The Late Justice Returns from the Grave.

Just a Lore

Eldritch Horror that Plagues Eras Cartography
-
-
Pronouns
He/They/Any
TNP Nation
Frances_Francis_the_First_of_Frances
Discord
Just_a_Lore
Its your favorite Two Term Justice that has been out of the Courts for exactly one term. (If you make it specific enough it can't be a lie.)

I'm not going to pump you guys up with platitudes or promises. So I am just going to make this in the style of my past Judicial Elections (See Below) and open this up for comments and questions.

CUAtM.png

Also campaign logo is still in effect. #LordLore #MapJesus #Campaign #Logo #HashtagsForNoReason

Good to see you running LL. Looking forward to seeing the results of this election.

What are your thoughts on Justices being appointed by the Delegate and confirmed by the Regional Assembly for a six month term?

What are your thoughts on the perennial concern that reviews take a significant amount of time to finish?
Do you believe the CRaP should be updated to consider a more realistic time frame?
Do you believe the period for submitting briefs should also be extended to give those more time to be drafted as well?
Do you believe the Court should endeavor to check in with the public review thread with updates on a regular basis?
What are your thoughts on the idea that the Court rarely sees new faces on the bench?

Good to see you running LL. Looking forward to seeing the results of this election.

What are your thoughts on Justices being appointed by the Delegate and confirmed by the Regional Assembly for a six month term?

My thoughts are that would turn the Court from a Co-Equal Branch with the Executive and Legislature and transform it into Fiefdom of the Executive for the Delegate to gift out seats to their friends or anyone friendly with them. And it would make it so that any Review or Criminal Case involving the Executive branch would be automatically conflicted, generally not interested to turn the Court into a Ministry,

On the term change I am not opposed to a 6 month term. Many regions have a longer term for their judiciary and for a reason (mainly because Judiciaries by their natures tend to have less activity as reactionary bodies).

What are your thoughts on the perennial concern that reviews take a significant amount of time to finish?
Do you believe the CRaP should be updated to consider a more realistic time frame?
Do you believe the period for submitting briefs should also be extended to give those more time to be drafted as well?
Do you believe the Court should endeavor to check in with the public review thread with updates on a regular basis?
What are your thoughts on the idea that the Court rarely sees new faces on the bench?

1.) Honestly I don't love that many reviews take so long to conclude, there are some issues that you don't want to rush though and the Judiciary should be very transparent on what stage they are at and where the court currently is and how long they project it to take and explain why these marks aren't currently being met.

2.) I honestly do. I suggested updating rules and procedures to replace timetables that never get met with more transparency but nothing really came of it.

3.) I don't really have a concrete position on this but I am more then willing to have a conversation about it and consider adopting a change.

4.) Yes, I hate to repeat myself but public updates and transparency are a good thing.

5.) I honestly don't see that as overall too much of a problem. I would also say its not entirely accurate. Just look at last year, 6 people held the office of Justice last year of which 2 where new to the Judiciary (myself and Limerick).

Back