-
-
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Dreadton
Discord
Dreadton

Once again I am running for Speaker. I offer my previous campaign threads for your review. I believe I have shown a dedication to the region and the ability to enforce and follow our rules and regulations. The Speakership needs someone with the ability to execute the duties properly while being able to train the next generation of regional leaders. Participation in the region is vital to our continued success and citizenship is a major part of that.

I do not have any major projects planned for the Speakership, should I be elected, but I do have some goals I would like to achieve.

1. Monthly Citizenship Reports.

Much like the number of World Assembly nations and endorsements, the number of citizens within the region is a key indicator of regional health. I would like the Speaker to issue a report on the number of citizens applications processed and the number of citizens gained/loss during the month. This information can be used later on by the government to coordinate citizen and WA retention programs. The World Assembly has been the focus of the government as a measurement of regional health, but it is only one indicator. Citizenship retention and activity are another.

2. Adoption of Bill Tracking Indicators into the Regional Assembly Procedures.

Bill indicators showing the status of the bills before the Regional Assembly was positively received by the RA. When viewing the RA subform, a citizen should be able to see at first glance, the status of the bills before the Regional Assembly. I would like to formally adopt this practice into the standing procedures to ensure that this practice remains in effect across speakerships.

3. Deputies

Deputies are key to a strong Speakership. As I stated in my previous campaigns, I believe that my deputies should be mixed with new and experienced citizens. Providing an opportunity for new citizens to become a deputy and demonstrate a commitment to our region is vital for the next generation of leaders to emerge. My first position here in TNP was the Deputy Speakership. Artemis taking that chance on me gave me the opportunity to for the region to see my performance and for me to establish myself within the region.

As always, I welcome questions.

Barring situations in which a vote is moved for an immediate vote, what is the minimum time period you would schedule between scheduling the vote and the the vote beginning?

What is one rule you would add to the Rules of the Regional Assembly or the Standing Procedures and why?

What is one rule you would remove from the Rules of the Regional Assembly or the Standing Procedures and why?

What is one rule that you would change in the Rules of the Regional Assembly or the Standing Procedures and why?

Do you intend to maintain the separate Speaker's Server?

What is the biggest issue facing the office of the Speaker? How do you intend to address this issue?

Barring situations in which a vote is moved for an immediate vote, what is the minimum time period you would schedule between scheduling the vote and the the vote beginning?

Standing Procedures require all votes, except non-legislative votes to begin within 48 hours of the close of the formal debate period. For non-legislative votes, it would depend on the length of debate that has occurred and if there is a general consensus on the bill. I am reluctant to promise a set time for all non-legislative bills in a campaign thread. But I can say I generally would like to see at least 3-4 days of debate before something goes to vote.

What is one rule you would add to the Rules of the Regional Assembly or the Standing Procedures and why?

The Bill Marker Procedures as stated above.

What is one rule you would remove from the Rules of the Regional Assembly or the Standing Procedures and why?

There are no rules I would like to remove at this time.

What is one rule that you would change in the Rules of the Regional Assembly or the Standing Procedures and why?

There are no rules I would change at this time

Do you intend to maintain the separate Speaker's Server?

Yes. While there has been discussion about consolidating the Speaker's Server with the general server, have a separate server is useful for digital security.

What is the biggest issue facing the office of the Speaker? How do you intend to address this issue?

Currently, the Speakership is struggling with the procedure and rules of the Regional Security and there seems to be a lack of confidence in the Speaker's Office. The only thing that can restore and correct that is for the Speaker's Office is for the next Speaker to demonstrate the knowledge required for the position.

Thank you for your answers. Some clarification please.

1. Could you please be more specific for non-legislative votes? The days of debate is not really what I'm asking about.

2. Why is a separate server necessary for digital security?

Also, if a vote in cancelled due to the objections of the citizenry, then, another vote is motioned for. How do you act?

I must ask, what changed from your very recent post in your EC confirmation debate?
I do not plan on standing in the January election. I have a major RL project resolving in February that will prevent me from being 100% available in that month. I haven't planned further out from that.

Thank you for your answers. Some clarification please.

1. Could you please be more specific for non-legislative votes? The days of debate is not really what I'm asking about.
I cannot give you a better answer than that. If a non-legislative bill is proposed and moves to vote within two days, then it is likely that the vote would be scheduled at least 3 days out. That has generally be the practice of past speakers and one I do not see a reason to end. Circumstances matter and I can not predict all possibilities and how I would act in each.

2. Why is a separate server necessary for digital security?

It is no necessary, just beneficial. Like most companies, discord servers are located in different areas of the country in order to provide the best experience for the client. DSN attack occur all the time. With a Speaker only server, you can control who enters the discord, which can limit discord raiding. I found the server useful for training and coordinating Speakership activities. While those can to some extent exist on the General server, this current setup works and I do not see an immediate need to consolidate servers.

Also, if a vote in cancelled due to the objections of the citizenry, then, another vote is motioned for. How do you act?

Once a vote starts (i.e. The vote thread is open for votes,) there is no cancelling it. After the vote starts, 1/3 of the citizenry may object to the duration of the vote which would require me to extend the vote to the maximum permitted time. If you are referring to a citizen objecting to the scheduling of the vote, then the required three votes must be met (Rule 1.3.) After that, it would take 1/3 of the citizenry to restart the vote(Rule 1.4) Although rule 1.4 only mentions legislative votes, I see no reason why it should not apply to Non-legislative votes.

It is no necessary, just beneficial. Like most companies, discord servers are located in different areas of the country in order to provide the best experience for the client. DSN attack occur all the time. With a Speaker only server, you can control who enters the discord, which can limit discord raiding. I found the server useful for training and coordinating Speakership activities. While those can to some extent exist on the General server, this current setup works and I do not see an immediate need to consolidate servers.

Once a vote starts (i.e. The vote thread is open for votes,) there is no cancelling it. After the vote starts, 1/3 of the citizenry may object to the duration of the vote which would require me to extend the vote to the maximum permitted time. If you are referring to a citizen objecting to the scheduling of the vote, then the required three votes must be met (Rule 1.3.) After that, it would take 1/3 of the citizenry to restart the vote(Rule 1.4) Although rule 1.4 only mentions legislative votes, I see no reason why it should not apply to Non-legislative votes.
The lack of specificity in your first answer is noted.

I believe the fear of a raid to be unfounded—TNP's General server has security setup and even if someone were to gain access, they would not have access to the Speaker's Office.

My last question is about the vote being cancelled ahead of time. Can you answer the question in that case?

And another question: would you support expanding FOI to the Speakers' Office?

The lack of specificity in your first answer is noted.

I believe the fear of a raid to be unfounded—TNP's General server has security setup and even if someone were to gain access, they would not have access to the Speaker's Office.

My last question is about the vote being cancelled ahead of time. Can you answer the question in that case?

If you are referring to a citizen objecting to the scheduling of the vote, then the required three votes must be met (Rule 1.3.) After that, it would take 1/3 of the citizenry to restart the vote(Rule 1.4) Although rule 1.4 only mentions legislative votes, I see no reason why it should not apply to Non-legislative votes.

And another question: would you support expanding FOI to the Speakers' Office?

Yes.

I lied.

What are your thoughts on your opponent's idea of implementing a quiz-type event on the RA laws? Is this something you would be interested in doing?

If you are not elected, would you be willing to serve as a Deputy Speaker? If you are elected, would you be willing to have your opponent as a Deputy Speaker?

I must ask, what changed from your very recent post in your EC confirmation debate?

The project that was going to consume my time in February was split into phases and extended. I was also able to find someone to fill in a vacancy on the project team. So the amount of extra time I was allocating to the project was greatly reduced. I can't really go into more detail about that side of things, but it did remove the major stumbling block for running. I did not want to run with the project looming over me that early in a term because, if I was elected I expect to be able to perform my duties during the full duration of my term. With that project, I could not truthful commit to the position. That has since changed and been finalized to my satisfaction.

I lied.

What are your thoughts on your opponent's idea of implementing a quiz-type event on the RA laws? Is this something you would be interested in doing?
Its rather novel and something I would be willing to explore.

If you are not elected, would you be willing to serve as a Deputy Speaker? If you are elected, would you be willing to have your opponent as a Deputy Speaker?

I am always willing to serve in any capacity the government may want me and Yes, I would be willing to have my opponent server as Deputy Speaker.

How would you like to improve the citizenship process?
What are your thoughts on Speakers participating in the debate and casting votes that could potentially pass or fail a piece of legislation?

It’s been some time since you’ve been within the Speaker’s Office yourself, and your opponent is currently serving as a Deputy Speaker of the Regional Assembly. What did your excursion to the Judiciary teach you and what do think is the most valuable lesson you learned since you last ran for Speaker? I’m assuming that a lot of your positions haven’t changed since you linked previous campaigns of yours above your currently ongoing one, but are there any thoughts of yours that have envolved due to your seeing law through the eyes of a Justice?

Did you learn anything from your time as justice that you think will be useful if you are elected Speaker of the Regional Assembly?

Do you feel that the Speaker of the RA should be an impartial figure, or would you be open to voicing potentially strong political opinions on matters before the assembly?

How would you like to improve the citizenship process?

I do not think there is anything to improve on at this time.

What are your thoughts on Speakers participating in the debate and casting votes that could potentially pass or fail a piece of legislation?

Do you feel that the Speaker of the RA should be an impartial figure, or would you be open to voicing potentially strong political opinions on matters before the assembly?

All citizens, regardless of their position, are entitled to present their views and vote on a bill. I do not plan on keeping quiet on matters I would personally consider important. I will make it clear when I am speaking as myself and not as the Speaker. I, of course, will not conduct Speaker activities on bills I present to the Regional Assembly. I also do not think that the RA will follow me, simply because I am the speaker.

What did your excursion to the Judiciary teach you and what do think is the most valuable lesson you learned since you last ran for Speaker? I’m assuming that a lot of your positions haven’t changed since you linked previous campaigns of yours above your currently ongoing one, but are there any thoughts of yours that have envolved due to your seeing law through the eyes of a Justice?
Did you learn anything from your time as justice that you think will be useful if you are elected Speaker of the Regional Assembly?
Before I ran for justice, I did not realize how restrictive our sentencing is. I was rather happy that the court's authority was narrowed in the manner. I also learned that no matter what you do, people will second guess you and your reasoning.

Do you have any plans regarding the Regional Assembly Digest?

I want the RA Digest to continue within the Northern Lights. I think that it is important to keep that as part of our regional history. But I do not think there is enough regional assembly activity to justify a stand-alone RA digest. I have had thoughts of the Speakership sending out telegrams notifying the region of bills and nominations before the RA. This is in the preliminary stage and not well fleshed out, but I think it is a tool that can keep our region informed and improve activity.

Do you support Greitbert’s fight against false information?

The only way for Greitbert to fight fake news is if they stop their presses and close their doors.

What is your view on the power to table?

After that, it would take 1/3 of the citizenry to restart the vote(Rule 1.4) Although rule 1.4 only mentions legislative votes, I see no reason why it should not apply to Non-legislative votes.

You seem to suggest that the rule is unclear in regards to the proposals it applies to, why do you think that?

All citizens, regardless of their position, are entitled to present their views and vote on a bill. I do not plan on keeping quiet on matters I would personally consider important. I will make it clear when I am speaking as myself and not as the Speaker. I, of course, will not conduct Speaker activities on bills I present to the Regional Assembly. I also do not think that the RA will follow me, simply because I am the speaker.

Are there any concerns you think members may have in relation to a Speaker taking express stances on their proposals and proposals they support or detract?

How many Deputies will you appoint? What are specific traits that you are looking for? How much of the workload will you share with them? Do you think that the Speaker's office should take on or reduce responsibilities, and if yes, what?

Back