Local News Topic

Z8kYmXV.png

GOVERNMENT CONTINUES GLOBAL OUTREACH PROGRAMS
by Prakash Patel in Pataliputra
February 29, 2001

1462382003_tqF4rO_antony470.jpg

Secretary of State Rahul Khanna at a press conference, praising the passage of the Equestrian Defense Act and the Shatruta Cessation and Epiphene Trade Act.

Earlier today, Congress passed two separate acts pertaining to foreign relations with the Equestrian Commonwealth as well as the now-renascent Epiphanes; namely the Equestrian Defense Act and the Shatruta Cessation and Epiphene Trade Act. Each Act passed along similar margins as the North Vaasa Aid Act, which they greatly resemble. However, each Act deals with starkly different situations, and came about for different reasons.

The Equestrian Commonwealth, a developed nation located in north-central Craviter, has, in recent years, become a strong ally of the Empire, having stood by the Empire consistently during the tenure of the failed Phoenix Union, as well as cooperating with it to mitigate the potential military dangers of Island 35. The Equestrian Defense Act formalizes this, declaring the EC and the Empire to be "international partners and diplomatic allies". This new formal alliance has been specified, by its parties and within the Act, to be a pact of both mutual defense and trade, as well as cooperation regarding the development of next-generation technology and platforms for military use.

The Epiphanes, however, is a vastly different case. Having finally exited their brutal civil war just last year, the Epiphanes has embarked on a truly unprecedented campaign of foreign outreach for the purposes of rehabilitating a devastated country. The Epiphanes was founded roughly around the same time as the Empire was, and they both were, during the ancient era, the two prominent Craviterean powers. The long and storied relationship between the Empire and the Epiphanes has been dominated by a geopolitical paradigm known as the Shatruta, which, in Mercanti, can translate to "Rivalry" or "Enmity". This rivalry was especially potent during the ancient and medieval eras, when the two states engaged in proxy conflicts, trade wars, and the occasional skirmish.

However, as time marched on, the Shatruta began to dissipate, becoming more of a tradition than actual hatred. The Empire became more cosmopolitan, adapted, and grew outward whilst the Epiphanes stubbornly maintained its old ways and its warped view of the world's political and cultural realities. The Epiphanes shut itself off from the world more and more, and as the modern world dawned, after the death of the most recent Caesar, civil war ignited in the country between the loyalist forces of Caesar's children and theocratic populist rebels led by unscrupulous priest Antonius Mikanos.

Following the civil war, the Epiphanes, almost certainly out of necessity, has finally begun to show signs of catching up to the rest of the world, working with many states and supranational organizations such as the Iterian League. One such state was the Empire itself, after the Epiphanes gave it the historic designation of 'nation status' within its own antiquated and mostly ideological diplomatic classification system. At first glance this designation may not have seemed like much, and may have even seemed like an insult, but the designation was, in fact, a monumental step for relations between the two states.

"At long last, we can confidently say that the era of the Shatruta is over." stated Secretary of State Rahul Khanna in a press conference earlier today. "We have closed the books on centuries of needless toxicity and traditionalized, institutionalized hostility. The Epiphenes have finally seen the truth, and we're looking forward to helping welcome them into the world at the dawn of this new era in Imperial-Epiphene relations." Indeed, the extent of the newly-inaugurated cooperation between the Empire and the Epiphanes is extensive and covers numerous departments.

Empire-based technology companies including Alef, Yamala, and Karnataka will be initiating business in the Epiphanes, and helping to restore and upgrade their telecommunications infrastructure. The SVS will be investing in the Epiphanes, as will private property developers. Empire-based renewable energy companies including Horizon will be initiating business in the Epiphanes. Imperial military advisors will be present in numerous Epiphene provinces, and the Epiphanes has been added to the ATSCA list; allowing for the Empire to supply emergency response assistance and humanitarian utilities and aid at heightened levels. Finally, some of the Empire's proxeny - high ranking Epiphene citizens who work with the Imperial embassy to advocate on the Empire's behalf - will be Imperial-educated economists. In general, the Empire will be providing the Epiphanes with economic advice.

Foreign policy pundits have credited the double Acts, alongside the North Vaasa Aid Act, as a string of victories for the SJP's famous - or infamous, depending on one's political affiliation - White Bridge Policy. It still remains to be seen what the actual effects of these Acts will be, however, the general consensus at the moment is that their future is a bright one.

Translation by Vijay Dongre
February 29, 2001

Share This Story!

Last edited:
rtHYRkj.png

Empress Sabhrain Reveals New Aircraft Carrier During Political Rally

1Vy6cUO.jpg

Amidst a sea of cheering citizens, The Empress delivered a rousing speech. While she has made speeches before this was her first public appearance as the enthroned Exalt Empress of Astragon.

"My People! We are Whole AGAIN!!!

The Traitors that sought to deceive have been purged! The twin sicknesses of republicanism and corruption have been cut from the sacred body of our most noble empire!

Today we stand united once more! Today we announce to the world our strength as a nation! We are the defenders of the continent! We are a divine people and together with our Iterian brothers and sisters we shall reach even the stars themselves!"

She then motioned with her hand to a vast warship in the bay, televised screens revealed a vast aircraft carrier, the long-delayed Kaskaran III finally freed from its limbo in the shipyards.

"Behold Children of Astragon, the flagship that shall guard our noble shores!"

Analysts have been quick to jump to conclusions regarding the Empresses speech, the military display suggesting assertiveness, the mention of brotherhood and wider iteria suggesting co-operation. The kaskaran has been delayed for several years thanks to corruption in the ministry of armaments, following Sabhrains purge it was found that the warship was largely ready for deployment. Only the weapons systems have yet to be fully brought online. The reveal was met by riotous cheers as people chanted Sabhrains name.

Last edited:
8ynBIQu.png

Royal Council Passes Imperial Defense Act, Formalizes Syrixian Alliance
February 29, 2020

02T4iVT.png

The Imperial Defense Act formally declares the two nations as allies

Princess Lustre Dawn announced this morning that the Royal Council had unanimously passed the Imperial Defense Act (IDA), a document which formalizes Syrixia and the Commonwealth as "international partners and diplomatic allies", and promises mutual defense for both nations, as well as opening new trade opportunities. The Princess justified this by stating that the Syrixian Empire has been a long-standing friend of the Commonwealth, bringing safety and prosperity to all of its citizens, and sharing our nation's vision of prosperity, innovation, and harmony.

The act also announces plans for the two nations to begin joint development programs for the creation of new technologies and platforms to help modernize the militaries of both nations. She and many others hope that this innovation will spill into the civilian world, bringing yet more success for Equestria's growing technology sector.

Syrixia also passed its side of the bill, the Equestrian Defense Act, under the same articles and agreements, officially finalizing the agreement. The Princess assured reporters that more information of the bill would be available soon, as the Royal Council plans to make a transcript of the agreement publicly visible in the near future.

mHAls1l.png

GRÜNESFELD VS. WINTERBACH VS. GRIMMLINGER

HIGHTON CITY, NH -- The countdown is on; over the course of the next five months, Emilia Grünesfeld and Annika Winterbach will battle for the presidency. August 21st will be the date of the election and between now and then it will be a grueling process of debates, fundraising, and campaigning. This is set to be a historic election: it is the first time that the KRP has nominated a woman as its presidential candidate, and only the third time that the LRP has nominated a woman. It is the first time that two of the three major parties have nominated a woman. The Royal Party's Isaak Grimmlinger will likely be a major factor in this election as well. One might recall that in 2016, the Royal Party's nominee Sophia Issiani vastly outperformed the LRP's nominee Bert Feininger and finished second. A similar result is unlikely–by all measures the LRP should not make the same mistakes as last time–but with Grimmlinger an experienced Versammlunger from the traditional RP hotbed of Talanskland, it is not out of the question that he could steal away many votes in that state.

The fourth potentially major factor? Nicole Elsig of the Liberty Party. After her party's strong showing in the 2018 Versammlung elections, she will be hoping to play a role. While her odds of winning the presidency are very slim, it is possible that she will try to change the focus of the election: divert away from the ruckus debates over foreign policy and to focus on the implications of the North Vaasa annexation. While there are a few other minor party candidates, it is unlikely that any will have an impact on the election. The next major events in the election will come this week. Sometine in the next few days, Grünesfeld, Winterbach, and Grimmlinger will announce their running mates. There is still much speculation over who these will be.

Stay tuned for HAN updates on HAN and Fluttr to stay up to date on the election.

lemYKis.jpg
sVrx2k3.jpg

P92orDx.jpg
AHUzUTT.jpg

kbSe1DZ.png

Government Agrees to New Funding for Syndicalist Compensation
by Mathilde Berg

Býkonsviði- The government recently agreed to set aside funds obtained by the auction of Syndicalist Party property for the Civil War Compensation Program. Minister of Work and Pensions Asger Dam addressed the media earlier today.

"The funds collected during the auction of Syndicalist Party property was set aside, as it was thought that profits made off of such things needed to be handled properly. I am happy to report that the cabinet has agreed that the money will be put towards the Compensation Program. It's my belief that the program will remain viable thanks to this influx, long enough to receive increased funding come the next budget. Assuming the other programs with large earmarks are completed on time."

The Civil War Compensation Program was established shortly after the fall of the Syndicalist government, on the advice of the Sáttargrunnur*. The program was meant to allow peoples displaced from their homes or robbed of their belongings by the Syndicalist regime to receive compensation in some way. The program has, unfortunately, struggled since its foundation.
Notable individuals have been able to recoup company assets, and even home and land. Even less-prominent citizens have been able to reclaim homesteads from the Syndicalist Collectivized farm plots with proper documentation. Successful cases, however, are outnumbered by ones dogged by frustration and a lack of funds.
For many the issue is said documentation. The program is open to all displaced Prydanians, those within Prydania and refugees who fled elsewhere. Yet for many refugees the rush to leave was quick and on-hand documentation is scarce. Often identity can be proven by collaboration with the host nation's own immigration services, but this is a lengthy process. And funds can be lacking even if identity and claims can be verified. The foreign aid gifted to Prydania is currently directed at infrastructure reconstruction. Rural schools specifically are still hurting, as the government works to train new teachers and build new facilities. The Compensation Program often gets the short end of things when it comes to producing budgets.

This brings us to the auction of Syndicalist Party property. The Syndicalist Party was declared a criminal organization and dissolved by Royal decree of His Majesty shorty after his coronation. Its assets were ordered to be liquidated and seized by the state. Many of the banners, pins, sashes, flags, and armbands were destroyed or put into storage. Larger assets- everything from office supplies to vehicles to buildings and even Inner Party members' flats and villas- were auctioned off by the government. The funds obtained were reasonably substantial.
Both Prime Ministers Aubyn and Brandt had struggled to decide what the money should go towards, given the nature of how it was earned. Until today, when the Prime Minister approved a proposal from Minister Dam to earmark the funds for the Compensation Program. Mr. Dam, however, had to answer questions about the program's viability, even with the new monetary influx.

"I promise everyone, the Compensation Program is going to survive. This helps, certainly, but the program will get more stable as more funds are earmarked for it."

It is hoped that twenty-seven new schools in rural communities will be open and staffed by the start of the 2020-2021 school year, and that the funds earmarked for such projects will be diverted to the Compensation Program.

*Sáttargrunnur- Reconciliation Commission, a government body established after the end of the Civil War to deal with the lingering effects of Syndicalist rule.

Last edited:
mhR4wic.png

A Not So Lonely Road

OlGdkac.jpg

More news from the great steppe of Essalanea. What started off as a harsh rivalry has now budded into a bond of camaraderie. It started many faithful months ago outside of Danek's Gap, Essalanea. Our brave comrades from an engineering corps volunteered to build a road stretching two hundred and sixty six kilometers from Danek's Gap in exchange for lucrative trade deals. They started a rivalry with a Norsian construction crew with a similar mission, to build a road from Danek's Gap. After many months, the road is now complete, and now serves as a dual lane carriage way for the growing freight industry. Already the road has seen over one million tons of raw materials such as coal and heavy metals such as uranium trucked in massive convoys. Roughly two hundred and fifty six convoys have made the journey. The month's long construction and constant pressure from each other at first was seen as a diplomatic incident waiting to happen, however it has proved to be a chance at friendship. After much discussion, it has been agreed that the engineering corps volunteers will be assisting with other projects that include the Norsians. Another, single lane, road has been in the works, as both teams now work tirelessly to complete the surveying necessary for the road's route and construction.

Babichev Radoslav, the head of the volunteers from the engineering corps, has this to say, "For a moment there we were ready to rip each other's heads off! Now though, now it's more teasing than I anything I suppose. Deep down we all just wanted to show that we could help. That our way is the best way, but we of course made fools of ourselves. We lucked out with the dual lane carriage way, but there won't be a next time. The Norsians, they worked hard, probably harder than us! And because of that we owe it to them and the locals to work together. For everyone's benefit."

Last edited:
dgW2FuB.png

All-Star CGB Stjarrnaskellur 2020
review by Þorvarður Mogen

Craviter Heavyweight Championship
Lucas "the Butcher" Buch (c) w/Sören Nezer v Viggo Vuse

The match was a pretty straightforward affair, with by the book flow. Vuse started off with the momentum to get the crowd hot, but ended up on the receiving end of Buch's beatdown before too long. Viggo plays an excellent babyface in peril and you could see the crowd eating out of his hand.
Viggo's comeback came around the time it should have, but you know what? It works. It's cut off by Nezer and Vikings I & II, but he powered out of the ambush, cleared house, ate a Fall of Man, and finished Buch off with a Spinebuster.
The match was pretty straightforward, but they've been building to this since before Gotmark, and there was only one right way to end this. Why not do it right, and send the fans home happy? **** 1/4*, minus 1/4* for the problematic aspects of Nezer's character, but damnit, he plays it so well.

Overall? The show is Recommended. It was a great blowoff to the year and, unlike some other flagship shows, wasn't seven bloody hours long.

Comments Section

Nýrbie89
seconds ago
I bet Mogen would have given it five stars if it were in Skanda :eyeroll:
^ 19 v 5

DT5Oqhs.jpg

An Interview with Faygar Falke: Essalanea's Wunderkind
1 Hour Ago
a4pRTm4.jpg

Our interview takes place in a small but very much upscale apartment in downtown Bergum, the walls are lined with pictures of far off steppe vistas and motorcycles. For the last 20 years Essalanean expatriate Faygar of clan Falke has been building his reputation and not inconsiderable fortune outside of the steppe, now with the launch of his first steppe based app, he is set to make a triumphant return to his homeland. GNN is pleased to provide its viewers with an exclusive interview with the man that many in Craviter are calling Essalanea's Wunderkind.

Standing at nearly 6 foot 5 and sporting an enormous beard, Falke is an imposing figure. His passion for all things tech is evident as he shows me the workshop where he tinkers with a beat-up military laptop. Falke is a bizarre mix of a tech guru and adrenaline junkie, his walls are as likely to have images of him engaging in motorcycle racing and game hunting as they are his work as a developer. His pride and joy is a stack of ageing programming manuals, the languages on the covers range from Cogorian to Hailesha.

After a final tour of the house(including a cursory glance at his collection of swords and firearms) we settle into two large chairs and begin. My glass of vodka is never lower than half full as my host pours and chats freely.

Thank you for having me here on such short notice
The timing was perfect actually, I had just got back from 3 months on the Steppe

You have developed a reputation as something of a nomadic genius
HA! let's see how my app does before we begin courting, I travel for contract work. Honestly, I spend more time in Bergum and Pataliputra then I do on the Steppe these days

You were born on the steppe?

Aye, I am a member of clan Falk in the nations south but my father took a liking to a Malorian woman and so we moved to Bergum a few years after my birth.

You returned to complete the clan trial in 1998
Yes, Falk children are expected to climb a mountain with minimal equipment in order to commune with Ziu. Reaching the top was one of the hardest and most rewarding experiences of my life.

How did you get into the tech game
I started smashing up computers to get an idea of how they worked, my dad ran a used electronics store in Bergum so there was usually computers and old phones lying around. I started learning to program using an old Cogorian primer from the '80s, took a while to read but it gave me the basics. After my time in the airforce as a technician, I did several years in Syrixia as a freelance programmer before coming home.

Your first market app was the wildly successful "Loom"
Yeah, Loom was an idea I had been working on while I was in Pataliputra. Basically I was beginning to miss the Essalanean community, we have a large diaspora but we lack technology. One night I was drinking in a dive bar and I had the worst craving for Essalanean bbq. My frustration at not being able to find a place led me to come up with a rudimentary phone app that allowed Essalanean businesses to register on a worldwide database. That eventually led to my next app "Yurt" a dating app for Essalanean Expats.

Arguably your most mainstream success was 2014's "Tribe"
The tribe app was an attempt to create a system which gave people the tools to essentially make their own clans. It featured everything from monetary sharing functions to private servers. I was actually surprised when it started getting used by student unions and social clubs.

You sold the rights to the app in 2016
Made a lot of money too

How do people in Essalanea regard you and your projects?
Its actually refreshing, back on the steppe I'm just Faygar. I live in a traditional manner, dress in furs and ride an iron horse. The steppe is my happy place. that said it is true that some regard me as an odd mix of unhorsed and horsed, to that all I can say is that I'm the future. I carry clan values but I interpret them through the lens of modernity.

Which brings us to your latest project "Clangregate"
Clangregate is basically a macro-social organisation tool, like tribe but on a grand scale. Essalanean society works collectively and that can cause a lot of confusion what with the country opening to the outside world. Clangregate simplifies the collective systems of clan life by allowing clans to create networks as part of a wider umbrella. Computers are still a rarity on the steppe but mobile phones are everywhere. Clangregate allows chieftains to set up rosters, make announcements and initiate online moots. Its basically a means of bringing clan life into the modern sphere while preserving its uniqueness.

You surprised a lot of investors when you announced that your shares would be linked to clan Falke
I might live abroad but I am a loyal son of Falke. We share everything on the steppe and the proceeds from Clangregate are no exception.

Finally, Gaiseric Volkmann recently suggested that you were an example of how Essalaneans can harness the diaspora, what's your take on that
Essalanea is a land of innovators, living in a land where everything from the weather to the people want to kill tends to encourage adaption. Eras is going to be seeing a lot more of Essalanea's innovation in the coming years as more ex-pats begin returning home I can tell you that.

Last edited:
dLcAvY8.png
Liberals Win Big in 2020, Ditch National Sovereigntists
By: Phillipe Dupuy
February 5, 2020

UsUeYbg.jpg

Leopold Dupont, after negotiations with coalition government members

Big news for the Liberal Party today, as they've been handed the Presidential mandate to rule from Bernard Chauveau. The Party, which has been the Senior Member of the governing Directorate since 2015, sought to firmly establish their mandate by dissolving their government early and winning a larger share of seats in the Senate. And while they did not outright accomplish their goal, the new electoral alliance which has been established has allowed them to sever ties with the Sovereigntist List.

Ever since the 2015 election, the Liberal Party has been unable to firmly govern Callise due to their electoral reliance on the National Sovereigntist coalition, whose hardline isolationist stance was in direct contrast to the Liberal Party's free trade policy. This came to a head when the Liberal Party moved to join the Craviter Economic Association at the Astissa Conference. In response, renegade Sovereigntist Directorate members ordered the closure of the border with Highton. This issue was quickly rectified by Dupont, who removed the cabinet member, but led to the permanent break between the Sovereigntists and the governing coalition.

After these events, the Government dissolved to hold elections in January. While the Liberal Party ended up losing seats in both houses, their close coalition partners in the Nationalist League and Civic-Republican Union made significant gains in both houses. This allowed the Liberal Party to coalition with these parties, in addition to the Progressive Conservatives and Liberty Party.

This new Directorate will likely be far more cohesive than the First Dupont Directorate, as the radical isolationism of the Sovereigntists will no longer obstruct Liberal agenda. The Directorate will be sworn in during the next few days. We'll keep you updated as this story develops.

Last edited:
uY0DzgN.jpg

Morning Edition, 17 March 2020

EMBARASSMENT FOR HAOR CHALL – NAVY SAILORS ON GOODWILL TOUR CAUSE HAVOC IN DEMESCIA

ldftHLJ.jpg

The HCNS Valiant and Unity alongside in Anthropinònt, Demescia

Omoxoje, Demescia - Eight sailors from the Haor Chall Navy were arrested in Demescia last night for drunk and disorderly conduct. The sailors were from the navy frigates HCNS Valiant and HCNS Unity, which are travelling along the coast of Meterra on a diplomatic goodwill tour. The ships have been conducting training exercises and other defence engagements with nations along their route and had hosted a diplomatic reception, along with the Charrian Ambassador to Demescia, whilst alongside in Omoxoje the previous evening.

After the reception the ships had moved further along the coast to the town of Anthropinònt, where the ships crew were given “shore leave” – the opportunity to leave the ship and blow off steam, which it appears some of the crew took too far. In addition to the rowdy sailors attempting to drink the town out of alcohol, there were numerous reports of fighting in the streets although this appears to have all been between members of the two ships crews and did not involve any Demescians. The local police force has confirmed that eight sailors were taken into custody for drunken and disorderly conduct, including public urination and, for three sailors, resisting arrest - with at least one sailor having to be tased.

Although the locals of Anthropinònt largely viewed last nights events with humour, the manager of a bar near the waterfront told the Standard “We weren’t prepared for a couple of hundred thirsty sailors to descend on us, I know a lot of places were understaffed and struggled to cope.” Another local resident referenced the historic predations of raiders from the Charrian east coast, “It’s a bit like those old tales of Charrian pirates, although this time they were largely fighting each other…!”

The eight sailors appeared in a Demescia court this morning and were released. It is unclear whether they face any further criminal action in the country, but they will now face sanctions under Charrian military law. A Ministry of Defence spokesman added: “The Naval Service places great importance on maintaining the highest possible standards of behaviour from its personnel at all times.”

SAINTONGE META REFERNDUM TOO CLOSE TO CALL

With only a few weeks until Saintonians vote on whether the country should join the Meterran Economic Treaty Association, a poll commissioned exclusively for the Daily Standard suggests that the referendum result will be exceedingly close. The poll of 2000 Saintonians puts the Yes vote at 32%, No at 31% and 37% still undecided, with both sides within the margin of error. The closeness of the polls will be a disappointment to Prime Minister Courseaux, whose personal popularity was expected to help deliver a strong Yes vote. However, whilst the proportion of undecided voters is shrinking there still remains a sizeable minority of Saintonians who have yet to make up their minds and could be persuaded to vote in favour. The government has tried hard to avoid framing the vote as a referendum on Ms. Courseaux’s leadership but talk of her political future, should the vote go against the government, has started to be mentioned quietly in Party circles.

There have been some attempts by META members to woo Saintonian voters, including high-profile visits from figures such as the Charrian Director (Minister) for International Trade, Nikos Gollwitzer. META itself has been cautious on taking too direct a role in the Saintonian referendum however, for fears of being seen as too overbearing. There has been increasing criticism of this approach, as some consider this to have allowed space for false narratives to have gone uncorrected. Edard Nark, an economist at the Chorros Institute said, “The failure of META to seriously engage with the question of immigration, a major concern for many in Saintonge, is a mistake. The example of other nations within META at a similar level of economic development to Saintonge would suggest that these fears over immigration are overblown.”

Sources from the Charrian government have said that the government prefers to focus on positive messaging about META and, unofficially, is expecting announcements in the next couple of days from some major Charrian businesses on the potential for new inward investment in Saintonge, should the country decide to join META.

JvBQRZ1.jpg

Last edited:
JsVKd14.png

SyaQ8tx.png

Reflections on Thomas Nielsen from a Child of the Inner Party
by Sölvi Buhl

This was an interesting assignment. One that I'm still unsure about despite having completed it. My editor said "it's Thomas Nielsen's birthday in two weeks. Can you have something ready by then?"
"What sort of something?" I asked.
"A retrospective?" he asked me, clearly unsure.

I suppose it was a good idea. Thomas Nielsen, for better or worse, had an effect on our nation like no other. To assign him to a collective national amnesia, as if the Syndicalist Era were one bad dream, would be doing our own history a disservice. For better or worse? We need to talk about him.
So I began to think of how this would go, and the first thing to come to mind was "why me?" My editor picked me for a reason. I was ten when the Syndicalists seized power, and my father was a rather high ranking member of the Inner Party. I spent the first half of the Syndicalist era in a sheltered bubble in Býkonsviði. My editor knows this. He selected me for that reason, or so I would think. So I began to approach this article from that perspective. What really gave me focus, however, was the RÚV.pr article on former Outer Party propaganda puppet Mads Adami and his attempts to live a relatively normal life.

The RÚV's story paints a sympathetic picture of a man who got caught up in the Syndicalist movement, doing what he could for it until the totality of that regime's abuses became too much to ignore. It covers how he just wishes to live a normal life now that he's been given a clean slate thanks to the King's mass pardon at the end of the War. As someone familiar with his Syndicalist government work, who even enjoyed it at one point? It's rather eye rolling to read. His self-pity masks his culpability. I doubt the RÚV's article would have had quite the effect it did had it not been for this line.

"I want a party that works for working people..."
The speed in which my eyes roll whenever this sentiment is muttered by people after the war could power us as a nation for so long it could probably bankrupt Malorian Oil. Let me be clear. Of all of Thomas Nielsen's lasting legacies, this is the most damaging.
"A party for working people." What does that mean? Truly, what does it mean? A party for the good of the working class, one suspects, but shouldn't that be accomplished via a movement that looks to improve the country as whole? My outrage isn't born of ignorance. Nor classism, as some might accuse me of. As I said, my father was Inner Party. I grew up in the midst of Syndicalist power and influence for a good chunk of the regime and Civil War. Perhaps it's because of this that I can recognize this bunk for what it is.

The historians and political scientists are probably better qualified to go into details, but at some point in this country's history the industrial working class- minority that was- got it into their heads that class struggle essentially defined them as a people. I am hesitant to use the term "race" so incorrectly but if one looked at the discourse concerning working people in the Syndicalist movement beginning around the 1920s? One notices that organized labour and the Syndicalist Party spoke of the industrial workers of this country as if they were truly another race of people. Separated from the rest of the country not only by profession, trade, and interests but by something deeper. The "common spirit of the working man," "the universal struggle of labour," "working class culture and literature." As if the working man of Prydania had more of a cultural connection to Picardies literature than Tommy Lind's quintessentially Prydanian novels.

This stream of thought, though always there, wasn't truly focused and turned into a rallying cry until Nielsen came around. And it's here that I must hold Mr. Adami and those Lost Syndicalist Generation troglodytes like him to account. "I want a party that works for working people" they say as they vote for the People's Party. I say this as a People's Party voter myself; we do not want you!

Does your lot lack all sense of historical self-reflection? Read a book, skim old newspapers. Dare to venture out of your own self-pitty and you'd realize that the People's Party's ideological fore-bearers were removed from the Syndicalist Party by Nielsen and his lot in the early 1990s. Why? They were attacked, ridiculed, shouted down, and driven away for not being "true working class" or "class traitors." The very attitude Mr. Adami and those like him are taking into the People's Party now is the same attitude that drove it away from the Syndicalist "broad church" in the first place. This obsession with preserving an idealized view of the industrial working class as a noble cultural mover was last relevant to the needs of actual working class people in the mid 1950s, yet it was that attitude- militarized and darkened- that led to Nielsen's regime.
The People's Party is a chance for us to have true social democracy in Prydania. Do not taint it with your old tribalism you cannot let die. I am truly sorry if you lot cannot conceptualize an identity for yourselves beyond it, but do not try to twist our new movement into the shape of the the one that shunned our predecessors.
If you truly care about this country? Think of how everyone can benefit, not merely your artificial tribe based on such noble cultural touchstones as the socialist book club or the corduroy mariner's cap.

Some might accuse of me of acting out against my father's politics. I should hope that, at twenty-eight, I am not still letting angst regarding my parents dictate my worldview. It would be wrong to say that I was not influenced by my upbringing, however. This "working class folk" mentality was poured into me. I was ten when the Syndicalists seized control of this country. The abuses of the Loðbrók dynasty, the old aristocracy, and the churches were drilled into me, as was the idea of a glorious society built on the common worker- educated, hard working, strong, noble. With a culture now unshackled, one of reason and experimental art. Of universal comradeship.
And as a child of Inner Party members I soon became aware of all of the hypocrisy behind it. How the old private schools of the old nobility and bourgeois classes perpetuated social stratification while we learned of this in private Inner Party schools separated from other children. How we were part of a new generation building an equal society while Shaddaists were killed in the streets and Laurenist and Couratist churches alike were purged from the countryside. How the party of the common man was liberating the farmers while taking away their means of survival in the gambit for ideological purity.

Already the Mads Adamis of the country are shouting at me.
"We know that!" they claim.
"It was wrong, and we see that now! We don't support that movement any longer!"

Ok then. Why do you continue Thomas Nielsen's lie, that a radicalized political machine based on working class identity politics is desirable? If you are truly ready to be better people...embrace the future. Where we all have to rebuild the country side by side. King and commoner, farmer and Thane, lifting together.

Last edited:
s7kIFXe.png

weeWtIV.png

Sophia Gallagher Speaks on Receiving the Frée Republican Parties Nomination in 2018

"I remember I was at home with my husband, sick with the flu, staring at the tele' like it was the last thing I was gonna do it life; just waiting and anticipating if the FéRP was gonna follow through in my hopes. And seeing a photo of myself along with my name pop up on that homey-olive green background just felt so good."-President Sophia Gallagher.

It was a stormy night in Ukrgo as the elections of 2015 got closer and closer in the minds of every FéRP candidate running at that time. On a lonely March 1st the announcement would come out on who would be the FéRP's candidate was for Presidency. Our reporters with the Lion's Trumpet were lucky enough to sit down with President Sophia Gallagher for our rapid fire questions of our standard weekly section.

Reporter: So what was your biggest fear with getting nominated?

Mrs. President: Well initially it was the nervous chills that go through your body when you are the one chosen for this kind of stuff, like questions start going through your mind like, What if I don't win the election? or What if i'm not liked? But after getting over those fears I was just scared that I wasn't gonna have enough time for my husband as family is essential.

Reporter: What is it like being the first woman of color in office?

Mrs. President: I had my concerns about that in the beginning but I reassured myself as I live in a welcoming country. I've faced some discrimination, sure. Who hasn't? It was a topic that actually came up during my Inter-party primary and how people wouldn't vote for me because of my heritage and skin tone. The whole idea of not voting someone for their skin tone is very undemocratic like.

Reporter: Ah, a big part of your campaign was opening up Ukrgo to foreign investments and bringing Ukrgo into foreign markets as well, do you have anything important or something to brag about?

Mrs. President: (Chuckles) Although I don't like to brag, I would say I am proud of our most recent deals with Syrixia. This enables the spread of business, especially their strong technology sector, to the Ukrgo market. This is what the mission statement of cooperation is because we will benefit from this continued friendship with foreign nations and their industrial, or tech sectors.

Reporter: Earlier this year, you funded a limited edition 100 Florael card, would you like to expand on that?

Mrs. President: What is their to expand on? The Florael has been in circulation since the foundation of the Republic in 1920 and my government decided that we should at least commemorate it in a special day other than an extra large Ukrite Day celebration. Its a nice 'cherry on top' as I would like to say, a beautiful florael-bill.

Reporter: Alright, Last question, what is the weirdest criticism you've ever received?

Mrs. President: Man, I'd say my style. I've been told that I dress to masculine. I guess people just don't like the suit and tie anymore.

Crilalia Seeks to Hold Second Independence Referendum
The Crilalian Legislative Assembly passed a motion today to formerly request that the government grant them the authority to hold a referendum on independence. Additionally, the Premier sent a letter to META asking them to put pressure on the Plembobrian government to allow a referendum to go ahead. Prime Minister Durand posted on fluttr immediately, pledging to discuss the issue with the cabinet at the next meeting. The Premier fired back that he could grant the power right away.

It's completely uncertain what will happen next. The Government could deny the province the right to hold a second vote. Meanwhile, our META ambassador is attempting damage control at META headquarters.

More to come.

nBPOGNm.jpg

1 Hour ago

BREAKING NEWS: CHAOS IN RIO VERDE AS POLICE FAIL TO CONTAIN PROTESTORS!

JksvO3l.jpg

The streets of Rio have descended into violence and disorder as protestors belonging to the Nativist and Independence movements succeeded in breaking through police cordons across the city and engaging in pitched battles. Riots are already estimated to have caused ₭ 40 Million worth of damage to properties and infrastructure. Police forces were too thinly stretched to bring the situation under control and have instead been fighting running battles with large clusters of protestors across the downtown area. 40 people are believed to have been killed including 7 police officers in what commentators are calling "Rio's Darkest Day" Analysts are now predicting that the turmoil in the city-state and the perceiving inability of the city council to police it will embolden calls for the city to be returned to mainland control.

mhR4wic.png

Demilitarization along the Demilitarized Zone

Ale1xQo.jpg

Cyllis (pictured above) a small town on the coast overlooking the Meterren Sea. It is rather quiet, has not that man residents, and lies within the Epiphanes. The town is unremarkable in a quaint rustic way. However, not long ago, the residents were not in the Epiphaes. They resided in Fuss. For close to thirty years the town has technically been under occupation. Not in the traditional sense. There are no armed soldiers. No burning buildings. No bodies in the streets. People are outside, smiling, living a life that seems free of a conflict that resides firmly in the past. There are many such cities and residents who share this same fate. However, recently both the Epiphanes and The Socialist Republic of Fuss have joined the international coalition of the Iterian League. Using this as a jumping off point, the ambassador to the Epiphanes Jasenko Perlic chose to broach the subject of a potential demilitarization of the demilitarized zone. He cited the mutual protection of all of Iteria as the basis of said talks. The People's committee of Administration and Tribunals pushed further more requesting the return of seized territories during the Peninsula conflict. The talks are still ongoing, however it has been agreed said territories shall be returned to the governance of the Socialist Republic.

Many of the older generation are showing their patriotism during this time. Most seem excited to finally return to the way of life they were born under. Some were stubborn enough to speak Fussian exclusively during the post-conflict era. However, there are many who have been born and lived most of their lives during the rule of the Epiphanes. They speak Umbral. They have taken on the culture. They have been schooled differently. Many more have spoken of the logistical nightmare in the switch of currencies and businesses to function under the new governance.

Mr. Perlic had this to say on the matter.

"We're still a time away from any proper transfer, but it is good to see that we can bury the past and finally move forward towards a peaceful Iteria."

uY0DzgN.jpg

Evening Edition, 24 March 2020

RETIRED KUAT CEO SPEAKS OUT ON SAINTONIAN REFERENDUM

Xi Char & Kuat – This morning two major Charrian industrial firms, Haor Chall Engineering and Kuat Industries, have announced plans for significant investments in Saintonge – if the country joins META. Media reaction has been focused on the involvement of the former Kuat Industries CEO, Leonhard Kuat, who made the announcement on behalf of the family firm. An influential and charismatic business leader, who oversaw a massive modernisation of the Kuat business empire during his tenure as CEO, Leonhard Kuat also has close personal ties with Saintonge. He studied there through the nations E-Curie program and worked in the country for many years before returning to Haor Chall to take his place in Kuat Industries. He has avoided public appearances since standing down as CEO and until now has not spoken on behalf of the company since retiring.

The retired CEO made a passionate argument for why Saintonge would benefit economically from joining META and made reference to his years in the country during the announcement. Kuat said, “Saintonge joining META presents a golden opportunity for businesses to invest, economic alignment within META increases efficiency and makes it possible for a company like ours to consider expansion into Saintonge – which I have always been an advocate for…. From my experience living and working there for many years, Saintonians don’t just have an amazingly deep culture, they have an excellently educated workforce…. who would be able to contribute greatly to the many areas of important and highly technical work involved with what we do. The benefits that will flow to Saintonge and Haor Chall from META are many, not just in investment and jobs – but the least of which will be to make Saintonge an easier and more affordable holiday destination for Charrians – which I can personally heartily recommend.”

Asked how he viewed the immigration question, which has been a major factor in the Saintonian debate, Leonhard Kuat declined to take a strong stance, “I was an immigrant in Saintonge myself, of course, so I think I recognise the value of such immigration both to Saintonge and to those like myself who go to live and work in such a great nation. I think the immigration issue is a little misunderstood by the international media, Saintonge has a great history of programmes like E-Curie which encourage inward migration – to me it looks like the main concern is about how those existing systems will work within the META framework. And, you know, I think that’s a fair question. My view is that it should be a good thing, and there’s bound to be room for discussion on this issue once they’re within META, but really it’s a question only the people of Saintonge can decide how they feel about.”

The plans from both companies would see a large inflow of foreign cash into Saintonge, with the potential to create thousands of high-skill jobs. The package from Kuat Industries would total hundreds of millions of Ambrosia over the next 5 years and the Haor Chall Engineering plan would provide nearly sixty million Ambrosia of investment almost immediately after succession to META. The announcements had largely been expected by markets, after the Charrian government suggested last week that some firms already had plans for inward investment in Saintonge. The stock price of Haor Chall Engineering jumped 3% and the Saintonian Livre strengthened against both the Ambrosia and the Meten following the announcements. Further detail and analysis of the announced investment plans, and the economic benefits for Saintonge, can be found in the International Business section from Page 16.

JvBQRZ1.jpg

Last edited:
rtHYRkj.png

sO7YuR1.jpg

1 Hour Ago

Astragonese Governor Blasts Rio over security failings

n4tRLnO.jpg

Governor Ekene Na Tambesha of the Emmereh region took to national television to criticise the legation council of Rio over their failure to maintain order.

"You have failed to adequately provide for your population! your streets are running red with the blood of neglected citizens! You have failed in your mandate and the time has come to return what is rightfully Astragonese!"

Governor Tambesha whose region borders Rio has been a strong critic of what he has frequently referred to as "A neo-colonial stain upon our land" and with the coming re-integration, his appearances on live television have grown more colourful. A loyal supporter of the Empress he had this to say:

"There is no question that Bayyah Na Emmereh will be ours once more, the Empress will see our nations greatest shame erased!"

Z8kYmXV.png

GOVERNMENT, AURORIAN COUNTRIES INAUGURATE PROSPER AURORIA INITIATIVE
by Prakash Patel in Pataliputra
April 12, 2001

PTI9_12_2019_000233B-770x433.jpg

The State Curator announcing the Prosper Auroria initiative in Zenshito, the capital of Haven.

NIOPOLI, HAVEN- During a state visit to the Kingdom of Haven today, R. Hon. Diwan Sahab Ji made two landmark announcements regarding the Empire's trade relations with both Haven and Auroria at large.

Following up on a comprehensive trade agreement with the Kingdom of Abelfreyja, the State Curator's first announcement was that of a similar agreement with the Havens, to the north. The deal mostly regards infrastructure: under its terms, the Empire will be developing hydropower and telecommunications infrastructure, alongside SVS investment, among other things such as the encouragement of private investment in the country. The Empire will also be sending a direct, one-time payment as a formal apology to the government and people of the Havens for the Empire's departure from the island in 1820 due to the cataclysmic Mt. Meru eruption, which strained Imperial resources but also left the Haveni suddenly on their own, without any preparational or transitionary period.

While this was praised as a landmark deal for Imperial-Haveni relations, with some prominent theorists hypothesizing that the deal may precede a Haveni accession to the Commonwealth, it ultimately pales in comparison to the State Curator's second announcement: the initiation of an Imperial financial program known as Prosper Auroria.

A two-for-one trade initiative and infrastructure agreement, Prosper Auroria, according to the State Curator in his speech earlier today, "empowers Aurorian countries and workers with manageable loans and bilateral coordination between the Empire and Aurorian clients." The State Curator continued, stating that "Imperial companies not only bring significant capital, innovation, and proven solutions, but adhere to the highest standards of transparency, quality, and social responsibility. A greater connection between the Empire and Auroria will reinforce and strengthen ties between Aurorian markets and those of the West, opening a gateway for Aurorian countries to experience greater prosperity, and for us to duly act as that gateway."

Aurorian heads of state, in turn, gave glowing reviews, both of the initiative and of its formation. "With the continued cooperation between the states on the many Aurorian Islands and Syrixia," stated President Sophia Gallagher of Abelfreyja, "there is nothing that could help as much as more investment via the Prosper Auroria Initiative." Maximus, Prince of the Havens, gave a statement of optimism for the future, stating, "It is my hope that Prosper Auroria will be the beginning of a new era of cooperation and common action between the various states of Auroria. Through our partnership with the Empire, we lay the seeds of an ever-brighter future for all Aurorian peoples." Karlo Vespenaŭro, Prime Minister of Swindenland, stated that "we are immeasurably thankful for being a part in the Prosper Auroria program. From now on the future will be bright for all of us. It won't be just Auroria benefiting from this initiative, but also the relationship between the Syrixian Empire and the Republic of Swindenland. Every Swind values a helping hand in need."

However, by far the most important agreement and subsequent endorsement was that of the Imperium Epiphani. The twin state of the Epiphanes as well as the preeminent regional power with a large population and domestic economy to boot, the Imperium's cooperation was a massive win for HM Government's ambitious program. While relations between the Empire and the Imperium have always been strong, especially in trade, reports say that Epiphani negotiators were nonetheless concerned regarding the specific nature of Prosper Auroria loans and how and when they would be paid back.

Nevertheless, these concerns appear to have ultimately been allayed, and are also likely the source of the State Curator's brief mention of "manageable loans". Ultimately, Epiphani Imperator Augustus himself stated, "I am pleased to be in business with the Syrixian Empire and this deal makes our ties with them stronger. The development of the eastern reaches of the Empire is important and we will be able to extract more Iron and Oil than before." The Imperator also complimented the Imperial negotiators, stating, "I am also pleased with the way the Syrixian representatives acted while making this treaty", referring to the Imperial-Epiphani cooperation agreement negotiated and signed as part of Prosper Auroria.

With Prosper Auroria set to make major strides tradewise for Aurorian countries as said countries open up to the global market, rumors circled almost immediately within the Empire's international relations community - no doubt bolstered by Prince Maximus' statement - that the initiative would precede a possible pan-Aurorian agreement. Time, however, as with most things, will tell.

Translation by Vijay Dongre
April 12, 2001

Share This Story!

Last edited:
QHmuWwt.png

Breaking: Tiyad Palace Announces Plans to hold Senate Elections

YaZeynj.jpg

Upon his ascension, the King's staff have been hosting regular press briefings at the Tiyad Palace. The King has not taken up residence at the official Royal Palace of Intelligentsia.

(8.00AM, Intelligentsia) - During the morning press briefing at the Intelligentsia Royal Palace, journalists were surprised to see the King himself appear to address the assembled reporters. While the morning briefing contained plenty of positive news for the Kingdom, including plans to privatise McMasterdonian Global News to keep it outside of the direct control of the monarchy, proposed changes to the enumerated powers of the provinces to strengthen local governments, and plans to invest billions of dollars in refurbishment of the countries roads that had been damaged by the insurgency, it was dominated about questions about the rumoured strained relationship between the King and his Grandmother and former regent. Many questioned why the King had not taken up residence at his official residence, instead staying at the smaller Tiyad Palace. The Press Secretary for the King assured reporters that it was simply a result of not wishing to relocate his Grandmother, who was now well into her 80s. Nonetheless, all of the above was overshadowed by the King's further announcement. Elections will be returning to the Kingdom of McMasterdonia.

GMDdK0b.png

The King speaks to assembled reporters.​

"With stability upon us, it is time forto restore the vitality of the legislature. Now is the time for us to harness the energy of our people to build a stronger McMasterdonia. The Senate, comprising of two senators elected per McMasterdonian province, shall serve as my partners in overseeing this process." the King said. There are no immediate plans for the Senate to have any role in the appointment of the executive, with these powers residing solely with the King. Nonetheless, elections represent a return to normality for the Kingdom following years of conflict and civil strife.

While the elections intend to use a similar electoral map to previous elections, this does not reflect the scale of the devastation. Some cities depicted on the map, such as the City of Castello lay mostly in ruins, with their dispossessed people residing in other neighbouring provinces including Isabella. The Palace will publish a royal decree allowing residents to vote via post, rather than return to their province of origin as tradition would dictate. Political Parties are allowed to compete in the election but must be approved by the Royal Palace in order to appear on the ballot. The King indicated that the centre right Alliance for McMasterdonia party led by his cousin Princess Fatima, the nationalist Kianese Imperial Party led by Lord Demetrius of Ceduna, and the centre-left Liberal Democrats led by former Foreign Minister Sophia Strauzenberg will be allowed to compete in this years Senate election.

91f5Q52.png

Electoral Map of the McMasterdonian Senate​

The new King's efforts to modernise the country are winning widespread support amongst the populace, with estimates that over 90% of McMasterdonian's support the move to hold Senate elections. More to come.

From the Mondic Broadcasting Company
The government had just told the MBC that they are sending nuclear physicists to the nation of Epiphani in order to help the governmental scientists in Epiphani develop a nuclear power plant and uranium enrichment center. When asked if the enrichment centers would be able to be converted to develop nuclear weaponry, Mr. Campbell told the MBC that "Mondari is dedicated to helping its allies across the water, we are not sending our best physicists to Epiphani in the aims of helping them build weaponry. Our aim is to help them diversify their energy sources, we want them to focus more on clean energy. This mission will bring our nations together in a closer union than we currently have." That was all we could get out of Mr. Brooks, however, the MBC will keep the people of Mondari up to date if any more developments occur.

Last edited:
THE VALKYRJANNA HERALD
GOVERNMENT FALLS TO INSURGENT AGENTS

The_Russian_Revolution%2C_1905_Q81553.jpg

After weeks of rioting and offensive action from paramilitary groups throughout the country, the valkyrjanna Government has fallen to the revolutionaries. On the day of April 19th, 2020, the Valkyrjanna flag was lowered at the state's capital and the flag of the Valkyrjanna 6th Infantry Regiment was raised.

These revolutionaries are believed to have acted in reaction to worsening economic times under the administration of Prime Minister Tracy Lund. While Lund has been popular with Democratic Socialists, her policies have neglected the economic consequences that her policies inadvertently caused, which has weakened the already struggling economy.

Following the fall of the Valkyrjanna Government, Colonel Natalie Livingston appears to be new head of state, although her precise title other than leader is anyone's guess. In a speech soon after the flag was raised, Colonel Livingston attempted to reassure the public that the new government under her command would take immediate action to improve Valkyrjurnar's economy. Some fear that she may infringe on the rights of individuals in Valkyrjurnar to achieve this goal, however no official statement from her or the new government has been made on this.

Last edited:
GSwHWdr.png

Vabriel 3 Mission Reaches Beiras, Prydanian Second Man on Furthest Moon
by Njörður Hofteig

I2NXtzE.png

Býkonsviði- Yama, commonly known as "the moon," was first reached by Goyaneans in the 1980s. The awe the world felt seeing man first set foot upon the moon was incredible. For the first time ever mankind had graced another celestial body. Syrixian missions to Yama followed, furthering speculation that a new age fuelled by the scientific exploration of space. This, sadly, did not materialize. The 1980s proved to be a turbulent time that saw emerging space programs slashed to the bone as wars and upheavals took their toll. Prydania itself was no stranger to this. Not to say that the late King Robert VII was a champion of space exploration, but his reign was certainly more conducive to scientific innovation than that of his son and successor.

Regardless, the space exploration that followed the last Goyanean and Syrixian explanations to Yama focused on satellites, unmanned drones, and manned missions that never exceeded orbit. Goyanes and Syrixia both led the way then too, with space stations that are both still in orbit today.
That is not to say that these efforts are to belittled. They improved the lives of everyone on Eras, advanced our understanding of deep space as a species, and provide numerous other scientific benefits through continued experimentation. Still, the focus had turned inward compared to the Yama moon mission.

Mankind, though, has finally surpassed the bounds of its closest celestial body. The Vabriel 3 mission launched by the joint Norsian/Prydanian Space Agency landed men on Beiras after two test missions in orbit around Yama proved successful. The Norsian cosmonaut Oskar Lambert was the first man to step foot on Beiras. He was followed by Prydanian cosmonaut Torfi Vestein, the second man to set foot on the outer moon. Norsian cosmonaut Viktor Ubbein stayed aboard the Vabriel 3 capsule, piloting it as it orbited the smaller, outer moon of our planet.

"I can see Eras, and I can see Craviter. Its majesty, its beauty is astounding" Oskar Lambert said, planting a pole that contained both the Norsian and Prydanian flags.

"We've made history and broken the bounds of human exploration. Not bad for the descendent of a viking, eh?" Torfi Vestein joked. Vestein had earlier made headlines leading his Norsian shipmates in Prydanian viking sailing songs as the Vabriel 3 craft passed Yama, marking the three cosmonauts' milestones as having travelled further into space than any humans before them.

Lambert, Vestein, and Ubbein's accomplishments will go down in history, but the path to this point has been an interesting one. The Norsian Space Agency was given a higher profile in 2017, soon after the ascent of Empress Alycia. The agency gained increased funding, including the construction of a "Star City" in central Norsia, used to train cosmonauts.
Increased cooperation with Prydania in other areas related to trade and Norsian assistance in reconstruction led to the possibility of a Prydanian role in the space agency. Such a venture was- and remains- beyond Prydania's resources. Still, the Norsian Agency was struggling to find qualified cosmonaut candidates due to neglect during the reign of Empress Ellie. This led to Prydania lending some Royal Prydanian Air Force (KPF) pilots with Civil War combat experience to train as cosmonauts. The agency soon gained its "Norsian-Prydanian Space Agency" moniker.

Maríam Blómkvist would provide the final piece to the puzzle, however. The Prydanian rocket scientist had gained attention during the Civil War due to her work in rocketry at the University of Býkonsviði. She was at the centre of a minor international incident when reports of her work worried a number of neutral nations that the Syndicalist Republic might acquire the means to produce inter-continental ballistic missiles.

Dr. Blómkvist's work earned her an Inner Party profile in the Syndicalist Republic. This meant she was not covered by His Majesty's pardon at the end of the Civil War. She was investigated by government authorities, but was deemed to have not been complicit in any crimes of the regime. Dr. Blómkvist formally renounced the Syndicalist Party and Syndicalist Republic as a condition of her reinstatement at the University of Býkonsviði, and shortly thereafter was contacted by the government to work with the Norsian Space Agency on the Prydanian government's behalf.

Dr. Blómkvist led the new Norsian-Prydanian Space Agency's development of the Máni-1 rocket, a rocket that could match the Goyanean and Syrixian rockets that led to the Yama moon missions of the 1980s. It proved sufficient in being able to get a manned Norsian Vabriel spacecraft to the second moon of Beiras. The test two test flights and successful Vabriel 3 mission followed.

The Prime Minister's Office re-iterated that Prydania is happy to provide technical expertise and pilots to the NPSA program, but stressed that any financial investment- even in light of the successful landing- was decades off at least.

Still, for a nation mending itself after a brutal civil war that saw millions killed and displaced, being able to look up at the night sky and know that it helped put men on the furthest of our world's moons will bring pride. What is space exploration about, if not the desire to better one's self and strive ever forward, however endless the gap above seems to be?

THE VALKYRJANNA HERALD
PARLIAMENT RE-ESTABLISHED

houses-of-parliament-house-of-commons-chamber-d037ae0815510a7b8a8832d0e0e7fa00.jpg

Following international pressure and internal pressure from citizens, Colonel Natalie Livingston has made a statement regarding the future of Valkyrjanna:

"There has been a lot of concern regarding the recent removal of Tracy Lund from power, and how I and my associates will run it differently from hers. Firstly, I would like to quell any fears that I am going to be any sort of tyrannical dictator. While in this transitional period I have made several changes to the systems at hand, these have been primarily to restore economic stability to Valkyrjanna.

Elections to elect a new prime minister, along with any changes in seating in parliament, will occur on the 30th of this month. The Parliament and the prime minister will continue to be the democratic center of Valkyrjanna's government, and Valkyrjanna will continue to uphold the rights of individuals to elect members of government who represent them."

Despite this statement, worries still linger with some over modifications made to the constitution during Livingston's brief time as head of state. During this time, Livingston has established the 'Valkyrjanna Security Council', whose goal is to 'ensure the future political and economic stability of the nation'. The security council appears to be made of Livingston and her associates, and it appears that the security council has the power to veto any decisions made by the prime minister or parliament. Some worry that this will continue to make Livingston the de-facto executive head of Valkyjanna.

Last edited:
zoi_post_noki.png

Penguin "Cave of Death" Found Nearby Towada

37 minutes ago // Dar Noki Stories

TOWADA, Mizumi is usually a quiet port town frequented by tourists, pilgrims, and geologists alike seeking to begin their adventures up the Yama Hai [Ash Mountain]. This peaceful image was shattered last Tuesday when tourists discovered a cave filled to the brim with half-eaten carcasses, bones, and dried blood.

The cave, a short walk from the coastal trail of Yama Hai, was discovered by a young couple visiting the area from Saintonge while trying to find their dog. The pet had wondered to the mouth of an undocumented cave. What the couple saw inside would later be described as the largest non-humanoid 'mass-grave' in Dar Zoi's history. They specifically noted that blood had stained the surfaces of the cave and that rotting carcasses of half-eaten seals were piled up in the rear end of the main chamber. Unsure what the cause of this was, the couple immediately notified authorities in Towada who confirmed what the couple had seen.

After only a night of investigation, the Mizumi authorities were able to determine the origin of what they described as a "Cave of Death": Penguins. The flightless birds are an increasingly problematic pest in the Mizumi and Yuki clans, despite a decreasing population. As their habitats are encroached upon by human development, their territorial instincts have caused them to grow more violent in their attacks on animal habitats. After this discovery had been made, authorities immediately sectioned off the coastal trail of Yama Hai to all public visiting.

When asked to comment regarding the reasoning behind this, the Police Coordinator in Mizumi responded with, "We need to safely eliminate and move the previously unknown pack of Zoi Penguins. Currently, allowing the public into the area presents a major risk. It's an attack waiting to happen. In fact, we already believe that some of the bones found in the Cave are of humanoid origin. We can't risk anyone else's safety."

[Co-Written by @Haven]

Last edited:
latest

Esperuntu 2.04 released!
Esperuntu 2.04 is a new free and open-source operating system for computers, laptops, servers and IoT devices. It is free to download and to modify. Marko Ŝatelvorfo, the CEO of Canonic, a Swind server and software company that is the main sponsor and developer of Esperuntu, described the new OS and its release date:

"Linos operating systems have thus far only been availabe to computer scientists and could not be used by regular productive and creative people. Esperuntu is a free, fast and simple operating system for everyone. Thus far the market was dominated by ValhallaOS and AlefOS. Many could not afford proprietary software or were worried about the lack of privacy, that's where we present you the alternative. The Linos community and Canonic present you Esperuntu 2.04!"

latest

Details

Esperuntu 2.04 will be supported for 5 years with updates provided by the Esperuntu community and Canonic. Unlike other Linos systems, Esperuntu uses the APK package manager, which was said to be slower, but much easier to use. Although a software manager GUI will be provided, a lot of work will still be done in the Terminal. The Esperuntu repositories will be hosted by numerous companies and universities across Auroria, Iteria and Meterra. Canonic says that most old hardware that cannot run ValhallaOS or AlefOS will be able to run Luntu, which was specifically designed with compatibility in mind. Many open-source programmes have also been released by Canonic and Noko and while .apk programmes are 'fast', they don't have many features yet. The latest Linos kernel used by the OS has full Boa 0.9 support. The OS is licenced under the ORCA licence - it can be freely shared, used and modified by anyone and everyone.

There will be four official flavours:

-Esperuntu Elf (main version)*
-Xperuntu (Esperuntu with lightweight Xqt desktop)**
-Safiruntu (Esperuntu with saphire desktop)***
-Luntu (Esperuntu with minimal Lqt desktop)****

*based on RL Gnome
**based on RL Xfce and Cinnamon DEs
***based on Budgie and MacOS
****based on Lubuntu

Opinions

"Esperuntu 2.04 looks nice and is quite snappy on my old Abook laptop, most drivers work, but its a real shame that you can't yet connect your phone with your PC (well you can, but it takes a lot of time to set stuff up), graphics drivers are not at their optimum yet and a lot needs to be done about ValhallaOS and AlefOS program compatibility, Syrup, a compatibility layer for non-Linos software sometimes works sometimes doesn't, but I'm glad the community is working at it. I couldn't connect my PC to my printer and after I updated my system overnight it started working. I think Esperuntu and Esperuntu-derivatives will be consumer ready in a year or two."

-Jano Bomermano

The Swind government has commended linos developers for their work. If the share of Esperuntu users increases fast enough the government said it could promote Linos operating systems.

The University of Aosto was a bit disappointed that Esperuntu doesn't use the latest version of the easy-to-read, general-purpose Boa programming language. Boa 1.1 was released just a month before Esperuntu.

The phone company Noko has annoucned that is working with the Esperuntu community to release Esperuntu Touch, a completely open-source mobile OS to compete with the big guys. The company stressed the importance of cross-platform compatibility. If you are using AMDO processors and graphics cards you are in luck, because the new Linos kernel was said to work best with the latest Rysen 3000 and Lynx graphics.

Q5L6Zkb.png

HIGHTON * Published April 26

Hightonian Imperialism on the Rise

R8ZBcmX.png

yyL5SYt.png

(BOX News - Highton City, Highton) - The Crowned Republic of Highton is a state in Craviter that borders the Equestrian Commonwealth, Sierra, Cimmeria, and Callise. It remains to be one of the most influential nations in terms of sports, technology, and advancements. In its glory days, it held an empire with many notable nations on the global stage today. However, it seems that Highton is ready to begin its imperialistic stages once again.

Recently the state annexed the northeasternmost province of North Vaasa. This was against the wishes of those in charge of the place, but Highton swept right in and took over crushing people's hopes. The leadership of North Vaasa was taken out of office and was replaced with the Hightonian government. People's hopes and dreams inside of North Vaasa were crushed and Highton didn't care

The state did not release a statement to Box News, but it is said that they don't feel bad one bit. For this reason, the people of Highton are all rude and evil and deserve to be condemned. This is disgraceful and they raided an innocent region of North Craviter. They are rude because they crushed people's hopes and they didn't care, so now many nations are wondering who is next. If Highton continues to become a raider organization, then many innocents will be forced to pay in blood.

It seems like they are aiming at Syrixia or Oclusia to be a part of their empire next, but it is unclear at this point. Time will tell if Highton will keep crushing people's hopes and dreams. "They are heartless, barbaric, and rude, and they need to stop." say the leaders of Oclusia in response to the claims that Highton is targeting them.

Last edited:
THE VALKYRJANNA HERALD
NATIONAL PARKS DISESTABLISHED

V6p76Ke.png

In the transitional period before the election of the new parliament and prime minister, Colonel Natalie Livingston has spent most of her time enacting fairly uncontroversial economic reforms. However, a recent piece of legislation enacted by Livingston has produced a stir within the Green and Progressive Parties.

This bill has effectively disestablished the national park system as it currently exists in Valkyrjanna, opening up approximately fifty thousand square kilometers of territory for free ownership and use. Green party members had enacted large amounts of enviromental protections in these rural areas throughout their dominance in the coalition government, with these areas being strictly off limits for any of their resources. While this change is believed to most likely provide economic boosts to both Valkyrjanna mining and lumber companies, with mining corporations hoping to start mining the uranium deposits believed to be in Tomesiy National Park, many are worried this will diminish Valkyrjanna's natural beauty.

Another issue is that various ethic groups, primarily native groups believed to have lived here long before the Valkyrjanna Gots arrived, had been living in these areas in communities separate from the main population. Many worry that these groups will be adversely affected by this new bill, with corporations and native Valkyrjanna Gots taking much of the land they had previously been living on.

Livingston has yet to officially comment on this bill.

Last edited:

Freedom of movement for all citizens of Eras
latest
Starting with next week Swindenland will completely open its borders to all people of Eras. The new policy means that any person may move, work and live freely accross the Republic. Foreign residents will still need to acquire a work, study or retirement visa, if they stay for longer than 6 months, though this process will also be much faster, easier and accessible. Citizens of the Empire of Epiphani may freely work or live in the Republic of Swindenland for indefinitely long (as ensured by the BFTA treaty)

BFTA and SFTA treaties signed
The government successfully negotiated two free trade agreements; BFTA with the empire of Epiphani and SFTA with the Syrixian empire. BFTA establishes a free economic zone in the Swind channel and freedom of movement between Epiphani and Swindenland, which means that no visas are no longer required and that most border control will be discontinued. Tourists, fisherman and even mining cooperatives welcome the move. The Prime Minister of Swindenland hailed BFTA to be the ultimate fruit of friendship between the two nations. BFTA was signed in the Empire by both nations foreign affairs ministers.

The Syrixian-Swind Free Trade Agreement, SFTA, was negotiated a month after BFTA was signed. The Syrixian Empire expressed the desire to further connect with Swind businesses and cooperatives after Swindenland signed the Prosper Auroria programme. Many private companies and investment firms used cheap Syrixian loans to kickstart their operations. The government told companies to treat foreign loans with caution and that they potentially wouldn't be bailed out by the Swind government if they could not pay back. Nonetheless a great interest in Syrixian markets and nieche products encouraged the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to strike a deal with Syrixia. "The SFTA treaty is simple and productive." said Minister Oskaro Ŝardeŭ

Referendum results
Swindenland held three referendums this week. The referendum on the lately proposed copyright law A13 and the ratification of BFTA and SFTA. Each proposal sparked its own discussions and avid debates.

ReferendumTurnout:Passed in number of states:
Ref-Copyright80.2 %0/5
Ref-BFTA59.5 %5/5
Ref-SFTA58.9 %4/5

Source: Swind Election Committee, 2020
The results did not differ much from the expected values. Copyright A13 was highly unpopular, especially among the youth. The copyright enforcement extension was favoured only by economists and artists. BFTA passed with the exactly same numbers as predicted. SFTA passed, but received less yes votes than anticipated, 50,2% of New Cascadians voted against the ratification of the treaty. Both BFTA and SFTA are herewith ratified and come into force next week.

Minister of Social Services charged with murder
The Social Services Minister, Greto Mulero, was arrested last night for driving under the influence of alcohol, crashing into a 16-year old girl, Hano Vikino, who died on the scence of the accident, and then driving away. Minister Mulero was arrested when she arrived home. She was so drunk that she did not notice the broken and bloody windshield. She could face up to 10 years in prison with rehabilitation. The Prime Minister did not comment on the actions of Mulero, but said that the Ministry of Social Services can expect a new Minister soon. Mulero is already the second Swind minister of this administration that lost their position due to alcoholism. Not even politicians are safe from the Swind alcohol crisis.

Last edited:
WIVY8XN.png

TRACY LUND RE-INSTATED AS PRIME MINISTER
By Erin Lindholm | April 30th, 2020
The hustle and bustle of election day has finished, and the results are now in. In an unsurprising move, the 'Coalition for Progress' consisting of the Socialist Party, the Green Party, and the Progressive Party have dominated parliament. Other major parties have led the opposition, however with the 'Coalition for Progress' leading with a majority it appears their say is final on matters. The party leadership has decided to place Tracy Lund back as prime minister.

The opposition seems to be led by moderate liberals, democratic conservatives, and moderate socialists.

It seems current plans are unknown with the parties, however the likelyhood of attempting to modify some of the more controversial plans and legislation enacted by Natalie Livingston is high. It seems that the political strife of the recent coup is, thankfully, over.

PARLIAMENT VOTES TO RE-INSTATE PREVIOUS NATIONAL PARK LAWS
By Erin Lindolm | May 3, 2020
In a vote on a new piece of legislation, the 'Coalition for Progress' easily dominated motions to repeal the motions by Natalie Livingston on National Parks, and to re-instate the Status Quo. This event was opposed primarily by moderates who believed that the boost to Valkyrjanna's exports could improve it economically, but they were outvoted in parliament.

Natalie Livingston could not be reached for comment.

SECURITY COUNCIL VETOES PARLIAMENT
By Erin Lindolm | May 4, 2020
Following the motion in parliament, the Security Council has unanimously voted against it, using their veto power to ensure Natalie Livingston's system remains in place. This counter motion is unprecedented in Valkyrjanna government, and the 'Coalition for Progress' has made a statement calling this action undemocratic and authoritarian.

The Security Council has cited the reason for their veto as "to ensure the economic stability of Valkyrjanna".

OOC Note: The following was worked out with @Zyvun who controls Norsos and all of its characters.
IC:

yI3aARN.png
February 4, 2020
kbSe1DZ.png

Royal Babies Confirmed!
by Patrisía Eyvík

Býkonsviði- Le Palais Blanc and Absalonhöll released a joint statement today to announce that Her Imperial Majesty Alycia I of Norsos and His Majesty King Tobias III of Prydania are expecting. Her Imperial Majesty was confirmed pregnant with twins earlier today. The two babies are expected in September.

Priestess Elodie congratulated her sister and brother-in-law and wished the expecting family the best of health. Thane Sting of Eiderwig said he was "ecstatic" for his cousin and his wife, and wished them the very best.

Prime Minister Brandt congratulated the couple via Fluttr.

Fluttr:
FR Magnus Brandt
@frprydansk
h0xDKaM.png

So excited to hear the news from His and Her Majesty. Best of wishes to the new parents, and the wee ones! #RoyalTwins

REFLUTTS ~ FAVORITES
762 ~ 3472
RpWRj5I.png

Last edited:
nePTrtH.png

NUCLEAR WEAPONS STOLEN - MONDAY ARGO WOJNTACH SHIPMENT RAID

ISN: On November 16th at around 6:22 PM, it was reported that an ARGO Wojntach Zbrojenia shipment was seized in the Central Hajnowka Port. All surveillance footage within a 12 kilometre radius was wiped that night and the authorities have been working towards finding the source of this cyber-attack. It's been labeled as "an act of domestic terrorism" by the President during a private press conference in Hajnowka. It was unknown what the contents of the shipment were, however rumors have been circulating that they contain weapons from the top-secret nuclear program in Inowalki. "..the contents of the shipment have been disclosed, but we can assure you that this situation is completely under control. ARGO Wojntach Zbrojenia has been cooperating with the government to locate this," the CEO of ARGO Wojntach Zbrojenia stated in a separate press conference held in the morning.

"..we
are certain that the perpetrators had assistance from a sophisticated target━ possibly from outside the nation. A cyber-attack on our surveillance network of this scale has not been achieved before from insurgents or from within the nation. All of our databases have been wiped regarding this project and this incident." The Press Secretary of the President stated. Many believe it to be of foreign origin; a direct attack on the nation. Evidence of this theory does not exist and the government has been dismissing this, keeping with their domestic terrorism hypothesis. The ISN will keep reporting on this incident further when more information is released.

Last edited:
mHAls1l.png

Meuthen-Parteitag.jpg
GRIMMLINGER LEADS NATIONALLY

HIGHTON CITY, NH -- According to polls conducted by Thomas III University this week, Isaak Grimmlinger leads the Hightonian election race in 4 of 8 states; Grimmlinger leads in Talanskland, Aleman, Reyterra, Alexandria, as well as in St Eliana. Although most of the early media was focused on Annika Winterbach and Emilia Grünesfeld, as well as much of the foreign press, with election day three months out, it is the third-party candidate who has been steadily growing his lead. The Royal Party nominee spoke in Essen earlier today to supporters.

"According to the polls, we are the leaders right now." His remarks were followed by rapturous applause. His campaign is currently scrambling to recruit more staff as the unexpected lead has emerged. Whether the lead can be held remains yet to be seen.

Another recent poll from HAN in Talanskland shows a 44% lead, an extraordinary number compared to second-placed Grünesfeld (23%), third-placed Elsig (18%), and fourth-placed Winterbach (14%).

Stay tuned for HAN updates on HAN and Fluttr to stay up to date on the election.

Highton_States_Blank_Inset.png

ol5WXxD.png

Avalire Daily
End of an Era, ULG files for Seperation
City of Ilia;
For the first time since 2008, Ilia is at the edge of losing one of its major Political Parties. The Union of Liberals-Greens held its national conference in the Avaliran City of Zhella last week after the expiration of its Co-Leadership term. After an 11 hour Convention stalemate between the Liberal Caucus and Agrarian-Green Caucus ending with no new Co-Leaders being seated and the AGC members of the Leadership Committee walking out a large portion of the Caucus.
With this failure of the ULG leadership the leaders of the Green Caucus has through their Senatorial Leader, Reinhard Carstens of Tevaine, has issued a request to the Directorate of Sovereign Affairs to schedule a Referendum of Dissolution.
While the Sovereignty Director, Sen. Antonin Webber, has yet to respond they are expected to approve the request and schedule in the coming month.

5MaYJms.png

New Høyhastikettog high speed line opens between Evænning and Kadsbyhavn
Newsroom -- May 13, 2020

888fbc4170e800b6ec8e249380f40207.jpg

An H5 series HHT train exits the tunnel at 340 km/h near Olspitze Station in Kongsland.

KADSBYHAVN, KONGSLAND -- The first expansion of the HHT system in 20 years opened up today, with much fanfare. The extension to the Nordøst HHT Line had been under construction since the 1990s, but extensive tunneling and the onset of the financial crisis in 1998 delayed construction. However, after priority funding was given, the line over one of Goyanes' most rugged regions was built through, and in the last several months has undergone extensive testing and final preparations.

The 271 kilometer-long extension, which heads northeast from Evænning to Kadsbyhavn via Asturenn was formerly an HHT Connection line, where special HHT trains would proceed along upgraded regular lines to their final destinations. However, the increase in ferry traffic on the Næsser Sea post-war as well as the growing tourism market and business scene in Kongsland convinced the Imperial government to go ahead with construction. The line includes 9 new or remodeled stations, Gnestikon, Fjerngrense, Olspitze, Kinderberg, Vøllingen, Asturenn STH, Aslekust, Kategat, and Kadsbyhavn.

The opening ribbon was cut this morning by Grand Emperor Anthony, backed by Prime Minister Norberg, Transportation Minister Klemens Thorvald, and several international guests of honor, specifically King Tobias of Prydania, Prydanian Transport Minister Gautviður Kaldbak, Empress Alycia of Norsos, and the Norsian Minister of Transportation, Armand Auger. In addition, the Deputy Chairwoman of the Cojedan Senate Irene Molina and the Cojedan Transport Secretary, Victoria Barrios joined the entourage. Goyanes' foreign aid policy has always been infrastructure-heavy, but recent events in Craviter have put Goyanes into a position where they are now the world's preferred railway builder, and as such the international guests were invited to promote the technological prowess of Goyanes' railways.

At the opening speech, Grand Emperor Anthony said that "this new line will connect not just the Kongsland region to the rest of Goyanes, but the entire Næsser Sea region to Goyanes," and that "the future of transportation in Northern Craviter probably looks something like this." Secretary Barrios of Cojedes commented that "this new line speeds up the travel time to coastal Cojedes when traveling by train and ferry, in addition to being an eco-friendly way to get around."

Minister Kaldbak of Prydania stated that "The advances we see here are truly impressive. The interconnectivity of people and communities has brought Gothis together, and Goyanes will help us bring that to Craviter as we enter a new era of peace." Minister Auger of Norsos also echoed that statement, proclaiming that "I have to echo my colleague, the advances here in Goyanes are unlike anything I've seen back home. the people are interconnected and the railroads bring them together ever faster. What I see here is the future of railways in Norsos."

In addition to various speeches by government officials, a plaque was unveiled at the Kadsbyhavn Station commemorating the opening of the Nordøst Line's extension. After the formalities were concluded, the party boarded the first train on the extension, the Jaktfalke No. 2, the first train of the day bound for Gojannesstad.

When the train arrived in Gojannesstad, King Tobias and Empress Alycia both commented to the press. King Tobias stated that "Our Goyanean friends have built something remarkable. We're truly honoured to see this here, and to bring it home." Empress Alycia was similarly amused, proclaiming "I've never been on a train quite like it, nor as fast. Its an honor to be here and experience it. and I'd even call the ride exciting in its own special way."

Besides the obvious improvement of travel times and regional connectivity, the line also is a chance for Goyanes to flex its technological muscles, and promote its railway technology to its many prospective buyers. This is a bold statement in Goyanes' efforts to re-establish itself in Craviter, except this time, using steel wheels and steel rails instead of horses and bayonets.

ijDZj7F.png

CornHub adjusts prices as new smut spreads

GANATRASTADT (Lawston) – CornHub, the trading hub for corn under the Food Security Organisation (FSO), yesterday adjusted the floor prices of corn. The price of the benchmark CornHub Premium, the highest grade of corn, rose to 175.66 IBU per metric tonne. All other grades of corn, such as UCorn, also similarly rose in price.

Col. Cornelius Maismauer, CornHub’s chief, said that the price adjustment is due to the increase in demand for corn, and the threat on crops in Lawston. A new variant of smut called 2growths1cob has been spreading like wildfire, threatening corn fields and yields. 2growths1cob was so named because of two types of tumour-like growths (galls) occurring in the cob, rendering the crop totally worthless.

Scientists identified that 2growths1cob is caused by two causative organisms: the ordinary corn smut Ustilago maydis, and a newly-identified corn smut, with the tentative name of Chruschtschow Ustilago of Maize. The new Ustilago species was first identified in corn fields around Chruschtschow, northern Lawston. The most vulnerable are corn plants co-infected with U. maydis, which, aside from producing the ordinary corn smut, also produces tumour-like swellings different than those produced by U. maydis. The new Chruschtschow Ustilago of Maize makes the top of the cob grow into a long thick structure with a dilated distal end called the head, which is actually a swollen smut-infested kernel. When fully mature, the head explodes and squirts a sticky mix of corn fluid and spores. This makes the spores airborne as well, which may pose difficulty in controlling this new plant pathogen.

The FSO through its Plant Research Network (PRN), is researching ways on combating this new corn virus pandemic. “We’ll be working hard to prevent mass starvation,” said Col. Maismauer.

OOC: Post pre-approved with @Lawston .

Last edited:

YmGLNUg.png

CHAIR OF THE CONGRESS ACCUSED OF MISUSING NATIONAL ECONOMIC CHECKS AND MONEY
Published: 19 May 2020

speaker-at-podium-850x440.jpg

(Minsk, Oclusia) - Sean Dwyer has been the Chair of the Oclusi National Congress for six years, and he's going on eight in his ten-year term. The twenty-eight-year-old man was born in Merilia but found his way out through his education and writing. At age fifteen, he wrote his way out and got a scholarship at Aleman College. He studied Political Science. Upon his graduation in 2009 at age 17, he found himself running for the Delegate of the Klikovo Territory. He won with heavy resistance and reluctance from his population that he tried to appease, and in 2010, he found himself in the seat of the Klikovo Delegate. From that point, he was known to make big changes within the nation. He helped rebuild the Oclusi Belt, he helped businesses get back to their feet, and he was able to build a new system of voting.

However, checks addressed to a Mr. Jakaǔ Rahojša were found in his chamber. Several check stubs, from separate accounts, showed that almost a thousand dollars paid in different amounts. From what it looks like, the evidence suggests that he's been engaged in speculation. A Merilian immigrant embezzling our government funds. If this comes back true, his career is done. These were turned into the Oclusi Dragon from several delegates, Congressman Thomas Taraškievič of Minsk, Congressman Mikola Novik of Klikovo, and Congressman Hieorhi Statkievič New Aleman.

With the first Oclusi Presidential Elections coming, Mr. DeAza's chances of winning are significantly decreased, and if these come back as true, the man is likely to go to prison. DeAza has refused to speak on the issue to the press.

Last edited:
Pro Rodeo News
In a move to bolster tourism in the city, Fyder City has won the bid to host the National Fyder Rodeo. Fyder City had hosted the rodeo since its inception in 1952 until New Caanan won the bid in 1999. Following the 1999 NFR, New Caanan received a massive boost in tourism during a time when the city is usually at its low point. Many people are keen to see how well the new B.J. Wooney Arena will compare to the "Great White Dome" of New Caanan. The rodeo will begin on December 1st and go until the 10th as per usual. The current All-Around Cowboy leader is Tuff McGee with season earnings at $78,567. Cowboy Christmas will also be making the move to Fyder City so make sure to stop by when the time comes.

Back