[SC - Defeated] Condemn The Communist Bloc

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc.jpg

Condemn The Communist Bloc
Category: Condemnation | Nominee: The Communist Bloc
Proposed by: Violent Mob | Onsite Topic

HEREBY SUBMITTED AS A TESTAMENT OF THE OVERWHELMING OPINION OF THE WORLD ASSEMBLY
This resolution does the following

#1 Notes that The Communist Bloc has contributed to the death of democratic regions and right wing regions.

#2 Notes that the Communist Bloc has assumed the role of thought police on NationStates

#3 Recognizes the danger of the spread of the undemocratic and in-humane ideology of Communism throughout the World Assembly

#4 Contributes the fall of glorious regions of peace and democracy to the Communist Bloc

#5 Notes the breaches of religious rights to all religions

Notes the history of civil liberties and rights abuse by the Communist Bloc

Recognizing that there is no hope of debate within said region

Affirming that a condemnation by the nations of the world and of the Security Council will boost its reputation within the freedom-loving, downtrodden, and the rightist regions.

Affirming that by passing this resolution the religious regions of the World Assembly will be indebted to the Security Council and the World Assembly

Calling on the World Assembly to stop itself form becoming dominated by the politics of silencing free thought and expression

Recognizing that the World Assembly is the haven of free thought by which sovereign nations have the right of expression, and condemns The Communist Bloc of cravenly violating its hallowed halls

Recognizing that The Communist Bloc must be reminded of its place, as a region of equal standing with any other , and this resolution will permanently remind them of the harm they caused to their fellow regions

Furthermore condemns the Communist Bloc of shamefully crushing democracy

This resolution hereby condemns The Communist Bloc of egregious crimes against humanity

This resolution hereby condemns The Communist Bloc of the violation of civil rights and liberties

This resolution hereby condemns The Communist Bloc of state-sponsored terrorism

This resolution condemns The Communist Bloc as engaging in silencing opinions and ideas that do not conform to their own
This Resolution Formally Condemns The Communist Bloc

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ministry IFV
The proposed condemnation of The Communist Bloc is a poorly written and fairly biased attempt at idelological revenge. The proposal does not substantiate its various presented arguments, but rather presents statements with what can reasonably be assessed as a confirmation bias. While we do not condone any malicious or anti-democratic acts by any region within the greater NS community, the content of this condemnation does not stand on its own to justify its passing.

Due to the reasons stated above, the Ministry of WA Affairs recommends a vote Against this condemnation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Against

Not only is this resolution poorly written, but it also lacks any evidence for its statements.

Example:

"#1 Notes that The Communist Bloc has contributed to the death of democratic regions and right wing regions."

It is also aimed at a specific ideology; one that is quite clearly only being opposed in this resolution because the author is a member of a fascist region whose chief enemy is communism itself.

The Communist Bloc is in fact very democratic despite what this resolution claims, featuring elections for its highest positions and relations with numerous other democratic regions.

Nay...I mean Against.

I'm not too fond of the style this condemnation is written in and it hardly provides evidence to support its accusations.

I feel like this is an ideological ban on the one hand, and not super well written on the other. Against

Against.
The proposal is ideologically driven by the kind of generic red-scare-pamphlet ignorance that motivates most on the far-right to despise what they don't understand about Marxism, in its various forms. There is no substantiated rationale provided for the specific condemnation of TCB, apart from their raiding habits. Given that TCB tends to raid fascistic/far-right regions, and the author resides in a self-proclaimed nexus of fascistic and far-right regions, I think we've all figured out the motive behind this proposal.

Meh. I'm not the biggest fan of communism by any means, but this is an ideological ban on the free thought it claimed to defend; and it wasn't well-written to begin with. AGAINST.

Full support. For. Lore is 100% correct. Hell, communism killed more people than Nazism ever did. Communism is just as evil as Nazism.

If this was the exact same bill but for Nazism I guarantee you'd all vote for. Ideology my foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back