Admin Requests

Romanoffia:
I request that this thread be closed: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/6960572/1/.

It is about to get out of hand and I find it hard to restrain myself from giving someone a very nasty verbal throttling.
I find this one a bit confusing, but I'll tell you what. I'll close it for now as a time out until the Speaker can review it and decide whether it should be left closed or reopened.

You've generated a lot of buzz kill in the last 18 hours or so, and I'm not sure what the overall moderator opinion is going to be with all of these different discussions.

Grosseschnauzer:
Romanoffia:
I request that this thread be closed: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/6960572/1/.

It is about to get out of hand and I find it hard to restrain myself from giving someone a very nasty verbal throttling.
I find this one a bit confusing, but I'll tell you what. I'll close it for now as a time out until the Speaker can review it and decide whether it should be left closed or reopened.

You've generated a lot of buzz kill in the last 18 hours or so, and I'm not sure what the overall moderator opinion is going to be with all of these different discussions.
Even though there may be a few people who have been in the region about ten minutes who have not yet had the chance to have a pop at Roman, closing the thread is probably wise.

This is strange, when I look at my previous messages I can't edit them, but this one I can.

Could an admin clarify?

flemingovia:
Grosseschnauzer:
Romanoffia:

Even though there may be a few people who have been in the region about ten minutes who have not yet had the chance to have a pop at Roman, closing the thread is probably wise.
Don't worry, Flem, it's a concerted and organized effort on the part of the lynch mob. On that note, I shall still be here and in a couple of years they will have all moved on and faded to nothing more than a dim memory, if that. Either that or they will move on to the next target when they realize that they are wasting their time.

Ravania:
This is strange, when I look at my previous messages I can't edit them, but this one I can.

Could an admin clarify?
I cannot find anything in the ACP.

Unless threads were closed that you were posting in, your shouldn't be having any problems.

Please ensure Diplomatic Corps masking is granted to this list and only this list:
Chasmanthe
Earth
Eluvatar
Gladio
Isimud
Lady Morgana
Kingborough
McMasterdonia
Prince Windsor
Romanoffia
Scandigrad
Tim

Please restrict access to the Diplomatic Corps to the Cabinet and Diplomatic Corps masks (as well as whatever forum admin/mod masks you feel necessary).

I was wondering if we could have the avatar sizes increased?

Also, on some zeta forums you are able to upload your avatar from a URL, I was wondering why this forum doesn't have that? Not a huge issue obviously, but saves having to upload the picture onto your computer and then onto the forum :)

I think the reason for not allowing larger avatars has to do with the readability of the forum posts.

As it is we're having a problem with too many people using signatures with graphics ot video links, and that is also creating a problem with readability. (Such things are partially controlled by the pixel viewing size on a computer screen, but not everyone has 20/10 vision, and that becomes an issue.
We;re basically at the Zetaboards default as to avatars, and we were forced years ago to limit the size of graphics in signatures, and signatures overall.

You can still extend the size slightly without damaging readability - and I say that as someone who routinely has the forums preeeetty zoomed in. Equally, allowing URL uploads is not relevant (EDIT: from an avatar size point of view) as they're still auto-resized.

I think that signature sizes are an issue that probably should be dealt with separately.

Personally I don't see the harm in a minor increase in size and allowing the use of uploading via URL to encourage the use of an avatar and removing a bar to creating a persona which is a key part of getting involved in the community.

As someone who has 6/60 vision (considerably worse than 20/10) I personally have no issues so I can't see why others would. Signatures are still going to be much more of a problem.

At any rate this probably isn't he thread for discussion on the issue.

An allowed avatar size increase could be okay, though I warn you that some people accessing this forum have low bandwidth.

Remote avatars are turned off for a reason and I would strongly advise against enabling them.

OK I think I need to say something about signature sizes. Some of them appear to be bigger than the posted policy we have on these forums in Appendix Two of the forum rules. (Click on the "rules" in the forum masthead in the top of the page.

These sigs have been getting bigger and bigger, and like avatar sizes, we have limits so that everyone can be treated fairly.

When I have a little more energy, I may post an announcement reminder about this. Of course, the other admins are free to do so first.

Kingborough:
Please lock or delete the Constitutional Committee forum. It has served its purpose/
Please instead archive its contents and rename it to Citizen Polls, as it is the only area visible only to verified Citizens and RA members.

I've moved the original subforum to the archives since it is empty of contents at the moment.

I'm not sure how to identify the threads that were in it, since a number of the threads did not use polls.

Please turn off the time limit for post editing for the Regional Assembly, Registered Citizens, Diplomats, North Pacific Army, etc etc groups.

I have no idea why any of the groups were limited to 120 hours (7200 minutes) to edit, and why only those groups were limited. But everyone's at 0 so they should be able to edit.

Since we're creating second class citizenships regardless of contributions to the region, can we get a new masking made?

Possibly 'non-WA RA Member'? Or maybe 'The Disenfranchised', 'Evil Non-Regionalist' or 'Scum'?

I believe this masking is needed to help our delegate with his removal of the rights of certain RA members.

Grosseschnauzer:
I have no idea why any of the groups were limited to 120 hours (7200 minutes) to edit, and why only those groups were limited. But everyone's at 0 so they should be able to edit.
Hersfold did that early in the forum's history because someone (insane power?) was goign back and editing very old posts of his with insults and spam.

Chasmanthe:
The Sacagawea Alliance has been rafitied by Equilism and passed by the Regional Assembly. Please can Equilism now be added as an ally under the laws page?
I can see what do do in the admin CP but I do not have the skillz to do it. If we say Eluvatar's name three times he might tell me what to do.

Chasmanthe:
I want to change my vote in the RA to Abstain but I can't edit my post. :cry: Please can you change it for me?
Since the Admin team have been a bit busy I have dealt with this for you.

Accordingly I have changed it from Nay to abstain. The post is available here.

Please PM me or post here to confirm this otherwise I will presume I have erred in interpreting what you wanted.

You can post a thread and then move it there, and pin it, I believe.

And you have mod powers in that area so you should be able to edit rule two. You might need to open the topic to edit it however.

I have fixed the laws page request, and posted the alliance in the Diplomatic Documents Archive. However I do not have moderation powers in the Diplomatic Documents Archive forum so I was unable to pin it (I only have moderation posts in the forum above it, Laws archive).

Therefore could I request moderation powers in the above referenced forum, and also in the Lobby which as part of the RA is under the Speaker's area of interest.

Could you please add a link to the amendment vote where you've dated the change to Rule 2? Also could you please link to the ratification of the Sacagawea Alliance from that post? :$

Grosseschnauzer or flemingovia: I've pinned the Treaty and added it to the code here.

Kingborough: If you post Rule 5, the post URL should replace the URL in this line:
Code:
_7d: { id: "#7d", link: "#link_7d", fetched: false, url: "http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8046495&t=635106 .c_post", toc: null },

Edit: Apparently the test forum has chosen now to go offline :pinch: Attaching?

Back