[GA - Defeated] Pride and Prejudice

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc.jpg

Condemn The Communist Bloc
Category: Condemnation | Nominee: The Communist Bloc
Proposed by: Violent Mob | Onsite Topic

HEREBY SUBMITTED AS A TESTAMENT OF THE OVERWHELMING OPINION OF THE WORLD ASSEMBLY
This resolution does the following

#1 Notes that The Communist Bloc has contributed to the death of democratic regions and right wing regions.

#2 Notes that the Communist Bloc has assumed the role of thought police on NationStates

#3 Recognizes the danger of the spread of the undemocratic and in-humane ideology of Communism throughout the World Assembly

#4 Contributes the fall of glorious regions of peace and democracy to the Communist Bloc

#5 Notes the breaches of religious rights to all religions

Notes the history of civil liberties and rights abuse by the Communist Bloc

Recognizing that there is no hope of debate within said region

Affirming that a condemnation by the nations of the world and of the Security Council will boost its reputation within the freedom-loving, downtrodden, and the rightist regions.

Affirming that by passing this resolution the religious regions of the World Assembly will be indebted to the Security Council and the World Assembly

Calling on the World Assembly to stop itself form becoming dominated by the politics of silencing free thought and expression

Recognizing that the World Assembly is the haven of free thought by which sovereign nations have the right of expression, and condemns The Communist Bloc of cravenly violating its hallowed halls

Recognizing that The Communist Bloc must be reminded of its place, as a region of equal standing with any other , and this resolution will permanently remind them of the harm they caused to their fellow regions

Furthermore condemns the Communist Bloc of shamefully crushing democracy

This resolution hereby condemns The Communist Bloc of egregious crimes against humanity

This resolution hereby condemns The Communist Bloc of the violation of civil rights and liberties

This resolution hereby condemns The Communist Bloc of state-sponsored terrorism

This resolution condemns The Communist Bloc as engaging in silencing opinions and ideas that do not conform to their own
This Resolution Formally Condemns The Communist Bloc

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

My Dear Bears Armed Mission,
Allow me to extend my sincere gratitude for your proposal, it was received with open mind and heart. Your affections are appreciated and I will cherish always the manner in which you expressed yourself. Truly, sir, you are a gentleman. With these sincere and positive thoughts having been acknowledged, I must now acknowledge other universal truths. I have no desire to besmirch your honour, good sir, but previous suitors have declared their intentions with more spirited prose and more binding expressions of desire for my security, growth, and well-being. While fanciful, your proposal does not seem to reflect any genuine passion to bring deeper meaning into my life and has failed to touch my heart.

For these reasons I must respectfully beseech the gentlemen and women of The North Pacific to vote Against your proposal.

Against.
Proposal does little to advance the cause of nation-building, apart from encouragement to take occasional stock in the decision-making process. The whole thing seems an excuse for the author to implement the Jane Austen reference, as opposed to proposing any meaningful ideas. It's like a reminder to brush your teeth. Frivolous.

Those who are against but haven’t indicated why, do you agree with what was said before you or do you have a slightly different reason for being against? Anyone on the fence or weighing their options who hasn’t voted yet?

Pallaith:
Those who are against but haven’t indicated why, do you agree with what was said before you or do you have a slightly different reason for being against? Anyone on the fence or weighing their options who hasn’t voted yet?
Pfft, reasons? In WA topics? In TNP? Are you dizzy?

Pallaith:
I think this proposal is weird as it is very abstract in its statements and does not call for actual action by WA nations other than just promises which can be empty. If there was some measurable way to objectively tell if a nation's leadership listens to opposing opinions or not then this subject could be more easily addressed. Though, it is unlikely that a specific definition can be agreed upon making this legislation little more than ceremonial.

1. Strongly Urges all of the relevant people to listen seriously to honest criticism and constructive advice, and to take this advice in the spirit in which it is meant, instead of just ignoring, belittling or even punishing, the sources of that criticism and advice;
While it strongly Urges and gives us a choice, many will not..
How will the WA react? Well since it gives us a choice, and the WA has to follow it if passed, they'll do nothing and enforce nothing, causing this to basically be null and useless..

Voting Against..

Against as it may strongly urge something but that means there is still a choice thus defeating its own purpose

bowloftoast:
Against.
Proposal does little to advance the cause of nation-building, apart from encouragement to take occasional stock in the decision-making process. The whole thing seems an excuse for the author to implement the Jane Austen reference, as opposed to proposing any meaningful ideas. It's like a reminder to brush your teeth. Frivolous.
Against for these reasons. :agree:

The kangaroo looks at the piece of legislative paper before nomming and eating it. The public laughs.

"Both the mascot, the public and I personally regard this proposal as valueless."

I personally believe that the proposal just contains many empty promises, and doesn't do much. For these reasons, and others stated above, I am voting against.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back