mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
McMasterdonia for The North Pacific

iOR0Rle1eMFlamLmPclxltTOcgFJBFibq3puSMtGovESQeur6tCBF4QF--lvuhYdYSv66-Uh-KJSvufsv7DqVDk5ZwQc3rb2b4d7TQN_a0DBzLT7g9twiWKTmWHzQCKHtq55rWzU

McMasterdonia for The North Pacific

iOR0Rle1eMFlamLmPclxltTOcgFJBFibq3puSMtGovESQeur6tCBF4QF--lvuhYdYSv66-Uh-KJSvufsv7DqVDk5ZwQc3rb2b4d7TQN_a0DBzLT7g9twiWKTmWHzQCKHtq55rWzU

I am McMasterdonia and I am seeking a second term as Delegate of The North Pacific. I would like to thank El Fiji Grande for nominating me for this office. I would like to thank Darcania for designing the above image for me and to Artemis for the other images (that have the quotes on them).

I had a little bit of fun with making the website, but am also posting my campaign here for posterity.

It has been a tremendous honour and privilege to serve as the Delegate of The North Pacific for the last four months. We have made great progress in the past four months and have achieved an incredible amount. I could not have done this without the support of a terrific cabinet, executive staff and a highly engaged community. I offered in my end of term report a summary of the work completed this term. You can read the full report here. The “What we’ve achieved” sections for each part of the campaign will be taken from this report.

The campaign from the last election is also available here, which may be a useful reference for the below.

Preamble

Now that nearly all of you have seen what I am like as World Assembly Delegate, it is quite likely that you already know what to expect in terms of performance from my government. I believe that I have demonstrated very clearly what we are capable of, particularly in terms of delivering qualitative outcomes for the regional community.

As I said in my last campaign, I strongly believe in the core principles that underpin the success of our region. Our region is a place of tremendous opportunities and one of success. Our successes have been hard fought and built through determination, information based pragmatic decision making, and a belief in selfless regional service. I believe that I have demonstrated a strong commitment to these core values throughout my term of office.

As World Assembly Delegate, I have delivered a strong and stable executive government led by the Executive Council of Ministers, the Vice Delegate and myself. I have ensured that we undertake rigorous discussion and internal debate prior to the undertaking of impactful decisions. This collaborative and consultative based approach to decision making has ensured that every member of the Executive Council has the opportunity to be heard, whether the topic is directly related to their portfolio or not. This has led to more effective decision making, a growth in the knowledge of individual Ministers to include activities outside their domain, and ensured that all relevant information is considered prior to the undertaking of major decisions.

Another important side of serving as World Assembly Delegate is the ability of the office holder to bring people together, to work for the common good of the region, even where there is disagreement. I believe in governing for everyone - whether you’re an RMBer, a card farmer, a roleplayer, an NPAer or any other persuasion, we are all part of the great melting pot of The North Pacific. We all benefit from working together and improving our community. All voices are heard and my door is always open to anyone who needs to speak with me. Our public outreach efforts on the regional message board, discord, and via telegrams such as press-releases also reflect this approach. Our community is broad and diverse, and our outreach efforts need to embrace this too.

I also believe that the World Assembly Delegate has an important duty of investing in our future. This includes providing mentorship and guidance to future regional leaders, providing opportunities for newcomers to serve the community, and developing new ideas for the region that will be sustainable beyond one term of office. The Outer Ministry process has involved more Deputy Minister’s into cabinet decision making. I can now see many Deputies who are now ready or almost ready to move up into cabinet. Likewise, there are many within the cabinet who I would feel confident electing as World Assembly Delegate. I hope that my Minister’s and Deputy Minister’s will see what I expect - in terms of research, quality, and pragmatic decision making, and take this forward as they move in to becoming the next leaders of our region.

General Administration

Executive Staff

We will continue to prioritise the quick processing of executive staff applications and the inclusion of said staff in our executive staff mastersheet. At the beginning of the last term, we compiled all of the welcome messages for new executive staff to ensure they are adequately briefed on how to participate as soon as they are accepted. This has proven useful in getting new staff involved immediately.

The Committees

The Committees we formed this term have focused on External Affairs and on Internal Affairs. Despite the fact that these committees have been provided with reports by the Ministers and I have sought feedback on various projects (including our recent treaty with TRR and other matters), the activity has not been as high as I had hoped. Once the election is concluded, I will discuss this with the new Speaker and workshop some ideas on how to potentially improve these committees. At this stage, I am considering a more open tender process where applicants can apply and then be approved or not by the Regional Assembly. Certainly I think it is far too early to consider greater implementation of these committees via legislation in the RA until we have seen some success.

Monthly Reports

These will continue. We did have some changeover with certain Ministries that interrupted our usual flow of reporting. Nevertheless, I have found this remains to be a valuable part of our routine workload.

Press Secretary

I think the office of Press Secretary has worked very well in complementing our outreach efforts this term. I fully intend to continue to have this office in the next term if I am re-elected. It is a valuable part of our routine communications to the region.

I would like to see our diplomatic corps utilise these press releases for posting in an office style thread in their assigned embassy regions. We used to maintain these as a routine matter and would like to see this continue. The posting of these releases would not, however, be compulsory.
Foreign Affairs
  1. Issued a report on the developing situation in The East Pacific for citizens to comprehensively understand the situation and the actions of its government;

2. Issued a statement on the situation in The East Pacific and led the efforts to liberate the region from Fedele;

3. Repealed our treaty with Albion;

4. Negotiated and ratified a new treaty with The Rejected Realms;

5. Re-drafted and published the Diplomatic Protocol;

6. Issued a statement on the invasion of Stargate;

7. Overhauled the Master Roster providing opportunities to serve in the diplomatic corps to new members;

8. Released the World Factbook submissions form for completion by the Diplomatic Corps;

9. Distributed the following:
    1. TNS Issue XI

2. TNS Issue XII

3. Invitation to the Epic Gamer Party

4. TNS Issue XIII

The Foreign Affairs team has also been involved in the planning stages of each of our events. I am proud of the work the Foreign Affairs Ministry has completed this term and thank both Owen and TlomzKrano for their service.
If I am re-elected, our second term of office will prioritise the implementation of the World Factbook Project. As I said in my first campaign, this will become a valuable resource for successive governments as well as serving as an engaging project for our diplomatic corps to work on. At this stage of the project, we are still collating the information. Once this is prepared over the next month, I will be able to code it all up for dispatch release via TNL. The final stage will involve consultation with our senior diplomats to add in any information that isn’t suitable for the public release. This final version will be a useful guide for whoever occupies the Delegate seat after me, and for any new Minister of Foreign Affairs.

Secondly, we will turn our focus to outreach to user created regions. My goal here is to establish relationships with regions where we have shared values and interests, similar to how Greater Dienstad and The North Pacific share a love of roleplay and how this relationship has paid dividends over multiple terms. I believe that this goal will tie nicely into our regional development ideals. Specifically, that given our vast resources, we could assist these regions with particular projects such as endorsement programs, military cooperation, world assembly affairs development, and other more cultural areas like roleplay.

The other key element of Foreign Affairs is responding to developing world events. In my first term, I demonstrated quite clearly that The North Pacific can and should take an assertive role in interregional affairs. We will continue to be a positive and assertive voice on the world stage.

Defence
The Ministry of Defence under Minister Robespierre did exceptionally well this term. The quality of our command, our training and mentorship of new soldiers, and the capacity of our officers and commanders to lead, is second to none. At the time of drafting of this address, The North Pacific Army has undertaken 41 operations this term.

The Ministry of Defence assisted with a number of operations that were crucial to our foreign policy and involved working closely with our allies. This included a number of Delegacy transitions at the beginning of the term. This was quickly overshadowed by our successful effort to liberate The East Pacific from then Delegate Fedele. In addition to that effort, the Ministry of Defence has also liberated Stargate on two occasions this term.

We have also worked with the militaries of The Rejected Realms, Europeia, Lazarus, The South Pacific, The Black Hawks, Balder and others to improve the capacity of our soldiers for complex operations.

I acknowledge the High Command Officers Zaz, Darcania, Malphe, QuietDad, and Gladio who have been a significant support to the NPA during this past term and will soon have their names plastered across our NS region, as we promote their history in the NPA to recruit new members.

Minister Robespierre was determined from the very beginning of the term to undertake diverse and interesting military operations that are challenging and enjoyable for members of the North Pacific Army. He has delivered that and more. I thank Robes for his service this term.
Our key priority for the beginning of the term will be the implementation of the call to serve project. This project showcases NPA Generals and their experiences of the NPA in the form of Radio interviews and text based interviews. These interviews will be compiled into a dispatch that essentially ‘drafts’ nations into the NPA (though entirely voluntary). It is our hope that this in-game project will expand upon the knowledge of the NPA and the service of it’s Generals and also gain us plenty of new recruits.

We will continue to utilise the North Pacific Army to work closely with our allies on operations. This term, the NPA has been very successful at diversifying it’s operations and undertaking more complex ops. I will continue to support these efforts as best I can.

Thirdly, we will continue to promote the activities of the NPA in-game via press-release and RMB announcements via the Gameside Advocates. In addition, we will also feature key operations in our embassy thread on the NSGP forum.

Culture
Culture is a great passion of mine. It has been wonderful to have Prydania on board for another whirlwind task of events, activities and other shenanigans. The Ministry of Culture has undertaken the following work this term:
  1. Hosted the Roleplay Symposium with Greater Dienstad;

2. Launched TNP’s Games Server;

3. Hosted The Epic Gamer Party with The Rejected Realms;

4. Oversaw our N-day and Z-day activities;

5. Hosted the Lennarts (Almost complete!)

6. Hosted the Fantasy Football competition;

7. Hosted the cultural exchange with 10ki

8. Hosted a Christmas flag design competition; and

9. Established the Cards Guild (shout out to r3n and Praetor for this initiative)
Culture has had an incredibly strong term for term 1. In Term 2 we will aim to expand upon these efforts.

The first project will be the drafting of an addendum to the regional handbook to feature our roleplay communities in-game. This will be a sizeable project that will involve a great deal of consultation with roleplay moderators and other leaders within that community. The output however will be significantly beneficial to the region and greatly assist in our efforts to showcase our roleplay worlds to nations looking for RP opportunities. I want to be very clear that I am not dictating anything, but my proposal would essentially this would involve the following:
  1. An overview dispatch that describes the various maps/worlds available for roleplay;

2. Each world or sub-community would then have their own dispatch that would contain relevant information, such as:
    1. A Link to map;

2. An explanation on how to claim a map spot;

3. Relevant cartography rules/requirements and other community rules;

4. A list of moderators and how to contact them;

5. List of continents (if applicable)

6. Cultural matters: languages, religions, etc
There is a lot of interest in world building in our roleplay communities and I hope that this project will be something a lot of people will be keen to get involved in. I have discussed this with the Culture team earlier in the term (which contains a lot of roleplayers already) and the response was very positive

Our second priority will be the simplification of the RP reel design. As it stands, it is the design phase of the project that has slowed down it’s publication. I believe that the design can be simplified so as to not hold back the publication. As an addition to the above, Culture really requires the assistance of more Graphic Designers. So if you have those skills and are available, I would strongly encourage you to join the Culture staff.

Our third priority will be on working with the Security Council on a World Assembly Engagement event. My hope is that this event will not be driven by a focus on building the endorsements of individual security councillors, but instead on recruiting more members of the World Assembly from our non-WA population and involving members of our community directly in these efforts. We would have awards for new members who join the WA during that week and special awards for nations that are involved in promoting the event and encouraging new members of the region to sign up.

Finally, we will aim to host more discord based events similar to Fantasy Football that will allow our residents to participate easily and freely should they wish to do so. We will also aim to make greater use of the games server through the hosting of regular competitions there.

We will continue to work closely with the Cards Guild and with the North Pacific University when opportunities arise.

Communications
The Ministry of Communications also experienced a change from one Minister to another earlier in the term. Kaschovia has done a good job overseeing the Ministry of Communications during the term.

The Ministry has released the following publications:
  1. TNS Issue XI

2. TNS Issue XII

3. TNS Issue XIII
In addition the Ministry has almost finalised TNS Issue XIV and the next edition of TNL that is hanging over from the last term of government is in the editing stages. The Northern Lights edition on NS 2030 is also currently in the planning stage.

Kasch also established a senior editing team to assist with the editing of articles ahead of time. In addition, the coding tool I designed earlier in the term has also proven useful to ensuring the releases are out quickly and coded correctly.

Our goals for the term will remain very simple. I will focus on publishing the long outstanding edition on The Northern Lights with the articles that are currently prepared. There was considerable interest in the NS 2030 edition of TNL, but so far we have only had minimal commitment from people to write. It is likely that proposal will need to be scrapped.

Currently, The Northern Lights model focuses upon the production of large scale editions. This requires an intense amount of work. Particularly around recruiting authors and then pressing them to provide a draft on time, when in reality, they have no obligation.

My view for the coming term would be that we should instead be that we should be proactively engaging with ideas and relevant ideas and publishing them in a timely manner as they come up. I think that by engaging immediately with the idea, then proceed to drafting, editing and publication, we would take advantage of current events as well as the enthusiasm of authors immediately.

This would be frequently enough to give The Northern Lights life and also be less of a struggle to fill multiple pages. For instance, earlier in the year when The East Pacific coup was underway, there was talk of publishing an editorial on that matter. I think this would have been valuable, but we were caught up on focusing on a much larger edition which was going to be more difficult to complete. My proposal admittedly would be more sporadic, potentially, but more special and hopefully more interesting to our readers. It would also make it far easier to pair this with a seminar in the University to engage readers in the content of the article.

Similar to the roleplay reel, the design phase for TNL is quite an intensive task that has traditionally relied upon one person - i.e. El Fiji Grande. Although there are guides on how to do this work prepared, I am not convinced that this time heavy task will be sustainable unless there are more graphic designers with the skills willing to come forward and take on the task. I freely admit that I do not have the skills required to do the design phase of TNL. So my view on this is that if we find in the second term that we are not able to continue to produce a high quality graphic version of the release, we should simply return to doing the text based version.

TNS on the other hand continues to be published on schedule and without much of an issue. I would expect that to continue.

Home Affairs
Home Affairs this term has had a more sizeable portfolio and higher expectations than under previous terms. BluieGamer has been able to realise the potential of Home Affairs through his effective leadership and regular communication with the HA team. The Ministry has undertaken the following tasks:
  1. Released The North Pacific Survey and Census. This has been a comprehensive review of a wide range of areas of The North Pacific Government’s operations. So far we have released the following surveys:
    1. Survey 1: Telegram Quality Survey (Results)
      1. We have also established the telegram drafting taskforce to implement the suggestions from this survey. This work is still ongoing.
    2. Survey 2: Information for Voters Survey (Results)

3. Survey 3: Zombie Day Experience Survey (Results)

4. Survey 4: Did you know all there is to do in The North Pacific? (Results)

5. Survey 5: Mid-Term Ministry and Executive Satisfaction (Results)

6. Survey 6: Executive Staff Survey (OPEN)
  2. The Gameside Affairs Survey is also in drafting stages and should also be released in early January.

3. As of the December 15 calculation by Bluie, the mentor team lead by Deputy Minister Marcus Antonius has mentored 141 forum users. This is an incredible result.

4. The Ministry has released 12 lists for recruitment by HA and completed 640+ rows of nations.
Our goals for term 2 will remain nice and simple. We will continue to work on the implementation of survey feedback as well as release the final surveys for community engagement. I personally have found these surveys to be very insightful and a great way of pursuing community outreach.

We will also continue to do the standard work of HA, including forum mentoring, recruitment lists, and the updating of the regional handbook.

We established a strong foundation in our first term. Our second term will be about consolidation and implementation in order to deliver lasting outcomes.

World Assembly Affairs

The Ministry has released 22 Information for Voters telegrams and dispatches for World Assembly resolutions.

We have worked closely with our partners in WALL on the proposals put forward before the World Assembly. In addition, we have been in discussions with the other WALL regions on proposals to improve the understanding of WALL and how it operates. Whilst these discussions have been difficult, I am confident that in the next term of government, we will see promising outcomes on this front.

We established the Senior WA Consultants who will function in a similar way to the Senior Diplomats in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This has allowed the Ministry to give junior staffers the opportunities to serve as a Deputy Minister, while preserving the expertise and senior staff and their ability to weigh in on Ministry debates when required.

I have also worked proactively with authors in-game who have reached out to me about their resolutions. In addition, I have been working to bring our information for voters dispatches to the attention of the author and other participants in the NS forums. Likewise, we have been working to bring our own forum voting threads to the attention of in-game residents earlier by posting them on the regional message board.

Our goals for term 2 will be focused on WALL and better engagement with authors of WA proposals.

In WALL, I intend for us to focus on activities to help promote and publicise the inner workings of WALL. This will include a digest of votes undertaken by WALL members that will be useful in measuring the influence of WALL on particular WA resolutions. Likewise, we hope to be able to utilise WALL to assist with our sponsorship program and to encourage greater discussion on proposals put forward before the NS forums while they are in drafting stages. I have particularly enjoyed seeing this occur in recent months on our forum, with Praetor especially engaging directly with the authors on improving their resolutions.

With our engagement with WA authors, we will continue to participate regularly in on-site discussions. I will direct the WA Affairs Minister to publish draft proposals earlier in our WALL subforum. Once the proposals are at vote, I would ask the WA Affairs Minister or his deputy to continue to share our draft IFV in the on-site forum thread. This helps authors to see how TNP engages with their resolutions and will hopefully encourage more of them to visit our forums and engage in our debate threads here.

In addition, we will do a better job of promoting our forum voting threads in-game. Currently this primarily happens at the time the IFV is published, which is too late. Instead once a thread is made in our WA forum, we will publish this in-game on the regional message board to encourage better engagement by our WA nations.

Radio
The Ministry of Radio has completed the following work:

1. Established the radio awards program;

2. Published tutorials for radio staff on editing and publication of radio releases;

3. Released the following shows:
    1. Delegates Day Broadcast;

2. A Portrait on the Inaius Starfall Roleplay;

3. The Art of Worldbuilding;

4. On Roleplaying Fascism; and

5. Strangereal Roleplay Show 2.
The Ministry of Radio has also been working closely with myself and the Minister of Defence on a project highlighting the careers of NPA Generals for the purposes of recruitment of new members of the NPA.
In our second term, we will focus on the publication of all of the NPA Generals related radio editions which are crucial for our recruitment efforts for The North Pacific Army.

In addition, we will prioritise hosting more regular editions of the NBS to discuss current events in the North Pacific in an informal manner.

Radio will also continue to work with the RP Reel and with TNL to host Radio versions of the articles to encourage engagement with the substantive content that is published.

Gameside Affairs

This term we have dedicated a considerable amount of time to our outreach efforts in-game.

I intend to change up the Gameside Advocates this term. Firstly, I will recruit more RMB based nations to the Gameside Advocates team. Secondly, I intend to assign a loose portfolio arrangement to the Gameside Advocates to keep them focused on what needs to be promoted in-game. These will be loosely grouped into the following categories:
  1. Promotion of NPA Operations;

2. Promotion of WA voting threads;

3. Promotion of Cultural activities and events; and

4. Promotion of other government news and initiatives.
I think this will ensure that we have greater coverage across the regional message board and that the key messages from our executive government are adequately detailed in-game.

Key Performance Indicators

Foreign Affairs
  1. Implementation of World Factbook Project;
  2. UCR outreach efforts focused upon common ground and interests to establish meaningful relationships;
  3. A continued assertive voice on the world stage and a prompt response (when required) to interregional events).
Defence
  1. Implementation of call to serve project highlighting our Generals for the purposes of NPA recruitment;
  2. Continued operations with allied and friendly regions;
  3. Continued promotions of NPA activities in-game via press release, posting of key operations in NSGP embassy thread, and continued cooperation with Gameside Advocates.
Culture
  1. Implementation of addendum to regional handbook to highlight TNP’s roleplay communities;
  2. Simpliflication of RP Reel design and the setting of deadlines (if the graphic version is not ready we can publish a text based version instead);
  3. Recruitment of Graphic Designers to assist in the work of culture;
  4. World Assembly nation recruitment event in collaboration with the SC;
  5. More discord based activities and events.
Communications
  1. Publication of long outstanding TNL edition;
  2. Shake up of the approach to TNL i.e. publication of articles as ideas arise and they are drafted. Longer form editions will occur when required;
  3. Find more graphic designers who can assist with the design phase of TNL; or if this is not possible, return to publication of text based design; and
  4. Continued publication of TNS on schedule.
Home Affairs
  1. Continued implementation of the Survey and Census project including the feedback particularly on telegram quality;
  2. More lists, mentoring, and standard work.
World Assembly Affairs
  1. WALL: publication of digest that highlights the influence of WALL on key WA resolutions, building better engagement with proposals in the drafting stage, and encouraging participation by TNPers in WALL HQ.
  2. Engagement with authors: Put up draft proposals earlier in WALL for discussion and encourage authors to participate. Share our IFV’s in the onsite thread.
  3. In-game promotion: earlier promotion of voting threads on the regional message board to hopefully encourage greater participation by WA nations in our offsite debates.
Radio
  1. NPA Generals Project: Publish the NPA generals interviews for inclusion in the NPA recruitment efforts;
  2. NBS: host informal discussions on current events and happenings in TNP and the NS world.
  3. Work with Culture and Communications where possible on Radio editions to supplement the text based articles that are produced.
Gameside Affairs
  1. Recruit more RMBers into the Gameside Advocates team;
  2. Establish portfolios of responsibility amongst the GA team to ensure adequate coverage of government initiatives on the regional message board.
In conclusion….

I hope that you have enjoyed reading my campaign. I likewise hope that you have been able to see the benefit of the work we have completed in our first term. I will continue to work extremely hard for the benefit of our community.

I hope you will vote for me.

Last edited:
Join the team!

If you would like to join our team, feel free to display this image in your signature:

Code:
[img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/355374026539139082/661033913761792011/unknown.png[/img]

Holy cow and I thought I was very dedicated when it came to elections threads and platforms... Full support once again.

I mentioned in my campaign thread that citizenship retention and numbers are an important factor in regional health. Traditionally, the focus from the executive branch has been on gaining and maintaining World Assembly endorsements. If you were to be elected to another term, do you think your government should take a strong position on citizenship retention? How could the Speaker and the Executive work together to strengthen citizenship retention and participation?

Have you considered who your cabinet would be for this coming term? Would it remain largely the same or would you be appointing new faces to positions?

A phenomenal campaign from someone who’s been a phenomenal Delegate. What can I say? You have my support, of course

Apparently only admins can like posts here, so I'm going to avoid doing it.

Full support, great website :)

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY VOTE
Thank you for your support <3
I echo these wise, outstanding words

YESSS! MCM FOR DELEGATE! Sorry Nessie...
Thank you all for your support <3

Nessie will be fine.

I mentioned in my campaign thread that citizenship retention and numbers are an important factor in regional health. Traditionally, the focus from the executive branch has been on gaining and maintaining World Assembly endorsements. If you were to be elected to another term, do you think your government should take a strong position on citizenship retention? How could the Speaker and the Executive work together to strengthen citizenship retention and participation?
I disagree with that assessment of the focus of the executive branch and with the suggestion that we are not already taking a strong position on citizenship retention.

Without the work of the executive branch, you would see very few people apply for citizenship or even residency. You would see even less people keep it. That recruitment work is almost entirely led by the executive government via the Ministry of Home Affairs, as well as by our nations on the regional message board. The Speaker accepts citizenship but has not typically been proactive in recruiting citizens or in citizenship retention. When Home Affairs does a citizenship focused list, we see a significant uptick in applicants.

Secondly, our focus is always on building, curating and maintaining our active and vibrant community. By producing fantastic events, we are giving our nations opportunities to get more involved. This makes it more likely that they will stick around and keep their residency/citizenship. By having a well trained and resourced military, we are giving our nations opportunities to serve in military gameplay in a supportive environment where they may succeed. Likewise by maintaining a robust outreach and communications strategy, we are keeping our nations/citizens and residents involved and aware of government activity and other information. This helps to retain citizens and residents. There are countless examples of this across the executive.

We do work to improve our world assembly population and to encourage people to join the WA. However almost all of our other outreach efforts are focused on growing the number of actively involved citizens and residents, and keeping them here by providing an engaging community. That is how our stance is strong on citizenship retention.

We also have automated scripts that remind people when their citizenship is about to expire and ones that remind them when it has expired.

Therefore our approach is both strong on new citizenship recruitment and on retaining them through engaging content, activities, and keeping the region running well. If the Speaker's office has other ideas for retention I would be open to hearing them. But ultimately I reject the premise of the question.

Have you considered who your cabinet would be for this coming term? Would it remain largely the same or would you be appointing new faces to positions?

I expect it will change in some instances and others will be new people. A bit of a shit answer but it is the honest one.

A phenomenal campaign from someone who’s been a phenomenal Delegate. What can I say? You have my support, of course

Thank you Robes, I appreciate that.

With regards to your FA agenda, do you currently have any UCRs in mind that you would like to include in your outreach work and improve relations with?

During your term as delegate so far you chose to open the embassy with TP, do you foresee any more relationship growth over this term?

With regards to your FA agenda, do you currently have any UCRs in mind that you would like to include in your outreach work and improve relations with?

During your term as delegate so far you chose to open the embassy with TP, do you foresee any more relationship growth over this term?

1) Caer Sidi, Thaecia, Canada, Thalassia to name a few.

2) I expect we will continue to work together as matters arise. If the progress of the Pacific made so far is a sign of how they will act in future then I think that would bode well for our future relations. But I have no specific plans.

Are we on the brink of World War 3 ?

The actions taken so far have been in the interests of peace and the whole world’s security. We are prepared for any possible action. I have a big button on my desk that I can use if I must. But this was not just a drive by in the hood, but still we do not seek regime change. We made the world great again today.

Last edited:
How would you rate the health of Nationstates as a whole?

How can the region improve the quality of the game for everyone?

There is only one McMasterdonia . . . there is also only one candidate that can truly be our next delegate. The first term was everything I thought it was going to be and more, and I know that your continuation as delegate will only make the region even greater. All my support is yours, McM. It is well deserved.

How would you rate the health of Nationstates as a whole?

How can the region improve the quality of the game for everyone?

That’s an interesting question. Overall I would rate it highly - probably an 8/10. I think there is a tendency to have some rose tinted glasses when it comes to the past. But I think overall, activity wise, and particularly with respect to international military action, the world is doing well. We are also seeing the emergence of new regions that are quickly taking strong places on the world stage. I am optimistic that those regions will prove long lasting.

I think we can improve the quality of the game for everyone by firstly leading a good region here. Our home is where many nations will start. We want them to have a peaceful and smooth introduction to the game (and hopefully to stay). Secondly we can be a positive actor on the world stage, which we always have been. Thirdly, we can help by using our extensive tools and resources to assist friendly regions in creating better and stronger communities.

There is only one McMasterdonia . . . there is also only one candidate that can truly be our next delegate. The first term was everything I thought it was going to be and more, and I know that your continuation as delegate will only make the region even greater. All my support is yours, McM. It is well deserved.

thanks Wondo ❤️

As mentioned by your current Vice Delegate, the tasks undertaken by the Del and the VD are quite different. Seeing as the VD is expected to act as Del in the occurrence that the current Del cannot continue their duties, it is not much of a stretch to wonder if the VD can actually take up the mantle properly. In view of this, do you think that this is a problem? Do you think that the VD's duties need to be revised, or potentially even given to a brand new position entirely?

As mentioned by your current Vice Delegate, the tasks undertaken by the Del and the VD are quite different. Seeing as the VD is expected to act as Del in the occurrence that the current Del cannot continue their duties, it is not much of a stretch to wonder if the VD can actually take up the mantle properly. In view of this, do you think that this is a problem? Do you think that the VD's duties need to be revised, or potentially even given to a brand new position entirely?

No, I do not think this is the problem, and yes, I believe the Vice Delegate is suited to take up the mantle properly.

In my view, the only time the Vice Delegate would ascend to the role of Delegate would be in the moment of a crisis. Whether that be by disappearance, sudden resignation, or recall. Even if the resignation is on amicable grounds, it would undeniably be a crisis. The Vice Delegate naturally by their position in-game and with their connection to the Security Council is best placed to take on that role given the circumstances, until an election can be held (special or otherwise).

In those circumstances, it will matter less how much the Vice Delegate is aware of the activities of individual ministries, or the politics of the Delegate's policies. What matters more is the Vice Delegate's unquestionable authority to step into those shoes in-game, and to command the military with that authority, and to coordinate the Security Council's response. Name recognition, trust, ability to heal divisions and be a leader, that is what would be useful.

There are some limited situations where I would tell the Vice Delegate I would be briefly absent - for instance on a long flight, or if I am feeling unwell. In those circumstances it is more of a temporary stewardship role and the cabinet ministers would continue to do their role uninterrupted.

I do not think an additional position is required or is there a need for a change to the position description. For example, I think it would be more problematic if there was an elected Deputy Delegate who would ascend when the Delegate was removed - in addition to the Vice Delegate (or some other title, possibly Chair of the SC). Particularly given how this could effect a recall and where the politics involved in a hand picked successor ascending could lead.

What do you think of a proposal that to make the Delegate and Vice-Delegate elected together on a single ticket, instead of our current system of electing them separately?

@mcmasterdonia Are you prepared to inevitably lose the War for Peace against the valiant forces of DEERSOC?
I'm a survivor, I'm not going to give up. I'm not gonna stop. I'm gonna work hard. I'm a survivor, I'm gonna make it. I will survive.
What do you think of a proposal that to make the Delegate and Vice-Delegate elected together on a single ticket, instead of our current system of electing them separately?
I would be strongly against. They are different positions and require different campaigns. Why should voters be forced to choose both if they only like one or the other? We have done joint ticket campaigns in the past for various reasons. I think they were a mistake.

Not sure how this hasn't been asked yet; IIRC @Dinoium has been the one to ask this. Who will be your desired cabinet if you get elected?

McM this has to be the best election thread I've *EVER* seen on NationStates or even real life

Heck it's just like a RL President; you even made a website

And it looks amazing

And so much information

You are a legend: setting new precedents for delegates, but not even...
setting new precedents for NS and beyond

Keep being your creative awe-inspiring self/work.
( yes, this entire thread is awe inspiring. A word that describes these past 2 terms of yours so far )

(I couldn't make it to the vote but looks like you won 90% anyway ^_^ I cast my vote in spirit) good luck and have fun ^^/ thank you for being a speculator TNP contributor and delegate ~~~

~yuno citizen bird

Last edited:
Back