Admin Requests

Nierr:
Following my appointment as Entertainment Minister ( http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8228987&t=7410051 ) I'd like to request the following:

1. A Ministry of Entertainment subforum set up in Delegate's Government forum, with a Entertainment HQ inside it, viewable by the Minister and RP Moderators (along with Cabinet?)
2. Either adding myself to the RP Moderators group or giving me mod permissions over the RP and Entertainment/EntHQ forum.
3. This topic edited to reflect the new ministry (if need be I can whip something up for it :)) http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7198621/1/

edit: though I do not believe it is legally required: an oath has been posted http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8229056&t=7019276
Unless I've missed something (which is entirely possible), you are DOS in NS. So how do you meet requirement #1 for becoming a minister, having a nation in TNP?

Ryccia:
Excuse me, I would like to report a problem:

Im trying to apply for citizenship, but I can't post! Can you change my mask to member or resident? Something that will let me post?(This is the only place I can post so you can verify)

Thank you,
Ryccia
You were masked as army, I've removed that and put in the appropriate mask (they're right next to each other on the list). Now you should be able to apply!

RPI: Nasania and Hobbsburg are NPA and remain so.
Dumont210 was NPA and has been removed

Myroria added as a group leader

Former English Colony:
Nierr:
Following my appointment as Entertainment Minister ( http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8228987&t=7410051 ) I'd like to request the following:

1. A Ministry of Entertainment subforum set up in Delegate's Government forum, with a Entertainment HQ inside it, viewable by the Minister and RP Moderators (along with Cabinet?)
2. Either adding myself to the RP Moderators group or giving me mod permissions over the RP and Entertainment/EntHQ forum.
3. This topic edited to reflect the new ministry (if need be I can whip something up for it :)) http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7198621/1/

edit: though I do not believe it is legally required: an oath has been posted http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8229056&t=7019276
Unless I've missed something (which is entirely possible), you are DOS in NS. So how do you meet requirement #1 for becoming a minister, having a nation in TNP?
That isn't a requirement for becoming a deputy minister.

Edit: To explain, this is Article 7 of the Constitution:
1. Constitutionally-mandated elected officials are the Delegate, Vice Delegate, Speaker, Justices, and Attorney General.
2. Government officials are the constitutionally-mandated elected officials, any officials appointed by them as permitted by law, and members of the Security Council.
3. The executive category consists of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, Attorney General, and government officials appointed by government officials in the executive category.
4. The legislative category consists of the Speaker, and government officials appointed by government officials in the legislative category.
5. The judicial category consists of the Justices, and government officials appointed by government officials in the judicial category .
6. Any temporary replacement for a government official in the case of an absence or vacancy will be considered a government official in the branch of the official being replaced, regardless of the method of their selection.
7. All government officials, with the exception of members of the Security Council, must maintain citizenship while in office.
8. All government officials will swear an oath of office. The content of these oaths will be determined by law and be legally binding.
9. No person may simultaneously serve in more than one constitutionally-mandated elected official positions.
10. No person may simultaneously serve in government official positions in more than one of the executive, legislative, or judicial categories. Exceptions to this provision may be established by law.
11. Candidates in any election must maintain citizenship for the fifteen days before the opening of candidacy declarations and throughout the election.
12. Government bodies may create rules for their own governance subordinate to this constitution and the laws.
13. Procedures to fill vacancies and absences in constitutionally-mandated elected offices may be established by law.
14. No law or government policy may contradict this constitution.

The relevant passages that would apply are 1., 2., and 7. As I was not appointed by a 'constitutionally mandated elected official' and instead 'by an official appointed by them' then I am not a government official under the provisions of the Constitution as it is written at this time.

Syrixia and I need to be added to the Group Leaders of the NPTO. Bootsie should also be removed, as they are no longer Chair.

Hi there.

Would you kindly remove McMasterdonia as a moderator for the Foreign Affairs section and the Diplomatic Corps subforum and archive, Diplomatic Negotiations plus its subforum; if possible please add me in his place for Diplomatic Negotiations and its subforum.

There is also a thread with a further request inside Foreign Affairs, and I'd appreciate your assistance with it. Thank you in advance.

---- Sorry one more thing ----
Can admins please mask these people as foreign dignitaries? Thanks.
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8229933&t=6918216

The TNP nation of Separatist Peoples has been moved to a different region, and they should be remasked from citizen to member...or perhaps foreign dignitary? I seem to recall them being in that group at one point.

The following have not posted in the last thirty days, and should be remasked from citizen to resident: Gulliver, The Maplands, Finnikiro, king s landing, ordosucundia, RexDarthasia, Yeraennus, Antiguatopia, Troublepops, and Yoneld.

The following should be remasked from resident to former resident because their TNP nation has CTE'd: Biyah, CJ Arceo, ColossusKing, Executive Council of Slokobafia, midtkandal, Narwhal King, and Paulopolis_II.

Following my resignation from the NPA, I wish to have my NPA masking removed.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured out how to leave the group myself.

NPTO was already taken care of.

M&M removed as a mod and Lord Ravenclaw added.

COE's request:
ordosucundia does not exist
midtkandal was NPA, I've removed that.

Syrixia, you do need to request it.

Nierr's request for an additional forum and such is still NOT done.

Former English Colony:
For the record, is the admin team discussing whether to do this or is it waiting for clearer guidance from either the government or any other source for how to proceed?

Nierr:
Former English Colony:
For the record, is the admin team discussing whether to do this or is it waiting for clearer guidance from either the government or any other source for how to proceed?
mm... none of the above really. More I was too tired/not enough time. Nor do I have the time right now. I will try to get to it tonight if noone else does.

[me]nods.

Take your time. Thank you for whenever it gets done. :)

Nierr:

Okay, having an issue with masking (unclear)

You have an entertainment forum and an HQ.

Who do you specifically want to be able to see things in each? Post in each? start topics in each? Right now there's no settings on the HQ so you won't be able to see it. The other HQ are (I believe) all set up so that the joinable group mask can post. There is no entertainment mask/joinable group right now.

Can't someone else edit that topic (a governmental official). It seems like something admin should not be mucking around in.

When you say RP forum, do you mean ALL the RP forums? DU and NPTO included?

Former English Colony:
You have an entertainment forum and an HQ.
Thank you.
Who do you specifically want to be able to see things in each? Post in each? start topics in each? Right now there's no settings on the HQ so you won't be able to see it. The other HQ are (I believe) all set up so that the joinable group mask can post. There is no entertainment mask/joinable group right now.
Everyone should be able to see and post in main area. Would a joinable group mask be less work for the admin team than either the Deputy Minister or Minister requesting it for people on a case-by-case basis? If so, then a joinable group would be best (I am conscious to reduce the number of admin requests coming from RP by a lot).

Can't someone else edit that topic (a governmental official). It seems like something admin should not be mucking around in.
Probably. I'll ask around and sort it out.

If possible, yes. That way there is always a constant mod for the NPTO forum whilst they change leaders and suchlike.

Thank you for doing this request.

Admins,

The Democratic Republic of Tomb has been sentenced to suspension of voting rights for three months, ending 1 October.

I believe that is to be enforced by changing Tomb's masking from Citizen to Resident. I'm not sure of this, so it's up to the admins to decide how exactly to enforce the sentence.

I for one, am tired of the whole thing.

plembobria:
Admins,

The Democratic Republic of Tomb has been sentenced to suspension of voting rights for three months, ending 1 October.

I believe that is to be enforced by changing Tomb's masking from Citizen to Resident. I'm not sure of this, so it's up to the admins to decide how exactly to enforce the sentence.

I for one, am tired of the whole thing.
That actually doesn't work, because that would mean he also can't post in citizen only areas. Just.... don't count his votes.

Nierr:
Everyone should be able to see and post in main area. Would a joinable group mask be less work for the admin team than either the Deputy Minister or Minister requesting it for people on a case-by-case basis? If so, then a joinable group would be best (I am conscious to reduce the number of admin requests coming from RP by a lot).
Joinable groups is definitely preferable for long term management. There are some specific settings other HQ have asked for (being able to see other people's topics, who can start topics, etc) that you might want to think about.

Who do you want as a leader of the joinable group besides yourself? All the RP mods? Ministers?

Nierr:
If possible, yes. That way there is always a constant mod for the NPTO forum whilst they change leaders and suchlike.
Okay, you are made an RP mod, because that's much faster than worrying about modding each and every sub forum.

Joinable groups it is, the Minister (Lord Lore) should be a leader of it as well. The settings for the Culture group should suffice.

Thank you for doing this. :)

The description for the Culture joinable group should be changed to "The private group for members of the Culture and Entertainment Ministry."

Also, Lord Lore should be removed from group leadership.

Thanks,

[me]

Just outta curiosity (and probably urgency), I was wondering if I'm supposed to have permission to start topics on the Voting Floor? Thanks!

Good Morning,

Please mask Boy and Alunya as Foreign Dignitaries (Equinox), per this topic. I'd also appreciate it if you could create an embassy for Equinox (I can't find one in the Archives, just a scattering of old topics from them).

Thanks in advance.

Greetings.

Following a consultation run here, could the RP forums be rearranged thusly:

1. Factbooks (renamed from Factbook Gallery)
-> Factbook Stories (this is currently in the drafting plane)
2. National RolePlay
3. Negotiations
->Embassy Exchange
->Democratic Union (with the following subforums: ->DU Voting Chamber and ->DU Laws)
->North Pacific Treaty Organisation (with the following subforums: ->NPTO Assembly and ->NPTO Peacekeeping Forces)
4. Trade and Economics
5. The Lounge (renamed from Drafting Plane)
6. Cartography (renamed from Map)

There will be no more requests from the Ministry of Entertainment of this kind for the foreseeable future, with the exception of asking for subforum removal/archival as subforums for organisations continue to be de-emphasised.

With these changes, the following subforums will need to be merged, removed or archived:
Character RP should be removed/archived
Negotiations should have its contents moved into the main level Diplomacy forum and then be removed. If the admin team would like me to go through and archive old topics within that forum I can do that.
DU Proposals should have its contents moved into the main level Democratic Union forum and then be removed. As above, I can archive old topics from there if needed.
NPTO Executive Offices should be removed and have its contents moved into the main level DU forum.
NPTO Peace Council should be merged into NPTO Peacekeeping Forces and the Voting Chambers within the PC forum should be merged into that as well.

That should be everything and I thank the unfortunate admins who have to fulfil this task. You have my enduring gratitude.

-Nierr

Also, as Deputy Chair of NPTO, I'd like to request a few more specific reorganization-stuffs for NPTO.

I'd like the threads in Executive Offices to be moved to the main subforum, where the main NPTO home thread is. Both Executive Offices as well as the Representatives List and the NPTO Waste Basket should be pinned. I'd also like the Peace Council stuff, all of it, to be moved to NPTO Peacekeeping Forces. The NPTOPF threads and the main Peace Council thread(s?) should be pinned.

Syrixia:
Also, as Deputy Chair of NPTO, I'd like to request a few more specific reorganization-stuffs for NPTO.

I'd like the threads in Executive Offices to be moved to the main subforum, where the main NPTO home thread is. Both Executive Offices as well as the Representatives List and the NPTO Waste Basket should be pinned. I'd also like the Peace Council stuff, all of it, to be moved to NPTO Peacekeeping Forces. The NPTOPF threads and the main Peace Council thread(s?) should be pinned.
Moving and pinning can be done by a mod. This is not an admin request.

Army requests are done (apologies on Gladio!)

Ivo, you've been given the Speaker's Office mask. That should allow you to start votes.

The Foreign stuff has been taken care of. The embassy doesn't have a pretty link/flag or anything right now, but it at least exists.

The RP forum reorganization is also done. I moved character RP to the RP archive 2013 onwards.

Could Bootsie and Darcania be added to the RP mods?

And could Scandigrad be removed? I can forward the relevant PM exchange to an admin if needed.

Thanks.

Bit of a major problem: It appears I now have access to the Private Halls of the Regional Assembly despite not being a Citizen.

Also, more of a minor problem: My badge says I'm a Deputy Minister when I'm only a Roleplay moderator.

Former English Colony:

Ivo, you've been given the Speaker's Office mask. That should allow you to start votes.

The Foreign stuff has been taken care of. The embassy doesn't have a pretty link/flag or anything right now, but it at least exists.

The RP forum reorganization is also done. I moved character RP to the RP archive 2013 onwards.
Meow!!

May the following image be uploaded as the flag of the Equinox embassy, please?!!

http://www.nationstates.net/images/flags/uploads/rflags/equinox__611559.png

equinox__611559.png

>^,,^<
[me]

Alunya:
Former English Colony:

Meow!!

May the following image be uploaded as the flag of the Equinox embassy, please?!!

http://www.nationstates.net/images/flags/uploads/rflags/equinox__611559.png

equinox__611559.png

>^,,^<
Alunya
The appropriate URL would actually be:
http://udl.taijitu.org/images/flags/uploads/rflags/equinox/flag.png

flag.png

Back