Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
ydcVliS.png
"We Are The North Pacific"​

Hello everyone, whether you are a legislator, a soldier, a legal expert, a gamer or even some of these. My name is Bootsie, and it is my proud honor today to be officially running for Delegate of The North Pacific. I formally joined the forum in 2013, but it wasn't until later that I decided to get involved in the fun world of TNP politics. These past few terms have been phenomenal in not only building my experience up, but I truly got to see what it meant to be a productive member of the TNP community. So I hope this campaign is not just about me, but about us. A campaign on which I am a representative for our citizenry, not the other way around. I am not running for Delegate to strengthen my political power in NationStates, but rather, to bring diversity and culture to the people who make up the region I truly love.

My experience prior to TNP in NS was quite bland, to put it lightly. I believe I founded in the South Pacific, though I was only there for a few minutes before I was off adventuring. I moved to a region called Alterra and there, I got to experience what a bad leader looked like. The person who held the Delegacy in Alterra was a tyrant, and did not serve the region how I know a Delegate should. Being a resident of Alterra turned me off from NationStates, and I ceased to exist soon after. When I realized that NationStates really could have a lot of potential for me, I decided to refound my main nation, Guslantis. Upon refounding, I got a recruitment message from The North Pacific, which began my real journey in NationStates.

My first political duty was in the Speaker's Office, as a Deputy Speaker under Zyvetskistaahn. I was one of the deputies under him, and I really enjoyed welcoming new nations as I processed them through the citizenship process. Lord Ravenclaw approached me during that term, and I became his Deputy Minister of Culture and Entertainment but only for a short while. Real life caught up to me, and I left TNP for around six months before returning to the NationStates, and moreover, my new home region of TNP. Since the Speaker's Office brought me so much happiness and honestly, gave me something to do, I decided again to become a Deputy Speaker. This term was under Lord Nwahs, and I thought that the term with him as Speaker would be full of potential. Things went south and Nwahs vacated the office, leaving me as Acting Speaker. I was then elected Speaker of the Regional Assembly shortly after. Anyone who was around during that time period could tell you that term was an absolute disaster. Between keeping the Rolls updated, and me wanting to create the Acceptable Words List, I will admit that I was probably one of the worst Speakers to serve my region.

After that, I served one term as Minister of Communications and while I believe I made a lot of progress, I failed to release even one issue of The Northern Lights, making my entire term a waste. In January, I was determined to run for Delegate, but given that I was very low in endorsements at the time and seeing that Myroria and Lord Ravenclaw were preparing to run against each other for the Delegacy, I decided to prepare a campaign for another office I hadn’t previously served in: the Vice Delegate's Office.

During my first term as Vice Delegate, I got my feet wet in the new office, I can say with confidence that the January term as Vice Delegate was a success. The coup of Osiris happened during the end of that term and I was involved as one of the representatives for TNP in the coalition that was created to take back Osiris, mostly since Raven was ill during that time. I made sure to pay very close attention to what was said by the other representatives of the region, and made sure the appropriate parties of our government so that we would keep on par with what our allied regions were doing, and moreover, help liberate the region of Osiris. The experience was stressful, of course, but did prepare me for what could happen in my Delegacy.

During my second term as Vice Delegate, I continued what I did in my first term and worked on increasing the endorsements of our Delegate, the Security Council, and myself. Due to the increase of members from Imgur and the World Assembly Development Program; Lord Ravenclaw reached 1000 endorsements and we currently hold 44 spots of the top 50. That is an incredible thing to boast to our fellow regions, and the world, but with great power, comes great responsibility. With these high endorsement counts we have, we should be helping protect our region, building influence, and making the already almost impossible chance to coup The North Pacific even harder. We have the Security Council, but with average nations having high endorsements, my successor should focus on encouraging these nations to join the forums and become citizens. You don't have to be a member of the Security Council to be helpful in defending our region. Until a few weeks ago, I was serving as the second highest office in The North Pacific and wasn't a Security Councillor. Communication with the citizenry is key, as is communication with the Security Council. I may be leaving this office, but it has definitely prepared me for the bold step I'm taking today.

I want to be Delegate of The North Pacific because I believe that I can be a great and encouraging leader for the region that I've called home for all these years. I've seen the impact that the government of our region makes on our citizens, our residents, and the dignitaries that comes in contact with TNP. I want that impact to be something everyone can be proud of, and I want to personally lead the charge to make TNP a greater region than the one I'm serving today. People always speak of the great era of TNP and think of it in past tense. I want us to push forward knowing that the great era of TNP is not behind us, but in front of us! I want the region's government to be full of activity and enthusiasm, to be full of diversity, but also full of unity. There has never been a region I've visited in the entirety of NationStates that I feel so connected to, and I want this next term to show exactly what makes our region special. I've stated before that the election is not about me, but about the writers that bring life to our RolePlay, the soldiers that are being trained to defend our region, the legislators that are helping prevent loopholes in our law, and those who fit in many of these categories. I want to serve my region better than any Delegate has ever served before, and I know that if I follow these things outlined in my platform, I will attain that goal.

I am Praetor, current Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific. I am so excited to announce today that I am running for Vice Delegate of The North Pacific. I spawned in The North Pacific back in February and joined the forums shortly afterwards. In May, I ran in General Election for Delegate against Lord Ravenclaw where I gained an underwhelming 0 votes. Despite my lack of votes, I was pleased at the response to my campaign. In June, I applied for the position of Minister of Foreign Affairs and Lord Ravenclaw placed a great deal of trust in appointing me to the position. As Minister of Foreign Affairs, I represent the region in every act I make on NationStates, and have been very careful to ensure TNP is represented properly. I have also been very active on the Regional Message Board, and have recruited nations onto the forum and into the Executive Staff.

I am currently ranked 8th in the world for World Assembly Endorsements and 22nd in the region for Influence. I am an active player and endotart regularly. Were I to be elected as Vice Delegate I would work to keeping the Delegate over 1000 endorsements as well as joining them. I'd like the Security Council to all work at increasing their endorsements counts to over 750. TNP already dominates the top 50 in the World. I would like to see the top 30 all be from TNP. I will ensure that if I am elected Vice Delegate that all citizenship applicants will be processed within three days.

The North Pacific has the most influence on proposals in the World Assembly, which means our vote can either make or break proposals. This kind of power cannot sit on one person, but rather, should be more democratic in nature. The votes casted by the Delegate, represent each WA nation that endorses them, so it only makes sense the Delegate should vote where the majority votes. Now, I can't guarantee there won't be exceptions to this rule, such as when it could have an adverse impact on our Foreign Affairs, but for the most part, my vote as Delegate will reflect the the vote on the offsite forum by WA nations in TNP or those in the NPA on an official mission.

I will retain most of the Ministries that were used during last term, there are two that I would like to merge together. These Ministries are the Ministry of Communications and the Ministry of Gameside Affairs, which both have been short of their potential this term, and share characteristics of a Ministry I've been brainstorming. From the joining of these two Ministries, the Ministry of Information is born, and will be a crucial element in communicating within the borders of The North Pacific. The Information Ministry will be charged with updating our World Factbook Entry and News Box with government updates, and update the Regional Assembly of actions that the government will take or is taking. This ensures government transparency, and keeps both offsite and onsite members involved in the government. This new Ministry will be closely working with other Ministries to release public updates each month through The Northern Light Public Release dispatch service. They are also charged with updating the FAQs and posting on the Regional Message Board to update the nations that way as well, if needed.

The Northern Lights was once a very successful newspaper for the region, and helped inform our embassies and entertained our citizens. This goal, however, has not been reached in months. That is why I'm changing the way we do The Northern Lights from now on. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will take control of TNL, and be charged with publishing and distributing it every month. After all, our ambassadors are the ones charged with distributing it, so there should be a part of Foreign Affairs that takes care of TNL, Foreign Affairs has a large enough staff that they can. We released an update with the help of Eluvatar, Praetor and other FA staff, so it can be done. Each month a TNL is not released, an official update shall be posted in its place. Therefore, never again shall TNP receive a notice of inactivity, as major updates should be communicated every month of this term, at least.

On the topic of Foreign Affairs, while I've been impressed with the progress Minister Praetor has done this term, we obviously have some ways to go. I want to see ambassador reports from each region more frequently, just because it is hard to keep track of each of the regions we have embassies. These reports will include anything that the ambassador thinks that the Foreign Affairs Ministry, Minister, or Delegate needs to know for the report period. I also want to get some more ambassador training set in place, mostly to cover the diplomatic protocol and make sure we aren't sending ambassadors just to fill our diplomatic roster.

The Ministry of Home Affairs will be charged with mentoring and recruiting, as it previously had been. I don't believe the one-on-one mentoring worked, but I'm definitely in favor of using the Help Desk in the Docks, the introduction threads, and the RMB as ways to encourage and help nations/members learn about The North Pacific. In the past, we used to have a whole group of people just greeting and assisting members out when they introduced themselves onto our forum, but as of late, this just has fallen through. Plembobria has done a great job getting members onto the forum, but it is all about making sure we can keep them on the forum. At the beginning of the term, at least at a technical standpoint, people would make one post and then not meet activity requirements and become a resident. As a candidate for Delegate, that shocks me! Our region is so awesome, and I want everyone feeling welcome from the moment they first arrive! Praetor has done a great job at using the Regional Message Board as a way to recruit nations to our forums, and I know that if the Ministry of Home Affairs uses all of the resources it can, it can become the active Ministry that it used to be.

Every winter, the NationStates community gets together and holds a World Fair. This one coming up is very special, as it is World Fair V. For this fifth edition of the World Fair, I wanted to bring the entire community to the North Pacific to show off our cool region! I'll definitely be working with the Minister of Culture to prepare a bid when the World Fair is officially announced, and we are going to try as hard as possible to make sure the NS community chooses us! In the event that we are not chosen to host, we are going to make our booth at NSWF awesome and make sure we show off our rich history, but also show we have a ton of excellent spammers (I'm looking at you who are stopping in from your count to one thousand. ;) )

In regards to appointing Ministers, I'm going to be a bit more organized with this. First, I will be opening all executive positions for applications, even if I plan to keep the person currently holding the position. The reasoning behind this is that you never know who will want to apply, especially when members of our past make their return to NS, and moreover, TNP, all the time! Even those members who haven't left, but are far removed from politics could make a return, and I am definitely open to inviting them back during my term. The applications will last exactly a week, and I will not be accepting any late applications. I will speak with my choices on the evening of the seventh day, and appoint them the following morning on the eighth day. The strictness of the application deadline is because of how short our terms are, and even if reelection is an option, the election usually halts all progress of the government. I want our government hitting the ground running, and I want us active and full of enthusiasm from now until January.

In conclusion, I hope that you'll consider voting for me as your choice for Delegate and Praetor for Vice Delegate. I'm serious about The North Pacific, my campaign, and getting everything done. If I am elected, I do want you to reach out to me and let me know all the cool ideas that you have for this term, and if it is possible, I am totally open to bring an idea to life. I have the experience of serving in many branches of the government, I've been placed in areas of great trust, and have been very serious about providing for the citizens and the region. As an RPer, though, I do know how to have some fun, so not only do I expect this to be an active term, but a fun term! I have been discussing this campaign with many people, and if I had to place my confidence for the next Vice Delegate in the hands of someone, I would pass my endorsement to Praetor. He is a strong choice and even though he is a newer player, I believe he can be trusted to run one of the hardest, if not the hardest position in the entire region. I am willing to answer any questions you may have about my campaign, and you can find me on Discord or comment below if you do have questions! Thank you so much for reading, I do know it was a long one, but I hope it helped prove why Bootsie is the right choice for when you vote for Delegate and Praetor for Vice Delegate. Thank you.

wwuCZQV.png

There's a handy little button for you all to use if you would like to support us! Cheers! :tnp:

Sorry, i can't vote this year, i was removed fro the WA somehow

Good policies and, more importantly, pink. You have my support.

Yalkan:
Solid policies. Supporting.
Thanks! I see you have my button, but please do ask any questions.

Lord Ravenclaw:
Just a thousand endorsements? I hit 1100, thank you.

http://imgur.com/660LSOW
I know. :P The phrasing was supposed to mean you reached 1000 and have since surpassed it. My bad.

Cadmus:
The kawaii is strong with this one.
Haha, I wanted to keep every essence of the theme, especially since I have the traditional Japanese cherry blossoms on my logo.

Techislovakia:
I'm sorry but the pink is too much for me :O
I thought about other colors, but with the cherry blossoms, pink fit the best. If that's your only complaint, you should vote for us!

Tego99:
Sorry, i can't vote this year, i was removed fro the WA somehow
You don't have to be in the WA to vote, you just have to be a citizen! So, good news is you can give me your support!

Malphe:
Malphe! Good to see you, and glad to have your support! You've been a ton of help identifying what's happening on the RMB. You even turned yourself in when you messed up. :D

Bootsie:
Malphe:
Malphe! Good to see you, and glad to have your support! You've been a ton of help identifying what's happening on the RMB. You even turned yourself in when you messed up. :D
Thanks! I'm still fairly new to the region, its nice to actually get noticed. Good luck in the election.

Malphe:
Bootsie:
Malphe:
Thanks! I'm still fairly new to the region, its nice to actually get noticed. Good luck in the election.
People like you are the reason I'm running for Delegate. New players have so much potential, and I want this to be as much of your campaign as it is mine.

Tomb:
You have a very thorough and comprehensive platform, Boots. Good luck.
Welcome back Tomb! I hope my Home Affairs policy was up to your level of satisfaction, and I hope you consider voting for us!

Aleura:
Great Policies, great ideas, supporting your candidacy. Let me know anyway I can help/ #ImwithBootsie.
Aww, thanks Aleura! Please don't forget to take a button! Imki spent a lot of time preparing all the cool graphics for this campaign, so it'll look good in your signature!

And definitely, I'll let you know if I need your help!

So far I haven't decide who will take my vote,but good luck and hope for the best for TNP.
Also,I think you could be a good couple with Praetor.:)

OMG OMG two people I love running on a combined ticket! I can't believe this! Best day ever! Best election ever!
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Let me go change my signature... Best campaign button ever!

quak1234:
OMG OMG two people I love running on a combined ticket! I can't believe this! Best day ever! Best election ever!
:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Let me go change my signature... Best campaign button ever!
Quite possibly the best campaign button ever.

If elected delegate/vice-delegate, which of our many and numerous laws are you most excited to break? How flagrant do you intend to be in your criminal activities and abuses of power?

Are you a member of the Oligarchy or the IRCabal?

Are you aware that the lowercase r in your chosen design font looks alarmingly like an n?

Separate answers, if you please.

Since TNP is the greatest power in the NS world, would you consider instituting a TNP Empire, with snazzy uniforms and somethinh that is no moon?

Seems like a strong campaign, I'm sure you and Praetor would make a brilliant partnership. I'm going to wait a while just to see if others declare their candidacy before showing support for a particular candidate.

SillyString:
If elected delegate/vice-delegate, which of our many and numerous laws are you most excited to break? How flagrant do you intend to be in your criminal activities and abuses of power?

Are you aware that the lowercase r in your chosen design font looks alarmingly like an n?

1. All of the laws in the Legal Code, even the ones that don't apply to me! Gotta go down in history, you know.
2. The Oligarchy and IRCabal are members of me, silly.
3. It's not an N, it's the pi symbol because Praetor is irrational sometimes.

Lol, I kid :P

Barbarossistan:
Since TNP is the greatest power in the NS world, would you consider instituting a TNP Empire, with snazzy uniforms and somethinh that is no moon?
What did Lord Vader tell you? Oh dear...0_0

Kasch:
Seems like a strong campaign, I'm sure you and Praetor would make a brilliant partnership. I'm going to wait a while just to see if others declare their candidacy before showing support for a particular candidate.
I understand. I hope to gain your support though.

I'd like to ask Praetor if he is trying to tell us that he has joined the administration team when we weren't looking? If not, how can you promise that citizenship applications will always, 100% of the time be processed within three days?

While it sounds nice on paper, it will not always be possible for the Vice Delegate and Forum Administration to be as prompt as we need them to be.

Generally, why is it better for the Delegate and Vice Delegate to stand together on a ticket than to stand independently of each other? Particularly, why is it better for yourselves to stand and be elected as Delegate and Vice Delegate as a ticket rather than standing independently of each other? (I would prefer separate answers)

Thank you for your answers, Bootsie; hopefully Praetor will answer them soon as well.

I have another question - again, I'd like a response from both candidates.

Why are you running on a ticket?

I'm asking this seriously, and would really like a thoughtful and thorough answer. We elect our Delegate and Vice Delegate separately, and the idea of a ticket only started within the last couple of years - I believe mcm and I pioneered it, IIRC. Ever since then, though, candidates have started pairing themselves off in ways that are not really clear to me (and probably not to most voters). Honestly, I find it a worrying trend.

So. What is it about the other person on your ticket that convinced you to try to tie yourselves together in the minds of the voters? What kind of partnership do you two have that makes your pairing better for the region than your individual election? What concerns do you have about working with one of the other candidates for the delegacy or vice delegacy that you do not have about your running mate? Why should voters vote the ticket at all?

Even though we will be running against each other this election, I can't help but wish the best of luck to two of my favorite people on NS. I hope we can continue to work together no matter the outcome of this election.

Its a very good point, regarding double tickets. I wait for the response.

Even though I am another candidate I think this question should be addressed but has not been brought up yet.

Why are you and your running mate's threads fused into one, and despite the fact and him being online several times throughout the day, why has he not posted in the election thread since this has been posted. For those not willing to go through the logs of Discord, why should anyone believe that Praetor even wants to run for Vice-Delegate?

Lord Lore:
Even though I am another candidate I think this question should be addressed but has not been brought up yet.

Why are you and your running mate's threads fused into one, and despite the fact and him being online several times throughout the day, why has he not posted in the election thread since this has been posted. For those not willing to go through the logs of Discord, why should anyone believe that Praetor even wants to run for Vice-Delegate?
I don't think that him being quiet really means that he doesn't want to be VD, we haven't seen any evidence so far that he wouldn't want to run. He is taking back seat, from what I can see, to Bootise, hence him being quiet wouldn't really be a surprise.

Malphe:
Lord Lore:

I don't think that him being quiet really means that he doesn't want to be VD, we haven't seen any evidence so far that he wouldn't want to run. He is taking back seat, from what I can see, to Bootise, hence him being quiet wouldn't really be a surprise.
Malphe this is not a question to you. This is a question to the Bootsie Campaign and the Praetor Campaign. You are doing a disservice to this entire region by pulling focus away from the question and trying to answer it for them. Let them answer the question.

Lord Lore:
Malphe this is not a question to you. This is a question to the Bootsie Campaign and the Praetor Campaign. You are doing a disservice to this entire region by pulling focus away from the question and trying to answer it for them. Let them answer the question.
Understood, I was simply putting forward my doubts.

Granted I have a made a prediction in your opponent's favor, that doesn't preclude me from possibly supporting you. I am going to wait and see what other candidates declare they're in the running, and possibly the debates before declaring support for any particular candidate. That said, Good luck in your campaign!

Zyvetskistaahn:
Generally, why is it better for the Delegate and Vice Delegate to stand together on a ticket than to stand independently of each other? Particularly, why is it better for yourselves to stand and be elected as Delegate and Vice Delegate as a ticket rather than standing independently of each other? (I would prefer separate answers)

Generally, it can be better for a Delegate and Vice Delegate to stand together because they cooperate well with each other, share common goals for the government (even though the VD is not executive), and both are genuinely committed to serving the region. Of course, there are downsides to having a knit relationship, as the VD could potentially have to break their friendship with the Delegate in the case of a rogue Delegate, but it really does make a unified government. In terms of Praetor and I, I believe that being the outgoing Vice Delegate, I know what he needs to accomplish for this term, and with Praetor's experience in Foreign Affairs, he can assist me in what I would see as my Achilles' heel in politics. Now, if elected Delegate and Praetor is not elected VD, I will work alongside the democratically elected VD, and make sure that they perform to the best of their abilities. I love how Raven has encouraged me these past eight months, and I want that for our government, so that the executive and the security branches can thrive.

SillyString:
Thank you for your answers, Bootsie; hopefully Praetor will answer them soon as well.

I'm asking this seriously, and would really like a thoughtful and thorough answer. We elect our Delegate and Vice Delegate separately, and the idea of a ticket only started within the last couple of years - I believe mcm and I pioneered it, IIRC. Ever since then, though, candidates have started pairing themselves off in ways that are not really clear to me (and probably not to most voters). Honestly, I find it a worrying trend.

So. What is it about the other person on your ticket that convinced you to try to tie yourselves together in the minds of the voters? What kind of partnership do you two have that makes your pairing better for the region than your individual election? What concerns do you have about working with one of the other candidates for the delegacy or vice delegacy that you do not have about your running mate? Why should voters vote the ticket at all?
I remember that, actually. I believe I voted for you. Obviously, like I stated above, it can be worrying how close a Delegate and Vice Delegate are because of that chance that either or both could become rogue, and that in itself is a security risk. However, I don't want you or anyone to think I just chose Praetor because I knew he was running for VD and I thought he was cool. I'm traditionally against a ticket method of voting, but I know that if Praetor is elected, he will serve the region to the best of his ability. He actually began as someone who edited my campaign, but when I knew he was running, I thought I'd ask him if he'd like to run as Vice Delegate with me. I helped select Praetor as Minister of Foreign Affairs with Raven, and I know he has a ton of potential, some of which can be seen in this term. I do not want a Vice Delegate of this region that has no idea what our second highest position even does, or will not take it seriously. The Vice Delegacy is very serious, and the more I've held this seat, the more I've realized how important my position is. I trust Praetor to hold a position like this, and I hope you all will see that you can trust him.

Yeraennus:
Even though we will be running against each other this election, I can't help but wish the best of luck to two of my favorite people on NS. I hope we can continue to work together no matter the outcome of this election.

Break a leg, Yeraennus! (The acting term, I'm not being rude :P )

Lord Lore:

It keep my OCD in check, and provides unity of the campaign. And just to note, I've been online and checking this thread all day, and have only been posting when I can. Praetor (shockingly) has a life outside of NS, and he'll post when he has the time.

Lord Lore:
Malphe:

Woah now, let's not kill each other while I'm away!

Nasania:
Granted I have a made a prediction in your opponent's favor, that doesn't preclude me from possibly supporting you. I am going to wait and see what other candidates declare they're in the running, and possibly the debates before declaring support for any particular candidate. That said, Good luck in your campaign!

Thanks! I am taking the prediction with a grain of salt because of how many variables can't be easily predicted. I do hope you actually support me, and thank you for commenting!

Bootsie:
Lord Lore:
Malphe:

Woah now, let's not kill each other while I'm away!
Welp, I'll do what I can to keep that stuff off the election threads from now on.

Thank you all for your comments. I appreciate them all and it's encouraging to see such enthusiastic responses. :tb2:
SillyString:

I am not excited to break any laws and do not plan on doing do. I would be extremely flagrant in any criminal activities and abuses of power.

I did not know either of those existed, I am saddened that I was not invited to either.

Vote for Pnaeton!
Barbarossistan:
Under our rule we will make TNP great again!
Lord Ravenclaw:
I'd like to ask Praetor if he is trying to tell us that he has joined the administration team when we weren't looking? If not, how can you promise that citizenship applications will always, 100% of the time be processed within three days?

While it sounds nice on paper, it will not always be possible for the Vice Delegate and Forum Administration to be as prompt as we need them to be.
I also joined the Speaker's office while I was at it.

My apologies, I meant that to mean the Vice Delegate part.
Zyvetskistaahn:
SillyString:

Your questions are similar so I'll address them together.

This is a worthwhile question to ask and it was one I did.

First off, I do not have any concerns working with any of the other candidates in any of the positions regardless of who is elected.

I'm running with Bootsie because I've worked extremely well with him. I'm convinced that if we are elected together that will improve the dynamic of our relationship between us than if we were elected separately. Bootsie and I have discussed extensively various aspects of TNP as well as how to improve it. Bootsie has been a tremendous help to me as the Chief of Staff, he's been patient with me and helped me out will all of my questions; something I've seen him do with others as well. He's listened to my ideas and given me constructive feedback on all of them which I really appreciate.

The Vice Delegate and Delegate have separate roles legally. However, should something happen to the Delegate it is the responsibility of the Vice Delegate to assume their duties. Should something happen to Bootsie, the benefit of working with the Executive Government is that while Acting Delegate I would be able to ensure that the region continues to run smoothly.

Voters should vote for the ticket because they know that the Delegate and Vice Delegate will be working together on what their platform. Two heads are said to be better than one. :)

I don't believe that there would be any significant issues should any of the other candidates (to any position) be elected. I personally believe them to all be trustworthy. I would have no issues working with any of them in whatever capacity it takes.

Great question(s), I hope I've answered it. :)
Yeraennus:
I wish you well as well in this election. I hope we can work together in the future regardless of the capacity it takes.
Lord Lore:

We have only one thread because that is what we chose to do. We're running together and we support each other. From my perspective it makes sense, we both have a good idea of what we want to be accomplished and we know the other one does as well.

I didn't post immediately after the thread was posted because I did not deem it necessary. I don't think anyone would believe that Bootsie would have made this thread without me. :P

As to why I am on Discord but not the forums; I answered this question to you on Discord when I saw it but for everyone else I'll include it. I was confined to mobile during the day, I did check the forums (though not logged on). I want to put thought into all of these questions/comments and don't want it to be rushed. Mobile isn't conducive to such. I check on Discord for any matters that would require my immediate attention.

Why should anyone believe that I want to run for Vice Delegate? Well, I said that I will run. I would hope that is belief enough. :)
Malphe:
Lord Lore:

I wouldn't exactly say that I am taking back seat but I am neither taking the driver seat. :P

Hope I've suitably answered everyone's questions! If you have any please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you very much for your answers. :)

Praetor, what will be your approach to security checking new citizens if you are elected? What criteria will you use to gauge an applicant's risk level, how much do you expect to consult the SC (every applicant? only some? how will you decide?), and are there any previous examples of security check decisions that you disagree with?

Also, how exactly do you plan to flagrantly abuse your power while breaking zero laws? Asking, um, for a friend. :ph43r:

Oh yes, a critically important area for the incoming Delegate and Vice Delegate:

Bootsie, what will be your approach in the event TNP and the NS World are struck by a virulent (yet curable!) epidemic? How would a Bootsie Administration respond, what existing infrastructure would you make use of, and what new infrastructure would be required? To whom would you subcontract the labor for regional preparations?
'
Praetor, if you were Vice Delegate during such an outbreak, what do you envision as your role in addressing it? Additionally, how do you believe it should be addressed (namely, curing the affected citizens, doing nothing, or murdering them mercilessly), and how will you handle it if the person elected Delegate has a different opinion?

What areas of The North Pacific do you believe require the most work/improvement and how do you plan on improving them?

Question for both of you.

What would you say is your most difficult time in TNP? How'd you overcome it?

SillyString:
Thank you very much for your answers. :)

Praetor, what will be your approach to security checking new citizens if you are elected? What criteria will you use to gauge an applicant's risk level, how much do you expect to consult the SC (every applicant? only some? how will you decide?), and are there any previous examples of security check decisions that you disagree with?

Also, how exactly do you plan to flagrantly abuse your power while breaking zero laws? Asking, um, for a friend. :ph43r:
(I've discussed this with Asta on Discord but for anyone else am including it here and elaborating on it)

First, I am not a member of the Security Council, I do know several of them and would listen to their advice first and foremost.

However, from what I've observed, the vast majority of citizenship applicants are new players to the game or have not done much history and I would conduct a simple investigation on that nation. I would check precedent but I anticipate that the Security Council would need to be consulted rarely. I would choose to consult the SC whenever I believe that the individual could potentially present a security risk.

I haven't seen any examples of security checks where I would have given a different answer--this is most likely due to not being here that long.

If possible (going through appropriate intermediaries) I intend to make a thread on GP, one in the Court, edit the WFE, the Newsbox, send out a regional telegram, write a dispatch about it and change my nation type to The Rule Breaker of Praeceps. I'm confident that our Attorney General won't notice it. :P
SillyString:
Oh yes, a critically important area for the incoming Delegate and Vice Delegate:

Bootsie, what will be your approach in the event TNP and the NS World are struck by a virulent (yet curable!) epidemic? How would a Bootsie Administration respond, what existing infrastructure would you make use of, and what new infrastructure would be required? To whom would you subcontract the labor for regional preparations?
'
Praetor, if you were Vice Delegate during such an outbreak, what do you envision as your role in addressing it? Additionally, how do you believe it should be addressed (namely, curing the affected citizens, doing nothing, or murdering them mercilessly), and how will you handle it if the person elected Delegate has a different opinion?
I personally would advocate for a cure.

If the Delegate elected had a different opinion so be it, I would still be able to work with whoever the Delegate is on the plan that the people choose through the poll. I will do whatever is reasonable and within my power to execute the plan chosen.
Kasch:
What areas of The North Pacific do you believe require the most work/improvement and how do you plan on improving them?
I personally believe that Culture could use the most work. Culture is what persuades a lot of people to stay in the region. One aspect that we mentioned was the World Fair which would serve to show off various aspects of TNP. One of my goals is to create mafia games and to have them run regularly. This is something that I hope could be accomplished regardless of who is the Delegate/Minister.

I believe that The Northern Lights could be improved significantly as well. I have a lot of ideas for potential articles/sections for the newspaper that I'd love to be seen implemented.
Yalkan:
Question for both of you.

What would you say is your most difficult time in TNP? How'd you overcome it?
Keeping in mind that I haven't been in TNP for that long--joined around February--I haven't had much time for "difficult time". :shrug:

My only position other than a member of the Executive Staff for various Ministries is Minister of Foreign Affairs. It is best to not speak of what it would be but as to how I addressed it is by conferring with other more experienced individuals that I who explained their reasons. :)

Back