Dinoium for Vice Delegate July 2018

Dinoium

Legal nerd
-
TNP Nation
Dinoium
452dKcD.png

Hello nations of The North Pacific, if you don't know me, I am Dinoium, you may remember I attempted to run for Vice Delegate in May 2018 and Court Justice in June 2018, well I am back and will be trying to win this position of Vice Delegate this time!!

Current Positions in The North Pacific

- Deputy Minister of Communications

- TNP Ambassador to Balder

- Citizen of The North Pacific

- Private First Class of The North Pacific Army

- Member of the speaker's staff

- Member of all ministries

Now let me explain the office of The Vice Delegate:

- The Vice Delegate invites more people to the Security Council if they meet the requirement and apply.

- The Vice Delegate help with the Citizenship checks.

- The Vice Delegate fills in the Delegate's position if Vacant..

Now of course, the Vice Delegate role is very powerful and if a nation attempts to come close to the Delegate or VD's endorsement, we must take swift action, I will of course inform the sitting Delegate, Siwale, if this were to happen, I will telegram the nation to apply for the Security Council and if they apply, I will imminently propose a debate to the Regional Assembly, I will also inform the Security Council of this, we must prevent raiders from seizing power and if there is a rogue delegate or if our current delegate retires or is inactive, I will trigger our Regional Alert System (RAS)

Article 8: Regional Alerts:
Red: Indicates a rogue delegate in the seat. During an emergency in the WA delegacy, the Chair, in consultation with the Security Council, may declare the delegate to be rogue. The Security Council may declare the delegate to be rogue at any time by majority vote.
Orange: Indicates major instability in the delegacy, including telegram campaigns against the legal delegate, a nation gathering sufficient endorsements to threaten the delegacy, reasonable fear of the sitting delegate going rogue, or any other similar factor.
Yellow: Indicates a period of minor instability in the delegacy, due to standard delegacy transfers following elections or an unexpected resignation, a failure of the legal delegate to attain sufficient endorsements to safely hold the seat, or any other reason.
Green: Indicates a low risk of instability or a rogue delegate, but with various regional factors, including an inexperienced delegate or low activity levels, that merit increased security.
Blue: Indicates near-zero risk of rogue delegacy, with regional factors such as political participation and overall activity levels contributing to ongoing stability.

My plan is to get more people into the Security Council if they meet the requirements and expand the World Assembly Development Program, I will encourage people to endotart.. I will also help with the Vice Delegate Citizenship Pass, and of course shown above, I am willing to fill the vacant of the office of Delegate if needed and will use the RAS more if needed...

Remember to vote Dinoium on Jul 18 2018, 04:30 AM (your forum time) to Jul 23 2018, 04:30 AM (your forum time).
pqcDX4P.png

Nationstates Dispatch Link: Click
Feel free to leave suggestions or questions!

What experience do you have that makes you a good candidate for VD?

Also, in the event of a Rogue Delegacy, walk me through the process you’d take.

If a nation surpassed your endo count as a Vice delegate, what would you do?

Also, how would you plan to keep your endo count high?

Would you say that you are 100% qualified?

Why should we vote you over other candidates?

Bootsie:
What experience do you have that makes you a good candidate for VD?

Also, in the event of a Rogue Delegacy, walk me through the process you’d take.

1. I have attempted to once run for this position and while I came in third place, I have used to be an active endotarter and I of course have read up on The Procedure of the Security Council and read some parts of the Constitution which explains some of the Vice Delegate's roles such as being the Chair of The Council (Security Council), First person in line of succseion in case of the Delegate's absence or vacancy and will be acting Delegate until further notice..

2. If we were to have a Rogue Delegate, I would first alarm the Security Council in other to trigger the RAS, the Security Council , if the Security Council agrees in a majority to lower it to Red, we will declare the current delegacy a rogue delegacy, the Council will then encourage nations to endorse the Vice Delegate and un-endorse the current Delegate and to exchange Endorsements, I would probably then alert the North Pacific Army in case of a rogue delegate in order to help with the delegate transition to order to remove the rogue, probably another thing is to prevent the Rogue Delegate from being Delegate on the Forums or Discord due to the Council not being higher than the Delegate himself in game and make the Vice Delegate Acting Delegate and active the Line of Succession, whoever has the 3rd most amount of endorsements will become acting Vice Delegate and if the Rogue Delegate attempts to banject the endorsements, I would trigger the articles in our treaties with regions such as TEP, TSP, Balder, and other regions to help with a delegate transition, I would probably resign on my main account if I were Banjected as Vice Delegate and sne danother account for the others to endorse and try to encourage nations to un-endorse the rogue delegacy, but if we succeed before we are banjected, we will imminently banject the Rogue Delegate and continue with the delegate transition until we can officially declare elections in order to elect a new Delegate and Vice Delegate..
Article 7. General Provisions:
1. Constitutionally-mandated elected officials are the Delegate, Vice Delegate, Speaker, Justices, and Attorney General.
BMWSurfer:
f a nation surpassed your endo count as a Vice delegate, what would you do?

Also, how would you plan to keep your endo count high?
1. I would imminently alert the delegate that someone has more than 50 endorsements from the Vice Delegate, I would warn them to apply to the thread, otherwise we will take action..
Article 5. Endorsement Gathers:
2. In the interest of protecting the delegacy from rogue elements, the Council will observe and report on nations whose endorsements exceed 50 fewer than the Vice Delegate's required minimum endorsement count or 75 percent of the Delegate's endorsement count (whichever is lower), exceed the endorsement count of multiple Council members, or are otherwise notably high or rapidly growing; who are endorsed by a particularly unusual group of nations; or who otherwise raise suspicions or concerns.
Since he wasn't elected and has second most endorsements, this can be a threat to the delegacy and could of course lead to the banjection unless they leave the WA in order to get rid of the endorsements..

2. My plan is keep the Endo Count high is to try to work with the Home Affairs ministry to work on their WA Recruitment Telegrams and tell them to endorse the Delegate and the Council, I would also try to expand the WA Development Program Awards and try to get in more and encourage more Endotarters while also getting them to endorse the Delegate or Vice Delegate, but we can't force them, they would break the Bill of Rights..
Bill of Rights:
4. No Nation of The North Pacific holding WA member status in NationStates shall be obligated to endorse any official of a government authority of the region. The right to add an endorsement or withdraw an endorsement is a sovereign right of that Nation as a WA member.

BluieGamer:
Would you say that you are 100% qualified?

Why should we vote you over other candidates?

1. Now Ghost (Pallaith) is running but I think I would make a good opposition to Ghost, with my knowledge of the Law of TNP, Current positions, of course being a well known person for running for this position since May, I think I am 100% qualified..

2. Great question , while I did state everything above, I may aswell add some others, I have plans to expand the World Assembly Development Program by working with the Home Affairs Ministry to recruit more nations to join the WA (Not force to, that would be a draft and violation of The Bill of Rights) and give them great offers, I will try to have one up and ready by 2-3 weeks in order to expand the Endotarting system, I will work with the Council more in order to discuss about citizenship applications that seem risky..
Article 4. Citizenship Application:
1. Members of the Council and the Vice Delegate will discuss citizenship applicants who may constitute a security risk. Such discussions may be initiated by the Vice Delegate or any concerned member of the Council.
I would also discuss about lowering and rising the Alert System of the RAS.. And of course, I have read most of the TNP law inclduing the Constitution, Legal Code, Bill of Rights, Regional Assembly Rules, Security Council Procedure, Rules of the Security Council, Court Procedure, and some of our treaties with other regions such as Stargate, Taijitu, The East Pacific, The South Pacific, Balder, and The Rejected Realms, and I am currently Deputy Minister of Communications while being a member of the Speaker's Staff and member of all ministries!!
Any more questions?

The Vice Delegate is a heartbeat away from the delegacy. You have only been in the region for a year, and have fewer than 750 posts. Why should i trust you with my vote?

flemingovia:
The Vice Delegate is a heartbeat away from the delegacy. You have only been in the region for a year, and have fewer than 750 posts. Why should i trust you with my vote?
While you have the choice to not trust me, I finally understand that, but I think you should trust me because even within a year, I have gotten involve with The North Pacific a lot, reading most of the law of it and trying to get involve the most I can, and don't worry, the posts will eventually go up.. :P
But I have been doing my best, I have been doing a lot of the Home Affairs rows and helping the North Pacific Army.. And like I said, if you don't trust me, that's totally fine, this is the internet, I would like you to vote to him but if you would like to vote another candidate, I wouldn't mind, we have the right of that of course...
Bill of Rights:
10. Each Nation entitled to a vote in any manner under the fundamental laws of the region is entitled to the equal treatment and protection of that Nation's right to vote.

”...we will imminently banject the Rogue Delegate and continue with the delegate transition until we can officially declare elections in order to elect a new Delegate or Vice Delegate.”

What do you mean “or”? Are you planning to jump ship to the Delegacy when there’s an opening?

Bootsie:
”...we will imminently banject the Rogue Delegate and continue with the delegate transition until we can officially declare elections in order to elect a new Delegate or Vice Delegate.”

What do you mean “or”? Are you planning to jump ship to the Delegacy when there’s an opening?
Oh sorry about that, I got a bit confused there, I meant and :P
But no, I will only do that if needed such as the delegate's vacancy

You have the exact same campaign as the other Vice Delegate contenders (except me of course). Holy hell that is boring. What makes you not boring?

The Vice Delegate invite smore people to the Security Council if they meet the requirement and apply.
1. Aside from that not being constitutionally defined... What would be your criteria for inviting someone to apply for the Security Council? Do you base this on endorsement and influence level alone or are there other factors you haven't mentioned?

2. As the VD is the Chair of the Security Council, do you have any plans to support the council in raising their endorsement levels? What would you do, if anything, or do you feel it is solely the councilor's responsibility?

3. You mentioned expanding the WADP. How?

"The Vice Delegate help with the Citizenship checks."
4. After incorrectly describing the Vice Delegate check in your last campaign thread, do you understand what your mistake was? Can you describe what the Vice Delegate check actually is?

5. In your last campaign, after quoting the requirements for entry into the Security Council, you stated...
"As such, if you meet these requirements, you must apply for the Security Council and the Regional Assembly will vote on you being accepted or now, the Vice Delegate must warn the rising nation to prevent it from being Ejected or banned."
Can you point out the fallacy in that statement and explain why your previous statement is wrong?

I would imminently alert the delegate that someone has more than 50 endorsements from the Vice Delegate and warn them, if they don't leave the WA and remove their WA endorsements, they will be banjected for breaking the law..
6. Pop Quiz: McMasterdonia, the Acting Vice Delegate, has the Border Control in-game power. Under what authority does McMasterdonia have that power?

7. Why do you feel that it is necessary for a nation under a reckless endorsement warning to immediately leave the WA to fix the issue? Is asking them to discontinue endotarting or ask others to remove their endorsement not enough? Before I was a member of the Security Council, I was under a watch myself when I was up to about 750 endorsements. When I was told about it I did those very two things, discontinue endotarting and request unendorsement, and eventually attrition did the job. Do you believe that is no longer sufficient?

8. What are your plans for September?

Mall:
You have the exact same campaign as the other Vice Delegate contenders (except me of course). Holy hell that is boring. What makes you not boring?
Well most Vice Delegate candidates tend to have a similar campaign well to be honest, some of my plans are similar to my opponents in this election but if you think they are all boring, then that's fine..

Sil Dorsett:
Dinoium:
The Vice Delegate invites more people to the Security Council if they meet the requirement and apply.
1. Aside from that not being constitutionally defined... What would be your criteria for inviting someone to apply for the Security Council? Do you base this on endorsement and influence level alone or are there other factors you haven't mentioned?
Well I would mainly invite people who meet the requirements that are stated in the SC dispatch which our 500+ Endorsements and has a influence score of (Soft Power Disbursement Rating) within The North Pacific greater than or equal to 182,500, or an influence rank within The North Pacific greater than or equal to Apprentice, whichever is lower. But due to how much power the Council has (such as to remove a rogue delegate in a majority vote), I would also invite people who had some government or military position but if the Vice Delegate and/or the Delegate is threatened by a non SC member that has an endorsement count of 50 per cent of the serving Delegate's endorsement count, I would also invite but wile the government/military position isn't required, it's a good idea for them to at least had a position in The North Pacific before applying, I don't mind if they no longer have a position but I at least want SC candidate that have had some position in TNP..

Sil Dorrest:
2. As the VD is the Chair of the Security Council, do you have any plans to support the council in raising their endorsement levels? What would you do, if anything, or do you feel it is solely the councilor's responsibility?
Well the endorsement count is both high and low, but we have many people with about 500 or more, I think it should be raised to 550 or 600. And about your councilor question, I got a bit confused on that, would you please, if you mind, to clarify on the question a little more..

Sil Dorrest:
3. You mentioned expanding the WADP. How?
Well it isn't easy but my idea is to work with the Home Affairs ministry in order to try to send more telegrams to our non WA nations to join, then with our endorsement page, I will check and make a list with the HA Ministry of people not endorsing Siwale or a member of the Security Council, after the list is made, I will telegram them about the great things about endorsing the Delegate and Security Council, this of course will only go out to WA members that haven't endorse a member of the SC or Delegate and while we can't force them to endorse them, I would work with the SC in order to make the program better with more awards like click to endorse champions and try to make more and more of them before the term is over.. Again, with the help of the HA Ministry, we will send out telegrams about the WADP and what the benefits are!!

Sil Dorrest:
Dinoium:
"The Vice Delegate help with the Citizenship checks."
4. After incorrectly describing the Vice Delegate check in your last campaign thread, do you understand what your mistake was? Can you describe what the Vice Delegate check actually is?
I have learned from my mistakes from that after Darc (Zeph) explained that it was the Admin and Speaker's job to do that, but after reading some more, the Vice Delegate will only not accept if the Vice Delegate finds the user who are applying citizenship pose a security risk, if so, the Vice Delegate will discuss this with the Security Council and by a majority vote, should the security council decide the nation proposes a security threat, the Vice Delegate will not accept the citizenship application, as stated in the Security Council Procedure..

Article 4: Citizenship Applications:
1. Members of the Council and the Vice Delegate will discuss citizenship applicants who may constitute a security risk. Such discussions may be initiated by the Vice Delegate or any concerned member of the Council.
2. By majority vote, the Council may formally deem a nation to be a security risk, and recommend appropriate action to be taken in the case that such a nation applies for citizenship. Such recommendations are not binding on the Vice Delegate.

Sil Dorrest:
5. In your last campaign, after quoting the requirements for entry into the Security Council, you stated...
Dinoium:
"As such, if you meet these requirements, you must apply for the Security Council and the Regional Assembly will vote on you being accepted or now, the Vice Delegate must warn the rising nation to prevent it from being Ejected or banned."
Can you point out the fallacy in that statement and explain why your previous statement is wrong?
Well first of all, I forgot that the nation must meet the requirements of course even tho it says "If you meet these requirements", it doesn't clarify too much but if you do, you don't just go to the security council thread and say "I apply for the security council.." The Vice Delegate must send the telegram first, then you are to apply, after some discussion with the security council, the Vice Delegate will bring it up to the Regional Assembly, it doesn't go right for a vote, it first needs to be discussed and debated about, and it could fail before its voted on with 3 objections.. But if it's motioned and seconded, it will have its formal debate and finally if it survives formal debate, will be voted on by the Regional Assembly..

Dinoium:
I would imminently alert the delegate that someone has more than 500 endorsements from the Vice Delegate and warn them, if they don't leave the WA and remove their WA endorsements, they will be banjected for breaking the law..
Technically we would alert them to apply to become a councillor, otherwise we would need to take action as it poses a security threat..

Sil Dorrest:
6. Pop Quiz: McMasterdonia, the Acting Vice Delegate, has the Border Control in-game power. Under what authority does McMasterdonia have that power?
Legal Code:
7. The Serving Delegate may assign Border Control powers to any of the three members of the Security Council earliest in the Order of Succession.
Mcmasterdonia has been a security councilor for some years if my correct (not including the mod WA ban during Mcm's delegacy), and Mcmasterdonia is the second most endorsed person in TNP and the world.. And before you say "We can give officers Border Control if we want!!"
Legal Code:
6. The Serving Delegate may assign any Regional Power, with the exception of Border Control, to any government official or nation created for the purpose of performing government functions.
While Deropia was Vice Delegate and first in the line of succession (due to him being VD), he wasn't an official Security Council member and wasn't even one of the most endorsed like Mcm and Ghost..

Sil Dorrest:
7. Why do you feel that it is necessary for a nation under a reckless endorsement warning to immediately leave the WA to fix the issue? Is asking them to discontinue endotarting or ask others to remove their endorsement not enough? Before I was a member of the Security Council, I was under a watch myself when I was up to about 750 endorsements. When I was told about it I did those very two things, discontinue endotarting and request unendorsement, and eventually attrition did the job. Do you believe that is no longer sufficient?
Well as stated above, I wouldn't imminently go up to them and say "Leave the WA right now!!", I would rather give them a chance to apply first in the SC thread, however, if they don't, action may be required.. I don't think we should just stop their endotarting dreams, I actually would encourage but if they do meet the requirements listed above, I would warn them and tell them to apply or otherwise if they refuse to, we will take action and will alarm the SC..

Sil Dorrest:
8. What are your plans for September?
If my term goes well, I may run but I will only accept a nomination from someone else to show if I did a good job as VD (if I were to win), however, if I don't win this special election first, I would mainly go for another office..
BMWSurfer:
Some would say that you lack the SC experience of Ghost, how would you respond?
I wouldn't say they are wrong, I haven't been part of the SC yet while Ghost has.. But I still have plans and I have read up about the job of the SC and VD..

Two follow ups. Please excuse my lack of quotes, your post was quite long.

A. How exactly do you plan to work with the HA Ministry on the WADP? If you don’t want to go into lots of detail here, feel free to dm me.

B. So you are saying that all people who approach the requirements for the SC must apply?

BMWSurfer:
Two follow ups. Please excuse my lack of quotes, your post was quite long.
It's ok, I usually make it these long because good candidates go into long details :P
BMWSurfer:
A. How exactly do you plan to work with the HA Ministry on the WADP? If you don’t want to go into lots of detail here, feel free to dm me.
Well my plan is to work with the HA Ministry to make a list stated in the other message, but how? Well for example, I would ask you, I would also help but we need many people to pitch it to make a list, and which ministry is known for making lists for telegramming nations :worship:
After making the list, I will telegram all of the nation's not endorsing a member of the SC or Delegate and of course listed before, will have a lot of offers, again, the HA Ministry steps in when needed.. And will help make the recruitment template... This could help the WADP gain a bit bigger and what does the HA ministry get in rocket..
:huh: Well you had helped with our WADP recruitment, isn't that special enough :duh:
BMWSurfer:
B. So you are saying that all people who approach the requirements for the SC must apply?
:facepalm:
Technically I would need to warn them about this that they have to apply, they don't have to but if they are 50 away from the VD or 50 percent of the delegate's endorsement count, they have to, otherwise they would need to either reverse most of the endotarting to not be in the range or face conquences..

Some say that you lack the ministry and government experience of brendog and Pallaith. How would you respond?

mcmasterdonia:
Don't you think this is premature?
While I do agree I should start low, I saw Deropia had been recalled, I right away thought I could win or at least come 2nd, then Ghot and Brend came but I'll see what happens..
BMWSurfer:
Some say that you lack the ministry and government experience of brendog and Pallaith. How would you respond?
While yes, I have never been something very high other then Deputy Minister of Communications, that doesn't mean anything, what if we had a election and the only candidates were people who had never had a high position in government or ministry or much experience.. While we could recall them after being voted in, what if they actually do a good job? I would respond that I understand that but I had confidence I will at least come in 2nd, I also some what think I may make it to 1st but with Ghost running, I also understand my chances are slim to none but if you see what I said about with Mcm, I just want to give it a shot, I plan to run for a smaller office soon but I first want to see if I can actually have good luck in the VD elections, and I have a lot of experience tbh in the ministries, maybe not as much as Ghost or Brend, but I know how all ministries work and been doing a good job in HA ministry... I have hopes of becoming it's deputy minister or minister one day :ADN:

I think your enthusiasm is good, but you won’t be taken seriously as a candidate if you run in every election without relevant experience. My unsolicited advice would be to focus on doing the best job you can as a Deputy Minister and then decide which elected position you’d like to serve in and use your experience as a platform to get elected.

Quite a few people seem to beg to differ when it comes to you being 100% qualified. Along with your relative newness and lack of experience, I'm sorry to say but you wouldn't be getting my vote.

mcmasterdonia:
I think your enthusiasm is good, but you won’t be taken seriously as a candidate if you run in every election without relevant experience. My unsolicited advice would be to focus on doing the best job you can as a Deputy Minister and then decide which elected position you’d like to serve in and use your experience as a platform to get elected.
I understand that, I am not going to keep doing that, I do actually plan to start small but I didn't know people like Ghost would run, I decided to take what you said into consideration and decided to withdraw my candidacy, but I thank you and of course other people for giving questions but I am gonna to withdraw my candidacy..

Back