The Phoenix Union

NATION: Syrixian Empire
1. Amendments to the PCR Agreement <YES>
2. Ceretis' Application + Associated State Proposal <YES>
3. Motion for the Invitation of Kalatun, Arrandal, and Sirisea <YES>
4. A Motion for the Replacement of the Current Flag with a Flag Proposed by the Equestrian Commonwealth <NO>
NATION: Kingdom of Esroniet
4. A Motion for the Replacement of the Current Flag with a Flag Proposed by the Equestrian Commonwealth <YES>

NATION: ANDRENNE
4. A Motion for the Replacement of the Current Flag with a Flag Proposed by the Equestrian Commonwealth <YES>

NATION: Xentherida

NATION: Equestrian Commonwealth
4. A Motion for the Replacement of the Current Flag with a Flag Proposed by the Equestrian Commonwealth <ABSTAIN>

NATION:Lorbank
1. Amendments to the PCR Agreement NO
2. Ceretis' Application + Associated State Proposal YES
3. Motion for the Invitation of Kalatun YES
4. Motion for the Invitation of Arrandal and Sirisea NO
5. A Motion for the Replacement of the Current Flag with a Flag Proposed by the Equestrian Commonwealth YES

NATION: Sil Dorsett
1. Amendments to the PCR Agreement <ABSTAIN>

Nation: Kirovia

1. Amendments to the PCR Agreement <ABSTAIN>
3. Motion for the Invitation of Kalatun, Arrandal, and Sirisea <ABSTAIN>
4. A Motion for the Replacement of the Current Flag with a Flag Proposed by the Equestrian Commonwealth <NO>

lKvmynq.png

Voting is now closed.

The votes have been counted, and thus all proposals of the fourth Parliamentary Session of the Phoenix Union are now passed into PU law.

VOTES:

1. Amendments to the PCR Agreement- PASSES (5-1)
2. Ceretis' Application + Associated State Proposal- PASSES (8-0)
3. Motion for the Invitation of Kalatun, Arrandal, and Sirisea- PASSES (6-1)
4. A Motion for the Replacement of the Current Flag with a Flag Proposed by the Equestrian Commonwealth- PASSES (5-2)

With the conclusion of this vote I hereby proclaim the following:

1. The flag proposed by the Equestrian Commonwealth shall be adopted as the Flag of the Phoenix Union.
2. Ceretis is hereby accepted into the Phoenix Union as an Associated State. The category of the Associated State is hereby created.
3. The PCR Agreement is hereby amended to fit the amendment proposed by Ceretis.
4. Kalatun, Arrandal, and Sirisea are hereby invited to the Union.

This session is adjourned.

-HG Imperial Princess Puja, Syrixian Empire

I, Aputsiaq Jeremiassen, President of Kalatun, formally accept the invitation into the Phoenix Union wholeheartedly.

On behalf of the People of Arrandal and her royal majesty Queen Agatha Valteran, we graciously accept the invitation to the Phoenix Union

Letter:
EADbU0x.png

To the Phoenix Parliament,

I write to you this evening not with ill-intentions or greed, but with the pride and representation of Navaronia and her
people. I, instructed by the President and Prime Minister and the peoples of Navaronia have petitioned to enter the Phoenix
Union, an organisation we think we would be enjoyable and satisfactory in. Our history with Syrixia, which is one of the
Phoenix Union's founding and charter members deeply mix in with the Republic of Navaronia. From the union of the Four
Kingdoms which encompassed Navaronia to after the Navaronian Revolution, Syrixia was there in Navaronian History.
We believe that this history has allowed us to adequately request an associate membership status in the Phoenix Union,
bringing the forefront of what Navaronia can give to the The Phoenix Union.

Sincerely, Secretary of Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs Robert Blaire.

kfDHuOI.png

*thanks to "Weever" for this image!

lKvmynq.png

MEMORANDUM FROM THE PHOENIX PARLIAMENT

Secretary Blaire:

I thank you for your kind letter. I would be glad to open an impromptu session of voting to address your request to join the Union as an Associated Membership State, as Navaronia's reason for joining does indeed fit the criteria; since one of its points is having an extensive history with an existing member and/or a Strait nation.

We will notify you as soon as possible with our verdict.

Grand Presiding Officer of the Phoenix Union

lKvmynq.png

A vote has been called to let Navaronia into the Union as an Associated Member State. Please vote in accordance with the voting format below. The vote will end at 3 PM, Eastern Standard Time, on January 17, 2017.

VOTING CODE:

Code:
[b]NATION:[/b] (INSERT NATION NAME HERE)
Let Navaronia into the Union: <YES | NO>

NATION: Syrixia
Let Navaronia into the Union: <YES>

NATION: Esroniet
Let Navaronia into the Union: <YES>

lKvmynq.png

The impromptu vote is now closed.

The votes have been counted, and thus the Republic of Navaronia is accepted into the Union as an Associated Member State (AMS).

Following discussion with RP Mod MacSalterson as well as Andrenne and Navaronia, and following logical points made by RP Mod Lord Lore, (note- this all happened in Discord) the PU will gain a non-voting Observer State status, which is for nations with histories with PU nations. Andrenne will become an observer state. In addition, Navaronia's entry into the Union will be rendered null canon, following consensus by him, myself, and Yera.

Questions? PM me or Yera on Discord.

yvkUSr8.png

Greetings to PU, Scallendovian's National Assembly, has voted joining the Phoenix Union in order to promote peace and international solidarity. Mandy Shammy current deputy minister of foreign affairs of the federation will be representing us.

Thanks.
Sir Alex Samuel.

Sent on behave of the ministry, signed by the president of the federation.

Edited.

lKvmynq.png

By my authority as Grand Presiding Officer, I hereby call to order the fifth session of the Phoenix Parliament.

Members may post their proposals and/or agendae for the meeting and may discuss them. When discussion dies down a member may motion for voting to start.

-HG Princess Puja, Syrixian Empire

The lead MP for Sil Dorsett, Malorie Allen, stands up, anxious to get to work.

"Fellow members of Parliament, The Principality of Sil Dorsett wishes to recognize and begin debate on an application from Scallendovia to join the Union.

"We also, on a more serious note, wish to begin debate on the appropriateness and the content of an official response to the Northwestern Union's recent admission of the Constitutional Monarchy of Nogori, following a bloody civil war there that ended with what the Principality believes to be an unnecessary and shameful extrajudicial execution of the opposition leaders.

"From what we've heard, this execution was not authorized by any judge or court, but was voted on by politicians in the Nogori Parliament, and was performed for all to see. The Principality is disgusted by this behavior and is concerned about the appropriateness of their admission into the Northwestern Union. Given our cooperation with the Northwestern Union, we believe a response from the Phoenix Union as a whole is warranted."

As the Foreign Ministry staff watched the Phoenix Parliament session unfold, they noticed the Sil Dorsettian MP delivering their statement. The Goyanean MoFA staff immediately started typing up a response to send to the Parliament to calm their woes.

4ZBkFDT.png

Honorable Members of the Phoenix Parliament,
The Goyanean MoFA has been brought to the attention of the fact that there is international concern over the extrajudicial killings that occurred in the Nogorian Civil War. Firstly, Nogori has been accepted as a "trial member". According to the NWU Charter, this is a halfway-like status between full member and non-member. Nogori is in this type of membership because he had one abstention on his vote, and that was of the Goyanean delegation. Nogori has until the 26th of February as a trial member, until he receives a second vote to confirm or deny his membership. Now, on with the issue regarding extrajudicial killings. The Goyanean delegation abstained because they wished to conduct a further investigation on serious events during the Nogorian Civil War. The GNP Investigative Services Office (GNP IS) is working their hardest to produce conclusive results on the issue. We ask for your patience while we produce conclusive evidence of the events. Once we have received them, we ask to send a member of the GNP IS Office and a diplomat to present evidence before the Phoenix Parliament. We hope we have been able to calm some of your fears with this letter. We hope to speak with this honorable house in the future.

Sincerely,
Ken Lorge
Minister of Foreign Affairs

'On behalf of the Kingdom of Arrandal, and Her Majesty Queen Agatha Valteren, I would like to make a proposal for a joint naval station for the Phoenix Union,' Spoke Ivannaka Beckencroft, the representative for the kingdom.

'Our own navy is currently not large enough or well enough equipped to defend our shores. We fear that it will be decades before we will reach the level of strength and preparedness to make it possible to defend our...short strand of coast. As such we propose a joint naval base to be located just north of the city of Mysthaven which will serve as a repair and refueling station, as well as a staging point, for all members of the PU in exchange for patrol and trafficking of our waters.

'We realize that our waters are not part of the Phoenix Strait, and may be outside of the area of operations for the majority of our fellow members, but we do believe the benefits of having a joint base located on the Northeastern Sea will be beneficial to us all.'

"The Equestrian Commonwealth would like to state their support for the joint Naval station proposition by Arrandal. We would be happy to provide resources from our flourishing Navy.

"Also, it will allow stronger and faster Naval responses to all parts of the region. We believe this addition would be beneficial to everybody."

"Before we begin our vote, since no further proposals have been lodged," Puja noted, "I would like to quickly add in one more. As you all may know, the Kingdom of Cimmerien has declared war on the nation of Cogoria, which has prompted a Coalition against Cimmerien's aggression in Cogoria to be founded. I wish to motion for the Union to discuss and create an official response."

lKvmynq.png

The formal discussion phase of this session has now ended. Below may be found the voting codes. All resolutions require a 2/3 majority to pass.

VOTING CODE:

Code:
[b]NATION:[/b] (INSERT NATION NAME HERE)
1. Arrandal Joint Naval Base Proposal <YES | NO>
2. Acceptance of Scallendovia into the Union <YES | NO>
3. A Motion to Write an Official PU Response to Nogori's NWU Admission <YES | NO>
4. A Motion to Write an Official PU Response to the Situation in Cogoria, Especially Concerning Cimmerien <YES | NO>

NATION: the Syrixian Empire
1. Arrandal Joint Naval Base Proposal <YES>
2. Acceptance of Scallendovia into the Union <YES>
3. A Motion to Write an Official PU Response to Nogori's NWU Admission <NO>
4. A Motion to Write an Official PU Response to the Situation in Cogoria, Especially Concerning Cimmerien <YES>
NATION: Esroniet
4. A Motion to Write an Official PU Response to the Situation in Cogoria, Especially Concerning Cimmerien <NO>

NATION: Sil Dorsett
3. A Motion to Write an Official PU Response to Nogori's NWU Admission <ABSTAIN>
4. A Motion to Write an Official PU Response to the Situation in Cogoria, Especially Concerning Cimmerien <NO>

NATION: KINGDOM REPUBLIC of CERETIS
3. A Motion to Write an Official PU Response to Nogori's NWU Admission <YES>

NATION: Arrandal
4. A Motion to Write an Official PU Response to the Situation in Cogoria, Especially Concerning Cimmerien <YES>

lKvmynq.png

Voting is now closed.

The votes have been counted, and thus Proposals 1 and 2 of the fifth Parliamentary Session of the Phoenix Union are now passed into PU law.

VOTES:

1. Arrandal Joint Naval Base Proposal- PASSES (5-0)
2. Acceptance of Scallendovia into the Union- PASSES (5-0)
3. A Motion to Write an Official PU Response to Nogori's NWU Admission- FAILS (1-3)
4. A Motion to Write an Official PU Response to the Situation in Cogoria, Especially Concerning Cimmerien- FAILS (2-3)

This session is adjourned.

yvkUSr8.png
The Federation Of Scallendovia, thanks all members of the PU, especially those who voted for us.

And will also thanks HG Imperial Princess Puja, Syrixian Empire

President
Lord Emmanuel.

lKvmynq.png

URGENT MEMORANDUM FROM THE GRAND PRESIDING OFFICER
ADDRESSED TO PHOENIX MPS AND PU MEMBER NATION LEADERS; EXCEPTING THOSE OF SCALLENDOVIA
TOP SECRET

My Friends and Colleagues:

It is with shock and horrification that I come to you now to announce the cooperation between the Federation of Scallendovia, a PU member state, and the Kingdom of Cimmerien, a widely condemned nation responsible for an attack in Cogoria. I have found this out just as many of you probably have as well: via to an official statement made by the Cimmerien foreign affairs ministry earlier this evening.

I have been directed by my father to call an emergency meeting on the subject in the halls of the Phoenix Parliament. I beseech the leaders of PU member nations as well as the Phoenix Parliament's MPs to either be present via secure video chat or by physical attendance. This meeting is urgent, and must occur as soon as possible. And, of course, the leaders and MPs of Scallendovia will be excluded from these proceedings.

I have taken measures to ensure that this memorandum is sent to all PU nations and PU MPs, excepting Scallendovia and its own MPs; thus I urge you all not to worry about security. I would also urge that, during this meeting, the Union vote once more on the previously failed proposal wherein a response would be crafted concerning the Crown Conflict, which Scallendovia is now involved in on the side of Cimmerien.

Please hurry! We must engage in prompt conversation and make effective decisions as a Union as soon as possible.

-Her Grace, Imperial Princess Puja, Syrixian Empire
Grand Presiding Officer of the Phoenix Union

Ivannaka Beckencroft found herself awake and sitting around a conference room in the PU headquarters. She was thankful that she had chosen not to fly home, instead staying at a place acquired for her off grounds by the Arrandalian government. She was reading over a number of reports and statements (most provided by the Syrixian government) and trying to figure out what Scalendovia was trying to d with this action. Was there a hidden agenda, some kind of power play? Or were they just out of their damn minds?

She and the Syrixian princess so far were the only ones here as they awaited for the others to either arrive or connect via video chat. She wondered how this would play out

Back