-
-
Pronouns
He/him
TNP Nation
Francois Isidore
Discord
themacmilitant
Since joining us in July of 2020, Boston Castle has been a force for productivity in the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs. As noted by Fiji in this post, Boston was my preferred choice for Minister when I was first elected as Delegate this past May and I'd originally intended on appointing him at the beginning of the term provided that he was able to apply for citizenship by that time.

That being said, in light of the current situation that we find ourselves in with the Vice Delegacy, I think that it's time for the Regional Assembly to begin considering the status of Boston Castle and his prospective exemption from citizenship requirements to hold office once again now that a legal framework for doing so exists (courtesy of the aptly named Boston Amendment).

Under the current law, Boston would need to have maintained continuous residency status for the last six months -- which he has -- and would need to have applied for citizenship in the past and be unsuccessful in doing so, which, he also has (twice, in fact). The law also stipulates that the individual exempted from the citizenship requirement may not be appointed to any office charged with the region's foreign or military affairs.

Since the office that I'm seeking an exemption for him for would be the Minister of World Assembly Affairs position, my request does not run afoul of the law.

The official text of the law, for reference, can be seen below (applicable clauses only):

9. Non-citizen residents may only be exempted from the requirement to maintain citizenship while a government official if they have maintained continuous residency for at least 6 months and have previously applied for citizenship, and they may not be appointed to any office charged with the region’s foreign or military affairs.
10. Exemptions to the requirement to maintain citizenship while a government official will only apply to the specific office to which the non-citizen resident is appointed, and not to subsequent appointments to the same office.

With Cretox set to vacate office in a number of days, barring an unexpected phantom login before 15 August, I ask that the Regional Assembly prioritize this matter so that the process can be completed in a timely manner. Additionally, I'd also like to remind the Regional Assembly that Boston Castle's situation is indeed a special case; and that an exception is truly required in order for me to be able to appoint them as Cretox's true successor.

This is undoubtedly someone who's shown unwavering dedication to the Ministry during their time here, both under Minister @Westinor and Minister Cretox, and someone who's been carrying out their responsibilities dutifully in their capacity as Executive Deputy Minister of World Assembly Affairs (a position created specifically for them in recognition of the aforementioned facts).

The internal hierarchy is clear: Boston Castle is next up and they've informed me that they're willing to accept this added level of commitment.

As such, I respectfully ask that the Regional Assembly consider issuing an exemption for @Boston Castle so that I may appoint him as my Minister.

Humbly yours,

Robespierre (Francois Isidore)
Delegate of The North Pacific

Last edited:
This is a no-brainer. I don't think I even have to explain why but for those who missed it, the Boston Amendment was proposed because of this exact situation. Considering it was passed, I think the region's will on the matter of the person who gave the amendment its name is already known. Let's rubber stamp this and give Boston the office he deserves. Full support.

Last edited:
I must agree with Syrixia on this. It is imperative that we hold a vote on this as soon as we can to ensure that Boston can be appointed to this position he is so deserving of.

Regardless of one's actual opinion on whether exceptions should be able to be made, the fact that they are now able to do so leads us naturally to approve this. I cannot imagine a world in which this does not pass, but I vocalize my support regardless.

I'm a little concerned about the wording of clause 10 and the timing window of actually doing this. Wouldn't you have say something like "I appoint Boston Castle as Minister of World Assembly Affairs, pending a citizenship exception by the Regional Assembly" first? Boston Castle hasn't been appointed yet, and an exception can't be used on a subsequent appointment. I'm fearing this being ruined by an R4R if it's not done correctly.

I'm a little concerned about the wording of clause 10 and the timing window of actually doing this. Wouldn't you have say something like "I appoint Boston Castle as Minister of World Assembly Affairs, pending a citizenship exception by the Regional Assembly" first? Boston Castle hasn't been appointed yet, and an exception can't be used on a subsequent appointment. I'm fearing this being ruined by an R4R if it's not done correctly.
I understand your concern and thank you for your attention to this matter.

While I personally am not what someone would call a legal expert, my personal interpretation of Clause 10 is that the individual in question need be exempted before an appointment can even legally be recognized without running into conflict with Clause 7 during the time between the appointment and the actual exemption. My basis for this interpretation (and the one that I would likely argue in the case of an R4R, which, for the record, I don't think is likely to happen) is because the Delegate could always appoint someone "pending a citizenship exemption" and then that exemption vote doesn't turn out the way that they thought it would.

Doing it this way minimizes the potential for conflict, actually. Because either this exemption is successfully issued with a two-thirds majority vote and then I appoint Boston as my Minister, or the exemption vote fails and I don't appoint him in light of that: because it then wouldn't be legal for me to do so.

I don't believe it is an absolutely stupid thing to motion immediately, especially since this is pretty much an open and shut case. We have the time of a vote to discuss if necessary. I motion for a vote.

Last edited:
I don't believe it is an absolutely stupid thing to do, since this is pretty much an open and shut case. We have the time of a vote to discuss if necessary. I motion for a vote.
I really hate being the pedantic one here, but there isn't actually a motion to be voted on. I know Robes' intent, but the motion needs to be formally written down. So, here you go. Motion this to vote...

Non-Legislative Motion:
The Regional Assembly exempts Boston Castle from the citizenship requirements to serve as Minister of World Assembly Affairs.

I really hate being the pedantic one here, but there isn't actually a motion to be voted on. I know Robes' intent, but the motion needs to be formally written down. So, here you go. Motion this to vote...
Oh I didn't notice.... I do motion that one

Why does he have to be exempt from citizenship? His role is resident now,then and forever. He should be happy with his role as resident. This is a no

He should be happy with his role as resident.

Pay attention. It's the delegate that wants to make him minister, but there's a technical reason standing in the way, specifically a lack of home internet availability. Has nothing to do with Boston not being "happy" as a resident. And no, we're not pay-2-win, so Boston can't just buy the Minister rank.

Pay attention. It's the delegate that wants to make him minister, but there's a technical reason standing in the way, specifically a lack of home internet availability. Has nothing to do with Boston not being "happy" as a resident. And no, we're not pay-2-win, so Boston can't just buy the Minister rank.
thing is,he doesn't deserve exemption. That is unfair and unnecessary,maybe someone who isn't exempt from citizenship can become VD,like the deputy vice delegate.

thing is,he doesn't deserve exemption. That is unfair and unnecessary,maybe someone who isn't exempt from citizenship can become VD,like the deputy vice delegate.
This is a law that was passed by this body. The Regional Assembly felt there was a good case to enact said law and the delegate has determined that Boston Castle is worthy of such exemption due to their continued service to this region. They have learned and excelled in this community and should serve as an example to you on what it means to become an active and productive member of this community.
I suggest reading up on the laws of the region before making statements. The exemption law only applies to positions appointed by the Delegate. It does not apply to elected positions or positions appointed by other elected officials. The Delegate has conveniently linked the RA bill in the original post and you can read up on that debate. It should prove fruitful to you.

EDITED: I will be changing my vote from Abstain to Aye in light of comments made.

Last edited:
This is a law that was passed by this body. The Regional Assembly felt there was a good case to enact said law and the delegate has determined that Boston Castle is worthy of such exemption due to their continued service to this region. They have learned and excelled in this community and should serve as an example to you on what it means to become an active and productive member of this community.
I suggest reading up on the laws of the region before making statements. The exemption law only applies to positions appointed by the Delegate. It does not apply to elected positions or positions appointed by other elected officials. The Delegate has conveniently linked the RA bill in the original post and you can read up on that debate. It should prove fruitful to you.

EDITED: I will be changing my vote from Abstain to Aye in light of comments made.
He has not been active and he won't be active as VD, it would be unfair to the deputy VD who deserves his role and worked hard. If we have Boston castle as VD,it would be like having dogs with hamsters or conservatives with anarchist.

He has not been active and he won't be active as VD, it would be unfair to the deputy VD who deserves his role and worked hard. If we have Boston castle as VD,it would be like having dogs with hamsters or conservatives with anarchist.
I can’t even begin to comprehend you lack of understanding what is actually happening. Boston Castle is being appointed as Minister of World Assembly Affairs. Please, please, please read what is actually happening before replying in the future.

I’m not exactly sure why you’re talking about Boston being the Vice Delegate or the Deputy Vice Delegate when…

A.) There is no such position as Deputy VD

B.) It’s an exemption to hold the Minister of World Assembly Affairs position and only the MoWAA position

and C.) When I’ve even helpfully linked past discussions in the OP of this thread that would tell you exactly what this exemption motion is about if you’d be so kind enough as to read and comprehend what you’re reading

not that active
He's literally the most active staffer in the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, which you'd know, if you had any interest in TNP beyond shitposting and trolling.

He hasn't posted in nearly 2 days
He's literally the most active staffer in the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, which you'd know, if you had any interest in TNP beyond shitposting and trolling.
so does every staffer post every 20 days?
I’m not exactly sure why you’re talking about Boston being the Vice Delegate or the Deputy Vice Delegate when…

A.) There is no such position as Deputy VD

B.) It’s an exemption to hold the Minister of World Assembly Affairs position and only the MoWAA position

and C.) When I’ve even helpfully linked past discussions in the OP of this thread that would tell you exactly what this exemption motion is about if you’d be so kind enough as to read and comprehend what you’re reading
I misread it,read the first part and anyway he won't be good as MWAA. Pick. Someone else for that job

He hasn't posted in nearly 2 days

so does every staffer post every 20 days?
You don't see the work Boston does, because it's literally in the executive staff discord. If you had bothered to even join the executive discord when you were accepted into the Foreign Affairs Ministry earlier this month, you'd know that a lot of work goes on there.

As it is, you're wrong about Boston Castle's not having posted in nearly two days. He post an hour and 20 minutes before you did. And his last post before that was just over 14 hours before then.

Im going to ignore the Pigeon, although I would advise him to pick up this book or this one. Anyway, Ministeries need active minsters. Boston has done 75 voting threads, 37 IFVs, among other things.

Back