Dinoium for Vice Delegate May 2018

Dinoium

Legal nerd
-
TNP Nation
Dinoium
Dinoum-for-VD1525260034.png

Hello fellow TNPers, RMBers, or NPA Soldiers, yesterday, May 1, 2018, i declare my candidacy for Vice Delegate (VD). Now you may be asking, WHO are you?
Well i am Dinoium, a well known RMBer and Roleplayer here, i am also well known on the TNP Forum.
I used to be a Endorsement King, having 330 or more endorsements before joining the NPA, now if you were to look at the leaderboard for WA Endorsements here on the TNP, i was around 100th, and we have about 10,000 or more Nations!! Not to mention if you looked on the World Leaderboard, i was still ranked 100 something, which in total, Nationstates has about 190,000 something members, w o a h..
So i am throwing my hat into the Ring to run for Vice Delegate.. But your not convinced yet to vote for me, i'll give more reasons including the ones i said before

Influence and Endorsements
Like i said, i was ranked 100th something place in both, my influence was large and still is without being part of the WA since i been in the TNP since i joined NS (There was a time i went to another region but that was like on my first day of NS, then i moved to the TNP and stayed since then..)​

RMB and Roleplay
I used to be a popular RPer on the RMB, always talking, i pop up once in a while now, but i used to be a famous alliance leader, i was the Delegate of the NPDA (North Pacific Defense Alliance) which like i said, was a popular RP Alliance, it had about 30 members before it disbanding, i also was in Toshavo's Winter Olympics and i am now going to be leading the TNP Summer Olympics...Yay...​

Also a TNP Forum Spammer?!?!?!?!
You bet, you know Aerillia and Wilkshire, i was one... Errr.. If you search, you may find my posts there...​

If you want to support me, you can use these pins in the forum by putting it in your signature..
Dinoum-for-VD-Pin1525312361.jpg
[c][c][c]

Remember to Vote for Dinoium for VD!!
Note post questions are comments
tnpreach

Syrixia:
What is the job of the Vice Delegate?
It is the job of being a deputy and adviser to the Delegate of the Region, the Vice Delegate fills in for the Delegate if Vacant or Absent. The VD also manages the Security Council, which is to protect the sitting Delegate from being overthrown without an election such as if one person who is not part of the SC has more Endorsements of the sitting Delegate, he will be replaced by the one who has the most, but if the rising endorsed person is not approved by the Regional Assembly to be part of the Security Council, the person could get ejected or banned to protect the delegate from a coup.. And for the final part, the Vice Delegate helps approve Citizenship of TNP residents.

Impressive. Here're some more questions.

What involvement have you had in TNP's government?

What sets you apart from other candidates for Vice Delegate?

If the Delegate were suddenly absent, would you be able to fill in and what would you do?

Syrixia:
Impressive. Here're some more questions.

If the Delegate were suddenly absent, would you be able to fill in and what would you do?
I currently am part of the Foreign Affairs and Communications Ministries, i am going to start being active in them for once, i plan to make my own News Network for TNP, you could say a mini The Northern Light, so i'll publish my news network reports to Communications Ministry. And for Foreign Affairs, i'm gonna to start my diplomatic mission in Balder.. I had not been Minister of either ministries but i hope because of my two ideas, that this will help me become a Deputy or official Minister of the Ministry, i also am part of the NPA (Defense Ministry).

My fellow candidates come from a more higher class you could say, Darcania is a Administrator, Speaker of The Regional Assembly, and Ambassador of other regions, while Deropia is Minister of WA Affairs and is a Officer in the NPA. I of course may not be a Minister or anything that high, but i have popularity, i have been telling in Telegrams and on the RMB about my campaign. I am willy to stand up to the plate and take a stand for our government, i'll do to the best of my ability to advise the Delegate, help manage the SC, prevent coups, and fill in vacancy or absent of the Delegate.

If the Delegate is absent due to RL or some other reason, i would gladly take the role as acting Delegate. I would go into the WA and see Resolutions and Proposals, i would mainly be focusing on finding ones in the SC and ones that involve the fascist and Nazi regions. I would approve proposals to liberate them, a liberation in my words is to lockdown the region so it can't expand and spread it's influence and damage the NS community, sadly condemning the fascist or Nazi regions would only be a honor to them because not many nations or regions are Commended or Condemned, and even tho the Fascist and Nazi regions must be stopped and continue the fight against Fascism and Nazism, Condemning wouldn't be our greatest idea..

Dinoium, I confess I don't know you all that well, but you've been around a while, so I'm glad you're stepping up and giving us a chance to get better insight into you as a part of TNP. You're certainly not afraid to wear your ambition on your sleeve and the honesty is refreshing, though i hope you remember to center your campaign on what's important and not lose sight of the very important job it is you want to do.

I provided a series of questions for the Vice Delegate candidates to answer in Friday's impromptu debate. You seemed to respond to all of them already, but many people didn't attend or see the transcript, so I wanted to give you a chance to address them here:

What are some areas where you believe you could build on what Siwale did during his terms as VD? Did you see any missed opportunities or anything that didn’t work well?

In a single word or phrase, explain what the crux of your mission as VD will be. What will define the office in your term?

How well versed are you on Security Council procedure? Can you give us the basics as if you were introducing is to the concept for the first time?

After serving as VD, or even while serving, do you intend to seek a spot on the Security Council?

Do you believe the VD and/or Security Council has any useful role, or should be involved in, efforts to enhance WA participation? Would your efforts include any significant effort into further enhancing and developing the WADP?

How accommodating would you be if in the event you reject a citizen application the RA requests specific details as to why you deemed that person to have failed a security check? How do you see that process playing out, what would you do in that scenario?

If you had the choice to serve in an additional role in the cabinet while also serving as VD, which ministry would you believe is best suited for you, and how would your stewardship of that ministry change in light of your duties as VD?

I look forward to your responses and thank you in advance.

Pallaith:
Dinoium, I confess I don't know you all that well, but you've been around a while, so I'm glad you're stepping up and giving us a chance to get better insight into you as a part of TNP. You're certainly not afraid to wear your ambition on your sleeve and the honesty is refreshing, though i hope you remember to center your campaign on what's important and not lose sight of the very important job it is you want to do.

I provided a series of questions for the Vice Delegate candidates to answer in Friday's impromptu debate. You seemed to respond to all of them already, but many people didn't attend or see the transcript, so I wanted to give you a chance to address them here:

What are some areas where you believe you could build on what Siwale did during his terms as VD? Did you see any missed opportunities or anything that didn’t work well?

In a single word or phrase, explain what the crux of your mission as VD will be. What will define the office in your term?

How well versed are you on Security Council procedure? Can you give us the basics as if you were introducing is to the concept for the first time?

After serving as VD, or even while serving, do you intend to seek a spot on the Security Council?

Do you believe the VD and/or Security Council has any useful role, or should be involved in, efforts to enhance WA participation? Would your efforts include any significant effort into further enhancing and developing the WADP?

How accommodating would you be if in the event you reject a citizen application the RA requests specific details as to why you deemed that person to have failed a security check? How do you see that process playing out, what would you do in that scenario?

If you had the choice to serve in an additional role in the cabinet while also serving as VD, which ministry would you believe is best suited for you, and how would your stewardship of that ministry change in light of your duties as VD?

You, unlike the valiant patriotic warriors at Greitbart, forgot my question. It was a very important question, as we must crush the Francoist alternative facts agenda. :P

I have a question regarding security checks. As I'm sure you know, the Vice Delegate does these checks with the advice of the Council as a whole. If you are elected, how will you determine when to explicitly consult with the SC on an applicant? Additionally, after weighing their advice, what criteria would you use to determine whether to in fact block an applicant from becoming a citizen? When would you pass or fail an applicant against the SC's advice?

Syrixia:
Pallaith:

You, unlike the valiant patriotic warriors at Greitbart, forgot my question. It was a very important question, as we must crush the Francoist alternative facts agenda. :P
Why would a question you asked be in a list of questions I wrote? :shifty:

Pallaith:

P: What are some areas where you believe you could build on what Siwale did during his terms as VD? Did you see any missed opportunities or anything that didn’t work well?
D: Now Siwale, Vice Delegate under you, Pallaith, and North Pacific Army General and MoD Gladio, did a great job in my opinion, to be honest, we can learn from Siwale. So there's not much to fix other than continuing his legacy and remember him, and he won't be forgotten..
P: In a single word or phrase, explain what the crux of your mission as VD will be. What will define the office in your term?
D: My mission will be like any other Vice Delegate, lead and manage the Security Council, protect the siting Delegate from people trying to become delegate without a democratic progress which is why we have the Security Council, to prevent a coup or from our enemies, trying to use sleepers to gain endorsements and try to threaten the power of the Delegate, the Vice Delegate will warn them about the 500 Endorsements Level and the Regional Assembly shall vote, if he does not get voted one, he could get ejected or banned, another thing the Vice Delegate's mission is to fill in vacancy or abstain of the Sitting Delegate, and an another part of the VD's mission is to decide weather a nation should get citizenship, as the Vice Delegate can pass or deny a citizenship require from a resident such as if they are trying to get multiple accounts such as alternative nations as citizens. Finally, it is the Vice Delegate's job to advise the Delegate and to work as a team..
P: How well versed are you on Security Council procedure? Can you give us the basics as if you were introducing is to the concept for the first time?
D: I know a lot about the Security Council as i used to have about 340 at the most, i always wonder when i did one day reach 500 endorsements, what i should do, i as i loved The North Pacific, i didn't want to be Ejected and Banned, so i looked at the Security Council Dispatch and read it closely. I'll explain the progress of The Security Council, Article 6 of The North Pacifican Constitution
Article 6. The Security Council

1. Any person who meets any endorsement and influence requirements determined by law may apply to become a member of the Security Council.
2. Once an application has been submitted, the Security Council may nominate that applicant by a majority vote. The Regional Assembly may confirm a nominated applicant by a majority vote. If the Security Council does not nominate an applicant or does not act on them within thirty days, the Regional Assembly may appoint the applicant by a two-thirds majority vote.
3. Nominations remain in effect until revoked by majority vote of the Security Council.
4. The Security Council will monitor the region’s security and report on it to the public, and enforce decisions of the Regional Assembly to remove the Delegate.
5. The Regional Assembly may establish a line of succession by a majority vote. The line of succession must always include the Vice Delegate and all current Security Council members, and must always place the Vice Delegate first. If a new member is admitted to the Security Council, they will be automatically added at the end of the current line of succession. If a member is removed from the Security Council, they will be automatically removed from the line of succession.
We are a Democracy, thus attempting a coup is treason.
Treason" is defined as taking arms or providing material support to a group or region for the purpose of undermining or overthrowing the lawful government of The North Pacific or any of its treatied allies as governed by the Constitution.
As such, we have the Security Council for a reason, the Security Council can remove the Delegate in a vote, as such, we don't need nations taking up arms and trying to seize the delegacy from the sitting delegate, that would only form a semi democratic state, so elections would be on hold until a new government can be formed, as such, this would be an actual dictatorship, and the security council can prevent that.. The Regional Assembly has the Speaker and the Security Council has the Vice Delegate.
~ You need to have a WA nation in The North Pacific.
~ This nation must have an influence score (Soft Power Disbursement Rating) within The North Pacific greater than or equal to 182,500, or an influence rank within The North Pacific greater than or equal to Apprentice, whichever is lower.
~ This nation must have 500 endorsements, or 50 per cent of the serving Delegate's endorsement count, whichever is lower.
As such, if you meet these requirements, you must apply for the Security Council and the Regional Assembly will vote on you being accepted or now, the Vice Delegate must warn the rising nation to prevent it from being Ejected or banned. The Vice delegate is the Chair of the Security Council and as such, manages it.
P: After serving as VD, or even while serving, do you intend to seek a spot on the Security Council?
D: While Serving, because if you are going to lead something, you need to be part of it, but in a Security Council Vote, i would remain undecided unless a tie happens so to balance it out, and i do want to become my former self of being a former endorsement king and become influential in The North Pacific, helping out with the administration of the region, and Security Council members do get a lot of endorsements, so if a election happened and the de-endorsement of the sitting delegate progress begins, i would probably become acting Delegate if i were Vice Delegate because of having the 2nd most endorsements or at least a big enough, until Delegate-elect has more than me.
P: Do you believe the VD and/or Security Council has any useful role, or should be involved in, efforts to enhance WA participation? Would your efforts include any significant effort into further enhancing and developing the WADP?
D: I do believe it is a useful role, as it can prevent a dictatorship in the region and can remove the sitting delegate if he or she breaks our legal code, bill of rights, or constitution. The Vice Delegate is become useful than the rest of the SC as it is the chair and head of the SC and manages it, the VD also advises the Delegate, serve as acting delegate if the sitting delegate is abstain, and accept or deny citizenship requires.. And yes, the Security Council and The Vice Delegate should inspire efforts to enhance the WA participation, we need to grow bigger and bigger in the World Assembly, we are in 2nd place for The most endorsed, right behide Europa, we are the biggest region and only about 1600 nations are part of the World Assembly, we must expand the WADP program so we can overpass the Europa, as a idea, propose WA Nation of the week or something like that to make TNP nations endorse that nation and continues more nations are well known and keeps changing, most of our nations in the WA would be chosen and more would probably want to join..
P: How accommodating would you be if in the event you reject a citizen application the RA requests specific details as to why you deemed that person to have failed a security check? How do you see that process playing out, what would you do in that scenario?
D: Let's look at Section 6.1 of the Legal Code and look at part 7:
7. If an applicant is rejected for failing an evaluation by the Vice Delegate, the Regional Assembly shall immediately debate the rejection and will hold a majority vote on whether to uphold it. The vote must begin two days after the rejection occurs.
I would reject a citizenship if
A. The nation applying for citizenship already has a nation in The North Pacific as a citizen.
B. They don't say the Oath correctly.
Or C. They don't have a nation in The North Pacific
Section 1.5: Proxying
19. "Proxying" is defined as use of a proxy server to render a forum user anonymous or any practice which allows a member multiple accounts.
They make a account for each nation or alt in The North Pacific, as such, they have multiple accounts on the same computer or device anonymously. I would explain to the Regional Assembly in the debate that they have broken the Legal Code of The North Pacific..
P: If you had the choice to serve in an additional role in the cabinet while also serving as VD, which ministry would you believe is best suited for you, and how would your stewardship of that ministry change in light of your duties as VD?
D: Probably Ministry of Foreign Affairs, hours before, i made a topic on the Balder Forum about the Scorch's resignation and me being the Ne Ambassador like you said, i said i would do a good job as MoFA, and how would it affect me, well as a diplomat, i could become more well known so if i become delegate of The North Pacific, i would be more well known to our allies.. And even tho this is not a official ministry, i would like to serve as Gameside Advocates as i am active on the Regional Message Board and usually Roleplay on it..
And now for SillyString
I have a question regarding security checks. As I'm sure you know, the Vice Delegate does these checks with the advice of the Council as a whole. If you are elected, how will you determine when to explicitly consult with the SC on an applicant? Additionally, after weighing their advice, what criteria would you use to determine whether to in fact block an applicant from becoming a citizen? When would you pass or fail an applicant against the SC's advice?
Security Checks to protect us from people trying to do coups, i would work with the fellow SC Members to try to get it passed and to protect our region from threats to the delegacy. My criteria would be based on the founding laws that make us a democracy, the Legal Code, if it's a proxy, don't say the oath correctly, or don't have a nation in The North Pacific, i won't accept, and even tho i do want to prevent the fascists from coming, denying them for their ideology is undemocratic when we are a democracy...
If you guys have anymore questions, feel free to bring them to me..

Dinoium:
I would reject a citizenship if
A. The nation applying for citizenship already has a nation in The North Pacific as a citizen.
B. They don't say the Oath correctly.
Or C. They don't have a nation in The North Pacific
Section 1.5: Proxying
19. "Proxying" is defined as use of a proxy server to render a forum user anonymous or any practice which allows a member multiple accounts.
They make a account for each nation or alt in The North Pacific, as such, they have multiple accounts on the same computer or device anonymously. I would explain to the Regional Assembly in the debate that they have broken the Legal Code of The North Pacific.
. . .
Those are my jobs for Citizenship applications, not the Vice Delegate's. (A) is part of my admin checks, while (B) and (C) are part of my Speaker checks.

Back