The Phoenix Union

lKvmynq.png

By my authority as Grand Presiding Officer, I hereby call to order the third session of the Phoenix Parliament.

Members may post their proposals and/or agendae for the meeting. When a significant number are set, I shall create a list of discussions.

-HIH Crown Prince Bhudev, Syrixian Empire

Bhudev stepped up first.

"This has been prepared and discussed for a long time, and I now wish to submit it to Parliament for ratification. As most of you know, we have been in talks with the Northwestern Union to create an inter-union alliance, wherein both Unions will keep their institutions, but will cooperate with each other in this new alliance as a bloc of friendship, interaction, and trust. The Northwestern Union seems, from our talks, very open and excited for this prospect, and I and those in the Union who already knew about the proposed alliance are as well. All that remains to be done is for the Phoenix Union to ratify or put down this agreement. I sincerely hope that, in the name of mutual benefit for all nations in both unions, there is a yes vote today."

"In addition, I also wish to invite the Kingdom of Esroniet to the Union, as they are a nation on the Strait itself and have a deep history with other Strait and Union nations."

Sapphire was next to stand.

"We would like to start off by stating our enthusiasm for Syrixia's proposition. We find that it would be a wonderful way to increase relations with other nations and lowering the chance of international conflict."

"The Equestrian Commonwealth wishes to design a flag to resemble the Phoenix Union as a whole. This way, member nations may have the option of representing their union by flying its flag next to the flag of their nation and/or state/province. We propose this as a way of bonding member nations together and hope that it can bring some more reputation to our great Union"

Bhudev promotly responded. "Syrixia agrees with the Equestrian proposition, and wishes to submit another proposal- a proposal to invite of the nations of Zyvetskistaahn, Sil Dorsett and Rausenburg to the Union, as they are all on the continent known to some nations as Avignia, with the latter being on the Strait itself. Such an invitation will be submitted to the nations in question if the motion is passed."

(EDIT- I found my old iPad, so I made a post. :P )

Sapphire stands back up.

"I would also like to propose an amendment to the Phoenix Constitution. This amendment would extend the term limits of the Grand Presiding Officer from one month to six months. For practicality reasons, a one month term is too short to be able to act productively. At such a rate, many GPOs would not even be able to lead a session. Thank you for your time, and I hope you will consider this proposition."

Prime Minister of Lorbank, Charles Taylor stood up:
"Your Majesty! Ladies and Gentlemen!

The Lorbankian Ministry of Foreign Affairs worked out a conception about the road network within the Phoenix Union.
My country's government would like the transport to be faster than it is at the moment. This target can be solved if we make the border control faster and if we use a numbering system which can refer to the route; where it starts and where it ends.

These numbered roads would consist of the countries' most important roads. For example in Lorbank, main roads start with letter "A" and goes towards the borders.

The most suitbale letter for this road network would be P, because of our names.
The common road network could link major cities within the union. From the North to the South, from the West to the East. For instance, if tourists from Destroedor visit Syrixia by car, they will know to follow road P3 (the number is just an example) and will not get lost and won't be confused by every nations' numbering system.

On the other hand, we don't want to abolish the old numbering system because it won't be benefitial for everyday citizens. For example commuters who know that they have to follow road A5 and they reach to the city will be confused.

At the end of my speech, I would like to highlight that this proposal would serve the Phoenix Union's interest.
I thank you!"

(OOC:it would be good if you added your country's road map)

Syrixia disagrees with this proposal, as we believe that the IFTZ covers the border aspect of this, and that nations should be left to manage their own road networks.

In addition, since no further proposals have been made since the Lorbankian proposal, we motion for a vote on the resolutions proposed. May we have a second?

lKvmynq.png

The formal discussion phase of this session has now ended. Below may be found the voting codes. All resolutions require a 2/3 majority to pass.

VOTING CODE:

Code:
1. A Motion for the Creation of a PU-NWU treaty of friendship <YES | NO>
2. A Motion on a Phoenix Union Road Network <YES | NO>
3. Motion for the Invitation of Esroniet, Zyvetskistaahn, Sil Dorsett and Rausenburg <YES | NO>
4. A Motion for the Creation of a Flag <YES | NO>
5. A Motion to Amend the Grand Presiding Officer's Term Limit <YES | NO>

1. A Motion for the Creation of a PU-NWU treaty of friendship <YES>
2. A Motion on a Phoenix Union Road Network <NO>
3. Motion for the Invitation of Esroniet, Zyvetskistaahn, Sil Dorsett and Rausenburg <YES>
4. A Motion for the Creation of a Flag <YES>
5. A Motion to Amend the Grand Presiding Officer's Term Limit <YES>

3. Motion for the Invitation of Esroniet, Zyvetskistaahn, Sil Dorsett and Rausenburg <YES>

3. A Motion for the Invitation of Esroniet, Zyvetskistaahn, Sil Dorsett and Rausenburg <YES>

In response to 4. the Kaschovian Royal Consular would like to propose the following flag:

YIAgxWN.png

1. A Motion for the Creation of a PU-NWU treaty of friendship <NO>
2. A Motion on a Phoenix Union Road Network <ABSTAIN>
3. A Motion for the Invitation of Esroniet, Zyvetskistaahn, Sil Dorsett and Rausenburg <NO>
5. A Motion to Amend the Grand Presiding Officer's Term Limit <NO>

2. A Motion on a Phoenix Union Road Network <ABSTAIN>
3. A Motion for the Invitation of Esroniet, Zyvetskistaahn, Sil Dorsett and Rausenburg <YES>

1. A Motion for the Creation of a PU-NWU treaty of friendship YES
2. A Motion on a Phoenix Union Road Network NO
3. Motion for the Invitation of Esroniet, Zyvetskistaahn, Sil Dorsett and Rausenburg YES
4. A Motion for the Creation of a Flag YES
5. A Motion to Amend the Grand Presiding Officer's Term Limit NO

lKvmynq.png

Voting is now closed.

The votes have been counted, and thus Proposals 1 and 3 of the second Parliamentary Session of the Phoenix Union are now passed into PU law.

VOTES:

Proposal 1- 1. A Motion for the Creation of a PU-NWU treaty of friendship: 7 Yes, 1 No (PASSES)
Proposal 2- A Motion on a Phoenix Union Road Network: 0 Yes, 6 No (FAILS)
Proposal 3- A Motion for the Invitation of Esroniet, Zyvetskistaahn, Sil Dorsett and Rausenburg: 7 Yes, 1 No (PASSES)
Proposal 4- A Motion for the Creation of a Flag: 8 Yes, 1 No (PASSES)
Proposal 5- A Motion to Amend the Grand Presiding Officer's Term Limit 6 Yes, 2 No (PASSES)

With the conclusion of this vote I hereby proclaim the following:

1. the Alliance of the Northern Unions is hereby FORMED. In the interest of talks with Trillium Accord member nations that are in the Union, this alliance shall not be a full on organization but a simple pact.
2. The flag proposed by Kaschovia shall be adopted as the Flag of the Phoenix Union.

This session is adjourned.

-HIH Crown Prince Bhudev, Syrixian Empire

I thank the Grand Prince of Kirovia for contacting us before we all left. If I may, let us hold an impromptu vote.

Code:
Let Kirovia into the Union: <YES | NO>

Let Kirovia into the Union: <YES>

R7ul559.png

To whom it may concern:

We are happy to inform the Phoenix Union that, as of this message being sent, the Kingdom of Esroniet is now a member.

We accept your gracious invitation to enter your hallowed halls, and in addition, we are happy to declare that the Kingdom shall be entering the International Free Travel Zone and shall assist in the Phoenix Continental Railway project. We do not wish to opt out of any parliamentary resolutions upon our entry.

B4JBlW8.png

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Kingdom of Esroniet

Since no more votes have been submitted, the vote is now closed. Kirovia is admitted to the Union.

The Empire wishes to inform the Union that its chief representative to the Parliament has changed from Imperial Crown Prince Bhudev to Imperial Princess Puja.

Per vote by Strawpoll by the majority of the members, we're going to be moving Parliamentary procedures to the PU discord server so as to increase efficiency. This thread will continue to serve as an information database, as well as a conduit for nations to contact the Union.

Syrixia:
Per vote by Strawpoll by the majority of the members, we're going to be moving Parliamentary procedures to the PU discord server so as to increase efficiency. This thread will continue to serve as an information database, as well as a conduit for nations to contact the Union.
As RP mod, I would request that you not actually do that. Oversight of people's actions is needed and whilst I can't say 'get rid of your private server', I can say 'the actions of the PU-NWU will be heavily scrutinised for metagaming and just general scheming'. These things should be public, which means the #gardens discord channel or your public forum topics.

I'm also seriously concerned at the Minister of Culture taking RP activity off site and thereby sabotaging his own ministry's efforts to support the RP mods and RP community.

St George:
Syrixia:
As RP mod, I would request that you not actually do that. Oversight of people's actions is needed and whilst I can't say 'get rid of your private server', I can say 'the actions of the PU-NWU will be heavily scrutinised for metagaming and just general scheming'. These things should be public, which means the #gardens discord channel or your public forum topics.

I'm also seriously concerned at the Minister of Culture taking RP activity off site and thereby sabotaging his own ministry's efforts to support the RP mods and RP community.
I'd like to note that I agree with this, bringing TNPRP outside of the full purview of the RP Mods is a dangerous thing to do

I agree with MJ as an RP mod myself. As RPers, you should be proud to share what you've written with everyone and especially avoid metagaming, and IC discussion on a private server won't help with that.

I didn't think about it on that end. Never mind, then- I don't want to seem shady. :lol:

lKvmynq.png

By my authority as Grand Presiding Officer, I hereby call to order the fourth session of the Phoenix Parliament.

Members may post their proposals and/or agendae for the meeting and may discuss them. When discussion dies down a member may motion for voting to start.

-HG Princess Puja, Syrixian Empire

"To start off, I wish to propose some motions." the Princess stated. "The Empire wishes to, firstly, invite the nations of Kalatun, Arrandal, and Sirisea to the Union. Secondly, we wish to propose two treaties proposed by the nation of Ceretis for ratification. We wish to hear opinions on the invitation of Kalatun, Arrandal, and Sirisea before going into deeper detail on the Ceretian treaties."

Sapphire spoke next.

"The Equestrian Commonwealth would like to propose their design for the Union Flag, as we could not prepare it in time for the previous session. We also wish to state our support for the invitation of the aforementioned nations."

UnW6VSo.png

[spoiler="The Dorsettian Parliament gives their opinion", a short aside]
aaX2Ml5.png

Your Highness,
On the matter of your proposed Royal Decree to join the Phoenix Union, the Prime Minister, the House of Commons, and the House of Peers give the following opinion:

The Prime Minister affirms the Royal Decree to join the Phoenix Union.
The House of Commons affirms the Royal Decree to join the Phoenix Union, the affirms numbering twenty-eight, the objects numbering six.
The House of Peers objects to the Royal Decree to join the Phoenix Union, unanimously.

dIAy19g.png

"Silly nobles. What I wouldn't give to be rid of them." Claidie thought out loud to herself, as she drafted the reply to the invitation to join the Phoenix Union. Directly asking the prime minister, she then asked, "I could just disband the House of Peers, couldn't I?"

Madeline shook her head in disapproval. "I really wouldn't recommend that, Claidie. But you at least have my support and the support of the Commons on the Phoenix Union decree. Even some of those disloyal republicans from the Populist Party are interested in expanding our international involvement. The peers are just too wrapped up in isolationism and the traditions laid down by your father. Just sign the decree already." the Prime Minister said, affirming the rest of Princess's thoughts.

Claidie gave a nod in agreement and signed her reply. The Principality's international credentials would be further bolstered, whether those stuck-up self-righteous nobles liked it or not.

[/spoiler]
ZBjgwjR.png

To the Grand Presiding Officer and the Parliament of the Phoenix Union,

I, Claidie, Princess of Sil Dorsett, have received your invitation, and hearing the support the Prime Minister and the House of Commons, but also hearing the objection of the House of Peers, I have decided by Royal Decree that The Principality of Sil Dorsett shall accept the invitation to join the Phoenix Union.

Due to our distance from the main body of the Phoenix Union, and the non-aligned nations between us, the Principality shall request to be allowed to opt-out of the resolutions for the Continental Railway Line and the Internal Free Travel Zone.

I am assigning Malorie Allen to be the lead parliamentary representative for the Principality. The remainder of our delegation will be selected and readied for the next session.

Upon the signatories list, please indicate our signature as follows:

Her Royal Highness CLAIDIE DORSETT, and her designated lead parliamentary representative MALORIE ALLEN; on behalf of the Principality of SIL DORSETT

Sincerely,

KifCOE9.png

Puja proceeded to take out a stack of notes and a small group of papers, stating: "Here are the treaties and amendments proposed by Ceretis. The Empire has read through all of them and agrees with their points. I now submit them to Parliament for review and discussion."

PHOENIX UNION ASSOCIATED STATE APPLICATION

The Kingdom Republic of Ceretis seeking closer ties with its neighboring nations proposes a limited associate membership with the Phoenix Union with participation in the Phoenix Union's Internal Free Travel Zone (IFTZ), Phoenix Union Economic Area (PUEA), Phoenix Union Airline (PUA), and potential participation in the Phoenix Continental Railroad (PCR) Resolution pending clarification.

Participation in the PUEA agreement grants KRC access to the PU's internal market. This will allow free movement of goods with freedom from punitive customs fees and facilitating rapid inter-union trade.

The IFTZ agreement grants inter-union free movement of people except for reasons of security allowing otherwise freedom of movement for workers and tourism between the KRC and the PU, and that the KRC is a part of the IFTZ Area.
NOTE: KRC law applies to those seeking employment within the KRC including the zero social welfare mandate.
NOTE: A method of identifying PU citizens is required for entry to prevent unauthorized entry by non-union citizens or refugees seeking to enter the KRC through the IFTZ agreement. Citizens remaining in the KRC for extended periods are subject to Ceretian tax, income, and legal regulations. Those that can not adequately explain income irregularities are subject to investigation by the KRC Department of Justice, potential deportation, and possible temporary or permanent entry prohibition superseding the IFTZ agreement.

Participation and acceptance of the PUA within the KRC is accepted and welcome so long as travel by PUA is not subsidized except for PU official business. Member states own airlines shall be allowed to operate in the same areas and without any special preferences given to Phoenix Airlines save for PU official business.

At this time we would be interested in sending representatives to the Phoenix Union Parliament to act as participants, observers, and liaisons representing the interests of the Kingdom Republic.

The Ceretian government has to approve all new legislation which has 'significant new obligations,' and until that time any and any and all new 'significant obligations' are considered non binding upon the Kingdom Republic.

Associated Membership States (AMS) Notes:
AMS are only subject to the laws and mandates accepted at their point of entry into the PU and those in which they further agree to participate.

Additionally resolutions, regulations, mandates, and adjustments of existing agreements representing a 'significant obligation' or change to the original version are to be approved by the
AMS's government or a negotiated form is to be approved before taking effect and until that time alterations are considered non binding.

PU international laws, resolutions, regulations, mandates or other similar binding elements shall only be binding on an AMS as it relates to the PU inter-union relationship and aspects in which the AMS is participating according to their membership agreement.

Any laws, resolutions, regulations, mandates, or similar that are in conflict with the AMS's core principles, constitution / code of laws are considered not-in-force for that AMS until an acceptable resolution / agreement can be formulated.

A cap on total obligations for PU membership per year shall be established to prevent unlimited obligations. The AMS contributions may exceed this total if they present a significant financial burden on the Union, or by agreement seek to contribute above this amount for special purposes, emergency assistance, armed conflict, or other reasons.
PHOENIX UNION RAILWAY ALLIANCE -/- PHOENIX UNION RAILWAY BOARD

Participating nations must comply with the following key deployments minimum requirements through private, public or combined means (Parts 1A-5A):
1A) Deploy railroad allowing passage through their nation to other member states.
1B) Standardization of rail components such as rail gauge width, platform to railcar access, emergency equipment, maintenance levels, etc.
1C) Standardization of rail communication frequency ranges, voice procedure, code-share, dispatching systems, railway signaling, etc
1D) Maintenance and operation of rail networks within each member state are to be handled by the member state or its designated rail authority.
1E) Maintenance is to be kept at or above standardized maintenance levels as agreed upon through the PURB regulations.
1F) Maintenance costs for critical infrastructure (key tunnels, bridges, causeways, etc) undertaken for the purposes of this agreement that would not otherwise have been built and are key to the PURB system may be shared. While sharing maintenance costs the control and operation of that infrastructure piece fall under the authority of the PURB.
2) Provide connection to their capital or its designated transporation hub by this network.
3) Provide rail service within their nation to major cities (Top 10 population cities) or their designated transit centers.
4) Member states shall coordinate their rail services, fee schedules, and code-shares with other participating nations through the Phoenix Union Continental Railway Alliance (PCRA). No member state shall be shown preference over another by the PCRA or PCRB.
5A) Make available use of your nations rail networks by other member states rail corporation(s) under reasonable regulation through your designated regulating agency and charging only fair use and maintenance fees no greater or worse than those that would be charged to railroads within that nation. Coordination shall be organized through the PCRA.
5B) Share funding of major connection infrastructure required to unite member nations. Those nations failing to participate in funding of major connection infrastructure may not use that infrastructure until their nation or private rail entities have paid their nation's share.
6) Encourage construction of intercity and local transportation to rural locations within their nation accessible by the rail network.
7) Encourage allowing investment from other union nation's railroads seeking to expand or improve existing rail infrastructure and offer services to and and within your nation. Per your national rail regulations.
8) The PCR will aim to modernize transportation in the Union by embracing and encouraging newer systems and technologies.
9) The priority of PCR(A/B) will be to ensure that citizens of Union member states can travel freely and easily through the coordinated efforts of member transportation organizations.
10) Any member state unable to undertake the logistics of operation of their own network may designate the PCRB as their national railroad board and will be billed for operational costs accordingly.

The Kingdom of Esroniet motions for a vote, in light of there being no criticism of the proposed resolutions.
Puja nodded to the Esronian delegation. "May we have a second?"

lKvmynq.png

The formal discussion phase of this session has now ended. Below may be found the voting codes. All resolutions require a 2/3 majority to pass.

VOTING CODE:

Code:
[b]NATION:[/b] (INSERT NATION NAME HERE)
1. Amendments to the PCR Agreement <YES | NO>
2. Ceretis' Application + Associated State Proposal <YES | NO>
3. Motion for the Invitation of Kalatun, Arrandal, and Sirisea <YES | NO>
4. A Motion for the Replacement of the Current Flag with a Flag Proposed by the Equestrian Commonwealth <YES | NO>

Back