Admin Requests

flemingovia:
Lord Ravenclaw:
Hi there.

Can you please mask Tsunamy as a Foreign Envoy? (Delegate of TSP)
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/profile/3261151/

Thanks ^^
According to the |Admin CP he is already a foreign envoy. Did another admin do this?
I have no idea. But I did note his display group is that of a normal member. I also couldn't find any posts where he requested diplomatic status but he thought he already had it.

RPI:
Bootsie:
Dear Admins,

Per my position as NPTO moderator I would like to request a fifth subforum labeled "NPTO Peace Council" and accessible to members of a new group called "NPTO Peace Council".

Thanks.

Boots
Also, please create a subforum within the Peace Council subforum titled "Voting Chamber".

Thank you
Friendly bump :)

RPI:
RPI:
Bootsie:
Dear Admins,

Per my position as NPTO moderator I would like to request a fifth subforum labeled "NPTO Peace Council" and accessible to members of a new group called "NPTO Peace Council".

Thanks.

Boots
Also, please create a subforum within the Peace Council subforum titled "Voting Chamber".

Thank you
Friendly bump :)
You both need to be much clearer when making requests that muck around with forum structure. Like... where the forum goes in the first place.

I am much less inclined to add another mask on top of the myriad of other masks we have. You already have an NPTO mask. At this point those 2 new forums are not restricted in any particular way, if you want them restricted to NPTO then please request that.

Seriously? Another "bump" after just a day? Did you not read what I posted above?

This is rude. I meant it. Stop it.

If this happens again i will raise warn levels with any more "friendly cautions" to "friendly bumps"

AS for creating a new group "NPTO Peace Council", we have far too many masks and groups on this forum as it is. Does this really need a whole new group of its own? can it not be accommodated within existing groups?

That was Bootsie who asked for the mask, I don't agree with it.

I bumped because, as I said to you (flemingovia) before, I do when it appears it was overlooked. No one even acknowledged it and it would be nice to at least see "noted" or ask "where do you want this".

I'll be clearer:

Please, withinin the North Pacific Treaty Organization, which is in Role Play forum, create another subforum entitled "Peace Council." Within that please place a subforum entitled "Voting Chambers." That's all.

EDIT: looks like Eras already did it. Thank you to her.

Thank you Flemingovia and Erastide for the help in this matter. Your work is very much appreciated. :blush:

Bootsie:
Thank you Flemingovia and Erastide for the help in this matter. Your work is very much appreciated. :blush:
I wholeheartedly agree. The cooperation of the administration is vital to the "O" in "NPTO" :lol:

flemingovia:
Seriously? Another "bump" after just a day? Did you not read what I posted above?
So, how long should one wait before bumping their request? In your first post, you said 24 hours, but in this one, it looks like you're saying 24 hours isn't long enough. I know RPI bumped in less than 24 hours, but "after just a day" seems to indicate that one should wait even more than 24 hours.

Darcania:
flemingovia:
So, how long should one wait before bumping their request? In your first post, you said 24 hours, but in this one, it looks like you're saying 24 hours isn't long enough. I know RPI bumped in less than 24 hours, but "after just a day" seems to indicate that one should wait even more than 24 hours.
Actually, I bumped it after about 31 hours. Not that it matters anymore.

Administrators:

I would very much appreciate it if you all were to notify a member of the Speaker's Office of name chages that you approve. I have caught two just recently that weren't announced, and it would be very helpful if you were to announce it here or in another designated thread.

Thanks

RPI: I will try to make sure that name changes are passed on to the Speaker's office. Name changes used to be rarely asked for or granted. Now they are becoming more common.

How long before bumping? I would say: "as long as is polite." We try to do admin tasks in the order they are given to us, so that tasks do not get lost in a 149-page thread. Some tasks need special skills or are more complex, so might get passed over for a little while. But if your request has not been responded to in a number of days, or is waaaaaaay up the thread without response, it is fair to assume it has been overlooked, and needs to be brought to our attention.

But how you do it matters. "bump" in this context is akin to using a snap of the fingers to summon a waiter. It is brusque at the best of times; done unreasonably soon after the initial request and it becomes downright rude.

I would repeat again: admins are volunteers who do this out of the kindness of our hearts. A lot of the admin work is (frankly) quite boring. A little patience and politeness would not go amiss.

Sorry for double post, but:

Scil's nation has CTEd and they should be remasked from citizen to former resident.

Ary has not been on the forums for over thirty days, and they should be remasked from citizen to resident.

Malashaan has not been on the forums for over thirty days either, and they should be remasked from citizen to resident.

Thank you

Former English Colony:
Blue Wolf II:
Requesting a remasking of an NPA member as per this thread.
Because I am lazy, can I generally ask that the names are just asked? Also, isn't the minister supposed to ask for remaskings?

3 remaskings are done.
The Minister will from this point forward.

As I have posted my Oath of Office may I have the masks for Minister of Defense. I would ask that I maintain my primary group as Attorney General for the present time as I intend to see the end of the trial, or the elected term, whichever comes first, before prompting a Special Election.

Relevant law:

TNP Legal Code:
Section 6.3: Mandatory Ministries
25. An Executive Officer may sustain multiple roles defined by this Act.

Section 6.7: The Attorney General
42. It is the duty of the Attorney General, and their deputies, to see to completion of any case the management of which they have undertaken.

Gracius Maximus:
Former English Colony:
Blue Wolf II:
Because I am lazy, can I generally ask that the names are just asked? Also, isn't the minister supposed to ask for remaskings?

3 remaskings are done.

As I have posted my Oath of Office may I have the masks for Minister of Defense. I would ask that I maintain my primary group as Attorney General for the present time as I intend to see the end of the trial, or the elected term, whichever comes first, before prompting a Special Election.

Relevant law:

TNP Legal Code:

42. It is the duty of the Attorney General, and their deputies, to see to completion of any case the management of which they have undertaken.
GM: I have added you the fpllowing alternate permission sets:

NPA high command

Gracius Maximus:
Former English Colony:
Blue Wolf II:

3 remaskings are done.

Relevant law:

TNP Legal Code:

GM, I have added the alternate permission set "NPA High Command".

Other than that I think you already had all the permissions you need. If you don't please let us know. It gets a bit complicated when people hold multiple offices.

Can you remove the forum announcement for "Change to Appendix 1 Board Rules" that appears in all subforums? It's been almost a year since the rule change.

Yeah, please don't move that to the RA. Gradea, please stop asking for remaskings and topic movings. It isn't your place. I understand you're trying to help, but it's not your job.

EDIT: Unless, of course, it's your own remasking and your own thread that you want moved.

Olumia's TNP nation has ceased to exist, and they should be remasked from resident to former resident.

DorianGreen, qw23er5, Prime Minister of Gildaria, TankGun, and Kingdom of Hardoria have all been removed from the citizenship rolls for failure to post in the past 30 days. They should be remasked as residents.

Can I get mod privileges over the new NPTO Peace Council area and its little subsection, as well as Syrixia who should get half-mod privileges?

As I have been named the NPTO Council Chair, can an administrator please give me moderation over the NPTO Peace Council subforum (in the North Pacific Treaty Organization within the Diplomacy RP subforum), and Bootsie's should be removed. I also need moderation over the NPTO Voting Chambers within the NPTO Peace Council subforum.

Also:
Please rename the NPTO Peace Council subforum as Peace Council. Please rename the NPTO Voting Chambers subforum (within the NPTO Peace Council subforum) as Voting Chambers.

Back