National Sonacism in Rhuvanland

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
National Sonacism is an idea I've seen all over NationStates. Many nations use it and it's become a sort of overarching NSG bloc. So I figured I'd introduce it to TNP.
NEO Rome Republic- founder of National Sonacism:
(Party Name Pronunciation: NAH-SHUN-UHL SAW-NUH-CYST)
Economy:
-Nationalization of key industries and essential services.
-Designate portion of State-Owned Companies profits in funding social programs and essential services to alleviate tax burden on citizens.
-Lay the framework for conversion to worker run cooperatives and self-employment; In businesses found guilty of the corruption and the exploitation of workers.
-All non-coop companies with over 500 employees must include workers' representatives on their boards.
-All non-coop companies must allow works councils at the local shop floor level.
-Moderate protectionism to defend domestic business and industries.
-Limit maximum allocation of wealth, so it can be used to meet a livable wage for workers.
-Empowerment of Workplace Democracy and Workers' Rights.
-Subsidies for workers cooperatives and small local businesses.
-Highly Progressive Tax.
National Security:
-Establish a nuclear program with which to defend the country.
-Large and powerful army to defend the country at all times.

Social Issues:
-Stand for the legalization of marijuana and other soft recreational drugs.
-Stand for the legalization of Abortion.
-Stand for the legalization of Euthanasia.
-Fight against all forms of racial discrimination.
-Stand for the right of all adults who love each other, regardless of gender, to have the rights to marry one another.
-Secularism.
-Stern laws and sentences against criminals, especially against repeat and capital offenders.

Public Welfare:
-Free healthcare and education.
-Carry out an immediate package of measures to combat poverty.
-Universal Welfare System.
-Government responsibility for needed housing.
-Increase funding for science and scientists to provide good wages and all the necessary research.

Environment:
-Encourage the use of less environmentally damaging resources.
-Ensure the environmental security of the country.
-Promote and fund the development of Nuclear Power.
-The development of an efficient public transport system.

Cultural Issues:
-Creation of a strong nation-state capable of resisting any undesirable foreign influences.
-Encourage citizens to follow the law.
-Oppose all forms of racial discrimination.
-Promote cultural unity among all citizens.
-Promote tolerance of non-criminal cultures and sub-cultures.
-Promote a culture of Pragmatism, Realism, and Patriotism.
-Promote feelings of Patriotism and Pride for the Nation.
-Promote and encourage the development of the arts.

Foreign Policy:
-Protect the country against foreign aggression.
-Maintain a good degree of Economic Nationalism for ensuring self-sufficiency, protecting domestic businesses and employment.
-Seek peaceful cooperation with the international community, on the condition it does not impede national sovereignty.
-Put the well-bring of the country above the interests of foreign organizations.

High taxes just about balance out the increase in government transfers, but government transfers are not the most effective way to increase real GDP. You'll have a massive state sector and a shrinking private sector, which may not end up so well, given bureaucrats and business management don't mix very well. The increase in workers' rights and all-but-certain subsequent higher wages will lead to lower aggregate supply all-around... "Fight against all forms of discrimination" is ambiguous and could threaten your freedom of expression (what? we're not allowed to make fun of furries anymore?).

It's argued that funding your public sector enterprises by such a degree could destroy small businesses. Nationalized companies are basically huge, monopolistic corporations but with special political and legal backing. You'll outcompete and destroy your small businesses.

I'm thinking, there may be a huge outflow of capital and talent if this ideology takes hold. Entrepreneurs would not want to found businesses with so much bureaucracy and unionization in the way, only to be outcompeted by national corporations. Investors may look overseas for more profitable ventures.

The major problem for cultural liberalism is how to inspire patriotism and reverence for a collective national identity while simultaneously respecting and integrating these several immigrant cultures and sub-cultures. I would suggest cultivating a devotion to strong civic values like voting, democracy, and tolerance, as well as to a few common symbols of national pride, like a national language, flag, or national anthem.

Perfect! I was hoping there'd be problems. I think, though, with the way things are in Rhuvanland, the "pitch together" ideology will be key. Many people will probably join national corporations, while large private enterprises will look overseas and establish connections outside of Rhuvanland. The Sonacist Federal Republic of Rhuvanland, aka "Nazo Rhuvanland", will also pursue military expansion into unclaimed land, citing the need to expand Rhuvish power and make it a great nation, as well as to create residences and farmlands.

Obviously, I hope this doesn't sit well with the world. :lol:

image.jpg
image69739.jpg

Hey, guys, since the National Sonacist Party is inevitably taking power, what do you guys think? Do you like it or hate it? Any hints before the communiques come rolling in?

NOTE: I'm open to both condemnations and welcomes for the NSP. Don't hold back.

Well the Sun Wheel itself, like the Swastika, was perfectly innocent til Hitler pulled an upside-down-crucifix move and flipped it over. The Black Sun is pretty much a Nazi Swastika on steroids.

The Wolvesh definitely won't be happy because the Black Sun to them is representative of the Sun King who is basically their idea of absolute evil.

Syrixia:
Hey, guys, since the National Sonacist Party is inevitably taking power, what do you guys think? Do you like it or hate it? Any hints before the communiques come rolling in?

I mean I'd probably just start carpet bombing Rhuvanland for the bants.

Nierr:
Syrixia:

I mean I'd probably just start carpet bombing Rhuvanland for the bants.
Good luck with that. :rofl:

It depends. I can't really foresee Kannexan intervention in Rhuvanland unless the rights of German speakers are infringed upon, Kannexan business interests attacked, or other unlikely conditions. Obviously we do not like an authoritarian far-left, anti-Kannexan group like this. The hypocrisy of being "against all forms of discrimination," yet calling Kannexans "evil"... :lol:

I might have a sliver of more time this weekend to respond, but I doubt it. At any rate Kannex is focusing more on Pelhafor.

NEO Rome Republic- founder of National Sonacism:
(Party Name Pronunciation: NAH-SHUN-UHL SAW-NUH-CYST)
What a weird accent. NAH-SHUN-UHL SOH-NUH-CYST

Color guide:
Ideas we agree with.
ideas that are based on premises which are incorrect.
Ideas that are not entirely contradictory, but still problematic.
Ideas we disagree with.

Economy:
-Nationalization of key industries and essential services. Military, Education, Healthcare, Utilities (Power/Water/Sewage/Waste Disposal/Internet/Public Transportation/National-level Civic Order
-Designate portion of State-Owned Companies profits in funding social programs and essential services to alleviate tax burden on citizens. No. Complicates the bookkeeping

-Lay the framework for conversion to worker run cooperatives and self-employment; In businesses found guilty of the corruption and the exploitation of workers.
-All non-coop companies with over 500 employees must include workers' representatives on their boards.
-All non-coop companies must allow works councils at the local shop floor level. Irrelevant. All private business is already done by syndicate-like family groups; "workers" are the owners. Consultants outside the family work on contract basis, not wages.

-Moderate protectionism to defend domestic business and industries. Yes
-Limit maximum allocation of wealth, Yes so it can be used to meet a livable wage for workers. Not so much; done for its own sake as wealth hoarding and income disparity are seen as a social cancer.
-Empowerment of Workplace Democracy and Workers' Rights. Incomprehensible under our system.
-Subsidies for workers cooperatives and small local businesses. No

-Highly Progressive Tax. Yes

National Security:
-Establish a nuclear program with which to defend the country. "Establish"? That's cute. While some countries may have swords or arrows on their flags, we have an atomic bomb.
-Large and powerful army to defend the country at all times. Not "large", but powerful. Sadakoyama is strictly neutral and non-interventionist, but were are skilled at espionage and information gathering and have an extremely high tech society. For example, in SDKY, a homemade rail gun is considered the baking-soda-and-vinegar-volcano "soft option" in middle school science fairs, and the last winner of the national high school science competition must be kept secured in a hardened government facility and sedated with a steady supply of dosed-up science gophers to keep it from escaping and wreaking global havoc.

And while our active duty, standing army is not large, every single citizen is a reservist, meaning that any invader will quickly find themselves facing a resistance numbering in the millions of highly motivated, fanatical, extremely angry and highly indoctrinated educated people who have received the equivalent of Army basic training before graduating high school. And armed with homemade rail guns, most likely.

We're also not above threatening promising guaranteeing global annihilation for every nations, even those that imagine themselves uninvolved, unless they stop the invaders. And nukes aren't the only arrow in that quiver.

Social Issues:
-Stand for the legalization of marijuana and other soft recreational drugs. Already done
-Stand for the legalization of Abortion. Already done
-Stand for the legalization of Euthanasia. Already done
-Fight against all forms of racial discrimination. Already done
-Stand for the right of all adults who love each other, regardless of gender, orientation, proclivities, quantity, or any other quality to have the rights to marry have whatever kind of relationship they wish with one another. Marriage isn't a part of our culture, but Done.
-Secularism. Already done

-Stern laws and sentences against criminals, especially against repeat and capital offenders. We don't have laws and criminals like you people understand them.

Public Welfare:
-Free healthcare and education. Done

-Carry out an immediate package of measures to combat poverty. Irrelevant
-Universal Welfare System. Irrelevant
-Government responsibility for needed housing. Irrelevant; One's karass provides for all this.

-Increase funding for science and scientists to provide good wages and all the necessary research. "Wages"? Anyway, science is the basis of our whole civilization.

Environment:
-Encourage the use of less environmentally damaging resources. Done
-Ensure the environmental security of the country. Done
-Promote and fund the development of Nuclear Power. Thorium reactors in every village.
-The development of an efficient public transport system. Done

Cultural Issues:
-Creation of a strong nation-state capable of resisting any undesirable foreign influences. Done. Advanced, intensive education is central to our culture.
-Encourage citizens to follow the law. "The Law? The law is a human institution. We keep order by removing the causes of "crime" - poverty, desperation, inequality, etc.- not by trying to control behaviors through guilt and shame and punishment.
-Oppose all forms of racial discrimination. Core part of the curriculum. However, we think most of you outsiders are basically slobbering barbarians; but that's cultural not racial. Scientifically, we don't recognize "race" to exist genetically.
-Promote cultural unity among all citizens. Core part of the curriculum.
-Promote tolerance of non-criminal cultures and sub-cultures. Non-criminal? Core part of the curriculum. Although, as above, outsider cultures are seen as inferior.
-Promote a culture of Pragmatism, Realism, Core part of the curriculum. and Patriotism. Sadakhan don't see a separation between themselves, their government, their culture, or their nation. It is impossible for them not to be "patriotic" Nonetheless, being prideful of such things is also emotional thinking, which is very much considered harmful and unsound.

-Promote feelings of Patriotism and Pride for the Nation. As above; this runs counter to the basis of our culture. To a Sadakhan, this contradicts the parts about "Pragmatism and Realism"; one cannot be pragmatic or honest about one's shortcomings or the iniquities of one's nation or culture if one is prideful.

-Promote and encourage the development of the arts. There was a bit of unpleasantness in the 1970s about this, but the arts are considered a core part of the curriculum nowadays.

Foreign Policy:
-Protect the country against foreign aggression. Yes.
-Maintain a good degree of Economic Nationalism for ensuring self-sufficiency, protecting domestic businesses and employment. They do that on their own; it is easier when it is family. Although, the idea of the "nation" is less important than science.
-Seek peaceful cooperation with the international community, on the condition it does not impede national sovereignty. We are trying. You barbarians aren't making it easy.
-Put the well-bring of the country above the interests of foreign organizations. Yes; if you replace "country" with "science".

I saw your expanded claim on the map. Now you're pushing right up against Tajis, which is a religious and political ally of Esplandia. Could lead to some interesting tensions (I'm still working on its history).

I'm interested to see where this goes.

Esplandia:
I saw your expanded claim on the map. Now you're pushing right up against Tajis, which is a religious and political ally of Esplandia. Could lead to some interesting tensions (I'm still working on its history).

I'm interested to see where this goes.
I created the Rhuvish Sonacist State to fulfill my crazy side which usually clamors for me to invade something when I get bored. I could have Rhuvanland eventually invade Tajis if tensions continue. There'll need to be a casus belli, though.

This will be interesting to watch. I see some similarities in Yeraennus' policies, but I'm not too sure about trusting ya'll yet.

I find the stated goals and your recent actions very hypocritical, you can't both claim that they seek to have peaceful cooperation all the while staring at the neighbors with a knife in one hand a fork in the other. And beyond that specifically trying to expand up to the borders of nations that would would be now ranting and raving about how Rhuvanland is nothing but a brutal imperial force.

The only thing those two things trying to work in parallel would be showing is that the new regime is two faced and duplicitous.

Lord Lore:
The only thing those two things trying to work in parallel would be showing is that the new regime is two faced and duplicitous.
Exactly! :lol: You only now have just gotten that?

If Nebula even tries anything Rhuvanland will quite literally go ape shit on them. ;)

Syrixia:
If Nebula even tries anything Rhuvanland will quite literally go ape shit on them. ;)
And Guslantis will no doubt cut off all trade to and from the ports of Rhuvanland...

Ooh! Ooh! Does this mean I get to recreate the firebombing of Dresden on some poor unsuspecting Rhuvish city?
And someone can be Finland! I vote Syrixia!

Nebula:
Ooh! Ooh! Does this mean I get to recreate the firebombing of Dresden on some poor unsuspecting Rhuvish city?
And someone can be Finland! I vote Syrixia!
Best part is, if Nebula or anyone else attacks first, the Rhuvish will be defending and one of you will be the aggressors. I can use that against you ;)

And yeah, Syrixia is gonna play Finland here. Unless the international community itself is in uproar about Rhuvanland, of course.

...but we will work to insult, thwart, and generally try to tick off the Rhuvish government and get them to start the war first.

And naturally, we'll have our military ready to attack at all times once the Nazos take power.

Nebula:
...but we will work to insult, thwart, and generally try to tick off the Rhuvish government and get them to start the war first.

And naturally, we'll have our military ready to attack at all times once the Nazos take power.
They already have.

What's with the uproar? The Nazos sound very ideologically close to the Nebulans in practice. The expansionism doesn't worry me; even Pelhafor could crush Rhuvanland. And Rhuvanland's suddenly becoming an 'engineering miracle' is more talk than anything.

The Rhuvish are pumping out cars and utilities from their new factories. :D

And remember, National Sonacism also has a right-wing element. The Nazos see the Nebulans as too idealist and, thus, full of it.

Syrixia:

And remember, National Sonacism also has a right-wing element. The Nazos see the Nebulans as too idealist and, thus, full of it.
I assure you, even if the government took over the means of production, automobile plants don't just pop out of nowhere.

What right-wing element? I see a very syndicalist, authoritarian, left-wing regime.

Kannex:
Syrixia:

I assure you, even if the government took over the means of production, automobile plants don't just pop out of nowhere.

What right-wing element? I see a very syndicalist, authoritarian, left-wing regime.
While it pains me to agree with Kannex, he is right, within a few days/weeks/months of a new regime coming to power. You can't just flip a switch and everything turn into rainbows and happiness.

Do you know the producted time it will take to rebuild Syria's economy after the civil war just up to pre-war status? The most loose estimates says a decade. These things are multi-year long term strategies.

The only way you are starting to build so quickly is to go MASSIVELY into external debt and I don't see many governments in the planet lining up throwing loans at them.

And new factories? Do you realize how long it takes to build a factory? About a year if you want the thing to be any sort of efficient or sturdy enough to not randomly collapse.

Syrixia, I've had a stake in Rhuvanland for quite a while, since you gave me control of Rhuvish characters and forces.

That was only because Rhein, your character was in office. She's not now.

Even if she still was, what you're basically doing is sapping off Rhuvanland so Kannex can get more investors because you want your country to be the biggest power in the world.

Syrixia:
That was only because Rhein, your character was in office. She's not now.

Even if she still was, what you're basically doing is sapping off Rhuvanland so Kannex can get more investors because you want your country to be the biggest power in the world.
I distinctly remember you gave me control of Rhuvish characters before Rhein ever came to power. At any rate, the Conservatives in Rhuvanland don't just magically disappear when the Nazos take over. More incentive, actually, to flee the place.

That's not a bad analysis, though I don't see how it's godmod. Perhaps you could tell me how the Nazos plan on combating the attractiveness of investors/entrepreneurs moving to Kannex? Kannex is more politically stable, German-speaking, and is very friendly to business interests compared to Nazo Rhuvanland.

I mean certainly Nierr could be convinced to make trade harder with Rhuvanland in favour of Kannex to further convince them to jump ship if needed.

Hey Nierr, I'm thinking, if we sell all our shares in Rhuvish stocks at the same time, would that trash the Rhuvish economy?

Back