Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The North Pacific!
Where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful.

The North Pacific is one of the oldest and most powerful regions in NationStates. We pride ourselves on our strong democracy, openness, and transparency.

The region is affectionately called TNP. TNP is home to over 4,000 nations, called TNPers, and we are always looking for more to join us. We are glad to see you here and hope you decide become a TNPer yourself!

As a new arrival, you may be bewildered with everything that is going on. We understand, and for this reason, we have prepared this quick introduction to TNP. Unpack your bags, make yourself at home, and enjoy your stay :) .

First step: register an account

Please do not register more than one account on the forum. If you are not happy with the account you have created and want to change the name, reach out to an administrator.

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. This means that you can only view some of the forum areas, and you cannot participate in any of them. To be able to join in or even see most of the things we will describe below, you will need to register an account. This is a quick and easy process that you can start by clicking here.

Our Government

The North Pacific is a constitutional democracy. We have a constitution, a bill of rights, and a legal code, which you can read here. Our government has four branches:

The Legislature consists of the Regional Assembly (RA), which votes to enact and amend legislation. Discussions in the RA are moderated by the Speaker, who is elected from among the RA members, and their Deputies. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the RA.

The Executive consists of the Delegate, Vice Delegate, the Cabinet of Ministers, and the Executive Staff. The Delegate and Vice Delegate are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The Ministers are appointed by the Delegate, and each one of them manage their own staff. Together, the Executive runs the day-to-day affairs of the government. Broad areas the Executive is responsible for include home affairs, foreign affairs, World Assembly affairs, communications, culture, and our military. Everyone with a nation in the region can apply to join the Executive Staff and work in one of the Ministries.

The Judiciary consists of a single court, which has two Associate Justices and one Chief Justice. All Justices are elected by the RA, and are accountable to it. The court can authoritatively answer questions of law, void actions of other officials that have been brought for review, and decide criminal cases. Interacting with the Judiciary is the Attorney General, also elected by the RA, who serves as the chief prosecutor in criminal trials and as legal counsel to the Executive.

The Security Council is generally considered as a separate branch. It is a body of members that monitor the region for security purposes. They help protect the in-game delegacy, help with delegacy transitions during elections, and also provide a mechanism of response in the case of an illegal in-game delegate. They are accountable to the RA.

You can find a list of current government officials here.

Ways to Get Involved

The best way to start getting involved is to apply for citizenship. Citizenship allows you to access all forum areas and join the various government and community activities. The application process should be easy and fast, and the only prerequisite is having a nation in the region. Once you are a citizen, you will also be eligible to vote and be a candidate in elections for the various government offices, such as Delegate and Vice Delegate - there is an election roughly every two months.

If the description of the government has enticed you, you should definitely consider contributing in the various branches! As a citizen, you can take part in the Regional Assembly, where you can legislate and scrutinize the government. You can also apply to join the Executive Staff, and get involved in any Ministry that interests you.

If you would like to poke around the forum and interact with our community before deciding to become a citizen, you should register your residency. Once you do so, you will be able to access most of the areas of this forum and join the various other activities. Here is a sample:

You can participate in our Role Play section, where you can write the story of your nation, interact with your neighbours on The North Pacific map, and join the Democratic Union.

You can drop by our World Assembly section, to discuss resolutions at vote, draft your own resolutions, and determine how our WA Delegate represents us in the World Assembly.

If you want to experience and learn about the military gameplay, one of the most exciting aspects of the game, you can enlist in the North Pacific Army and start serving TNP as a proud soldier!

Questions?

If you have more questions, you can check for answers in the The North Pacific FAQs. The Yellow Pages in particular provide a comprehensive guide to the region in a single thread.

If you cannot find the answer to your questions there, or if you are having any trouble with the forum, you can contact our forum administrators and global moderators here.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Applications for the Executive Staff; Join the Executive Staff here!
Topic Started: May 29 2014, 08:12 AM (69,356 Views)
r3naissanc3r
Member Avatar
Royal Penguin

Executive Staff FAQ and Applications
Posted Image
What is the Executive Staff?
Executive Staff is the body of residents and citizens that are employed by one or more of the Ministries of the Executive Government. It is essentially The North Pacific's equivalent of a civil service. The Executive Staff provides a direct path for residents to get involved in the Executive Government. It is ideal both for new residents who want to gain experience in how the government operates, and for experienced citizens who are looking to contribute to the region though the Executive.

What Ministries are there and what do people do in them?
There are currently seven Ministries, of which six employ residents through the Executive Staff: Home Affairs, Foreign Affairs, WA Affairs, Communications, and Culture. The names alone should provide a rough idea of what each Ministry does. In the second part of this post, there are details about the various job opportunities within each Ministry.

How do I join?
Glad to see that you decided to join! Here are the steps you need to follow:

Step 1: Meet the requirements. There are only two and very simple requirements. First, you need to have a nation in [region]The North Pacific[/region]. Second, you need to have an account registered in this forum. And that's all.

Step 2: Make sure to read the second part of this post. There, you will find detailed descriptions of the various jobs available within each Ministry. By consulting those, you can decide which Ministry interests you the most.

Step 3: Fill out an application and post it in this thread. The application is as follows:
Code:

Nation in The North Pacific:
Ministry you are interested in joining:
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government:
You can apply for more than one Ministries by submitting multiple applications. Once you have applied, the Delegate will review your application and inform you of the result, usually within 48 hours.

How do I show off that I am in the Executive Staff?
Excellent question! All members of the Executive Staff get to display the following cool banners in their signatures, depending on which Ministry or Ministries they are a member of. If you are a member of multiple Ministries, you are strongly encouraged to use the small versions of the banners.

Executive Staff banners

Are there other ways to get involved in the Government?
We strongly encourage you to apply for citizenship. This allows you to vote in elections and stand for office. It also allows you to legislate, by taking part in the Regional Assembly. In addition to legislating, this also allows you to vote in elections and stand for office. You can look here for more details.

If you are interested in learning about the exciting aspect of the game that is military gameplay, you can join the North Pacific Army. By becoming a member, you can help protect the region and our interests abroad. You can learn more about it here.

If you are interested in the World Assembly, you can join Ministry of World Assembly Affairs. There, we discuss and vote on all resolutions going to vote, and we also discuss and provide feedback on drafts. You can learn more about it here.

I still have questions!
If you have questions about the Executive Staff in general, feel free to contact Delegate Gladio. If you have questions about a specific Ministry, then do not hesitate to contact the respective Minister---they are listed below next to each Ministry. If you have questions about citizenship or the North Pacific Army, please look here and here, respectively.

Job Opportunities Within Each Ministry

Posted Image
Ministry of Home Affairs - Minister Brendog

Recruiter of nations in The North Pacific: The North Pacific has over 10,000 nations, but only a few dozen of them are active on the forum. One of the functions of the Ministry of Home Affairs is to encourage as many of these nations as possible to join the forum, so that they can enjoy the full experience of The North Pacific. As a Recruiter, you will be expected to maintain a regular presence on the Regional Messaging Board, where you will be posting to promote forum membership and involvement. Furthermore, you will be contacting nations by telegram, to invite them to join the forum and assist them with any issues they may encounter in the process. Good communication skills are required for both of these functions. You will also need to make a considerable time commitment towards watching and participating in the game-side aspects of The North Pacific. Of course, this also means that you get to engage with the entire nation population of The North Pacific, which as you will discover is a very enjoyable experience.

Forum Mentor: Our forum receives more than a dozen new members a week and these members often need help learning about the opportunities and the things to do in The North Pacific. Our mentoring program assigns each of our mentors to a few mentees twice a week. You will get to meet new nations every week and will find it to be a very rewarding experience. Applicants should be long-standing and experienced members of the region or be willing to take on more responsibility than they are normally used to. We have 2 spots available so apply soon if you want to become a part of this program.

Posted Image
Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Minister Pallaith

Ambassador in the Diplomatic Corps: The Ministry of Foreign Affairs maintains a presence for The North Pacific abroad by establishing embassies in other regions. Each embassy is run by its own ambassador, and by joining the Diplomatic Corps you can also become one. As an ambassador, you will be a diplomat representing The North Pacific abroad. You will be expected to deliver any materials provided to you by the Minister of Foreign Affairs and Delegate, and keep an eye out for anything in your assigned region that may be of interest to The North Pacific. Of course, you will need to conduct yourself in a manner appropriate to a diplomat at all times. Being an Ambassador is a great way to get exposure to different regional cultures, meet new people, and make a name for yourself interregionally.

Team Leader, Mentor: An internal role which is appointed by the Minister in communication with the Delegate and Senior Diplomats, these are experienced diplomats and Ambassadors who are ready to move up the ladder and begin passing on their knowledge to newer Diplomats. A demonstrable knowledge of foreign affairs and diplomacy will be essential in order to achieve this position and subject to an interview with senior ministry staff and passing vetting procedures.

Senior Diplomat: This is a senior leadership role within the executive staff that will advise on diplomatic issues, treaty viability, treaty-law and other high-level foreign affair and diplomatic matters. They will set the curriculum for mentoring, will oversee assessments and will advise the government on foreign affairs matters including embassies. This is an internally appointed role subject to application and betting.

Posted Image
Ministry of Communications - Minister Kasch

Staff Writer in The Northern Lights: The Northern Lights is the official newspaper of The North Pacific, and it is a global publication with a focus on events relating to The North Pacific. As a Staff Writer in The Northern Lights, you will be writing articles in specific subject areas, e.g., foreign affairs, judicial news, legislative affairs, and so on. The exact area will be determined after discussion with the Minister of Communications, based on your own interests and on the current staffing needs. You will be expected to submit an article of roughly 400 words at least every month. Your articles should be factual in nature, and include relevant and interesting analysis. You can expect that your articles will be edited by senior Editorial Staff. This is done because your articles will be representing the views of the Government of The North Pacific, and also as a learning experience for newer writers.

Posted Image
Ministry of Culture - Minister Artemis

Event Management: Events are a huge part of the Ministry of Culture! They require careful planning and implementation, new ideas, and are a creative outlet for TNP to show it's fun side.

Games and Entertainment: If you are interested in hosting games and activities, such as movie watching, online games, awards, seminars, and everything in between this is the area for you! Games and Entertainment is also responsible for the University and the Games and Arts subforums.

Roleplay Events and Promotions: This subsection of the Culture Ministry is responsible for promoting the offsite roleplay community in-game, showcasing the work of our RPers, providing supporting infrastructure to the RP moderators and organising roleplay events.

Graphics: Graphics folks should be available to design logos, banners, and other images on an as-needed basis. Work will likely be intermittent and highly varied, so flexibility is good to have. Examples of prior work highly desirable - please send via PM!

Posted Image
Ministry of World Assembly Affairs - Minister Deropia

World Assembly Legislative League Staff: The World Assembly Legislative League (WALL) is our World Assembly collaboration effort with Balder, The International Democratic Union, and Europeia. The WA Affairs Ministry of each region utilize this alliance to expand our influence on WA matters across NationStates. The Ministry has a World Assembly 101 course available - covering both the General Assembly and the Security Council - to improve the knowledge base of residents within TNP. (Note: Ministry membership is not required to take the WA 101 coursework.) The Ministry will aim to make the TNP forums a location where authors come to draft their resolutions, and in order to encourage such efforts, Ministry members are encouraged to offer constructive criticism and other feedback on these drafts. As the members of The North Pacifics WALL staff represent the region on the international stage, they are appointed by the Minister from existing World Assembly Advisors.

World Assembly Advisor: The World Assembly can be a complex organization to understand, especially for newer players or for those that are less familiar with the World Assembly, in general. The Ministry of WA Affairs seeks to offer voting recommendations on each WA resolution to come to vote and also distributes Information for WA Voters to all WA nations within The North Pacific. Members of the Ministry of WA Affairs are encouraged to participate in the aforementioned WA 101 courses, so they can offer informed opinions in our regional voting threads.
Edited by Deropia, Jan 23 2018, 04:46 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

St George
Member Avatar
Formerly madjack

Nation in The North Pacific: Nierr
Ministry you are interested in joining: Culture
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Culture Minister in both Balder and Osiris

EDIT: Processed.
Edited by r3naissanc3r, Jun 13 2014, 08:07 AM.
I have a Medium
TNP Lead RP Mod and TNP University Faculty
(17:04:22)<Severisen>lol I was just thinking about DOS players being like the ghosts of NS...and madjack is like Casper
Spoiler: click to toggle
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Leekem
Member Avatar

Nation in The North Pacific: Leekem
Ministry you are interested in joining: Home Affairs as a mentor
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Well as you've seen from my many campaigns topics encouraging newcomers and showing them the ropes of TNP has always been my focus. I'm sure that as part of the executive staff that I could use these skills to excel, because I already on my own part issues telegrams to new nations.

Edited by r3naissanc3r, Jul 2 2014, 08:28 AM.
Posted Image

Andrew
Member Avatar

Nation in The North Pacific:[nation]Aurora orb[/nation]
Ministry you are interested in joining: Culture as RolePlay Mod
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Not sure about experience that but I do constantly participate in Roleplays in TSP and Osiris

Nation in The North Pacific:[nation]Aurora orb[/nation]
Ministry you are interested in joining: Home Affairs as Mentor
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: I'm a mentor in Osiris
Edited by r3naissanc3r, Jun 13 2014, 08:08 AM.
Positions

Ribbons and Awards

Tomb
Member Avatar

Nation in The North Pacific: Tomb
Ministry you are interested in joining: Ministry of Communication--Staff Writer In the Northern Lights.
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government:This is what I am trying to create. Currently, I am familiar with TNP laws and I am a participant in the RA, NPA, and DipCorps, but I am trying to expand my governmental experience.

Edited by r3naissanc3r, Jul 2 2014, 08:28 AM.
Tomb Montresor
Vice Delegate

Posted Image

Other Positions:
Minister of Home Affairs
NPA Colonel
Dep. Minister of Communications
RMB Guardian

Current & Former Positions

NPA Stats

NS Family

Tomb
Member Avatar

Nation in The North Pacific:Tomb
Ministry you are interested in joining: Ministry of Home Affairs--Mentor for New Forum Members.
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government:This is what I am trying to create. Currently, I am familiar with TNP laws and I am a participant in the RA, NPA, and DipCorps, but I am trying to expand my governmental experience.

Edited by r3naissanc3r, Jun 13 2014, 08:08 AM.
Tomb Montresor
Vice Delegate

Posted Image

Other Positions:
Minister of Home Affairs
NPA Colonel
Dep. Minister of Communications
RMB Guardian

Current & Former Positions

NPA Stats

NS Family

Geniva
Member Avatar

Nation in The North Pacific:Geniva
Ministry you are interested in joining:Home affairs mentor Previous experience in this area of government:

Posted Image

punk d
Member Avatar
Sexy and I know it!

Nation in The North Pacific: Punk Daddy
Ministry you are interested in joining: Communications
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: none that I recall.

Edit: Processed.
Edited by r3naissanc3r, Jul 3 2014, 07:30 AM.
I am not questioning your honor, I am denying its existence. - Tyrion Lannister

Lajikstan
Member Avatar
He needs abouta tree fiddy

Nation in The North Pacific:Lajikstan
Ministry you are interested in joining:Home Affairs as a Recruiter
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government:None

Edited by r3naissanc3r, Jun 13 2014, 08:09 AM.
1) Citizen of TNP
2) Regional Assembly Member
3) North Pacific Armed Forces- Special Forces- Private First Class Posted Image
Ribbons

4) Low-level Bureaucrat
Executive Staff

5) Fighter of The Nightman

Geniva
Member Avatar

Ministry you are interested in joining: Home affairs mentor
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: nope

Posted Image

r3naissanc3r
Member Avatar
Royal Penguin

As a note, the Minister of Communications is away for a couple of days, so those of you applying there will need to wait for his return.
Various quotes about me... (click to read)
...and a poem! (click once more)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sauceistan
Member Avatar
Sauce is the Boss

Nation in The North Pacific: Sauceistan
Ministry you are interested in joining: Culture (any)

Edited by r3naissanc3r, Jul 1 2014, 12:02 PM.
NORTH PACIFIC ARMY

DIPLOMATIC CORPS

Want to join the Democratic Union? Information and Applications here.

Lajikstan
Member Avatar

Ministry you are interested in joining:Communications
1) Citizen of TNP
Ribbons

4) Low-level Bureaucrat
Executive Staff

Geniva
Member Avatar

Ministry you are interested in joining:Home Affairs as a Recruiter
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government:Nope

Posted Image

Prime Minister Gregor Samson

Nation in The North Pacific: The Republic of Kevaren
Ministry you are interested in joining: Communications and/or Foreign Affairs
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: None, although I have some experience in journalistic writing.

Edited by r3naissanc3r, Jul 4 2014, 08:30 AM.

Lajikstan
Member Avatar

Ministry you are interested in joining:Culture as Staff in the North Pacific University

1) Citizen of TNP
Ribbons

4) Low-level Bureaucrat
Executive Staff

Fenichi
Member Avatar

Nation in The North Pacific: Principality of Legington
Ministry you are interested in joining: Culture as a staff in the North Pacific University
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: I have attended university in real life, so I understand how to organise a lecture

Nasania
Member Avatar
Regional Assemblyman of The North Pacific.

Nation in The North Pacific: Salataia
Ministry you are interested in joining: Culture
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: None; currently researching TNP history so I can compile it into an official book.

Establish a trade agreement with Nasania!
Establish diplomatic relations here!

Posted Image

Foreign Minister for the Nasanian Government: His Excellency
Posted Image

The Constitutional Monarchy of Nasania

NPA Rank and Ribbons

Government Posts Held

ilaydarocks
Ambassador to Spiritus

Nation in The North Pacific: The Kingdom of Airella
Ministry you are interested in joining: Ministry of Home Affairs
(Optional) Previous experience in this area of government: Ambassador to Spiritus

Arenadia

Nation in the North Pacific: Renadia
Ministry Interested In: Foreign Affairs
Experience: None

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Docks · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Bug reportReport a Bug with this site
Theme by tiptopolive