Local News Topic

King Matthew and PM Propose Space Ministry, First Astronaut in Space In 2022

wJ7U27H.png
by Mitchell Westfeld
Friday, May 22, 2020
The Parlamer City Times

VICTORIA - H.M. King Matthew I and Prime Minister Rodriguez today announced a bill that would create a national space agency with the goal of sending its first astronaut into space in 2022.

"It is time for us to join the class of nations who have reached upward into the final frontier," said King Matthew, speaking at a press conference held on the grounds of the Royal Estate. "We have the resources, we have the willpower, and now the Prime Minister and I ask the House of Delegates to approve legislation to send Nordvand to the stars."

Prime Minister Rodriguez, who was also at today's press conference, provided more specific information regarding the proposed legislation. "The government today will present legislation in the House of Delegates to create a national space ministry and to apportion sufficient funding to put a Nordvandian astronaut in space by no later than 2022. I am confident the bill will be approved, and that we can immediately begin developing a space program." The Prime Minister felt so confident about the passage of the bill that she circulated a logo for the proposed space program to the members of the press.

Major provisions of the bill from a white paper provided to members of the press include:
  • Creation of a a national space program to be called the Royal Space Exploration Ministry;
  • Creation of a new Minister of Space Exploration parliamentary cabinet position, and a new committee in the House of Delegates, entitled the "Committee on Space Exploration";
  • Up to $190 billion of funding for the next three years, with a requirement that 80% of the apportioned funds should be used for direct costs required to put a Nordvandian astronaut in space by no later than 2022. Examples of such costs include, but are not limited to, research and development, construction of a rocket and habitable space capsule, construction of a launch center, and astronaut recruitment and training;
  • Up to $15 billion of funding to the Royal Air Force for additional space and aeronautic training to prospective astronauts from its Aerospace Warfare Command (AWC); and
  • Up to $10 billion of funding to Nordvand's major post-secondary institutions to develop aerospace engineering programs.
Deputy Prime Minister, and Leader of the Democratic Party, Michael Ahearn voiced his support for the plan. "Today's proposal to establish a national space program is an opportunity for us to lead the world in science, innovation, and exploration," he said in a statement released by his office. "Furthermore, a national space program would create thousands of new jobs, discover new technologies or enhance existing ones, and give our young people to study exciting new fields in science, technology, engineering, and math. Both the Prime Minister and I are committed to ensuring that every delegate in our governing coalition approves this bill."

Not every member of Parliament was excited about the bill, however.

"While I think everyone in Parliament recognizes the benefits of a national space agency, I'm disappointed again to find that the Government hasn't provided any details about how they will magically summon $215 billion dollars in new funding," said Delegate Joshua Sanders, Leader of the Conservative Party and of the Government's Opposition. "I'm all ears if they plan to raise those funds through cuts to existing programs, but I'm expecting it to be more of the same out of this government - spending money we don't have, taking it through heaping even more taxes onto middle-class Nordvandians, or - more than likely - both."

Mr. Sanders also had choice words for King Matthew. "With all due respect to His Majesty, I don't think he should stand next to the leader of any party - including the Conservatives - and endorse their policy proposals. A monarch that is elected for a fixed term by the people of Nordvand should represent all the people of Nordvand, and not represent a shaky governing coalition comprised of only two of the five parties represented in Parliament."

His Majesty's Office did not respond to Mr. Sanders' comment at the time this article was printed.

The bill is scheduled to be submitted to the House Clerk for its first reading today at 4:00 PM.

Last edited:
Trenton Everley Becomes Governor of Everley Island
Saturday, May 23rd, 2020
Zayaki News

Yesterday, large crowds from across all four of Zayaki's islands gathered on Everley Island to witness the new governor's first speech. `Among the crowds were island governors, Sage Emmi and Echo Locke, as well as Zayaki Minister, Harmony Zayaki. Polls show that 3.2 million Zayakians made the trip for the speech, while another 1.8 million tried, but could not due to delays on transportation and overcrowding on Everley Island.

Trenton Everley ascends to the position of governor following his mother's, former governor Dakota Everley, 65th birthday. Per Zayaki customs, governors must step down once reaching 65 in order to maintain advancement in the government. Prior to Trenton Everley's first speech, Dakota Everley delivered her last speech, stating, "I am saddened that my time as governor has come to an end. The people of Everley have been incredibly supportive of me, and I will forever cherish the memories I made. However, I am overjoyed for my son, Trenton, to take my place. I know that I am leaving Everley in the best hands possible."

At 27 years old, Trenton is one of the youngest governors to lead Everley Island. He does not, however, believe it makes him any less qualified. "I am just as ready as any other governor has been to take on the incredibly important and valuable role of leading Everley Island. Together, we can advance, grow, and thrive as a community more than we ever have in the past." Thunderous applause was heard in response to Trenton's speech.

On a poll taken Thursday, before Trenton's speech, 67% of Everley Island residents said they were sad to see Dakota Everley go, however, an astonishing 97.4% stated they were excited for Trenton to become governor, which gives Trenton the highest starting approval rating of any governor of any island. Trenton's continuous involvement in community service and sports throughout his life most likely contributes to his approval among the people.

A representative from the Zayaki family stated, "The Zayaki family is thrilled about Trenton Everley's appointment, and they look forward to beginning to work with him in the coming months."

Zayaki News is still awaiting comments from the Locke family and the Emmi family.

Last edited:
kbSe1DZ.png

Prydania Meeting FSO Full Membership Goals
by Tildra Vatneyr

The Prydanian agricultural sector continues to show improvements since the end of Syndicalist collectivization, with the help of foreign aid and an extensive agricultural economic renewal program. The increase in agricultural production has seen Prydania become a net exporter of agricultural products and food for the first time since 2004.

Chairman Lorenzo Caldogne (Saperisole) of the FSO welcomed back the Kingdom of Prydania as a full member of the organization yesterday. Mr. Caldogne stated "we are happy to have the Kingdom of Prydania, one of this organization's founding members, once again elevated to the position of full member."
The Kingdom of Prydania was an original founding member in 1956, being one of the largest food exporters in northern Craviter. However, the country was demoted to an observer in 2002 during its civil war. The then-new Syndicalist Republic signed as an observer member, expecting this to be a temporary state of affairs. The war and harmful Syndicalist collectivization practices caused agricultural yields to plummet and turned it into a net importer of food.

The Prydanian agricultural sector continues to show improvements since the end of Syndicalist collectivization, with the help of foreign aid and an extensive agricultural economic renewal program. The increase in agricultural production culminated in Prydania becoming a net exporter of agricultural products and food in 2019. The revitalization of the country's agricultural sector benefited from assistance from Saintonge, Norsos, Goyanes, and Mintoria.
Reconstruction began in 2017. Goyanes, in accordance with one of the then-newly established PGU's first directives, worked to clear mines from the abandoned farmsteads that dotted the borderlands between Syndicalist and FNU territory. The Goyanean Imperial Army Corps of Engineers also laid the foundations for what was to come, re-building irrigation systems. Mintoria's famed engineering corps were also vital, becoming regulars in Austurland, where they refurbished the mountain to forest irrigation systems around the Norsian March, and helped rehabilitate farmland that had been abandoned from the war.
Norsian and Saintonian aid was increased under the YEET organization and YEECA agreements. The Norsian Aftokratorian Peacekeeping Aid Corps became vital to the rehabilitation of the farms of Midland. The countryside around Hadden and Jórvík was scorched by the Syndicalist government in 2015, in what became known as the Harrying of Hadden. This act, carried out to punish perceived Royalist sympathizers in the farming communities of the area, drew international condemnation and devastated the Midland's agricultural economy. The recovery of these farms- as quickly as possible- was deemed a government priority and projects surrounding that rehabilitation revived the lion's share of aid earmarked for infrastructure repair.
Norsian aid to the scorched Midlands farms made the Norsian Army's blue helmeted soldiers a regular sight, making the light blue military headgear a symbol of humanitarian aid and economic renewal.

While the other countries sent military forces, the Kingdom of Saintonge sent 1,895 technical aid workers - mostly agriculturists from the Santonian Ministry of Agriculture and the various Santonian universities. This paralleled the Santonian system of agriculturists sent to every farming district to assist in the development and improvement of agriculture in the 19th century up to present. These agriculturists taught and advised the Prydanian farmers how to re-start production and to become innovative in increasing yields. Nine hundred Prydanian scholars were also sent to study in Santonian universities and technical/agricultural colleges for formal learning about agricultural techniques and advances, in order to form the Korps Landbúnaðarmanna (Corps of Agriculturists). The Korps Landbúnaðarmanna would start replacing the Santonian agriculturists starting this year.
The Kingdom of Saintonge also provided fertilisers and agricultural materials to restore fertility to the fallow fields. The Kingdom of Saintonge also rented out farm equipment by Santonian tractor manufacturers Chenille and Agrotech. The farmers have the option to buy the equipment after using it for a set period of time (“rent-to-own” scheme). Money and capital were made available to Prydanian farmers through the newly-established Land Bank of Prydania (LBP: Banque foncière de prydanie / Landbanki Prydansks). The LBP provides low-interest cost loans to Prydanian farmers. The LBP itself was financed by a 850 million IBU (£1,275 million/x5.593 trillion) low-interest loan from the Société nationale d'investissement de Saintonge (SNIS).

In 2019, Prydania's individual farms totaled 82,130, up from 37,050 at the end of the Prydanian Civil War in 2017. This sharp increases is still a ways off the 97,072 total farms the country boasted prior to the Syndicalist takeover, but that does not necessarily mean that there is less land being farmed. Many owners, or the families of owners, of smaller farmsteads live abroad as refugees. Many took government payouts rather than return to work their family's land. These smaller farms were then sold to larger local farmers. The government insists that agricultural production is the goal, not the number 97,072.
Production figures have increased dramatically since the end of 2017, when Syndicalist mismanagement and war left the country on the brink of a food shortage. Foreign aid and an influx of soldiers and young people looking for work has paid off.

3,600,000‬ hectares were used for cereal crops, an increase of 38% from 2017.
90,000 hectares were used for pulses, a 47% increase from 2017.
287,500 hectares were used for root vegetables, a 50% increase from 2017.
55,000 hectares were used for horticultural products, a 51% increase from 2017.

Grain remained Prydania's chief crop, and has proven to be the backbone of this agricultural recovery. Still, livestock has played a role. 2019 saw massive increases across the board with the confirmed number of cultivated cows, swine, sheep, hens, turkeys, duck, and geese.

All of this has given rise to a massive increase in exports, as farm reclamation and farmland rehabilitation operate side by side. Prydania earned a 8 billion IBU trade surplus in the agriculture and food sectors in 2019. This represents a vast turnaround from a nearly 6 billion IBU deficit from the end of 2017.

"We are seeing exceptional growth in areas of both usable farmland and exports. We are finding we can more easily meet our commitments abroad and rely far less on stored aid packages" Liljá Hofteig, Minister of Food, Agriculture and Fisheries, stated.

"To ascend back up to a full member of the FSO is not just a matter of hitting certain check-boxes. It represents our recovery, as we regain what Syndicalist mismanagement and war took from us. We are regaining our countryside, and our livelihoods."

Last edited:
Boar hunting season started only a week ago and people are rioting at the Lorn Capital. The rioters have been marching up and down the streets of Lorn's Capital city since the start of the season and tensions are high. Was started as a peaceful march for animal rights quickly turned into chaos after one of the protesters attacked a member of the Royal Securit, the guard quickly subdued the protester which led to more attacks and started the riot. The name of the Royal Securit guard is not being released however the General Tai of Montai has stated that the officer has been placed on leave for the next two weeks.

The Chieftess has called in the securit response team and they are now preparing for a non lethal response to the riots.

When asked for a statement the Council Representative Philip Starreti released a document from the office from the Environmental Protection Department stating the population of boars was unusually high this year, thus the need for this years hunt. 2000 additional tags were handed out this year to help bring the population to a sustainable level.

Activist Thomin Marks argues that these numbers are wildly inaccurate and says the government is using this as justification for an outdated tradition.

We will continue to update bring updates as more information is provided.

auGtico.png
Archegnum Integration Going Smoothly
Natalie Betrand
May. 29th, 2019

4 months after the successful referendum in Archegnum to join the Lancerian Empire and become the 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th provinces of it's closest ally an early report from the Commission D'intégration has stated that the process has been going well, meeting several initial, albeit minor, goals slightly ahead of schedule.

Aided by earlier conventions on signage, traffic laws, and other ease-of-use standardizations between the two nations dating back to the 60s has meant that day-to-day life hasn't changed very much for residents of Archegnum while the power of the two nations combined has increased economic, military, and diplomatic standing on the world stage.

The Commission will continue to work towards elections scheduled for June that will expand the Lancerian parliament to include representation from Archegnum when parliament sits again.

kbSe1DZ.png

Prydanian Deputy from Saintonge Slams Prydanian War Effort in Ducrijeka
by Ísleif Eyvík

eTF3z5M.png

Mr Thorbjörn Höjsleth, Deputy for the 12th electoral circumscription of Saintes, Saintonian National Assembly
Býkonsviði- More news on the Second Dučrijekan War, just twenty-four hours after His Majesty King Tobias III had called for a national day of mourning following the death of Prydanian soldiers in a partisan attack. This time the news comes from the unlikeliest of unlikely sources- Saintonge.
Thorbjörn Höjsleth arrived in Saintonge in 2006 at the age of ten with his older siblings and he fled following the death of his parents and oldest sibling when they resisted Syndicalist nationalization of their family farm. He would go on to become a Saintonian citizen and served as Paul-Alexis Clédel (National)'s suppléant for the seat of Saintes-12. Mr. Clédel resigned in 2019 as a result of health issues, paving the way for Mr. Höjsleth to ascend to the National Assembly. He became the first Prydanian-born member of the Saintonian National Assembly and was heralded in both Saintonge and Prydania as both what an immigrant could aspire to be and what a Prydanian could achieve abroad after fleeing the horrors of the Syndicalist regime.

Deputy Höjsleth, however, took to the floor of Saintonian National Assembly to lambaste Prydania's contributions to the War in Gothis.
"In that category, sadly, is the Kingdom of Prydania, my nation of birth, which remains dear and beloved to me" Mr. Höjsleth stated.
"[it] has sent a regiment of thousand soldiers to fight for a belligerent side in the conflict. It doesn’t matter which side the country chose to send men to face the carnage of war. I am thoroughly disappointed at the course of action the Kingdom of Prydania had chosen."

Mr. Höjsleth's words did not end there.
"I also have another uncomfortable question to ask" he continued.

"The Kingdom of Saintonge is providing the Kingdom of Prydania with millions of livres in aid. If the Kingdom of Prydania participates in this war, does it mean that the Kingdom of Saintonge is indirectly funding the warmongering?

It is a question I need to ask this government. I would be aghast to see our money being used for war and violence. I am sure many of you will be. As a member of the National Assembly, I will not consent to the money of the Kingdom of Saintonge being used this way.

I would like to invite the government to clarify its commitments to the Kingdom of Prydania. If it means shutting off the taps to prevent any Santonian money from being bloodied, so be it."

Mr. Höjsleth's impassioned address was co-signed by one-fifth of the Saintonian National Assembly. The signatories crossed party lines, and contained a majority of signatories from Deputies of Saintes, including those districts with high Prydanian immigrant populations. Additionally, Mr. Höjsleth's address seems to have garnered the support of most of the National Assembly's younger members. His words have, to be blunt, sparked a massive controversy in Prydania. On a number of fronts.

The first is the political end of things. The Kingdom of Prydania and Kingdom of Saintonge have had very friendly relations since the end of the Civil War. One of His Majesty's first foreign correspondence after becoming King was to King Thibault II of Saintonge to thank him for his nation's efforts in aiding Prydanian refugees. Further, the election of a National Party government in Saintonge and a Free Democratic Party government in Prydania roughly aligned the two governments. Mr. Höjsleth is not part of the Saintonian government, but his address does represent the first time since the end of the Civil War that a member of the Saintonian National Assembly has both criticized the Prydanian government and questioned Saintonge's relations with it.

The second issue concerns his calls to potentially end Saintonian foreign aid to Prydania. It should be noted again that Mr. Höjsleth is not a member of the Saintonian government, and is unlikely to fundamentally alter government policy with a single address. Still, the question has loomed. It was on this matter that Prime Minister Magnus Brandt spoke to while fielding questions of the address to the media.
"I wish to make a few things clear" the Prime Minister stated.
"The Kingdom of Prydania is both exercising its right as a sovereign nation to defend a treatied ally in need and has earmarked all foreign aid- Saintonian or otherwise- for appropriate, agreed-upon purposes. Our Saintonian friends are happy to explore the books if they wish. Not a single livre has funded our lawful military actions in Ducrijeka."
The Prime Minister offered no opinion on why Mr. Höjsleth would choose to criticize the country of his birth in the Saintonian National Assembly.
"Freedom of speech is a right in Saintonge, as it has been Prydania since the end of our Civil War" the Prime Minister stated. "He has every right to say anything he wishes. Be it as a Deputy of the National Aseembly or a private citizen."
Others didn't share the Prime Minister's measured response.

"I think it's a disgrace" Tenna Nygaard, leader of the Agrarian Party and Bandalag, stated.
"We all mourn for Mr. Höjsleth's loses during the Civil War, but the government now- our government- was formed from the resistance to Syndicalist tyranny. The same tyranny his and his family fled. For him to both compare our actions to the bloodshed caused by Syndicalist war criminals and to criticize the very government that was formed by people who opposed those criminals is insulting. It's ludicrous. He claims this country is still beloved to him. I don't see it."

Foreign Minister Marianne Toft criticized the Opposition Leader's stance on the matter.
"Ms. Nygaard should concern herself with holding her own Alþingi faction together before she starts criticizing a citizen of a foreign country for having an opinion" Ms. Toft stated.
"I'm sure Mr. Höjsleth's speech will come up, but relations between our nations are larger than a single critical deputy."
Ms. Toft was also referencing Ms. Nygaard's embattled tenure as Bandalag leader. Her drift towards national populism has left many centrist Conservatives, and even a few Agrarians, weary of her leadership. Political analysts view Ms. Nygaard's tough stance as a means to sure up support among loyalists in the Alþingi and among rank and file Bandalag supporters. It may be working.

"I don't think it's right" said Magngeir Kaldbak from Haland.
"You don't forget where you came from. You don't do them dirty like that. I say good riddance. Let Saintonge keep him."

"Personally" Nína Austdal of Erkiengill said, "I think he's using his notoriety to make a point. I don't like that he's basically using what people know about him to hurt his home."
Erkiengill is just south of the Kiojaleit region, where the Höjsleth family farm was located.

Others were less hostile.
"Eh, he has an opinion, so what? You're not gonna stop a Prydanian from talking politics these days" Geirharður Fjallmann of Býkonsviði laughed.

Either way, the words of Thorbjörn Höjsleth have reopened discussion in Prydania about Prydanian refugees abroad, and the conception of identity. How much do they owe their home country? How much do they identity with their adopted homes? As Thorbjörn Höjsleth's own words indicate- a continued fondness for the country of his birth yet critical of its present actions- these are complex issues. Issues every Prydanian refugee living abroad will have to balance on their own terms.

Absalonhöll's only response when asked for comment was such:
"His Majesty values Prydania's friendship with Saintonge and believes continued dialogue is necessary to overcome any disagreement."

Thorbjörn Höjsleth is the fourth Saintonian of foreign extraction to sit as a member of the Saintonian Parliament. He is twenty-four years old and a left-leaning member of the governing National Party's centrist faction.

Last edited:
nBPOGNm.jpg

vqMfpkc.png

1 hour ago

By Bob Parker

They have been compared to shadows, their very name is a byword for obfuscation and deceit, the Shavashkaid has been involved in almost every conflict, political intrigue and power struggle in Astragon's history and yet many do not even believe they exist. GNN was able to gain an exclusive interview with a man claiming to have defected from the Shavashkaid, at great risk to his personal safety the interviewee has chosen to reveal some of the ancient intelligence agencies darkest secrets.

In order to safeguard the identity of the interviewee, we have not used their real name.

Mr Indwene you claim to have served in the Shavashkaid for a number of decades, how does one become a member of this organisation?

"The majority are recruited during their time in the Kraal's, that is the Kaiderin religious settlements that train Astragon's war caste. The drill elders keep a close eye on the initiates looking for individuals who are naturally intelligent, good at problem-solving and able to lie convincingly, the elders will contact the Shavashkaid when such individuals are located. Typically the initiates are seized in the night and dragged off never to be seen by their Kraal again"

What is the training like?

"It is the most brutal regime you can imagine, initiates endure constant sleep deprivation, mental torture and gruelling physical exercises that are designed to instil loyalty and obedience in new recruits. most do not survive the initial selection process, the Shavashkaid might take 100 and produce only 10 successful candidates"

The Shavashkaid are shrouded in myth with many claiming the order dates back to Astragons founding some 3000 years ago

"That's the story, though if its true is anyone's guess, during my days as an initiate I was taught that Kayyvan the eternal founded the first "shadow regiment" from a cadre of his most loyal warriors in order to defend his interests. Legends say he chose his blood cousin Sobesh to become the first leader of the order, the latter becoming the emperor's shadow and eliminating enemies both without and within that threatened Kayyvans rule. "

The Orders symbol is supposedly a spider?

"The symbol represents the ancient Ubgandian deity Anazi, the trickster, Anazi weaves threads of deception and manipulates friend and enemy alike along their path. The Shavashkaid took this sigil as their own millennia ago, Like Anazi we weave complex plots and designs which serve to advance Astragons interests."

What kind of activities are Shavashkaid operatives trained to undertake?

"Surveillance, subterfuge, intelligence gathering, murder and sabotage are all taught skills. A successful candidate must be proficient in both infiltration and elimination if the Exalt commands the military to bomb an enemy population centre it is the Shavashkaid who carry out the task, we are the unquestioning sword that strikes at Astragon's enemies"

Who leads the order?

"No one really knows for certain, the ostensible head of the organisation is the "Ibis" the rank is ancient and held by every master of the Shavashkaid, none save the most senior members of the order know the identity of the Ibis, they are concealed behind countless political and military guises"

If so few people know the identity of your leader how do orders and tasks get assigned?

"We operate in cells, the majority of Eras is host to at least one Shavashkaid cell, each cell is run by an assigned master who receives directives from the order's governing council"

Are the Astragonese government aware of the existence of the order?

"The Imperial council, Exalt and high ranking military officials are all privy to the existence of the order to varying degrees, the Prime Marshal of Astragon has immense authority over the Shavashkaid and frequently utilises them for covert operations"

What are some of the most notable exploits of the Shavashkaid?

"The order was instrumental in tracking down and assassinating fleeing fascists who hid in Demescia after the war, equally Sakard used us to silence political dissidents at home and abroad during the chaos of the Iterian war and post-war period. You will occasionally hear stories of units lacking insignia eliminating key targets before vanishing during the Lawstonian civil war and the Skanda-Iraelian conflict. The invasion of Lawston during the reign of Shaddan II was utterly successful because of the use of locally placed sleeper agents who worked to sway the local tribes into supporting Astragon. We have turned the tide of a thousand battles and no one has ever been the wiser.

Many analysts have speculated that the current Exalt-Empress Sabhrain Na Kevsha I utilised your orders operatives during the civil war to eliminate Murza?

"I would not doubt it, Sabhrain has always been quick to pair overt military force with more covert means, not only was Murza eliminated by the Shavashkaid, I would go further and suggest that the Shavashkaid are likely taking an active role in the purging of traitors within the empire"

Is there not a risk of the Shavashkaid gaining undue influence over the Astragonese state?

"You need to understand, the Shavashkaid operates like a cult, loyalty to the Exalt is indoctrinated into initiates from the earliest moment of training, the Shavashkaid exist to serve the Exalt's will. Certainly, they would have no qualms eliminating government ministers and military leaders but only in defence of the sovereign's authority"

Many citizens in Astragon believe that if they speak ill of their government or Sovereign that a Shavashkaid operative will be listening in, what's your take on this?

"Truth be told no intelligence agency regardless of how pervasive can truly hope to be everywhere at once, the order does indeed keep tabs on the public and many seemingly unremarkable individuals are in fact operatives, that said the order trades on people's fear of their potential presence. The Shavashkaid cultivate a myth of omnipresence and the average citizen self-regulates their behaviour out of fear"

The Ministry of Internal Security was recently dissolved and its remnants amalgamated into a new Imperial Security Ministry

"I guarantee that that is just a front, the true recipient of this amalgamation is the Shavashkaid, Sabhrain has been quick to consolidate her power by centralising authority in the three arms of state power, namely the Military, the Imperial bureaucracy and the Secret Police. The recent corruption purges have brought stability to Astragon but make no mistake Sabhrain is for all intents and purposes an absolute dictator"

Finally, your defection represents a rare occurrence within the Shavashkaid, why did you abandon the order?

"Primarily because I began to question the necessity of having secret police with no oversight from wider society, the Shavashkaid represent an insidious aspect of Astragonese society, they are unerringly loyal to one enthroned individual and will do anything that sovereign asks with zero accountability or questioning, such a system strikes me as dangerous, that said I now live under foreign protection with a new identity and total anonymity

Do you worry about Shavashkaid revenge?

"If the Shavashkaid cared enough to do so there is no place on Eras I could hope to hide, that I am still alive and able to discuss this information with you suggests they regard me as unworthy of attention, I will spend the rest of my life in seclusion and looking over my shoulder, perhaps that is revenge enough"

Last edited:
ym5Hf2f.png

Kanadian Hockey League pays for new arena in Beaconsfield, Prydania

Today, Kanadian Hockey League president Kari Makkara released a statement, informing us that the KHL and Malor-Kanadian government is spending a combined total of 202.6 Million Λ (96.5 Million IBU) for the construction of a new ice hockey arena in Beaconsfield, Prydania, which will be named the Beaconsviði Minningarhöll (Beaconsfield Memorial Arena). The arena had already broken ground in late 2019, stirring up excitement about what was to come, but little actual news about the construction came forward until Makkara’s statement. The arena is supposed to finish construction in February 2021, though if complications appear with the construction, the construction could be extended into the spring.

There will be Malorian and Kanadian engineers and architects present to help with the building process, but it is expected that most of the actual construction will be carried out by Prydanians. The KHL also announced the plan to rebuild some of the area surrounding the arena, expanding the nearby roadways, and making room for parking lots and possible future winter-sports facilities.

3xn_royalarena_floorplan1.jpg

The new arena will have a reported capacity of 13,500 when used for ice hockey, and 17,000 when used for concerts and other events. This would make it the largest ice hockey arena in all of Prydania, far surpassing the current largest arena at 8,000. The inside of the arena will be built in a horseshoe shape, with the west-facing side of the arena only containing seats up against the glass. The arena will have spaces for numerous food vendors, along with an area set aside for an arena-owned store, which can sell Prydanian hockey products, such as jerseys, or other logo-laden clothes.

Near the end of Mr. Makkara’s statement, he also informed us that there will be a best of 7 series held between the Kanadian and Prydanian national teams, the first event held at the new rink. Makkara finished, “We hope this will help bring the Kanadian and Prydanian hockey leagues closer together, and foster the beginning of a new era of sports in Prydania.”

Malor-Kanadian Engineering Corps begins constructing schools in Korova

6ea70a74-e886-b0ad-94ec-420d7c9e7163

Soldiers from the Second and Fourth Kanadian Engineering Corps have arrived in Korovka, Korova, armed with the supplies to begin construction of two dozen schools. Following their entrance into the Bergum Pact, the two governments made plans for the Malor-Kanadians to construct 18 primary schools and 4 secondary schools throughout Korovka, in order to help relieve the crushing lack of education infrastructure. Each of these primary schools should be able to teach upwards of 300 kids, while each secondary school will have a capacity of nearly 1500 students.

Each of these schools will have an independent electrical grid powered by an array of solar panels on the roof, along with backup gasoline generators. This will allow the each school to have computers, which give students access to the internet and nearly infinite online resources. These schools will also provide jobs for potential teachers and staff.

The Corps also informed us that these schools will be finished by the end of the summer, in time for the start of a new school year.

Last edited:
oPfZU6u.png

1VVZNjM.jpg

Assembly of Peers Greenlight the I-20 Refurbishment
By: Alex White

A lone car shoots down the curvy roads of a bygone era. Old, desolate, and decrepit houses can be seen periodically through the gaps of the fences that are on both sides of the paved road. The air is fresh, pollution is almost non-existent out here as buildings have been replaced by wildlife, paved roads are gravel and the crop is the mark of the province.

But that is about to change. After two months of infighting in both the Assembly of Commons and the Assembly of Peers a conclusion has finally happened with the AoP agreeing to the start of the Inland Modernization Project after years of neglect as the coastline-cities have been in the limelight. The multi billion dollar project will see the old roads of the I-20, I-35, and I-40 be repaved, more people will be encouraged to move to the Provinces of Ilfreycombe and Nancledra to boost the agricultural, textile, manufacturing and energy production industries of the region. Along with this, more wind-mills will be built by companies that have been sponsored by the Abelfreyjan Government.

The Abelfreyjan Gov. expects at least 100,000 citizens to move to the regions as cuts have been made to taxes and other things such as price of green electricity. The Long process is a 10 year plan and is set to officially start on June 10th, 2020.

GIRoXZN.png

“Good day to all those joining us for the News Hour at twelve. I am your host Eva Folstad. The breaking news today is more terror on the seas right off the coast of Yalkan. There have been many sightings of Oclusi pirates engaging in piracy. Robbing local fisherman who stray too far into international waters. Witnesses have claimed they have seen the pirates crossing over into Yalken waters, but there has been no official statements made by Defense Minister Gunnar Goplen in that regard, but he has noted that “We are watching the area closely for activity.” There has been an increase in flyover patrols in the area to assure security.

In other news it is the two year anniversary of The Sigguatr Hjorleifsson Printing Hall Heist. Two years and no new developments on the case. In a rare concession, The head of the Fraud and Embezzlement Bureau Henrik Felland has invited investigators from Goyanes. They are a part of the GVT or Financial Crime Service. They will help head the stalled investigations. Mr. Felland has expressed that “With the greater resources and knowledge at hand we will surely recover the stolen plates and finally undo this travesty on Yalkan’s history.”

Last edited:
rtHYRkj.png

BREAKING NEWS: IMPERIAL TROOPS DEPLOYED TO RIO VERDE

V2afyhX.jpg

wPMRPo1.jpg

4pKAkYi.jpg

It is a day many on both sides of the Emmereh peninsula thought would never come, in the early hours of the morning, some 15,000 Astragonese troops crossed the Rio border and entered the city proper. the move comes following weeks of rioting and civil unrest in the beleaguered iterian city-state which saw swathes of the city destroyed and curfews imposed as authorities struggled to maintain public order. Rio's police force proved incapable of bringing the situation under control and after nearly a month of near-anarchy, the Astragonese assembly invoked the Sakard clause. The clause was written into the constitution of Rio when the eponymous emperor reclaimed the city from Syndicalists in 1947, the amendment specifically states that should the cities ruling authorities prove unable to maintain the peace that control of the city would revert to the mainland.

For most in Astragon Rio represents a stain, a bitter reminder of the colonial era, as a result, many citizens on the mainland have welcomed the news of the cities re-integration with celebrations. In the city proper, however, the mood is more subdued, imperial troops have thus far been a welcome sight for both Verdean and Astragonese citizens but this is mood is unlikely to last as the occupation gets underway. Brigadier-General Morgan Tandesha has promised to restore order and ease the city through the coming period of transition, first on his agenda is opening the airports and getting the cities many inner wards back under control. Tanks now line the motorways and soldiers are patrolling the streets, the first tentative signs of civil life began to emerge as some shops and essential services re-opened under army protection, but it will likely be months and maybe years before Rio feels normal again.

OEDk1Z9.png

X2ErwVb.jpg

Queen Nailah in late 2019. Source: Her Majesty's Public Affairs Corps

QUEEN TO ABANDON COLONIAL TITLES
AHEAD OF TRIP TO KOROVA

by Naglaa Fathi

17 June 2020
Babaef

In a statement early Wednesday morning, the Vizier confirmed rumors circulating among Palace insiders that Queen Nailah is keen on forgoing titles associated with historic colonial possessions in modern-day Bashime and Korova. The move comes as the Government confirms Her Majesty will be attending the historic coronation of Arthur Tatarov in Korovka later this year. Sources close to Korovan foreign officials say the gesture of goodwill towards the government in Korovka was a welcome surprise. Once the change has been formalized, the Pharaoh will be officially titled 'Her Majesty The Queen of Sedge and Bee', referring to the historic regions of Upper and Lower Ta-Meri united over two millennia ago. Monarchs since the reign of Gazelle XI have adorned the additional title of Queen of Nairi and Neferu, two governorates of the former Ta-Meri colonial empire. The reform is in line with other modernizing efforts ushered in under Queen Nailah's reign, including devolving more powers to the elected government and extending the line of succession to include non-female heirs. In an open letter published hours after the announcement, several prominent hardliners within the Ausetist church expressed concerns the decision would minimize the status of future Pharaohs as the 'embodiment of the goddess'. These concerns have been dismissed by the churches leader-in-effect, the Matriarch of Babaef, and other mainstream priests. The new title is slated to be effectuated by Decree shortly before noon on Thursday, a Palace press release confirmed.

nbQErbw.png

Last edited:
18 June 2020

After 2 months of being admitted in the Royal Hospital, King Rajyappa IV has sadly expired due to natural causes. This week has been declared a mourning period and Prince Adolin Kayappa will be coronated on 25 June. Until that time the Queen will take over. King Rajyappa IV made the country known n the foreign world, we are honoured we had a king like that. May his soul rest in peace.

kbSe1DZ.png

Summer Solstice Celebration Peaks in Haland
by Felix Svarfdal

Haland- King Tobias and Empress Alycia attended the Summer Solstice festival in Haland that concluded the three town tour that began in Akrafjall and Hafragil. Cardinal Villads Dalgaard of the Diocese of Haland was on hand to great the Royal couple, following the Thaunnic Archdecon Ægir Hjort and Hafragil's Laurentist priest Patrik Mjófjörð.

"Today we celebrate the Midsummer" the King said to the assembled crowd in downtown Haland.
"If the winter is for contemplation on the past, today is for the celebration of the present. That's what my parents thought, when they met at this festival. And now I'm happy, for the first time, to attend with my wife, and our family. And we have much to celebrate today. From family, to our recovering agricultural yields. Prydania comes together today and we once more prove that we are a people of perseverance. It's said we travel the road, regardless of how weary we are and today is the day we put our feet up to admire a path well travelled, when we proudly declare við elskum landið okkar*!"

Empress Alycia also spoke, showing grace even while six months pregnant.
"I'm honoured to be here" she said in Prydanian, "and to celebrate with you all, in my second home. I came to this city in 2015 in the middle of war, and to see it now, full of life and spirit, does me good. I'm never going to forget what this ceremony means, and how it brings us all closer together."

The King and Empress lit the ceremonial first bonfire containing the effigy of a witch- and the evil spirits it represents- together and proceeded to enjoy the festival. Picnics, bonfires, and feasts dotted Haland in the most upbeat and celebratory Summer Solstice festival since the end of the Civil War.

The event marked a change of pace for the country so far dominated by the stabbing of Thorbjörn Höjsleth in Saintonge and the investigations into Prydania Today. Spokesmen for the Royal couple refused to comment on those ongoing stories, citing the celebratory nature of the event.

"His Majesty and Her Majesty will return to matters of state tomorrow, but today is a day to celebrate both the harvest and the economic recovery of Prydania. The King and Empress are enjoying the festivities and have nothing to say on these matters presently" Absalonhöll stated when asked for comment.

This has been the third Summer Solstice festival since the end of the War. No festival was held in 2017 due to the war ending so close to the date. Events were held in 2018 and 2019, with last year's event including a stop in His Majesty's mother's home town of Krysuvik.
The Royal family is expected to spend the night in Haland, before heading to Astissa tomorrow.

*við elskum landið okkar= we love our country

Last edited:
rtHYRkj.png

1 Hour Ago

Astragonese Ambassador Slams Nygaard over Anti-Shaddaist Comments

MZoSdv4.jpg

In a rare break from Astragon's usual non-involvement in the political affairs of a foreign nation, Sobekh Na Tandesha the ambassador to Prydania has delivered a scathing criticism of the embattled Tenna Nygaard. The move comes following revelations that the leader of the Bandalag opposition posted inflammatory comments on the media platform twitcher in which she suggested that Isak Mattanel a Prydanian politician and Shaddaist should "Go back to Adoneh-Jirei" if he did not like the current political climate. In a radio interview, Mr Tandesha declared his outrage over Tenna Nygaard's comment.

"It has long been our nation's policy to avoid interfering in the political situations of allies and neighbours, however, Tenna Nygaard will not have my silence on this matter!!! My Grandfather died in Iraelia so that Shaddaist beliefs would not be threatened by extremist thugs! her comments show a total lack of sensitivity to both the victimisation of Shaddaists both abroad and within Prydania! The Shaddaist victims of Prydania's struggle against syndicalism have been buried for not even a full decade and her comments can be viewed as nothing more than cynical exploitation of prejudice against a minority group! We extend our full solidarity to our brother Isak Mattanel and condemn Mrs Nygaard's comments in the strongest language possible!"

When asked if there was a chance to for the embattled opposition leader to redeem herself Mr Tandesha was blunt "She can take a visit to one of the many cemeteries and memorials that dot Prydania, or better yet book a flight to Iraelia to see the consequences that follow when her foul rhetoric finds a willing audience! to my mind, it is Mrs Nygaard who requires a visit to Adoneh-Jirei, Not Mr Mattanel!"

While it is rare for imperial diplomatic staff to comment on foreign politics there is a long history of imperial officials voicing support for Shaddaist communities and calling out prejudiced stances. Astragon, a nation of 110 million is over 40% Shaddaist and tends to take an orthodox stance compared with more liberal communities abroad. Gadol Wabasha's office in Bayyah Tyrooz has issued a statement condemning Tenna Nygaard's comments and calling for unity amongst all Shaddaists.

"Now more then ever it is vital that we stand together, we will not allow those who hate our way of life to divide us"

It remains to be seen if this scandal will impact future relations with Prydania.

Last edited:

9UxfONH.png

Statement from the Department of Defense in Mondari
“In an effort to continue with force modernization and unification, we are working with top defense contractors in order to develop a new helicopter to replace the fleet of CH-35 Medium and CH-85 Heavy utility helicopters. Our goal in developing a new helicopter is the same as with the procurement of Griffin fighter jets from Mintoria, that being the minimization of weapons platforms in order to increase training time and proficiency under each platform for the individual Soldier, Airman, and Sailor.”​
Desmond Xavier
Secretary of Defense in the Democratic Districts of Mondari​

Last edited:
rwICGST.png

Polykor opens new regional HQ in Beaconsfield
June 29, 2020 - Leif Eiderstein

fPzGFTT.jpg
kWJsGa7.jpg

Left: The exterior of the new HQ. Right: The open-plan workspace atrium.

BEACONSFIELD - Goyanean tech giant Polykor has opened up a new regional headquarters building in Beaconsfield. The move comes as the company has been making inroads in the growing northern Craviter economy. CEO Vilkas Øyvindsson was present at the grand opening, flanked by numerous other executives.

He told reporters: “Today is a big day for Polykor not just in Prydania but in the world. From our new regional headquarters here in Beaconsfield, we will be able to supply new jobs to the local population, increase our market share, and develop new, more integrated products for this part of the world.”

Polykor has had 3 straight record-breaking years, as more and more people around the world take to the internet, and as personal computing becomes cheaper and cheaper. The new headquarters are seen as a move to cement Polykor’s dominance in the newly growing tech sector.

The new headquarters building is located in the Grönjordsvej district of Beaconsfield, and conveniently across the street from a train station, take that as you will for a Goyanean company. The structure was designed by Prydanian architect Freymóður Lykken. About 2000 employees will move into their new corporate home, consolidating operations from more than 3 leased spaces around central Beaconsfield. The new office includes a large open-plan office atrium, with various levels of offices surrounding it. The building meets gold environmental standards, and has new, energy-efficient heating and cooling systems.

GIRoXZN.png

Good day to all those joining us for the News Hour at twelve. I am your host Eva Folstad. More news today on pirates from the Southern Gothis Sea. Late last night a patrol plane spotted and neutralized several boats that have been identified as pirates hailing from Oclusia. Many have voiced their concerns over such instability over the border in Oclusia proper. Prime Minister Neville has made the statement today that “The Commonwealth can no longer sit idly by waiting for travesty to cross over into our peaceful way of life. Rest assured our government is working close with our allies to secure a safer future for our nation.”

Along with this statement is the declaration of all such pirate activities to be labelled as political acts of terrorism. When asked if he would work with the Oclusi government to help bring this trouble to an end, Mr. Neville responded with “There is no safe future for Yalkan that includes Oclusia’s current administration and politics.”

bOAmbsO.jpg

BREAKING: Hessunland Parliament Moves to Revoke Treaty of Hessenberg

5 Minutes ago

jf64iNl.jpg

In a move likely to send shockwaves through the rest of Gothis, Prime Minister Marie Linz today declared the post-war treaty of Hessenberg null and void. The treaty signed at the end of the Gotmark war in 1989 had required Hessunland to limit its military to the level of defence forces, however with Andrenne's recent actions at Kosada and their repeal of the treaty of Kjelsama it appears the political mood in Hessunland has shifted. Speaking in front of a crowd of military and government personnel Prime Minister Linz had this to say:

"Hessunland has worked hard over the last 30 years to build a nation free from the hatred and belligerence of Gottia, we have achieved great things in that time, rebuilding our economy and pride largely without outside aid. I am proud of the nation we have built, which is why the events just across our border have forced me to take drastic action to protect it.

When our predecessors signed the treaty of Hessenberg, we had hoped that all of Gothis was entering into a new era of mutual peace and mutual freedom, for a time that was the case. However, our neighbours have now seen fit to challenge that peace. The actions of Ducrijecka and Andrenne have driven our continent to the precipice, we now exist in a state of tension unseen since the Gotmark war!

If Andrenne no longer wishes to abide by Kjelsama, Hessunland shall no longer feel obligated to uphold Hessenberg! We have kept our word these thirty years, but when our neighbours break theirs so easily they leave us no choice. Hessunland will not leave itself open to threats any longer, from this day forward the great people of Mittelgotik will do whatever is necessary to ensure the continued prosperity and safety of our nation!"

Hessunland is expected to begin ramping up its defences in the coming months, analysts predicting that the nations industrial centres in Franktorf and Dussel will now begin expanding their production of military equipment. It is also highly likely that the ministry of defence will be instructed to procure military equipment from international markets. This new situation represents the largest shift toward defense spending that Gothis has seen arguably since the fascist war.

Last edited:
rwICGST.png

Bank of the Goyanean Empire introduces two new revised banknotes
July 7, 2020 - Amelia Norbrygge

williamnordhaus_apcraigruttle_181009.jpg
wT2PbUp.png

Left: Director-General Jon Osmundsson explaining the new design features to the press. Right: The new 1000- and 100-dram designs, courtesy: Bank of the Goyanean Empire

GOJANNESSTAD - At a press conference today the Director-General of the Bank of the Empire, Jon Osmundsson, revealed the updated designs of the 1000-dram and 100-dram banknotes to the public. The design change of the thousand dram bill is due to a piracy and theft issue regarding Yalkan-printed drams resulting in pirates stealing printing plates about two years ago. The new design "incorporates many new security features... such as more UV features, security thread, holographic ink, and more watermarks." The bills are marginally more expensive to print, but are "worth the cost" according to Osmundsson. The new thousand dram bills will enter circulation immediately, and old version will be withdrawn from service as soon as possible.

The second revision, the hundred-dram bill, is less for security purposes and instead to commemorate the 200th anniversary of the invention of the train in Goyanes. The anniversary falls on Saturday, June 11, this year's iteration of Rudolfsson and Oppenheimer Day. The redesign is entirely on the reverse side, which features prominently a steam locomotive, as well as Rudolfsson's first locomotive, and a modern E6-series HHT trainset. In addition, Lord van Oppenheimer's famous quote is inscribed on the reverse side of the bill. It reads: "We shall connect all the places in this land, all the hamlets, all the towns, all the cities. No mountain will stand in our way, no river will break our path. The iron road is our leash, and nature shall be our pet." Grand Emperor Anthony is expected to make a proclamation on the 11th, and the new hundred-dram bill will be a part of it.

Regarding the new notes, Osmundsson said that new, more secure delivery methods are being utilized, and that he is working with the Financial Crimes Service to secure the stolen plates and ensure it does not happen again. He also stated that "new Dram bills are on their way to banks across Goyanes and the greater Dramzone" for distribution.

rwICGST.png
Stortinget overwhelmingly passes new elections reform package
July 9, 2020 - Elisa Hesse

Zuerich_HB_Wahllokal_171015.jpg

People queue to vote at Gojannesstad's South Station during the 2016 general election.

GOJANNESSTAD — Grand Emperor Anthony has given assent to a bill drafted by the Stortinget and the Goyanean Elections Department (GVD) that aims to increase voter accessibility and turnout. Goyanes, which has an average voter turnout for general elections of about 63 percent, seeks to raise turnout above 75 percent. The director of the GVD, Saga Vanderklerk, commented to GRK that new measures will aim to “simplify the voter registration process and increase poll access.”

As part of the measures, Voluntary voter registration will be eliminated in Goyanes. The GVD will instead use the citizen’s registry that is tied to the national ID card system to ensure that voters are eligible. As such, voter registration forms and cards will be eliminated by the end of the year. When a natural-born citizen turns 18, or when a permanent resident becomes a citizen, they will receive a letter in the mail informing them of their new status as an eligible voter, as well as their applicable voting districts.

Since voter registration cards will be eliminated, to access the polls one will simply need to present their valid national ID card. If they cannot provide it another citizens-only ID form such as a Goyanean passport or military identification card. This still poses the question of where to vote? The old voter registration cards had your assigned polling place written on it. Under the new system an invitation will be sent to eligible voters about two weeks before the election telling them the purpose of the election and their assigned polling place. They do not have to bring the invitation to the polls though.

Vote-by-mail will be expanded to all citizens, not just those who are living abroad, elderly, or disabled. Eligible voters will be able to log on to the GVD’s online portal and apply to vote by mail. They will receive a postal ballot ahead of the election, and they can be turned into any outgoing mail box in Goyanes. Critics are questioning the risks of voter fraud, but examples in other countries have proved expanded vote-by-mail systems rarely see cases of mass fraud.

In addition, the Inland Revenue Department has stated that tax breaks will be provided to businesses who provide breaks for employees to vote on election day.

The new package has been met with much approval from both the general public as well as pundits from both parties, who see an opportunity to expand their voter base to more people.

SRK News International
Krasneten

Krasnai-Krasodt SEZ project placed on hold
Ensel Kadzan ∙ SRK News ∙ July 12, 2020 ∙ 5.73-07-20

Last week it was announced that all work on the Krasnai-Krasodt SEZ extension project had been halted. SRK has now learned why.

Documents we obtained show that unstable ground conditions near the town of Verlikas has hampered preparatory work on several tunnel and bridge segments required to complete the rail link, and engineers associated with the project now believe its current route to be infeasible. As a result, all work has been halted until an alternative route can be found.

The initial announcement caused a stir in parliament last week, with Opposition Leader Armen Varaz calling for the Railway Minister's resignation, and this event is likely to fuel further criticism of the government and SVZ over their handling of the project, now two years behind schedule and over 400 million Ezretad over budget. Initially slated to enter service in 2022, its completion date has since been pushed back to 2024; with this additional delay it is unclear if this deadline can still be made.

Alternative routes suggested

SRK news has also obtained some proposals for alternate routes the line may take, largely based off proposals from initial design studies. Sources within SVZ have told us that two routes appear to be the front-runners. The first would require a 42 km-long detour around Eskal Ridge to avoid the area entirely. This would reduce the number of tunnel segments but would require an additional 15 km of viaducts, increase trip time by about ten minutes, and prevent the line from making a stop in Verlikas. Completion of such a route is estimated at no sooner than 2027.

The other possible route would see the line run across the notorious lake Damzera. While such a route would be quicker, cheaper and faster to build than even the current plan, it would require the construction of a large rail bridge across the lake, which the Sastennic Military Engineering Corps has determined to be too dangerous to attempt.

Lake Damzera was used for over a century by the Varatennic and Sastennic militaries as a munitions disposal site, eventually becoming the largest such site in Sasten. Over a million tonnes of ordnance was dumped in the lake between 1892 and 1999, with engineers estimating over 100,000 tonnes of TNT-equivalent explosive to still be dangerous; in 2012, a magnitude 2.8 earthquake was caused by the spontaneous detonation of some of the stored munitions. Due to the nature of the site, the lake, plus an area of 12 kilometers around the site has been declared a total exclusion zone by the military. Previous attempts to remedy the site have been declared to be "dangerous, infeasible, and largely futile".

Given the extreme risks posed by the site, it is unclear how the lake-crossing could proceed, but SVZ nonetheless appears optimistic that its problems can be solved.

SVZ have scheduled a press conference to discuss the matter on July 20th.

nxOAZiZ.png

INSURGENCY WREAKS HAVOC IN THE EAST - TAKES CONTROL OF SEVERAL KEY TOWNS AND REGIONS

ISN: An insurgency, orchestrated by the Independent Myschatów State in the East, has broken loose and carried out several attacks on local towns and farms. On February 9th, the town of Legdańsk (with a population of 35,271) was attacked by this militant group and completely burned to the ground. All of the residents were taken away to an unknown base in the mountains, where our reconnaissance drones are still attempting to infiltrate said base. A state intelligence agency has estimated that their numbers are between 800 to 1,200 soldiers, armed with the most outdated of weaponry. The Independent Myschatów State claims the entire panhandle as well as several provinces west, but only having control over a small and isolated part. It's run by a man known as Yevhen Yatsenko, an ex-military commander who had served for more than twenty years. Much of the population have expressed fears over the Independent Myschatów State having connections with the stolen nuclear weapons from November 16th of last year, despite several state intelligence agencies such as Domovoi denying any connection and launching investigations to find the root of the incident.

"It's entirely unknown whether the stolen nuclear weapons have absolutely any connection to the Independent Myschatów State, but our intelligence agencies have denied this fact." President Stefanek stated in a private meeting with the press yesterday, before leaving and allowing his Press Secretary take over the rest. Domovoi released a document compiling of all the information that they have gathered about the incident and the Independent Myschatów State and if there is any existing correlation between the two. "I will be meeting with the Komitet Krajowy tomorrow to discuss the approach that Inowalki will take with these rebels. A mobilization of our military can be expected to forcibly remove Yevhen Yatsenko from power to free the people from his reign of terror in the East."

rwICGST.png
Regional leaders meet in Evænning to establish Grenseverein
July 19, 2020 - Rudolf Eihavn

1000x-1.jpg

A driver departs the border checkpoint on the Goyanean-Alliaronian border.
This will soon be a sight of the past as most traffic will be able to proceed through without stopping.

EVÆNNING — The ballrooms at the Imperial Elv Hotel were the site of an historic event in the history of Gothis. The leaders of Goyanes, Alliaronia, Gotmark, Frisia, Hessunland, and Jomfruland convened to establish the Grenseverein. It is an expansion upon the open borders pact already in place between Goyanes and Gotmark. The new regulations are going to go in place at the end of the month. Among them, the creation of a contiguous area across western Gothis with no permanent passport checks at the border. A set of conditions was laid out and agreed upon by the members. Customs, tax, and agricultural checks will remain in place at the borders, and nations may implement temporary border checks at will. In addition, a common short-stay visa policy will be enacted across all the member states of the Grenseverein.

What does this mean for everyday people? No more border checks on trains, buses, airplanes, and ferries traveling around the region. Travel should be more streamlined, especially in regions around the borders. In addition, you can seek work in any of the grenseverein states, and are allowed to move freely through the area. You can take school courses at universities around the region. All in all, a net positive for the region. Especially as we dawn on anniversary after anniversary of both the Fascist Wars and the Gotmark War, western Gothis moving towards peace is a sign of even better times ahead.

Critics of the expanded Grenseverein claim that jobs and sovereignty will be stolen from Goyanes, but only time can tell. So far, futures have reacted positively. When the markets open on Monday we will see the initial economic impact of the declaration. Supporters claim that Gothis will be more united than ever and that the region will see unrestrained economic growth. One thing is for certain though, the creation of the Grenseverein will create a powerful economic bloc on western Goyanes, especially as three of the six members are using the Dram and an additional country, Jomfruland, uses a Dram-pegged currency.

The Immigrations and Customs Service of Goyanes along with the Ministry of the Interior say they are both working with agencies around the area to ensure that the common identification document database will be up and running by the time the open borders go in place. In addition, the Border Guard is installing license plate camera readers at the borders to ensure stolen/warranted vehicles are not leaving the country freely.

More updates will come as this story develops.

KYaKRRq.png
19 JULY 2020
MERCANTI ISSUE

Alliaronia to be part of the Grenseverein
TBQbi4T.png

A map of the Grenseverein member states - Alliaronia, Frisia, Gotmark, Goyanes, Hessunland, and Jomfruland.
FRIEGÖNDT — Word has got out within the populace of the United Kingdom of Alliaronia that the country will be joining the West Gotic pact of the Grenseverein, a Goyanean-led organisation that encompasses the states of Alliaronia, Frisia, Gotmark, Goyanes, Hessunland, and Jomfruland. Originally a small pact between Gotmark and Goyanes, the latter government has decided to expand it to include other West Gotic nations.

The Grenseverein - or border union in Gojan - is an open-borders area within the aforementioned states. It abolishes border checks for most citizens, allowing a free-flowing system of people to transit through the member states. However, certain policies are enacted for freight transport, and outsiders that are not part of the Grenseverein. Labour seeking will also experience a boon, for citizens within the Grenseverein member states may find jobs on other countries part of the zone.

At a press conference held today by the Staatsminister Hans Wiezsel-Mörger, he says:

"We think that the proposals and the system we had discussed in Evænning would actually benefit us even more. This would significantly lessen the papierhelvete the Utenriksministerium has to deal with, but of course we are aware that there are many possible downsides that could arise. Only time will tell us, ladies and gentlemen, if the system works. Nevertheless, if problems arise, our country has the autonomous freedom to suspend any privileges the Grenseverein provides."

During a survey conducted by Die Volkshärälds, out of 150 participants, 96% or 144 participants are heavily in favour of the Grenseverein, mostly hailing or has residences on or from Östgotmark, Vasterfriesen, Niebelvatt, and Zuenseelt. 4% or six participants abstained, having no opinion on the Grenseverein.

The regulations of the Grenseverein is slated to be effective by the end of July.

DIE VOLKSHÄRÄLDS
Balanced news. No fear or favour.
Marntinettalle 27, Uhramatzbezirk, Æstfolzea​

vUy92x4.png

Norsian News Network

Historic Moment: Norsian Arsenal of Peace Declared as first carrier launches

jYYy6qK.png

"Good morning, this is NNN Morning News. My name is Eva Mirea. History has been made today as the Royal Navy launches its first ever Aircraft Carrier today in the Dioseros Naval Harbor. Not only is it the first true Aircraft Carrier our country has ever owned, but it is also the first one built from scratch with domestic components. 'The launch of the Norsitica Class Aircraft Carrier marks a key milestone in our countries ambitions to become a great continental power' Alekos Karalis has this report."

"The Norsitica Class Light Carrier is said to have fifteen times the military strength than the Sokratis class vessels, which began construction in the early nineties and only finished their constructions in the late two thousands. Laid down in twenty fifteen and finally launched, christened and commissioned by Her Majesty today in twenty twenty, after the project was troubled by the taint of Silver Guard bureaucracy and the pitfalls of a complete government transition. The Norsitica Class finally enables the Royal military to take its bid for air supremacy to the seas, far away from the homelands and outside of the range of landbased interceptors and flankers."

"The Norsitica allows Maelig Roparz's brand new S1 V/STOL Multirole Fighters to take off from its flight deck laden with a full loadout while keeping its competitive edge as a modern fighter jet. It achieves this by having a deck length of two hundred forty five meters and a twelve degree ski ramp. This combination coupled with the S1's Vertical lift systems allows the new Naval based MR-S1 fighter to take off from the carriers deck without sacrificing more than a third of the fuel capacity of its land based predecessor, the MR-20E to stronger vertical lift systems."

"It is further aided by the fact that the MR-S1 is purposefully designed to take off from and land on the Norsitica's deck. Indeed before the construction of the hull even began the planning and testing of the flight deck and the new fighters was rigorous. The costs in resources and time, however, was well worth it. Most, if not all, of its technical teething issues have been sorted and addressed in time for today's launch. We and many other spectators were treated to a live display of the new MR-S1's taking off and even landing on the carrier, showing that it is indeed ready for service on launch."

"The Norsitica can hold a maximum complement of thirty four fighter strike and rotary aircraft. Her Majesty heralded the new carrier as the pride of not only the Navy but also the country in her speech at the launch. The launch day parade and the turnout is clear evidence of that. That's all we have here at the moment for you Mira, back to you."

Mira comes into view again with her warm smile.

"Thank you, Karalis! Her Majesty and the Lord Minister of Defense Paskou Ulliac had choice words at the unveiling." The screen cuts to the Lord Minister.

"She was made to protect Craviter and lead the Royal Navy. She carries our hopes, our ambitions and our hearts. Now our industry, economy and government is in a position to make her sisters and in half the time! And with the expansion of Thalámos* nearing completion, our plans to do just that is not very far off, they will play key roles as we work to greatly expand the navy." The screen cuts to Alycia.

"It was made clear yesterday that it is the will of the parliament and the Norsian people that our great military, with all of its power and might, be not only for defense of our Empire, but for our great continent and our allies. As a unified people and Empire we do declare that through our power and might and arms that our great industrial capacity shall be the Arsenal of Peace." the screen transitions back to Mira.

"Our countries military and economy has been steadily getting stronger in this last decade and stronger still and more rapidly since Her Majesty took the throne and a new government was formed. Her Majesties goals and ambitions have never been secret, and the current ruling moderate party is currently forecast to have likely chances of maintaining their majority in the upcoming election. What does Her Majesty and the Parliament mean by Arsenal of Peace? What does becoming a carrier operating country mean for Norsos? We have this and a breakdown of yesterdays Act of Parliament coming after this short break."

Thalámos translates to Sea Ward. It is Norsos' largest naval base and shipyard, it currently has a total base population of 51,500+ By the completion of its expansion it will house a total of 62,800+ Despite being named after Dioseros it is not part of the city, in fact it is north west of the city between Dioseros and Astissos. while you will not find it on any civilian map it has a sizable navy town attached to it. the base was first established in 1831, and since then has grown to be the countries Naval Citadel.

Last edited:
NUOVA ANTOFAGOSTA TIMES

Predicean Ministry of National Defence releases 2020 Strategic Defence Review

Released 24.07.20

defence-minister-800x500_c.png

Minister of National Defence Pietro Badogili Announcing the Strategic Defence Review

Nuova Antofagosta, Predice - The Ministry of National Defence released the 2020 Strategic Defence Review. We will see branch by branch what new is to come.

Army- The Army Aviation Command is to undergo a revitaliztion programme, and is to acquire an additional 9 EA-15 Attack Helicopters and 12 Medium Transport and utility helicopters. The Army has also begun the Future Soldier Project, which forsees the acquiring of 120,000 new assault rifles, and new body armour and other personal equipment. The Army will also go ahead with a programme of Artillery modernisation.

Navy- The Navy has launched the first of the Soldati-class Attack Submarines, the replacement class for the ageing Avanti-class Submarines. Another seven are to be built for the Predicean Navy up to 2026. This fills a gaping hole in the Predicean Navy, as its Submarine Fleet has, for decades been made up of three Avanti-class Submarines from the 1970s. The development of Next-Generation Patrol Frigates and Patrol Boats has also been underway with Saintonge, and the first ships are expected to be finished by 2022. The Carrier/Amphibious Assualt Ship Predice is to see a 200 million piara refit, involving her engines, and radar systems. The Refit is expected to finish in 2022. As the ageing Harrier faces retirement, the Fleet Air Arm has started the Next Generation Multirole VTOL Fighter Project, with 36 aircraft to be acquired. Additionally, the last of the Antofagosta class Frigates and Dullio class Destroyers are to be finished by 2021.

Air Force- 24 CC-18bis models remain on order with another 48 planned to outfit the last three Fighter Squadrons, with plans to upgrade all other CC-18 variants to the bis standard. The CC-18bis model is equipped with a new FC-18G9 Engine, giving the plane a thrust to weight ratio of 1.11. The plane is also equipped with a new GLADIATORE Electronic Warfare Suite, the capabilities of which remain classified. The plane has also been rumoured to be equipped with the new Carlioni M18 Radar, whose capablities also remain classified. The Air Force is also planning on expanding its utility and transport aircraft fleet, with an additional 14 aircraft under consideration to be ordered. The Air Force is also exploring 5th and 6th Generation Aircraft options.

Last edited:
IkqtyGI.png

The Daily Itrea
www.TDI.co.it / News from the North / - Since 1879
Avalire Gov't Approves Thorium Project
Ayrith, Avalire ~ With a 37-22 vote by the Avalire Assembly a controversial experimental nuclear reactor has been given the approval for construction in the Coastal District of Avalire north of the City of Ciara.

The project became a public debate in 2019 when Northern Green, a subsidiary of the state-owned Itrean Electric Company, submitted a Proposal of 4 Reactor MSR Throium Plant.

With the approval of Avalire Government, the last hurtle to the project has been removed though funding has yet to be procured for the projected 24 Billion Tresk nuclear project that is expected to be derived from a mix of Coalition, Sovereign and Private sources.

(Continues on Page 3)

Last edited:
mbTbxGS.png

FRIDAY, 31 July 2020
ALLIARONIA / THE WORLD

Prydanian soda company partners with Vänderlej, factory expansion slated
Zw4S0Pa.png
Logo of the Vänderlej Industries, one of Alliaronia's powerful companies and businesses.

GNÄVENGERSTAD, SIELMETTELV — Prydanian soda company Taurine Power, famous for its Tóki's Cola, or Tóki's Kóla in Prydanian, has struck a highly profitable partnership with Vänderlej Industries, a Gnävengerstad-based Alliaronian multi-million company.

As soda drinking has been a favorite pastime among most Alliaronians especially after work, Vänderlej had been selling a number of beverages under a myriad of brands. However, with a continuous growing economy, the company has decided to go open up by adding a foreign brand into the Alliaronian market that has been largely dominated by its Gojan and Vallish neighbors.

In the most recent struck deal, Vänderlej CEO and owner Artur Vänderlej secured a contract to produce Tóki's Cola, one of Prydania's renowned and iconic products, which has had a very lengthy history. It is the first major entry of a Prydanian product within Alliaronian markets - and Vänderlej decided that 70% of its revenue earned from Tóki's Cola are under Taurine Power, while 30% belong to Vänderlej. In an interview, Sir Vänderlej said:

"We thought it was about time another Gotic nation entered our market. With our possibility of entering the Pan-Gotic Union as well, we'd like to get the moopsy opportunity to have a good start."

Along with that, the Vänderlej beverage factory in Gnävengerstad has also been slated for a 240-million dram expansion to accommodate a large forecast of consumption, as the deal also stated that the first amounts of Tóki's Cola are going to be imported, which is also Vänderlej's speciality.

Tóki's Cola is expected to roll in Alliaronian markets by early August.

Last edited by a moderator:

auGtico.png

Stocks & Concerns Rise as Estpoisson Expands Operations
Henri Bredeaux, Jul 31st, 2020

Stocks rose for large-scale commercial fishing company Estpoisson today as they announced plans to expand their operations in the Meterran Sea with more ships and crews. "We're happy to announce that this expansion will provide a boost of jobs to the province of Berthier as we keep the tradition of Lancerian-caught fish on the tables of this nation," the company said in a press release this morning. The city of Dessaix is most likely to see the biggest boost to its local economy and union leaders there praised the move.

fstoppers_bycatch_brian_raymond_5343_0.jpg

Environmental advocates have spoken out against the increased activity, however, raising concerns as populations of endangered fish species in the Meterran Sea continue a gradual decline by being accidentally caught and as boat strikes continue to cause further deaths. The Fédération Lancerienne de la Faune (FCF) is trialing a number of ropeless fishing gear solutions to reduce the impact of commercial fishing on wildlife but noted the gear wouldn't be ready in time for Espoisson's expansion plans. A petition to restrict the fishing areas and to require greater effort from fisheries to reduce their impact on the environment is going viral on Fluttr, gathering over 1,000 signatures in its first hours. The Ministry of the Environment has yet to comment.

rwICGST.png
Goyanean government pledges aid package to Cojedes after devastating storm

August 3, 2020
Kristof Heilegen

60-Minutes-Conan-OBrien.jpg

Jon Norberg being interviewed by Kristof Heilegen at the Prime Minister's residence last week.

GOJANNESSTAD- At a press conference today outside of the Landesdag, Prime Minister Norberg announced that Goyanes would be sending a comprehensive aid package to Cojedes following the deadly storm that ripped across the nation several days ago.

“Cojedes has always been a close friend of Goyanes, and as they have stood by us, we will stand by them in their time of need,” said Norberg. He has dispatched the hospital ship GSS Bårmnade and the Imperial Army Corps of Engineers to assist in Cojedes. The hospital ship has accommodations for 300 standard beds, 20 ICU beds, and 8 operating rooms. There are also comprehensive analysis and radiography facilities onboard, essentially making it a full-fledged major hospital—but seaborne.

The Engineers will be working closely with the Cojedan Secretary of Emergency Situations to repair structures, equipment, and utilities as fast as possible to ensure a quick return to normality for the Cojedan people. In addition, the Goyanean government will be providing financial aid payments to the Cojedan government for purchasing supplies and food for its people.

The Foreign Minister, Ken Lorge, also said that Cojedan nationals in Goyanes seeking return to Cojedes will be able to seek bereavement and emergency flights via Luftreederei at little to no cost. The Ministry of Transportation also stated at the press conference that ferry service to Cojedes will resume later this week once port conditions are cleared for operation.

More on this story will come as news breaks.

uY0DzgN.jpg

Morning Edition, 6 August 2020

NEW FRIGATE CONTRACT AWARDED TO KUAT INDUSTRIES

Xi Char, Haor Chall - The Charrian Ministry of Defence announced this morning that the delayed Type 64 Frigate contract has been awarded to major defence contractor Kuat Industries. Worth at least $2 billion, the contract award is a big win for the family-owned business, although it will still represent only a small fraction of Kuat Industries existing Defence contracts. The news will be disappointing to one of Haor Challs other major defence corporations, Haor Chall Engineering, which had hoped to win the contract with a multi-national bid. Despite there being political interest in making the new frigate procurement a multi-lateral project (either under META or UMATCO auspices) it would appear that domestic interests have won out, with the Kuat bid being focussed purely on design and build within Haor Chall.

It is possible for other parties to appeal the contract award, so legal action could further delay the procurement of the new frigates. Haor Chall Engineering declined to comment when asked by the Daily Standard if they would be perusing legal action, although defence industry insiders told us that any appeal would be unlikely to succeed - on the basis that the long delay in reaching this stage was at least in part due to the MOD making sure the commercial and legal case for the contract award was solid. The big question however is whether it would be possible for such an appeal to reach the META Trade Tribunal, which most experts think would be a game-changer in this kind of public procurement.

The Great Charrian Build Off to return!

The cult favourite series, the Great Charrian Build Off, will be returning to TV screens in September. The TV show, which was axed by public broadcaster CBC late last year, will be shown on rival channel Haor 4. Owned by the Picus Group, Haor 4 has said that the show will be returning "with a bang" and has promised a bigger budget version of the show with a wider range of technical activities and public challenges. In another first for the show, the new series wll be available to stream online for subscribers of the Picus Media video streaming app.

JvBQRZ1.jpg

Last edited:
JOINT FORCES PRESS CENTRE
PREDICE

New Aleman Forces Opened Fire 324 times today. 8 Servicemen were killed, 12 wounded.

Predicean Forces on the contact line were fired upon 324 times on August 7th, this is almost twice as much as on the same date last year. 8 Servicemen from the Predicean Army were killed, 12 Predicean Army Personnel were wounded. No Predicean Armed Forces vehicles were destroyed in today's clashes. New Aleman Forces made no significant gains. No Aircraft were involved, no heavy vehicles were involved. Heavy Artillery of 122mm and above was involved. Predicean Forces responded proportionately. One of the desceased troops has been recommended for the Order of Valour.
No civillian casualties have been confirmed.

Last edited:
PREDICE

New Alemaner Forces opened fire over 1,000 times today. 18 servicemen were killed, 39 were wounded.

New Alemaner forces opened fire over 1,000 times on August 8th. This is at least 8 times as much as on the same date a year ago. 18 Predicean Army Servicemen were killed, 39 were wounded. No Predicean Army Personnel were captured. Among the dead was Lieutenant Colonel Rodolfo Callizoni. 3 Predicean Armed Forces vehicles were destroyed in action. Two Light Utility vehicles and one Medium Infantry Combat Vehicle. New Alemaner Tanks, likely from the 212th Separate Tank Brigade were deployed. Local Command reports 2 New Alemaner tanks knocked out. Heavy artillery of 122mm and above was involved, however no aircraft were involved. A border post was destroyed. Predicean Forces responded proportionally.

Last edited:
PREDICE

Predicean Forces conducted retaliatory strikes across the Contact Line, 21 servicemen were killed, 45 were wounded

Predicean Forces conducted retaliatory strikes on August 9th, for the last two days of heavy New Alemaner attacks. 21 Predicean Servicemen were killed, 45 were wounded. Predicean forces took 8 New Alemaner Prisoners, and destroyed a Communications post. All goals were achieved. 3 Predicean Armed Forces vehicles were destroyed, two Light Utilty vehicles, and one CL-2B "Mavoia". The Predicean Air Force conducted stand-off strikes, and successfully hit their targets. No aircraft were destroyed. Heavy Artillery of 122mm and above was used. New Alemaner Rocket Artillery caused marginal damage to a Predicean Border post in retaliation to the raid.

Last edited:
kVgD0iW.png

End of the struggle
by Lisa Klebs
8 August 2020

FNZXpA1.jpg

1972 Enneville bombings, the start of the insurgency
After weeks of secret meetings with government and military officials, the BRA (Braslenische Republikanische Armee/Braslenian Republican Army) declared today the immediate cessation of its armed activities.

Generalmajor Rudolf Wexner held a joint press briefing with important BRA officials where BRA commander Lukas Tillmann announced that the organization would disarm and end its armed activities. Tillmann said that his forces would surrender and give up their weaponry to Zivilarmee and Landwehr forces. The Generalmajor added that the government is working closely with BRA political officials to review and rewrite the Neuhafen Agreement. The general also said that Landwehr troops will be deployed in large numbers to disarm insurgents;

"We are working closely with the BRA to help them disarm and continue their fight peacefully. Tomorrow I'll have a meeting with the governor of Enneheim to deploy provincial Landwehr troops to disarm BRA members and arrest fighters who've been convicted of terrorism. I hope we can work together with the BRA to end the violence in Enneheim. I'm saying this because there have been several rouge splinter groups whom carried out several bombings and terror acts even after the 1st signing of the Neuhafen Agreement. To those groups i say this. You have 2 options: either surrender your arms and convicted comrades or face the full might of the illderian eagle, and the people who choose the 2nd option, there will be no mercy. Neither from the public, nor the military."
- Generalmajor Rudolf Wexner
Kaiserhall, 8 August 2020

Tillmann's backup option is highly unlikely since the BRA's political department is going to be disbanded, thus the BRA transforming into or merging with a political party (e.g. Braslenische Volksfront/Braslenian Popular Front) will not be possible.

Last edited:
c6VZDMn.png

LOCAL / NEWS
Princess Shi, Long negotiates compromise pact with USSI on the future of Zhen, face protests

Julia Wong
Source: SID | 2012-03-12 15:30:14

SIxkbBd.png

Premier Li appoints the Zhenmen representative for the Inter-Zhen Liaison Office
PHOTO: IBC Iteria

SIHUAN - Princess Shi reached an agreement with Emperor Kaihuang that will end the war as well as benefit both sides. In a surprise turn of events, Kaihuang accepted Foreign Minister Long's proposal of "one Zhen, two countries." The State of Zhenmen will tolerate the existence of the United States of South Iteria, but foreign affairs and exercise of sovereignty over all Zhen will be the responsibility of the Zhenmen government.

"It gives the United States of South Iteria the autonomy it demands and swiftly restores peace in Zhen," Shi said in her speech at yesterday's signing of the declaration. "The democratic government in Sihuan has convinced my fellow countrymen that the only solution to this war must come from peace."

Furthermore, Zhenmen has prohibited and promised to condemn any attempt from any foreign state to pursue a state of belligerency against the USSI. Despite acknowledging the USSI as an illegitimate state, Zhenmen will recognize hostilities against the USSI as hostilities against Zhenmen, and will defend the USSI. Zhenmen also called on countries to restore and maintain current relations with the USSI, in a bid to restore pre-civil war economic conditions.

The USSI, together with Zhenmen, have also pledged to pursue democratic and liberals reform to bring Zhen into the 21st century. USSI Foreign Minister Shuren Chang said, "While we are committed to stability and prosperity, it is our long-term goal to ensure that this stability and prosperity flourishes even greater than it was before the revolution. Thus, the need for a radical solution fitting a radical situation."

However, protests marred the festivities at the official ceremony for the declaration's signing. Online polls suggest that government approval rating has dropped to 20% from the average 40% in the previous polls. Political experts have widely condemned the government for its decision, blaming Princess Shi for steering them.

"I believe the Princess should've stayed out of the negotiating table," said 71 year-old Xiuying Ren, political science professor at Natan III University. "Regardless of her blood relationship with Meng (Kaihuang), it is not her place in the new constitution. The monarchy interfered. She has acted unconstitutionally."

FHL member Guiying Lin announced she is planning to petition the Supreme Court to investigate and ascertain whether the government has misled Princess Shi to commit unconstitutional acts in the negotiations.

Lin said, "It is important in our new democratic system that we defend its integrity. We have waited long and fought hard to come this far. The government must not undermine the people's voice by entertaining policies of great national importance behind closed doors. The future of the homeland is at stake here."

Hundreds joined other FHL members gathered outside the Old Sihuan Radhass. They question the government's actions in order to achieve the declaration, accusing them of treason and believes that, as long as Zhen is disunited, the civil war is far from over.

Tomorrow at midnight, in accordance with the declaration, the Armistice Demarcation Line between the mainland frontier of Zhenmen and the USSI will officially become the Zhen Demilitarized Zone.

Last edited:
kbSe1DZ.png

Town Accidentally Bans Santonian Football Shirt
by Ketill Oien

Haland- Relations between Prydania and Saintonge have mostly been friendly and pleasant since the end of the Civil War, but the football pitch was different. At least until the 2020 Odinspyl where any lingering bad blood was put to rest. Or so it would seem! The Austurland town of Hafragil- recently in the news for its spot on the 2020 Royal Summer Solstice Tour- has made headlines for temporarily banning a Santonian football jersey by accident.

Armel-Joseph Compere of Saintes was visiting Hafragil with his wife Rósa. Rósa Compere, born Rósa Fjallmann, was a Prydanian refugee to Saintonge during the civil war, having lost her parents in a Syndicalist purge of the town's Laurenist Church in 2004 at the age of fourteen. She met her husband Armel-Joseph working at a Predician pizza joint in Saintes. Rósa was a waitress and Armel the man who delivered the Vin Mariane. A friendly working relationship blossomed into a romantic one, and later a marriage. They had come to Hafragil a few days ago to visit Rósa's aunt and uncle.

The "Illegal" Shirt

Armel-Joseph Compere was detained by local police at 7:56am yesterday morning. He had gone out to grab breakfast from a local coffee shop while his wife was in the shower.
"I figured I would surprise her!" Mr. Compere said to RÚV.
"My Prydansk is passable, and the coffee shop was just down the street from the inn. I figured I could manage."

He got halfway there before local police officers detained him for wearing an "illegal garment."
"I was so confused" Armel-Joseph remarked. "I thought I had misheard. My Prydanask is passable, but not perfect, but no. They clarified and said my shirt was illegal. I asked why."

Why indeed. As it turned out Mr. Compere was wearing the jersey for the Santonian 2nd tier football team En Avant Saintes. The team's logo bears quite a resemblance to the emblem of the Syndicalist Party.

VGst58K.png

En Avant Saintes crest (l) and Syndicalist Party of Prydania emblem (r)
The Syndicalist Party was declared a criminal organization by Royal decree after the end of the Prydanian Civil War. Membership in the party was outlawed, as was displaying the flag, emblem, or any other party paraphernalia. Violators can face anywhere from a x125 fine to a year in jail. The Hafragil police assumed that Armel-Joseph was wearing a Syndicalist Republic soccer jersey, worn by Prydanian national football teams from 2003-2011.

"At first I didn't realize what they were getting at, and then I realized. I tried to explain it was a football team from Saintonge, and the similar symbolism was coincidental. They didn't seem to buy it, and wanted to take me to the station."

Mr. Compere managed to convince the police officers not to detain him as a Santonian citizen and to let him go back to the inn and change shirts...but they still wanted the jersey. The laws banning Syndicalist Party paraphernalia instruct law enforcement to confiscate offending materials.
"It was totally crazy" Mr. Compere said.
"I was just going to get coffee and muffins!"

A Familiar Coincidence

It should go without saying that the En Avant Saintes team and the Syndicalist Party of Prydania are in no way connected beyond both having working class roots in their home nations. That is what led to the similar emblems. Both the Santonian team and the Prydanian political party wanted to emphasize working class identity. The cog and hammer was a natural fit. In fact such a combination of symbols was common for working class "labour" parties, teams, and fraternal organizations the world over up through the 1970s when symbolism began to shift in more modern directions.

Still, En Avant Saintes' logo has been mistaken for the Prydanian Syndicalist emblem before. Many a Prydanian refugee seeking shelter in Saintes has been at least temporarily shocked by the emblem. Rósa Compere was no exception.

"It scared me when I first came to Saintes" she said. "I'm not much of a sports fan but you'd see the shirts or the banners every now and then. It was unnerving since I had to flee my home because of the Syndicalist Party."

It was her future husband Armel-Joseph who clued her in.
"Armel told me it was just a football logo, for a working class team. It wasn't a political movement or anything like that. That made me feel better."

"I never noticed the similarities" Armel-Joseph said.
"You see the news on the Civil War in Prydania, so you see the Syndicalist flag, but that's news. That's politics. Then I put on my jersey, go down to the stadium to support my team, and that's sports. I guess it was just cognitive dissidence. When Rósa said how nervous it made her, well I saw it then. I explained it though."

"That was so long ago" Rósa added.
"As nervous as it made me back then as a newly arrived refugee, it just faded into the background. It was just my boyfriend-and then husband's- favourite team."

Armel-Jospeh claimed he just tossed the shirt into his suitcase, not thinking about it.
"Rósa and I last talked about the logo and the Syndicalist thing when we were dating. It was ten years ago at least. And I'm an awful packer. I toss all my clothes into the suitcase just hours before I need to leave on a trip" he laughs.
"So I just tossed what I had in my closest. And then I just grabbed what I had when I went out to grab breakfast. I didn't even realize it."

Football Jersey: State's Evidence

Armel-Jospeh's wrongly accused football jersey sat in the headquarters of Hafragil police while he explained the situation to his wife.
"She cracked up" he said with a chuckle.

"Only my husband could make wearing a football jersey a crime" Rósa joked.
"I would have said something had I seen it" she added.
"I was in the shower when he got dressed and left."

evmljWg.png

En Avant Saintes jersey (l) and Syndicalist Republic of Prydania national team jersey (r)

The situation was so bizarre. How do you rectify that? It's not the sort of thing the Santonian embassy would usually deal with; a wrongly-detained sports jersey. Ultimately Rósa and Armel-Jospeh had a simple plan. They'd go to the station and show the police En Avant Saintes' website. It was then that this story took one more turn for the memorable.

"I had to call Aunt Njála and tell her that we'd be late. We needed to go to the station first. She asked why. I told her, thinking it was funny."
Aunt Njála didn't think it was funny. The old woman of 71 marched down to the station herself to chew out the officers for harassing her nephew.

"Hafragil is a smallish town. Most people know each other. My Aunt has known the chief of police since he was a little kid. He used to do odd jobs for her around the house in the summers. So she had some choice words" Rósa explained.

"Aunt Njála came through for me" Armel-Jospeh laughed.
"I got my jersey back, but I think I'll keep it in the suitcase for the rest of the trip."

Police Respond

Hafragil Police Chief Lárentíus Dahlberg issued a very honest statement.
"First Tier Santonian football is broadcast here regularly. It's a popular league. Second tier isn't aired here though. My officers had never heard of En Avant Saintes. I had never heard of En Avant Saintes. It was an honest mistake on our part. On behalf of the Hafragil police force I apologize to Mr. and Ms. Compere and express our sincere wish that this misunderstanding doesn't negatively impact the rest of their trip."

Chief Dahlberg was likewise honest when asked about Aunt Njála.
"Njála Fjallmann is a lady you never cross. Trust me. I saw a reckoning when I saw her angrily enter the station."

"It has taught us the need to be better educated on this stuff though. The laws on Syndicalist symbolism are very clear. We can't allow ignorance to muddy the waters" he added.
"It's something we're going to work on."

Last edited:
9UxfONH.png

Press Release from the Mondic government
As the world should already be aware, Regunalia has been attacked by a group known as the “Ten Rings.” Earlier this week, the Ten Rings launched an unprovoked attack on two movie theaters, four shopping malls, and the office of a local magistrate. These attacks brought nothing but pain and suffering to innocent civilians, we condemn these unprovoked, barbaric attacks. In addition, any group or nation that supports these warmongering terrorists will also be condemned and prevented from trading within Mondari and with its allies in the Kian Union along with this, any ships or planes suspected of carrying supplies for the Ten Rings will be intercepted or shot down if they do not heed warnings. Supporting the Ten Rings would embolden other terrorist groups across Eras, this would only serve to harm and potentially destabilize more fragile nations along with causing unnecessary suffering to the people of Eras. We cannot sit idly by while terrorists attack civilians, this could embolden the Ten Rings to attack other nations inside and outside of Kian. We hope that the great nations of Eras do the right thing.
Jackson Campbell
Secretary of Foreign Relations and Trade in the RM

Last edited:
Back