OOC: The Veridian War

Esplandia

Factbook Addict
-
TNP Nation
Esplandia
Discord
esplandia
So I wanted to go a slightly different route with this future tech RP. I wanted to get away from Esplandia or any of my other TNP nations and use another nation I had created.

So it's set in the years 3645-3664 and involves the two major factions of the Grand Compact and the Allied Systems. The Compact is imperialistic and capitalistic. Personal freedoms and self determination are big things to them. The Allied Systems are more about the whole. They're borderline fascist with a government controlled economy, and they place greater restrictions on people's lives. They value hard work and cooperation.

I'll try to right up a little about each of the nation's that make up the two factions. In the meantime here is a map of star systems for the two factions at start of the war. Red is the Compact, blue the Allied Systems, and green is neutral or disputed systems.

zJauz6h.jpg
If you are interested in participating in the war feel free to post here in this thread with information about the nation you're RPing as and which faction you'd like to side with.

Kannex:
Space pigeons?
the only reason I haven't completely flipped out at you over your pigeon obsession is because I'd rather not have to read purpletext aimed my way by McM or St. George

I adhere to the conspiracy theory that through the mad use of genetic manipulation, the pigeons of Kannex eventually rose up against their human oppressors, overthrew humankind / society in Kannex and then made it into space in search of the Great Bread.

It's kinda fuckin obnoxious, Kannex. You're basically making fun of someone's actual work by plastering it with shitty winged rats.

To me, at least, it feels like he's making fun of your RP idea, which is something I pretty much always absolutely despise. If he isn't, it's pretty absurd anyway.

However, it is your RP, and if you want to keep it in, you can keep it in.

Yeraennus:
To me, at least, it feels like he's making fun of your RP idea, which is something I pretty much always absolutely despise. If he isn't, it's pretty absurd anyway.

However, it is your RP, and if you want to keep it in, you can keep it in.
Eh, it is somewhat annoying, but I have no qualms in allowing it unless it actually becomes really annoying.

Externalization:
Nebula:
you should see what he did in the Bar
Last post before I kick myself out of this OOC

What's the bar?
O_O

um

the bar is located in Games & Arts, in the Out of Character subforum

let's get back to legitimate discussion before the purpletext comes down

Kannex I'm okay with space pigeons, so go ahead. And anyone else who's interested can join. I'd like to hear a bit about the nation's who want to join.

Ps. Sorry for the long wait for a reply. Had a hectic weekend.

if you don't mind I'd like to throw the Armed Rupublic of Cogoria (ARC) into the mix :) Communist nation, not as technilogically advanced as most nations. Cogoria makes up for it however with a massive industrial production output, and a large army of fanatical conscripts and elite Revolutionary Guard Brigades (RGB). This means that they deploy massive armies and fleets, as a great man once said "Quantity has a quality of it's own" The fleet makes use of a large Nuclear arsenal, fired in salvos for anti ship combat, the fighter wings supplement this with short range nukes fired at near suicidal distances at capitol ships. The infanty deploy in vast numbers, equipped with basic powered armour (Like the Jacket Armour from Edge of Tomorrow), overwhelming even the best equipped enemies with sheer numbers. This does not mean that the commanders are stupid and merely rely on human wave tactics, the commanders are all veterans, with eversoldier in the current army having worked their way up from private. Alongside the regular troops there are the RGBs, these are the elite shock troops of the ARC. Outfitted with the best powered armour that the nation can produce it is about one generation behind it's contemporaries, well trained and well equipped, they are a force to be reckoned with.

Put them in any of the alliance you want and I don't mind which system they're located in :) I basing them off of a FT nation that I use in pen and paper roleplay. They ain't a huge nation compared to any of the superpowers but it would be a mistake to under estimate them.

Esplandia:
Kannex I'm okay with space pigeons, so go ahead. And anyone else who's interested can join. I'd like to hear a bit about the nation's who want to join.

Well with the nation I have mentioned early the Anhur Hegemony. Its a Confederation of the Anhuran People, who have recently (almost always recently) consolidated their hold on their home system. Which includes 6 Major Planets including two Binary Dwarfs Andus and Dalvena which act as the Homeworlds of the people.

Andus being the Primary planet in which the Anhur people evolved on with Dalvena being colonized relatively early in their history due to proximity and habitability. Though the overall population of the System being relatively light at 6.75 Billion due to the size of the habitable planets and the relatively poor resource situation on Andus.

The Hegemony functions off of a very intricate and well balanced Federal System that includes 17 Nation-States on Andus, 15 on Dalvena and 2 on Hovra. Which is Formally headed by an Autarch with a Legislative Council in a major Station built at the Baycenter of Andus and Dalvena.

Yeraennus:
The date given in the OP is 3642. So very FT.
In FT. Date means virtually nothing especially because generally a different calendar system is used. Hell even in RL, 2016 will seem like far into the future. If you track the Byzantine Calander its currently the year 7,525 and depending on which Hindi Calendar you look at its anywhere between 1,220 and 5,120

I would assume this is using the Gregorian calendar, so 3642 would be pretty far into the future. Would Esplandia, the OP, care to enlighten us?

Also, it might be a limited knowledge pool on my part, but I have not once seen a Sci-fi universe (set around earth) that doesn't use some variation of the Gregorian calendar.

We've become fixated on the Gregorian calendar that we're using years as a shorthand for a certain temporal stage of technological advancement. It's easier to give a Gregorian date and let readers fill in the holes as to what the technology would be like, then to give an utterly non-Gregorian-related number and let them guess.

Let's throw away the "F" in "FT" for a moment and set this in 1 AD, except we're aliens and Earth is still a backwaters planet full of barbarian apes. c:

Here's some additional information on the two factions. I've done a little rundown of the nation's that make up the Grand Compact and Allied Systems. As far as overall differences, the compact is capatilist driven and very expansionist, while the allies believe in military might and complex social structures.

Compact
United Sojak Federation: The USF is an imperialistic and capitalist Union of worlds. The dominant species are humanoids known as Ekayneans. They have a large standing army, and while their star fleet has a good number of ships the USF focuses on smaller, heavily armed and Armoured cruisers, with few larger ships.

Sorvaet Union: The Sorvaets are a smaller nation than the USF. The species are called the Jerlambre. The have no standing army, being a diminutive race with limited physical strength. They make up for it by having advanced weaponry, starships, and robotics tech.

Kingdom of Vorg: The Vorg are Ekayneans that split off from the Sojak's centuries ago. They control only five star systems, but are renowned as mercenaries. They have been allies with the USF for two hundred years, though their political ideology differs. The Vorg are not expansionist, focusing on internal harmony and self improvement.

Kingdom of Corral: The Kingdom of Corral controls only three worlds in two systems, but have one of the largest influential impacts on the Compact, dominating the political scene through superb diplomacy and better education. Their weapons and technology has given the compact a technological edge. They are related to the Isulians of Calimund.

Federated Valaithian Union: The FVU is the industrial powerhouse of the Compact. Their ships make up the majority of the compact's fleet. They also control the largest deposits of Veridian mined in the region. They're government is a capitalist society where corporations have significant political sway.

Allies
Tristar Republic: The republic was founded when the three republics of Calamund, Ethidox, and Derkayn United into a single power. They are all Isulians, a branch of humanoids that broke off from the same ancestors as the Sojaks. The Republic believes in unity and rigid social classes. They have a large military and star fleet and dominate the Allies.

Seleocid Collective: The Yashin are long lived species. Though few in number their might comes from the mastery of physics and genetics. Their army is small but they make up for their lack of numbers through well trained and focused special operatives.

Korrev Confederacy: The Korrev are a scavenger species. Their life cycles are little over forty years. They have large numbers but are not as well trained or experienced as the other species in the Allied Systems. Like the Republic, they also have a rigid social caste system, though skilled warriors can move up in status.

Yeraennus:
I would assume this is using the Gregorian calendar, so 3642 would be pretty far into the future. Would Esplandia, the OP, care to enlighten us?

Also, it might be a limited knowledge pool on my part, but I have not once seen a Sci-fi universe (set around earth) that doesn't use some variation of the Gregorian calendar.
For all intents and purposes it is the Gregarion Calender, so it's in the far future.

And if anyone wants to start posting feel free to do so. I'd like people to start picking a side, to make this interesting. Basically the war is being fought for the dominance of this region of space and perhaps your nation's want one side to come out on top for whatever reason.

Lord Lore:
Esplandia:

Well with the nation I have mentioned early the Anhur Hegemony. Its a Confederation of the Anhuran People, who have recently (almost always recently) consolidated their hold on their home system. Which includes 6 Major Planets including two Binary Dwarfs Andus and Dalvena which act as the Homeworlds of the people.

Andus being the Primary planet in which the Anhur people evolved on with Dalvena being colonized relatively early in their history due to proximity and habitability. Though the overall population of the System being relatively light at 6.75 Billion due to the size of the habitable planets and the relatively poor resource situation on Andus.

The Hegemony functions off of a very intricate and well balanced Federal System that includes 17 Nation-States on Andus, 15 on Dalvena and 2 on Hovra. Which is Formally headed by an Autarch with a Legislative Council in a major Station built at the Baycenter of Andus and Dalvena.
Sounds very interesting. As far as my two competing factions which do you think they might back?

Esplandia:
Sounds very interesting. As far as my two competing factions which do you think they might back?
The Autarch and the Civil government would be trying frantically to maintain their isolationist policies but the Military Structure would heavily be lobbying for the Alliance. I've always played it so that Anhur's Military is relatively autonomous and fighting with the Parliament.

Again, what KIND of FT is this...?

Are we talking, Star Wars? Star Trek? Babylon 5? What sci fi genre would best represent the tech level? I see ballistic rifles in that one picture.

Bustos:
Again, what KIND of FT is this...?

Are we talking, Star Wars? Star Trek? Babylon 5? What sci fi genre would best represent the tech level? I see ballistic rifles in that one picture.
Starship troopers probably

Is there still a fleet at Dereloc? Cogoria's fleet is a bit outdated so would rather not throw them into the Selkiev offensive, might have them swarm Dereloc though.

hmm, i know this is a bit of a grave dig, but could i introduce my FT nation? The nation is the Carboa Defence Alliance, or CDA, they are a relatively isolationist group, and are based of of the GDI from command and conquer, so you can look at them for the type of tech they have.

primeboy1:
hmm, i know this is a bit of a grave dig, but could i introduce my FT nation? The nation is the Carboa Defence Alliance, or CDA, they are a relatively isolationist group, and are based of of the GDI from command and conquer, so you can look at them for the type of tech they have.
Absolutely. Which side wil you be supporting

Esp. I take it the image in the OP is a map of the Solar Systems? If so do you have any perticular area for other people's governments? And is there any broke down version that shows the different member-states of the Compact and Alliance.

The CDA will be officially neutral, but support The Allied Systems in private and through certain, ahem, channels.

Lord Lore:
Esp. I take it the image in the OP is a map of the Solar Systems? If so do you have any perticular area for other people's governments? And is there any broke down version that shows the different member-states of the Compact and Alliance.
Yeah it's solar systems. And you and anyone else participating would be located outside the Compact/Alliance space as the fighting would mostly take place within those systems. I do have a map showing which systems are controlled by which member states. I'll try to upload it from my pc when I get a chance.

How important is Dereloc? Is it a sprawling city planet, jungle desert? like would my fleet be forced to limit it's preliminary bombardment?

Cogoria:
How important is Dereloc? Is it a sprawling city planet, jungle desert? like would my fleet be forced to limit it's preliminary bombardment?
Mostly rural with a couple dozen major cities. Its strategic importance is in the fact that it would make a good staging point for a Compact offensive against the Allies. Dereloc is located in the Yeva system.

hehe, time for some fun, ion cannons, mammoth tanks and walkers, OH MY! :P

I'll be the Qviex, siding with The Grand Compact. We're a Bushidoesque group seeking preeminence over all in one or more 'key' area. We seek dominion through culture, politics/military might, economics, or spirituality; all in the name of the Amat, the great Emperor. Our technology is comprised of sleek Cybernetics / Biomechatronics and engineered organics.

The Qviex can be found exerting or seeking to exert control in numerous systems and cultures in one form or another; presently an undisclosed but large number of systems are firmly under their control. The location of their home system, the realm of the Amat, is known only to the Qviex and their closest allies, and is forbidden for anyone else to visit. Those who discover its location promptly 'disappear' under mysterious circumstances. The home system is rumored to be hidden inside an uncharted nebula.

Back