When in doubt, blame Bob
Commend Benevolent Thomas
Category: < Commendation > | Nominee: Benevolent Thomas
Proposed by: Marxist Germany | Onsite Topic
Voting Instructions:The World Assembly,
Praising Benevolent Thomas for its fabulous record in defending, its excellent region-building skills, its marvelous diplomatic abilities, its participation in many influential regions, and its contributions to the Security Council,
Noting that Benevolent Thomas' involvement in many regions include:
- 10000 Islands, a region where it served as delegate for almost 5 months, served as Senator for Lyonesse East for 4 months, revived the regional magazine (The Mad Islander), deployed in almost 150 missions for TITO (Ten Thousand Islands Treaty Organisation), served as a Tactical Officer for approximately a year, and mended relations between it and The Rejected Realms,
- 00000 A World Power, where it deployed on over 150 missions for the RDF (A World Power Regional Defence Force), co-led the region as part of the Triumvirate, was promoted to the rank of Colonel, and was only one of 5 nations to rise to a senior officer rank in the region's history to date,
- Lazarus, a region where it served as Minister of Interior for a few months, and as Delegate and Vice-Delegate,
- Renegade Islands Alliance, a region in which it served as Chief Executive for over a year, rewrote the regional constitution to empower citizens through the implementation of the Citizens’ Congress which greatly increased government activity, heavily recruited for the region, served as Security Officer for months, and participated in about 50 missions with the RIASF (Renegade Islands Alliance Special Forces), the region also went through its most active era under BenevolentThomas,
- Fort Triumph, a region it founded alongside other prominent defenders such as Deadeye Jack, Eist, and Land filled with People, which has deployed on almost a hundred defending missions, and has won several defender awards,
- Hogwarts, a region it was involved in the refounding thereof, helped set up its foundations, ran quidditch leagues, and served as Deputy Headmaster for over 4 years under the proxy Benevolent Aurors where it helped massively in keeping the region active,
- The Founderless Regions Alliance, where it served as Vice-Chancellor for a few months, was promoted to the rank of Master Sergeant, and succeeded, with the help of Tim Stark and others, to revive the alliance after months of inactivity,
Recognising Benevolent Thomas’ significant role in European Union, a region it resided in under the proxy Rhine Ruhr, whereby it was actively involved in proposing government legislation and served as:
- Premier Commissioner, one of the most important positions in the region, and is concerned with managing the regional economy, currency, and budget,
- Internal Affairs Commissioner, an office involved in keeping peace within the region, wherein it created a Welcome Committee for helping new nations in the region,
- Foreign Affairs Commissioner, an office responsible for recruitment and foreign relations, where it ran the regional recruitment programme and was heavily involved in diplomacy, and had one of its civil servants appointed
- Justice of the European Court of Justice,
Awed by Benevolent Thomas' choice to move beyond merely defending by founding The Order of the Grey Wardens, one of the largest defending organisations in NationStates and home to many prominent defender nations, and which has deployed on missions numbering in the tens of thousands, a number only achieved by the strongest militaries,
Amazed by Benevolent Thomas' record in The Order of the Grey Wardens, wherein it served as First Warden during 2015, from May 2016 to November 2016, and from January 2020 to present day, and has completed 1178 missions including 785 defences, 113 liberations, and 280 detags,
Lauding Benevolent Thomas’ for earning The Lifetime Achievement Award for Dedication to Defending, an award bestowed on it by the defender community, and is an award only given to the best and most dedicated of defenders,
Acknowledging Benevolent Thomas' ongoing contributions to the work of the Security Council, including their long-standing efforts to memorialise the achievements of deserving nations:
Believing that a nation which contributes so heavily to the worldwide community, by defending, diplomacy, and region-building, is deserving of a Security Council Commendation, and will serve to immortalise its noble actions,
- SC#196 Commend Dyr Nasad, and
- SC#229 Commend Wopruthien,
Hereby Commends Benevolent Thomas.
- Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
- Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
- Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
- Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.