Admin Requests

mcmasterdonia:
I think I need voting booth access for the elections for the Judiciary... or can I run the elections from my own forum account?
Since I don't know what password is currently set for the Voting Booth account, I'll have to reset it and let both election commissioners know by P.M.

I would like to request that the Regional Updates Subforum be moved from Communications to Foreign Affairs.

FA wil be handling the regional updates from now on. Communications will be responsible for the TNP-Wire.

There's a bug in the forum software that often doesn't allow a user in a group to post where that group is supposed to have that ability unless the permission set for that group is also marked for that account.
When the user is switched to another group, that permission set also has to be marked otherwise you will run into Cormack Stark's problem. And the permission set for the former group has to be unmarked.
Now I understand it shouldn't have to work that way, but what I just outlined is the only work around that seems to avoid the problem.

Grosseschnauzer:
There's a bug in the forum software that often doesn't allow a user in a group to post where that group is supposed to have that ability unless the permission set for that group is also marked for that account.
When the user is switched to another group, that permission set also has to be marked otherwise you will run into Cormack Stark's problem. And the permission set for the former group has to be unmarked.
Now I understand it shouldn't have to work that way, but what I just outlined is the only work around that seems to avoid the problem.

This isn't 100% accurate.

If no custom permissions are set, then the group permissions apply.

If any custom permissions are set, then only the custom permissions apply.

For this reason I prefer to use custom permissions only when they are necessary: when someone has another status beyond the statuses implied by their group membership.

Eluvatar:
Grosseschnauzer:

This isn't 100% accurate.

If no custom permissions are set, then the group permissions apply.

If any custom permissions are set, then only the custom permissions apply.

For this reason I prefer to use custom permissions only when they are necessary: when someone has another status beyond the statuses implied by their group membership.
That's the way it's supposed to work, but I regularly get complaints from users that they can't post somewhere they're supposed to have access to. What I described is about the only way I've found to work around the quirk in the coding.

We also have a lot of people entitled to multiple permission masks, and for whom the appropriate sets change frequently. And that may be a factor as well.

mcmasterdonia:
I would like to request that the Regional Updates Subforum be moved from Communications to Foreign Affairs.

FA wil be handling the regional updates from now on. Communications will be responsible for the TNP-Wire.
Hi. :)

I would like to request Attorney General masking, please.

EDIT: I'd also like to request a "Private Office" subforum in the "Office of Attorney General" for the Attorney General & the creation of a Deputy AG mask which would have permissions along with the AG in the new forum. No other government official should have access to this subforum other than the AG and his/her assigned deputies.

Kingborough:
Could I request modship over The Lobby, as it is part of the Regional Assembly.
I object. The lobby can be an area outside of the speaker's powers.

I believe that is part of the forum's design.

They have to approve the creation of them first. :) No mod powers however. If it becomes necessary perhaps, but I'll retain moderation within the office.

Chasmanthe:
Kingborough:
I object. The lobby can be an area outside of the speaker's powers.

I believe that is part of the forum's design.
The Lobby involved RA matters, the Speaker needs moderation powers there for the smooth operation. I wouldn't be asking but I've already had a matter yesterday where someone asked me to move a topic in the Lobby to the RA forums and I couldn't because of this. This is especially important if someone puts a topic that really belongs in the Private Halls in the more public Lobby.

mcmasterdonia:

rJeKQ.jpg
Kingborough:
Referring to discussion among Admins as obviously this isn't an obvious call, particularly given Chas' objection.
punk d:
I would like to request Attorney General masking, please.

EDIT: I'd also like to request a "Private Office" subforum in the "Office of Attorney General" for the Attorney General & the creation of a Deputy AG mask which would have permissions along with the AG in the new forum. No other government official should have access to this subforum other than the AG and his/her assigned deputies.
rJeKQ.jpg

2. In lieu of your request, I have endeavored to help you use the extant systems. If that doesn't work out, I'll bend and make a private area, but I really hate clutter.
Tyler Kazakov:
Can we please get Like/Dislike Buttons, I have the code if needed.
Flemingovia had a strong objection to this. I believe Great Bights Mum did too. I will not be adding the feature unless they withdraw their objections.
Abbey Anumia:
Someone should remove my AG masking.
rJeKQ.jpg
punk d:
I can't create a topic in the "Complaint Docket" forum. I can mod what's there, just not create.
Are you sure you need to be able to create new topics? The idea, I believe, is to split out complaints into new threads from the complaint filing thread. The AG who set up the area set it up this way intentionally, I believe. If you're sure you want them changed, though, I'll change the permissions of course.
Tyler Kazakov:
And may we get dupeuty maskings, I want to feel important. :)

If not thats ok.
rJeKQ.jpg
punk d:
They have to approve the creation of them first. :) No mod powers however. If it becomes necessary perhaps, but I'll retain moderation within the office.
Only the very minimal mod powers needed granted. No edit powers granted.
Funkadelia:
I'd like my Justice masking removed please.
rJeKQ.jpg
Aurora DiLaurentis:
I need remasking to the Cabinet Deputy :)
rJeKQ.jpg

Thanks Eluvatar.

I prefer the subforum, but we'll see how this goes.

I tried again to create a topic in the Complaint Docket subforum and I couldn't.

Could we please archive the delegate / judicial election threads please so that there is less clutter during the upcoming elections? Thank you.

I'd prefer if an election commission person took care of that. I wouldn't want to inadvertently archive something they want to stick around.

For the record, I also object to adding "like/dislike buttons to the forums. I've seen them added elsewhere, and in most instances they were later dropped.
So that makes three admin who object.

I've looked at the Attorney General group permissions, and the Judicial Counsel permissions, and the forum permissions for the Complaint area, and everything is correctly set.
I'm not sure at the moment what to try next. Elu, any ideas?

On a similar topic, whilst I can currently access the Mod HQ I cannot see it; I have to wait for the most recent post to have been in it to gain access.

I've added the view, read, post, reply permissions to the Moderator HQ permission set. For some reason none of them were checked. If I'm right, that should fix Belschaft's problem. Let me know.

Grosseschnauzer:
I've added the view, read, post, reply permissions to the Moderator HQ permission set. For some reason none of them were checked. If I'm right, that should fix Belschaft's problem. Let me know.
It has not. I can still access it and post in it, but I cannot see the subforum; my access is still contingent on the most recent post being in there.

Back