Dino for Speaker January 2019: Finally a humble nation for the job!

The biggest challenge I think i'll have is people attempting to hurt me in my proposed Speaker Question Time.

Can you expand on this answer? Why do you think people would attempt to hurt you? In what way do you envision them going about this?

Can you expand on this answer? Why do you think people would attempt to hurt you? In what way do you envision them going about this?
The way how I see them hurting me is that they'll find questions tough for me answer and if I don't say the right thing, I don't think that'll turn out very well for me. I think they'll only go about this is if they see a flaw in my Administration (if elected) and will try to expand on that by giving tough questions that could hurt my reputation as a Speaker and probably overall. I feel it promotes transperancy and let's the fellow citizens try to challenge me with questions but I need to be careful not to hurt my reputation along the way.

I can say that critique very much comes with the office. That is an inescapable reality. I think it really is about first, how you let it affect you, and second what you do about the things they are critiquing you on.

As you may all know, me and @Artemis have made it to the runoffs. I want to congratulate them on making it to them with me. Now, let's get down to business. Feel free to leave some more questions if you would like to.

I encourage all voters to at least consider voting for me. You don't have to vote for me (though I do encourage voting for me), I just want you to look at my promises, experience, and much more.

Also on a little note, I didn't forget you Wonder, i'm just a little confused on your question. Could you rephrase it possibly.

Anyways I wish you all a great day!
- Dino, Candidate for Speaker.

As part of your run for Speaker of TNP, you mention your tenure as Deputy Minister of Communications. Of your time in the Ministry, you say:
I learned how to be able to communicate with my fellow staffers. I worked with them as one team. I heard what they said had to be fixed and let my superiors and colleagues in the Ministry Leadership know. This shows that I am willing to hear my fellow North Pacificans demands.
How exactly does this demonstrate your ability to become a great Speaker?

Additionally, others have brought up concerns relating to your activity. As Minister of Comms, I have often asked you to help me complete some of the reports to get TNS out the door. I have learned not to entrust you with these tasks as you have a tendency not to complete them. While the pace is different between the Speaker's office and the Ministry, how do you reconcile your promises with the reality of your activity levels?

With the Ministry of Comms, you have often been asked to complete the RA Highlights for TNS. Indeed, reviving this report as Speaker is even one of your promises.
Revive the Regional Assembly Digest and have one once every 3 weeks.
What most people likely don't know, however, is that some editing is done from the time a draft is submitted to when it is published. Compare, for example, your November and December RA Highlights drafts to the November and December TNS releases. The difference in content quality is remarkable. While I recognize that it is my responsibility to edit these drafts as Minister, one would expect a better draft quality should you be releasing something similar from the Speaker's office. What will you do to improve this performance?

That, combined with the numerous typos in your campaign platform makes me wonder how suitable you are for the position. It also makes me reconsider your role as Deputy Minister of Comms.

E95tNS3.png

Campaign Announcement

After some recent consideration, I have come to this conclusion. I will be conceding the runoff election to Artemis.

As you may not know, currently, I am leading in the election with 7 votes (That's what I counted, I could be wrong). However, while I may be leading, I have decided that I am not the Leader who should be leading this Office. There are way more talented people for this position.

Due to this campaign, I have lost my Deputy Minister of Communication position. While yes there could be many other factors, I feel like seeing Fiji's message explains it pretty well. I love the Communications Ministry more than any other Ministry or Office in this region. The first Ministry I joined was the Communications Ministry. I really only wanted to be in that Ministry until I decided I should get more involved in this region. I love the other Ministries and Offices but the only way I can really call home is Communications. My first Government Position was Deputy Minister of Communications. I dedicated so much to this Ministry. However, this election has caused to lose so much.

Another thing is that I am being considered for Deputy Minister positions and other Ministry positions for the exchange of not becoming Speaker. Now it's not confirmed that I will get these positions but I really will only be given those positions if I don't become Speaker. I'm more of a Ministry and Legal person (if that makes any sense).

I want to stay as Deputy Attorney General. This position has encouraged me to study our regional law and made me know it all off of the back of my hand. Bob once told me I would be better off being a Justice than Speaker. Which makes perfect sense to me. Perhaps I will run for Justice in March but only time will tell. I wouldn't had known all of this Regional Assembly related-laws if I had not became Deputy. COE plans on keeping his Deputy (which is me) and would love to stay as a Deputy under him.

With all of that in mind, I officially concede the election and encourage all of my voters to switch to Artemis (or abstentions). If I am some how elected Speaker, I will promptly refuse the position and not take my oath. I don't want the position anymore (at least for the time being). There are way more experience people than me who could do better at this position as Speaker of the Regional Assembly.

I have no words for my success. I thought I would lose this election like all of my previous runs. I would had probably become Speaker if I haven't decided to concede today. However, i'm not Speaker Material for the time being. Thank you to all who voted for me this election. You bring me joy and happiness. Maybe i'll run for Speaker again one day but for now I do not want to.

I will leave this thread open for anymore discussion until the Election ends. Thank you for all of the questions and support.

Ph0LpuO.png

Candidate for Speaker

Back