporters nosiness/instincts, LOL), yes, I have seem to notice your good predictions on his future. Between you and me, provided MadJack doesn't run for a second term, his only competitor for the Delegacy would be Sir Kasto. I'd strongly encourage him to run next term, provided MadJack doesn't run. Although I'd be dissapointed if the result of that race would immitate the Robespierre v. Nimarya race, where high-rank official's (including you, as a Outgoing Delegate, back then) support for Nimarya didn't stop Robes from winning.

You should put some of this entertaining content in your actual publications. Well done.

The North Pacific Today

"Proudly TNP's Largest, Most Viewed Media Outlet"
HEAD EDITOR: @Nubt II
VICE-EDITOR: Peylikz
TNP'S #1 News - Bringing News Coverage to TNP Since 2017
"Connecting TNP to NS, and NS to TNP"

SPECIAL ARTICLE ISSUE
ISSUE 1-Q
10/8/2021

Is Gorundu Running For Delegate? Would He Win?

(PREDICTIONS / RHETORICAL INTERVIEW / TNP / NEWS) 3:13 EST, The Election Commission Building, Magicality City, The North Pacific. On a suggestion from Justice @Pallaith (Thanks!), Head-Editor Nubt II ordered a special article to be conducted on the topic above. So, everybody can tell that Gorundu has been quickly rising the past few months, despite his already-expereince. First as Minister, Deputy, Speaker, etc.; and now as Election Commissioner (as appointed by Delegate MadJack). So... waht comes next for the experienced, but still rising star? Our political analysts here at The North Pacific Today are split on what comes next. Is he running for Delegate? That's a question better left unanswered, however, provided he does, Gorundu has a very big chance. "If MadJack isn't running, then Sir Kasto is really his (Gorundu's) only competitor". This is because, Sir Kasto, has already shown interest at a Delegacy run next term, as proved by The North Pacific Today's recent interview. So, the question is, who would win? Well, a big hit for his expectations was in the recent May General Elections where Nimarya, who was supported by the majority of high-rank officials--including then Outgoing-Delegate McMasterdonia--while Robespierre, left his fate with the masses. The result was a shock. Robespierre won in a slim margin, as listed below:
May 2021 General Election Results (Delegate):
Robespierre: 59 Votes (51.30%)
Nimarya: 53 Votes (46.30%)
2 And 2 Is Fish: 3 Votes (2.61%)
Even further
disappointing results came with the recent September General Elections Results where MadJack, who was the underdog, and less supported by high-rank officials, soundly defeated the more high-rank supported Dreadton, in another Robespierre v. Nimarya imitation, as listed below:
September 2021 General Election Results (Delegate):
MadJack: 51 Votes (57.30%)
Dreadton: 34 Votes (38.20%)
MTDemocracy: 3 Votes (3.37%)
Comfed: 1 Vote (1.12%)

So, these elections certainly prove that high-rank support, endorsement, or backing, does not ensure the results; especially after the last two general elections. However, I'd like to quote Mark Twain, who said, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it rhymes.". In this case meaning, that previous outcomes may not be the same, but they might be similar. We at The North Pacific Today, conducted, for your pleasure, a EPEP (Early Predictionary Election Poll), on an Sir Kasto v. Gorundu possibility. An EPEP counts it's results based on a individual basis, and uses their prior votes to, if any, to predict a result. Here were the results:
January 2022 General Elections EPEP (Delegate)
Gorundu: 45 Votes (50.56%)
Sir Kasto: 37 Votes (41.57%)
Abstain: 7 Votes (7.86%)
So, this outcome is radically different than the previous two elections. However, these results aren't very accurate, because votes change, people leave, and new (potential voters) immigrants come in. So for now, all we can do is wait. This is The North Pacific Today, reporting from The Election Commission Building, Magicality City, The North Pacific.

The North Pacific Today is Now Hiring! We Are Also Looking For Contributers & Volunteers!

The North Pacific Today is now hiring! If you have any news you think should be on our papers, our want to be a contributer, sponsor, correspondent be sure to send it to Head Editor Nubt II via conversation (NS TG's will not be accepted). Thanks!

BE SURE TO PARTICIPATE ON OUR THREAD! SPECIAL THANKS TO @Sir Kasto, @Tringapore, @Katuda, @Monkemafiatopia, @Gorundu, @Sanjurika, @Marcus Antonius, @Pallaith, @mcmasterdonia, @Dreadton, AND @Comfed FOR LIKING AND INTERACTING ON OUR THREADS!

Last edited:
How was the Early Predictionary Election Poll conducted? How many responses were there?
Conducting an EPEP is pretty simple. I stored the names of every single person who voted in the September General Elections, and used their votes in that election (and previous ones, if they are older members) to predict on who they might vote for in a Gorundu v. Sir Kasto possibility. However, EPEP's aren't very functional, or accountable, because people's opinions change, and sometimes they make un-expected vote changes, depending on many things, some being on the candidate him/herself, outside influence, or something entirely different. Thanks for asking!
y = mx + b

y = your votes

x = my votes

x = amount of people

b = the amount of cookies in the cookie jar
Exactly (:clap:)! LOL!
Thanks. I got a good laugh out of that.
In a good way, bad way, or is the article, in your opinion, a joke? Just asking. :D

Hello Readers!

It is to you, and others, that on this day, I would like to thank for making The North Pacific Today, reach this unprecedented goal, in all of North Pacifican history. Today, I mark a new beginning in the North Pacifican news industry. Today, I thank you, that TNP now has a non-RP reliable, secure, and accurate news platform. For today, we mark The North Pacific Today's 1,000th view! (technically 1,055th, counting TNPBC views). Every one of you, has helped me pave this first-time in history road. And we shall continue it, Which is why I would like to unveal, on this day, new rules, that shall forever enhance you entertainment, news, and TNPBC experiences. Along with a new goal, that together, I'm sure we can reach. Behold....

The 10th of October Act:

• No Issue of this news platform, starting from the (coming) Issue 1-R, shall post less than two articles per Issue.
  • The maximum time when there is a new Issue, or TNPBC streaming show can continue is 2 days.
  • News Article suggestions may be rewarded. Monetarily.
  • The (formerly) temporary new ''Meme of The Day" program is hereby declared permanent, and un-removable.
  • The (formerly) temporary new "TNPer of The Week" program is hereby declared permanent, and un-removable.
  • The (formerly) temporary new "The North Pacific Broadcasting Corp. (TNPBC)" service is hereby declared permanent, and un-removable.
  • The North Pacific Today hereby declares it's new viewing goal as 5,000 views.
So, did you like our new clauses/act? If yes, please like this (and preferably all) our posts, and keep viewing. If not, or you have anything, please reach out on this thread, or on my personal conversations! Lastly, I would again like to thank you for viewing this thread, supporting this platform, and making my dream a reality. Stay in tune, there’s always more to come!

Thanks,!
~@Nubt II of Mortipal

Note: Special thanks to @Sir Kasto, @Monkemafiatopia, @Gorundu, @Marcus Antonius, @Sanjurika, @Tringapore, @Katuda, @New Celoveniortan, @Pallaith, and @mcmasterdonia. If I missed you, and you previously replied, or liked our thread, please reach out to me so I can add you. I’m not perfect, but all of you deserve this!

Last edited:
Conducting an EPEP is pretty simple. I stored the names of every single person who voted in the September General Elections, and used their votes in that election (and previous ones, if they are older members) to predict on who they might vote for in a Gorundu v. Sir Kasto possibility. However, EPEP's aren't very functional, or accountable, because people's opinions change, and sometimes they make un-expected vote changes, depending on many things, some being on the candidate him/herself, outside influence, or something entirely different. Thanks for asking!
How do you extrapolate results from an election with completely different candidates? How does choosing between Madjack and Dreadton correlate to choosing between Kasto and myself?

How do you extrapolate results from an election with completely different candidates? How does choosing between Madjack and Dreadton correlate to choosing between Kasto and myself?
And even ignoring that, the model completely ignores the effect of platforms. If I had to vote in the last delegate election based on the candidate’s names only, I’d just flip a coin.

Last edited:
I too posted in this thread. Dreadton for Supreme Leader.
Thank You for referring to yourself. I will add you immediately! :D
Dreadton for Man of the Night O_o
LET'S GO DREADTON! :squee:
Some of you are spending way too much energy on these “serious questions” when you don’t even take this publication seriously. It’s not fun to watch and is starting to come off as mean-spirited.
I agree. Just go with the flow (:hippy:). And watch our news, LOL.
And even ignoring that, the model completely ignores the effect of platforms. If I had to vote in the last delegate election based on the candidate’s names only, I’d just flip a coin.
OK... (:shrug:)

The North Pacific Today

"Proudly TNP's Largest, Most Viewed Media Outlet"
HEAD EDITOR: @Nubt II
VICE-EDITOR: Peylikz
TNP'S #1 News - Bringing News Coverage to TNP Since 2017
"Connecting TNP to NS, and NS to TNP"
ISSUE 1-R
10/11/2021

New South Arctica Card's Market Value Booms! From 0.45 To 6.00!

(CARDS / FINANCIAL / BUSINESS) 5:29 EST, Magicality City Cards Exchange, Magicality City, The North Pacific. Today, our financial analysts recorded one of the sharpest rises in card history. This sharp rise was of a raiding organization, (The Black Hawk’s) WA-Delegate, New South Arctica (hereby referred to as NSA). NSA’s card sharply rose from about 0.45 market value, to 6.00 market value in a little over a week. So, what happened? Our correspondents here at the MCCE (Magicality City Cards Exchange) can answer that question. Over the recent weeks, our analysts have noticed a certain trader (Northeast Mayfly) who buyed the card at a vast over-price. Mayfly paid a shocking 60.00 for the card, naturally increasing the card’s market value by 10% of the buy amount (60.00). Many card-owners who previously had a low bid or the card immediately removed it, fearing a under-priced buy, and losing all the new profit value, most people are holding on to this card, and many are grasping to buy it. So what do you think? Be sure to like our posts and interact on our threads! As for me, this is The North Pacific Today, reporting from the Magicality City Cards Exchange, Magicality City, The North Pacific.

The North Pacific Today is Now Hiring! We Are Also Looking For Contributers & Volunteers!

The North Pacific Today is now hiring! If you have any news you think should be on our papers, our want to be a contributer, sponsor, correspondent be sure to send it to Head Editor Nubt II via conversation (NS TG's will not be accepted). Thanks!

BE SURE TO PARTICIPATE ON OUR THREAD! SPECIAL THANKS TO @Sir Kasto, @Tringapore, @Katuda, @Monkemafiatopia, @Gorundu, @Sanjurika, @Marcus Antonius, @Pallaith, @mcmasterdonia, @Dreadton, @Comfed, AND @Skaraborg FOR LIKING AND INTERACTING ON OUR THREADS!

Last edited:
If any are upset with the recently published Issue 1-R because of it's short article, non-political article, etc. Please stay in tune, Issue 1-S is expected to be about 3-4 articles tall. And, psst... it's gonna involve the RA and GA bills. And guess what? There's critique, and a full summary of the bills, along with quotes from local/WA debates. So stay in tune, fellow political-nerds!

~Nubt II

P.S. Issue 1-S is to be released on 10/14/21. The "TNPer of The Week" Program is to be released tomorrow. And I'll release the meme's of the day, and meme's that match the current situation soon, like 30 minutes from now. Thanks!

I’ve never commented on an article here. Why am I mentioned?

Is it because I am enthusiastically backing Gorundu for Delegate of the West Pacific
Whoever posts on this thread gets mentioned. You posted like three times so far. We do this because when anyone posts or likes, they are helping raise the stat numbers for this thread, and helping us go even more viral, by appearing near the top most of the time on the "Agora" forums. Thanks for posting!

Whoever posts on this thread gets mentioned. You posted like three times so far. We do this because when anyone posts or likes, they are helping raise the stat numbers for this thread, and helping us go even more viral, by appearing near the top most of the time on the "Agora" forums. Thanks for posting!
Fake news. SAD!!

Fake news. SAD!!
LOL! :lol:
BTW, McM, I heard that you went nude in a Melbourne suburb, or something. Is that true? If yes, my instincts as nosy reporter will force me to publish that story, LOL!
Hello, and welcome to The North Pacific Today! This is TNP's largest and most viewed news network, so pick up the latest issue, and stay in tune for what's coming up (listed below)!
  • The North Pacific Today Issue 1-S Starts 10/15/21 (Tomorrow)
  • TNPBC LIVE Streaming - Starts 10/14/21 (Today)
  • The Annual TNPer of The Week Awards - Starts 10/14/21 (Today)
Thanks for posting here!

Last edited:
Back