mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Citizens,

I am pleased to announce the results of what I have shortened to the 'Activities Survey' but in reality is the survey that asks "Did you know all there is to do in The North Pacific?"

upload_2019-11-29_20-47-22.png

upload_2019-11-29_20-47-31.png

upload_2019-11-29_20-47-39.png

upload_2019-11-29_20-47-54.png

upload_2019-11-29_20-48-2.png

upload_2019-11-29_20-48-9.png

upload_2019-11-29_20-48-18.png

upload_2019-11-29_20-48-25.png

upload_2019-11-29_20-48-32.png

upload_2019-11-29_20-48-45.png

Citizens,

I apologise for splitting this out into so many posts, but there were too many results to fit into one. Perhaps this is indicative of the fact that we put too many questions in this survey. There were 46 responses to this survey.

I've summarised the comments from the Ministry, most of these are from @BluieGamer

• Almost everyone knows about the forum. Great!
  • The Regional Assembly is not that known. I think people don't realize that by becoming a citizen, you are automatically part of the RA, and instead they think you need to apply for it. This is perhaps also an issue that has arisen from how we drafted that question.
  • Almost everyone knows about the NPA, great!
  • A huge majority knows about TNP forum RP, great!
  • A sizable chunk of people don't know about Eras. This is consistent with the previous section's results: people know that TNP forum RP exists, but don't know details, like the map.There is an opportunity here for us to build upon this awareness in-game.
  • A majority of people know about the Exec Staff, good! 36% of the respondents are staffers. Which is a little low, but I guess Exec staff isn't for everyone.
  • Knowledge about the Ministries is somewhat balanced. It makes sense that Radio is the least known; after all, it is a new Ministry.
  • •A small chunk don't know about the cards giveaway, which IMO does make a little bit of sense, since we've not necessarily promoted this program as heavy as some of the others. Although maybe with the new Cards Guild, that will change.
  • TNPU is actually fairly known, despite never being advertised.
  • Some people don't know about the Press Releases? Perhaps they have their TGs blocked? Nevertheless, a majority of people read them, which is great :). It is also likely that this is a result of this term being the first one (in a while) where press releases have been sent out regularly.
  • Not a lot of people upvote the dispatches. I feel that they do know about the existence of the dispatches, and some read them, but forget or don't know that they should upvote. •18% don't know how to upvote? That's quite a few if you ask me. Do we need to make a tutorial on upvoting dispatches?
  • A quarter don't know about the IFVs? They must have their TGs blocked?
  • Quite a lot don't know about the forums polls. It kind of makes sense, because MoWAA just posts the link in the WA channel and just lets people stumble in there. There is definitely more we should do to promote the votes when they open on the RMB and other areas.
  • Hooray, lots of people read the handbook!
  • A surprising majority are familiar with the laws of TNP. That's good.

There's a missing label in the "Projects run by Ministry of Cultural Affairs" chart.

People may not know about the IFV program if they are not in the WA. :P

Quite a lot don't know about the forums polls. It kind of makes sense, because MoWAA just posts the link in the WA channel and just lets people stumble in there. There is definitely more we should do to promote the votes when they open on the RMB and other areas.
Actually, that's not true. The IFV TG, dispatch, and RMB post all link to the forum vote.

The dispatch link is a little more obscure ("Join our discussion"), because we've traditionally viewed dispatches as intended for nations outside TNP. But the other two are clearly labeled as "forum voting thread".

Obviously, non-WA nations don't get the TG, but they may still learn about the forum vote through the dispatch and RMB post.
18% don't know how to upvote? That's quite a few if you ask me. Do we need to make a tutorial on upvoting dispatches?
Part of it may be the confusion with terminology. The game talks of "approving" dispatches, rather than "upvoting". This is why many of our telegrams use the, somewhat awkward, phrasing "Please approve (upvote) this dispatch."

A dispatch with explicit instructions on how to upvote may help. Alternatively, we can have an image in each dispatch showing what people need to do (example 1, example 2), but that may mess up with our standard header.

Last edited:
One more:
The Regional Assembly is not that known. I think people don't realize that by becoming a citizen, you are automatically part of the RA, and instead they think you need to apply for it. This is perhaps also an issue that has arisen from how we drafted that question.
Bringing back the RA Digest could help address this. Additionally, some RA-specific gameside outreach would be useful to have.

Actually, that's not true. The IFV TG, dispatch, and RMB post all link to the forum vote.

The dispatch link is a little more obscure ("Join our discussion"), because we've traditionally viewed dispatches as intended for nations outside TNP. But the other two are clearly labeled as "forum voting thread".

Obviously, non-WA nations don't get the TG, but they may still learn about the forum vote through the dispatch and RMB post.

That is correct, yes.

However I’ve been thinking on that. Often the IFV goes out 24 hours or so into the vote.

I’m going to work with the GA’s to see if we can get the threads posted on the rmb as soon as they’re available, rather than waiting for the IFV.

Back