The Luscova Pact

"Sadly the Syndicalists allowed for baseless bigotry to consume them, leading to the horrid massacre of those who were religious, Rayvostoka has never and will never persecute those who are religious, seeing as in and of itself the Communist party is a Messianist Communist party. Built on the teachings of Christ and infused with normal communist doctrine. But upsettingly and much to our displeasure, they persisted with their militant atheism and evil slaughter, and yes we have had a troubled past but we also believe that our troubled past has allowed us to not only improve our ways of doing things and to make life better for all." Menshev took another sip of his water.

"On that note," Sharma continued, turning to Vargen, "sir, it is the values of the Pact we all seek to defend here not just each time we meet here but on a daily basis. It is in their name and nothing less that myself, Mr. Frigo, and others here today stand firmly against communism in this assembly, instead of standing firmly with the people of Predice and Rayvostoka."

Vargen felt his anger begin to rise, the smug and self-righteous suchari diplomat was about to get the verbal equivalent of an Essalanean cavalry charge

"When this organisation was founded in Astissa my king proclaimed a new era for international relations, the pact was to be a development alliance open to all nations seeking to rise from the ashes and more importantly one free from manipulation and the internal politics of its members, Yet now you have the gall to stand where he stood and lecture us on the values of this organisation! Well, I can tell you now Syrixian that you clearly didn't read the charter very well when you joined, allow me to educate you!

Do I like Rayvostoka? not overmuch, their desire for worldwide revolution does not inspire great confidence in their ambitions, do I care about their communist ideology? not in the slightest. This Pact was designed as an open forum to foster greater international unity, to aid struggling nations in developing free from the domination of greater powers. Yet now you stand here and proclaim an anti-communist crusade and try and take the moral high ground! Your nation has a long and murky history of plotting and opportunism, you tried to invade us...for all the good that did you, you tried to manipulate Highton's elections and you continue to try and dominate this pact with your imperialist agenda and now you think to smugly grin and lecture me on the values of a Pact that my Nation was a founding member of! I will not have it!

Proclaim the evils of communism all you want! Grandstand and tell us you are morally superior simply because your bruised ego still smarts at the beating your "empire" received from Skanda. But don't tell me it's for the Pact's or Predice's benefit, you are simply continuing your government's time-honoured tradition of meddling. I stand with Predice as does my nation, we will offer any aid we can for her war, I will even say that the timing of this application is utterly ill-chosen to the point where I wonder if Rayvostoka has bothered to check the news. But I will not allow the values that this pact stands for to be tainted by Syrixian propaganda!" Vargen yelled all but enraged by now

He sat back in his chair and felt his blood boil

Nation Name: United Clans of Essalanea
Admit the Peoples Republic of Rayvostoka? < Abstain >

Last edited:
Sharma simply rolled her eyes.

Nation Name: Syrixian Empire
Admit the Peoples Republic of Rayvostoka? < NAY >

Last edited:
"Mr. Menshev," Sif replied, "it was not just the faithful the Syndicalists slaughtered. Nearly every walk of life was impacted by their dictatorship. Even the old Syndicalist heartlands have little love for that regime. And your government proclaims your support for world revolution? We have had it. We suffered because of it. We don't want the future you insist upon."

"Further," she continued, "the Prydanian Realm will not support any admission into this alliance that will draw it into a war. You claim you wish for LP protections against the Imperium Saudivici. Prydania has no desire to send its young men and women to die in Aurora for your sake, not after fifteen years of war and abuses at the hands of your ideological allies."

Sif looked over at Albane. She knew he was a former Syndicalist. His background made that likely to even an untrained eye.
She was not unused to this. Most Syndicalists were pardoned in Prydania. There were even former Syndicalists on her staff back home- it was a tense situation. There were still many raw wounds, but these people had received the King's mercy- if they took that mercy and aided in helping rebuild their country, if they committed themselves to peace, then who was she to hold it against them?
It was hard at times, but made easier in some cases. Albane's dedication to his own nation's future and Sif's own professional respect for him made it easier to handle.

She got on, however, with casting her nation's vote.

Nation Name: Kingdom of Prydania
Admit the Peoples Republic of Rayvostoka? < NAY >

Albane sighed deeply. " This came at the absolute worst possible time. I know my government is going to regret this. But we will not be bullied, threatened, bribed, what have you... To cast aside the founding ideas and beliefs that made this pact."

Nation Name: Empire of Norsia
Admit the Peoples Republic of Rayvostoka? <AYE>

"Mr. Menshev, if you are somehow admitted into this pact you agree and vow to leave your countries world revolution at the door. you agree to leave ideology at the door. you come and stand with us as equals to better the member countries of the pact equally and uplift your fellow members from the ashes of ruin. If you are admitted into this pact and your countries integrity is then found wanting you will be shown the door."

"Of course." Menshev nodded his head, for a nation led by Tsarists they seem to be more level-headed and reasonable than most of these other diplomats.

Nation Name: Second Arcanstotskan Republic
Admit the Peoples Republic of Rayvostoka? < ABSTAIN >

Last edited:
Frigo stands up once again.
“I was a soldier, like you, Albane. I was taken prisoner by the communists who tortured me.”
He pauses, gathering his composure, and puts in Predice’s vote.

Nation Name: Most Serene State of Predice
Admit the People’s Republic of Rayvostoka? < NAY >

“Now, Mister Albane” Frigo begins as he takes his cane and begins walking towards Albane.
“Fight me like a man.”
He begins to cane Albane while shouting words like “Communist piece of shit!” and “traitorous bastard!”
Albane throws several punches back, before the bloody men are separated by security.

Last edited:
Albane got up off the floor coughing and toweling blood out of his mouth, he returned to his seat with a groan as staff looked him over. "I think... I can safely say what my government would want me to say... This Pact is broken... It is a house divided.. We need to start efforts on making a Third Treaty of Luscova. or let the Pact die. And that will be over my dead body."

Sharma had stood up, hand over her mouth, as Frigo was brutally beating the First Secretary of the Luscova Pact. She was there to defend the Empire's interests, and that meant stopping Rayvostoka's entrance at all costs - but this? This was too far. The games end when people are lying bloodied on the floor.

"That was beyond uncivilized." she said, still shaken from what everyone had just witnessed. "We will be the first to sign this proposed treaty, First Secretary. This has gone much too far."

Utyushin sprang up to his feet at the sight of two representatives - formal, civil diplomats - engaged in fighting with each other.

“Enough! This is barbaric! We are meant to be here so to solve our problems through peaceful discussion, not open violence! We are meant to be civil and formal representatives of our nations, not street fighters! This is chaos, this is madness, and above all else, this is shameful!”

He sat back down and leaned into the mic, “I agree with Representative Albane - there are issues within this Pact’s system of operating here which need to be assessed and addressed.”

"Clearly." Menshev stood up and walked out of the chamber and into the hall, he had other business in Antissa to tend to other than this tribal drivel.

Vargen didn't get up from his seat, he'd seen enough brawls in the grand moot's assembly chamber to know how this would play out. He was curious as to how Gaiseric would react when he relayed the news that the unhorsed were fighting like chieftains. It was with a confusing mix of familiarity that he observed the two politicians being pried apart by security, the whole thing reminded him of home and that was both comforting and extremely concerning.

"Ziu help us" he muttered with a mirthless grin

The calls for a third treaty of Luscova were already being voiced, this little spat would either kill the Pact stone dead or change it forever.

Sif Kjær sighed.

"There will be much talk condemning Ambassador Frigo, and much wailing about the principles of this pact. I suspect there will be much talk of Syrixian influence leading to Rayvostoka's rejection."

Sif shook her head.

"Perhaps the Syrixians bring that on themselves. Their actions in Highton don't help matters, but I think I can speak for Ambassador Frigo when I say Prydania and Predice would both have rejected the Rayvostokan delegation even if Syrixia were not a member of this pact."

She looked around at the assembled delegates.

"Prydania and Predice both bare the scars of left wing revolutionary ideology. Our concerns were aired and what did our allies do? They lectured us on the Pact's principles. What did Rayvostoka's delegate say? He patronized us with the diplomatic equivalent of 'real communism has never been tried.'"

"So," she continued, "with Rayvostoka patronizing us and our allies lecturing us we voted Nay. And our allies wail about the future of the Pact and its principles. Did the Clans of Essalanea, the Norsian Empire, the SAR, did they attempt understand Predice and Prydania? Did they reach out to us to seek compromise or find a way forward that addressed our concerns? No. Instead we were patronized by a Rayvostokan and lectured by our allies."

"If any of you feel attacked, blamed, or otherwise targeted by this, don't be. I don't speak here to wag fingers, but to speak a very real truth that needs to be said. Prydania and Predice's perspectives aren't going to be ignored or brushed aside. If this Pact honestly and truly wants to move past this, and build off of this in a productive way then reach out and understand us. You all know the histories of our countries. You know what our peoples have been through. Choose to engage with us to address our concerns. Then we can move forward."

"I am not so naive thoigh," Sif insisted, "as to say this sort of thing without a proper show of good faith. The Kingdom of Prydania is willing to consider voting for Rayvostoka's admission if certain conditions are met. Is the rest of the Pact willing to consider such a compromise?"

Albane looked to Sif still being treated by the medics, an assistant coming in with a bag of ice. Albane seems disarmed after the fight, he looks to Sif and the rest of the assembly. "I must apologize to you Miss Kjaer, and to you Mr. Frigo. I have insulted you both and your countries, and this chamber. I got too heated and lost sense of myself and the big picture."

Albane rolls his shoulder stiffly, the one that suffered Frigo's cane the most.

"I am willing to consider compromises. I want to hear what you have in mind."

Fetched by an Aide, Menshev returned to the chamber from his absence he sat back down in his chair and requested a transcript so as to understand what he missed. The aide gave him the transcript and he quickly read through the document. "I agree with Mr. Albane, my government is willing to compromise for the sake of our admission."

"Herra* Albane," Sif began, "I won't make excuses for Herra Frigo's assault against you. It was uncalled for, however much I may understand his frustrations. With that said, thank you for your understanding."

"Herra Menshev, you have stated that your government seeks membership as a means to discourage attacks from the Eastern Imperium*. This Pact contains a mutual defence article. I will be blunt. The Prydanian Realm considers the Eastern Imperium a trade partner and has no desire to send its young men and women to fight and die against it for the benefit of a state such as yours that preaches world revolution. An ideology that undermines the sovereignty and self-determination of the peoples who you wish to join with."

Sif went through some notes before looking up again.

"The Prydanian Realm, however, is willing to cast a vote in favour of your nation's admittance if these concerns are addressed. First, we require that the Rayvostokan government disavow the ideology of world revolution and recognize the sovereignty and legitimacy of every Luscova Pact member's government. Your nation wish to join this family of nations. It is not unreasonable to expect that your government recognize the right of self-determination among Pact nations. Even if they embrace governments and ideologies at odds with your own. We see no reason to vote for Rayvostoka's inclusion here if the Rayvostokan government cannot extend this basic curtesy."

Sif looked over her notes again before looking up once more.

"Secondly, the Prydanian Realm is exhausted from fifteen years of civil war and armed conflict. Our military is in the process of re-organizing along a defensive footing. There is no appetite among my government, my King, or my people to send Prydanian men and women to Aurora to die in your conflicts. As such the Kingdom of Prydania will request that the Peoples Republic of Rayvostoka demilitarize its frontier with the Eastern Imperium as a sign of good faith to the Luscova Pact that it will not be aggressor in any Auroran conflict."

*Herra- Mr.
*Eastern Imperium- Imperium Saudivici

Last edited:
Menshev's aide whispered into his ear, after a brief moment Menshev turned to Sif. "We accept your terms, wholeheartedly in the hope to promote friendship and understanding between Rayvostoka and the apprehensive members of the pact. We can begin the demilitarization immediately and we would hope that this pact would assist us in the signing of some sort of Non-aggression pact with the Imperium to prevent any further thoughts of conflict." He took a sip of water.

Frigo sits on the ground, being tended to by medics. He had a case of a broken nose. He sits there quietly for a while, eyeing his broken cane, before uttering: “Damn it Albane, you broke my cane!”
Soliciting an audible laugh from Albane.
“Well I... I apologise to you, Mr. Albane. My... attack was completely inappropriate.”

Albane smiled making him wince a little. "You broke my face!" letting out another chuckle he continued. "Want help getting back to your seat? so we can continue the vote proper?"
Albane looked to Sif briefly. "Pardon the interruption, but I want to get this out here before I forget. the defense aspect of this pact is optional. rather than having them demilitarize territories and leave themselves open to the Imperium, why not simply opt out? Yes it's not what Rayvostoka wants but it would solve the issue present right now, the issue of our men and women going off to die in Auroria."

He looked back to Frigo.

“Agh I think I can get back to my seat.”
Frigo begins to stagger back, managing to get to his seat.
“Sorry about the face, by the way. Anyway, back to business. In my opinion we should come back to this after the present war concludes, though if we have to deal with this immediately, I feel like Sif’s option is the best.”

Sharma sighed. At this point she could no longer simply continue on the way she had been. She was stuck between a rock and a hard place - on one hand, heads would roll if she continued to have a role in the Pact's integrity being further endangered. On the other hand, however, heads would also roll if she, on behalf of the Empire, flatly accepted a communist state into the Pact simply because of this altercation. Either she'd be blamed for another foreign relations catastrophe, this time during election season, or she'd be branded as a bleeding-heart. There was, however, a possible third path, but it wouldn't completely satisfy the Government in either way. It was, however, the lesser of the possible evils.

"We commend Mr. Menshev's willingness, on behalf of his government, to disavow radical ideology and to thereby pledge not to carry out subversive activities. In regards to the demilitarization issue, however, we concur with Norsia. It's no secret that the Imperium has recently embarked upon a campaign of grandstanding on the world stage and exporting its influence, especially in Auroria and Meterra. It would be easier and more advantageous for the security of the Pact for Rayvostoka to simply opt out of mutual defense, so that only those who wish to defend them can do so."

Vargen chuckled inwardly, maybe these old unhorsed had some of the clans spirit after all. Often when a bout had ended their would be humour and reconciliation, it seemed so with Albane and Frigo.

The Prydanians had seemingly bridged the division with their proposal, as far as Vargen was concerned a better offer was unlikely to come. It was time to back ideals with action.

"Essalanea will change its vote to an aye in recognition of Rayvostoka's willingness to renounce world wide revolution and join our family of nations"

"It is an aye from the united clans of Essalanea, provided the people's republic upholds its promise to adhere to the terms of the proposed agreement" Vargen said without standing

The Kingdom of Faltsu would like to request admittance into the Luscova Pact for the purposes of Economy, Infrastructure, and Defense.

Sharma looked over the final agreement after discussions had concluded and it had been passed around. The nonaggression pact was still there, but the border demilitarization was gone. This wasn't ideal, but it was damn good enough.

Nation Name: Syrixian Empire
Admit the People's Republic of Rayvostoka? < AYE >

After submitting her vote, Sharma leaned into her mic.

"I'd also like to state at this time our support for Faltsu's application. Faltsu is a center of trade and cross-cultural pollination between Auroria and the West. Pact membership would strengthen both, and us in return."

Nation Name: Second Arcanstotskan Republic
Admit the People's Republic of Rayvostoka? < AYE >

Utyushin, after having cast his vote, arose to speak. "The Second Arcanstotskan Republic shall support the application of the Kingdom of Faltsu."

Frigo begins: "I propose a new deal. Rayvostoka must sign a binding agreement, in which they are stipulated to: disavow worldwide revolutionary ideas, hold free and fair elections 4 years after the agreement is signed, and allow LP observers in. If any of these points are violated, Rayvostoka will be ejected and embargoed by all members."

"On the matter of Rayvostoka's admittance, Prydania will change its Nay vote to Aye under the conditions stated by the Predician delegation."

Last edited:
Menshev's aide returned to his ear, a long pause ensued. The aide after a long exchange pulled away from the ambassador's ear, Menshev was surprised but who was he to question the party. "The People's Republic of Rayvostoka accepts these terms, so long as we are treated fairly and our cooperation is met with friendship, we will not deny such an offer even if it may be slightly unorthodox."

Last edited:
"We will get the papers drafted and printed up immediately." Albane looking down at his laptop, nodding. "And on a related note, The Imperium has asked to send a representative, given that these matters do involve them, I have approved their request."

The representative of the Imperium walked into the chamber, it was a controlled calm walk. He took the time to look directly at the Syrixian and the Rayvotokan representatives. Marcus gripped his speech he had prepared a bit harder as he saw them. Ever since he had hear that Rayvostoka was trying to enter the LP he was sure that the Goyanians had something to do with it due to their Syrixian Lap dogs being part of this pact. Marcus took a moment to wave to the Prydania and Predican representatives, there was a friend and a worthy competitor respectively. The representative from Mondari was greeted with a hardy wave. As he got in position to speak he took sip of water and adjusted his tie:

"Ladies and Gentlemen of this assembly, my name is Marcus Crassus Flavian. I come before you with some information from my government, we are happy to come to some sort of agreement with your pact in order to have the nation of Rayvostoka enter. We are even willing to look past the poor light that the Syrixians have portrayed us in. We have come with two proposals sent by the state department of His Imperial majesty. Consul Constantine also has asked to specifically come and send our condolences to Predice who is fighting the red viper as we speak. I am not hear to speak ill of the nation of Rayvostoka as you are well aware of the sins that they have perpetuated and the rhetoric that they have spewed. It would be hypocritical for me to say it and not acknowledge what my state has done to peoples. What I am here to do is speak on the worry that my government has that Rayvostoka is using this pact as a way to protect itself from the Imperium, in a way act with impunity. We are well aware that the Syrixian Empire is uncomfortable with our position in Meterra, we are trying to find a way in which the tensions can subside. We are looking to find some kind of agreement with not only this pact, but with the Syrixian Empire and Rayvokstoka. We are speaking to these nations directly due to the well known nature of Syrixian diplomacy, and we would like to maintain operations that would not revoke our sovereignty. We hope that the combined wisdom of this chamber can temper some of the demands of certain nations that would be too much for any Diplomat to accept. I have been given terms, all of which are negotiable, by my government. One, the Imperium suggests a hold on Rayvostoka to gain the ability to gain the mutual defense clause, and two for Syrixia not be allowed to have troops in Auroria, unless the mutual defense pact is activated, as Auroria has been placed under our military protection circa the Constantine doctrine of 1860."

With the end of his proposal he sat down and prepared for the negotiations to come, he knew that there would be more demands however, he was hoping to get something done here.

Last edited:
Back