TNP Nation
Cretox State
Discord
Cretox#0125
mowa_seal.png

May 2021 - World Assembly Affairs Opening Address

Well, this is a pleasant surprise.

c9KJUtW.png

I wasn't expecting to be Minister of World Assembly Affairs again so soon. I definitely wasn't expecting to be Minister and Vice Delegate, but that won't stop me from giving the position my all. I'd like to thank @mcmasterdonia for his effective leadership as Delegate last term, @Westinor for all the effort they poured into running this Ministry, @Boston Castle for his consistent competence and irreplaceability as Deputy Minister, and the entirety of the Ministry consultants and leadership team. The focus of the WA Ministry this term will be internal improvement and expansion. For a recap of last term, consult this closing address.

We've got a lot of work to do and however long until I get recalled to do it. So let's get down to business.

Deputy Minister Appointments
@Boston Castle has been the backbone of this Ministry, and he's a shoe-in to lead it. While he may not be Minister, he nevertheless has every reason to have a prominent leadership role in it. That's why I have created a new position- Executive Deputy Minister of World Assembly Affairs- with Boston Castle as its inaugural officeholder. Boston's role will be a heightened managerial one- he'll oversee the day-to-day business of the Ministry and work directly with the Minister on developing and executing high-level decisions.

As for Deputy Ministers:
  • @Westinor has done great work as WA Minister last term, and they has expressed interest in staying onboard as a Deputy WA Minister.
  • @East Isles has been outstanding as a WA Affairs staffer, and has agreed to become a Deputy WA Minister.
  • @Greater Cesnica is an up-and-coming WA author and Ministry staffer. They've also agreed to become a Deputy WA Minister.
  • @Sir Kasto is an enthusiastic contributor to both the WA and other Ministries. While they are currently a Deputy Minister elsewhere, their administrative competence is no laughing matter.
I didn't plan to be WA Minister in advance, so I'm still talking with other potential Deputy WA Ministers regarding their interest in the position. This roster could expand in the future, and I'll make announcements accordingly.

General Bookkeeping and the Roster
I intend to ensure that all Ministry staffers are at least semi-active and all featured programs are operational. Our WA voting policy will be updated with the latest relevant Delegate's Directive.

First, I'll be pruning any long-term inactive staffers. If you've had any substantive activity in the last few months, you don't have to worry. I'm not doing a concrete roll call. If your activity has been on-and-off, you also don't have to worry. My targets are staffers who've been active for a protracted period of time. However, I want to make sure that I don't accidentally remove anyone who's still active or plans to become active. Therefore, please respond to this thread as soon as possible. Your responses will also help with something further down on the agenda.

Second, I'll be trimming the Senior WA Consultants a bit to remove those who have retired or are no longer active. The consultants are a flexible organ, and can be re-appointed at any time should they become active again. I will also be on the lookout for any good new candidates for the consultants.

Third, I have created a new thread for individuals to express interest in becoming a Deputy WA Minister or Senior WA Consultant, and for announcements regarding appointments to be posted. This'll help formalize the appointment process while lowering the perceived bar to becoming a Deputy Minister and better fleshing out the role of the consultants.

WA Voting Reports
The WA Voting Reports thread has been unused since last October. However, there is still utility in it, and an expanded Deputy team makes regular updates feasible. These updates will be posted monthly, and cover relevant WA voting information for the past month.

The Return of IFV Voting
Internal staffer voting on the executive Discord server to inform IFV stance is making a return. With a lineup of multiple active Deputies, this is a viable initiative to maintain.

Incentives for New Staffers
The executive card rewards program may be in limbo, but that doesn't mean that staffer card rewards are entirely out of the question. I am pleased to introduce a new program to reward new WA Affairs staffers for completing their first tasks in the Ministry. Participation isn't mandatory, but is a natural extension of staffers' typical responsibilities:
  • Vote 3 times in proposal voting threads with substantive arguments (votes don't have to be valid) - 1 epic card.
  • Open your first proposal voting thread - 1 epic card.
  • Substantively contribute to someone else's Information For WA Voters (IFV) recommendation - 1 epic card.
  • Write your first Information For WA Voters (IFV) recommendation - 2 epic cards.
  • Complete all of the above - 1 legendary card.
If interested, please apply for this program in this thread. Existing staffers are also eligible; "first" refers to first after the opening of this program. Cards will be randomly selected from my personal deck. In the future, this program may be expanded to utilize the main regional card deck and/or accept donations from members of the community, but not right away.

WALL Collaboration - Accelerator and Proposal Discussion
In an effort to bolster World Assembly Legislative League (WALL) activity and increase the efficacy of our own programs, we are discussing expanding the TNP World Assembly Accelerator Program into a WALL program, thereby drawing on the combined expertise and manpower of all WALL signatory regions to provide feedback on and support accepted proposals. Irrespective of this effort, I am committed to improving the performance and inter-regional awareness of the accelerator. This will occur through consistent advertising and outreach to external authors regarding the program. Additionally, we will be exploring regular organized GA and SC proposal discussions within WALL. Both of these efforts were discussed internally last term, and I firmly believe in their potential.

Mentorship Program and Internal Guides
Some internal staff training materials were worked on late last term, and I intend to see those through to completion. These will likely be integrated into a combined WAA mentoring hub, with a version of the current mentorship program serving as a way for people to request additional individualized support. The proposal writing assistance component of the current mentorship program will likely be partly rolled into the accelerator program or converted into a standalone WALL program.

Regional Commendations and Condemnations
One of the advantages of concurrently serving as Vice Delegate and WA Minister is that I have access to the SC's internal archives and its membership for commendation/condemnation purposes. Several Heroes of the North proposal drafts are currently nearing completion or being written. Drafts nominating SCers will be run past the SC. All drafts will be open to the entire Ministry, with co-author credit available to staffers, especially new ones, who assist with writing/editing. I'll archive the public-facing thread; we won't need it.

I also have a juicy surprise planned. You'll know it when you see it.

This has the potential to be an outstanding term, and I'm confident that we can make that a reality. As always, the Ministry's Office thread is open to any questions or comments you may have.

~~Cretox

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back