Eras Claim Hiatus Thread

Date Hiatus Begins: May 20th, 2021
Expected Date of Return: June 25th, 2021
Reason for Request: Academics. Need all the time I can muster for the completion of outputs.

Date Hiatus Begins: June 20th, 2021
Expected Date of Return: December 1st, 2021
Reason for request: Personal reasons relating to work schedule, upcoming move, and the resulting job search.

Date Hiatus Begins: September 1st, 2021
Expected Date of Return: December 20th, 2021? May need to extend this eventually!
Reason for Request: University + job starting, very little time that I have to write

Date Hiatus Begins: 9/30/2021
Expected Date of Return: 10/30/2021
Reason for Request: New job baby, gotta focus and look like I know what I'm doing

Date Hiatus Begins: January 9, 2022
Expected Date of Return: February 9, 2022
Reason for Request: I think I just need to take a break for a little bit, get my mind on other things for a while.

Date Hiatus Begins: 15 April 2022
Expected Date of Return: Unknown
Reason For Request: I feel the need to take some time off of RP, rethink things, and get myself into the right headspace. 2021 was a bad year for me and the emotional and mental slog from last year has carried over into the present. I'm going on hiatus to recharge, work on myself, see a therapist, etc. so when I come back I can actually put out some half-decent effort into this community.

Date Hiatus Begins: April 28, 2022
Expected Date of Return: May 30, 2022
Reason for Request: Academic demands (AP/SAT testing)

Date Hiatus Begins: Sept. 14th, 2022
Expected Date of Return: November 1st, 2022
Reason for Request: I'll be doing outdoor field work entirely disconnected from the internet for a chunk of this time, and the remainder of which I'll be doing training out-of-province. I can't guarantee how much free time I will have and a significant portion of that might be occupied with my normal job duties in addition to the training I'll be doing. I should be returning to my home in early November after which I can continue posting as normal. With that in mind, I'd like to request this hiatus until my return around Nov. 1st.

Date Hiatus Begins: August 29, 2022
Expected Date of Return: December 20, 2022
Reason for Request: Health issues with family members + school + work

Date Hiatus Begins: 5 September 2022, effective immediately.
Expected Date of Return: 1 December 2022.
Reason for Request: I’m currently doing online courses as part of an effort to pursue my chosen career path, and need to focus on those for the time being. Additionally, I’ve been questioning my own interests in Eras recently, and feel to need to reconsider whether to continue as is or start with a clean slate (either here or elsewhere).

Last edited:
Date Hiatus Begins: September 17 2022
Expected Date of Return: October 10 2022
Reason for Request:
Mounting mental health issues + trying to find a job. 2022 has been a bad year for me and I can't find the energy or time to make posts. I will try when I can.

Date hiatus begins: 27/10/2022
Expected date of return: 31/12/2022
Reason for request: overall current demotivation with RP manifests into a lack of interest or ability to write posts currently.

Date Hiatus Begins: September 17 2022
Expected Date of Return: October 10 2022
Reason for Request:
Mounting mental health issues + trying to find a job. 2022 has been a bad year for me and I can't find the energy or time to make posts. I will try when I can.
I am extending my hiatus, I do not know when I will return, but I know I will eventually. most likely sometime after New Year. my mental health has gotten worse and I don't want to do much of anything, still can't manage to score a job and I'm trying to move within the next year, a goal which is starting to look flat-out impossible.

Date Hiatus Begins: 29 November 2022
Expected Date of Return: hopefully 31 January 2023
Reason for Request: Personal/Family Issues

Hi. I need to extend my hiatus because of even more Personal/Family Issues. Thank you.

Date Hiatus Begans: 29 November 2022
Expected Date of Return: hopefully 31 March 2023
Reason for Request: Personal/Family Issues

Date Hiatus Begins: Jan 29th
Expected Date of Return: Feb 16th.
Reason for Request:
A new role at work will have me away from home for a time and unable to post.

Date Hiatus Begins: February 5, 2023
Expected Date of Return: Undetermined
Reason for Request: Leaving indefinitely (might return at some point), wanted it to be known that, if possible, I'd like Callise to be taken under the care of the moderation team so Pry and others can resolve dangling RP threads.

Date Hiatus Begins: 15 March 2023
Expected Date of Return: around June
Reason for Request: Personal issues - writing dissertation, doing a head coach course. No time for anything. At least players, who have unseen messages from me for weeks, have time for reading them

Date Hiatus Begins: 29 November 2022
Expected Date of Return: hopefully 15 May 2023
Reason for Request: I will be out for work and travel in the next month or so.

Date Hiatus Begins: 30 March 2023
Expected Date of Return: Aiming 30 of June 2023
Reason for Request: Family Issues ( Suddenly became worse and requires immediate attention) / Personal Issues

Date Hiatus Begins: June 8th
Expected Date of Return: July 10th
Reason for Request: Work. I will be travelling out-of-province for work over the next month, including a time without internet access.

Date Hiatus Begins: August 30, 2023
Expected Date of Return: Late December
Reason for Request: Mental health issues, final year of schooling

Date Hiatus Begins: January 26th, 2024
Expected Date of Return: March 15th, 2024
Reason for Request: Will be travelling overseas for some time. Not sure if I'll be able to post regularly.

Date Hiatus Begins: 1 January 2024, effective immediately.
Expected Date of Return: 30 April 2024.
Reason for Request: Will be devoting most of my free time to studying for certification exams, which I plan to take in a few months time.

Date Hiatus Begins: 21 March 2024
Expected Date of Return: 1 June 2024
Reason for Request: Travel and Work

Back