OOC Blood And Iron

Cogoria

TNPer
OOC thread for a thread I've been considering for a while, but am interested in seeing what interest there is first. The thread would be an 18th 19th century conflict so muskets canon and cavalry. So a Napoleonicesqu war. Thoughts?

1760s - 1840s is about the time of Aterkom. Conflict would definitely be commonplace, and I would definitely be interested in RP'ing a Napoleonic-style war.

Aterkom was the period from 1760s - 1840s where Xentherida had a makeover. After overthrowing King John, who had tried to dissolve parliament and rule absolutely, he was overthrown by the Aterkom party. While initially the country was ruled well, it slipped into militarism and anti-foreigner attitudes within the first twenty years, and then turned into an outright dictatorship by 1820. It was overthrown in the Xentheridan Revolution, which lasted just two days (From the 1st to the 3rd of September 1844).

1760s would be 10-20 years after the Second Crown War in Nebula during the Zardom, as the Zar (formerly Baron) Rhyos consolidates his control over Nebula and institutes reforms to help the country recover from the devastation incurred by the conflict. Fifty years after the war's end, in 1800, Rhyos' posthumous decree takes effect and the country begins its transition into the failed and corrupt republic that would see the nation through a traumatic industrialization and a bloody bid for Galactan independence. Under the Zardom Nebula was too deeply scarred from the Second Crown War to join in a conflict, but a faltering Republic would have sought conflict in order to mask its weaknesses behind military strength and a whitewash of nationalism.

COGCOGCOGYESFINALLY
takes out all my duchies and lays them down on the table

The Kanadian duchy unition takes place from 1811-1815, like we've talked about, so yeah it sounds awesome. Also, due to me being your neighbor, it could make it so that you could have a conflict to be involved in.

Flakey, are you helping Calgary OR Sundeon? They're on different sides. If you dont answer soon, or later when I am on discord, I will assume you are helping Sundeon, because they are closer and simply need more allies.

SAA Kanada:
Flakey, are you helping Calgary OR Sundeon? They're on different sides. If you dont answer soon, or later when I am on discord, I will assume you are helping Sundeon, because they are closer and simply need more allies.
I'll probably be helping sundeon

Flakey, just so you know, this is the 1800's. It'd probably would take weeks to get a ship from Flakeia to Calgary, the slow sailing ships would have to go all the way up the Phoenix Straight, around Cogoria, and then back south, so please keep it in mind that you cannot get a navy from you to me in half a day.

Is this fueled by simple expansionism or is there any other cause? Kannex would like to send a team of military attachés to observe and probably will sell weapons to both sides in the conflict.

It's caused by an old rivalry between Calgary and Sundeon. Basically, they've hated each other since the 900's, and look for every oppritunity to beat the crud out of each other. Sundeon decided this little town was Sundeonian, not Calgarian, and took it, and BAM.

Also, for everyone, I don't think I'll have anyone else join other than Kannex and Andrenne (when i eventually buy mercenaries), because what was originally going to be a smaller war has expanded a bit much with Flakey. To Flakey specifically, keep in mind the soldiers you sent to Calgary are going to be wiped out really quickly. People wont just let their towns get ransacked without a fight, and there is always a team of Militiamen at every town. Secondly, as I said before, it would take weeks for a group of ships to get from you to me. You skipped over several weeks in one post.

Back