Admin Requests

Not sure whether to post here or in the mod request topic, but did anything come of the moderation review of this post? I feel like it's important to maintain a level of transparency about such things and to keep the public informed.

Grosseschnauzer:
I and FEC are trying to sort out why residents would need security checks as opposed to citizens. I looked at the current text of the Constitution and the Legal Code and could not fine any mention of it.
Also, wouldn't those removed as citizens be remasked simply as s residents, assuming their nation is still in TNP, and not former residents? It also is not clear to me as an admin when the remasks would be to former residents, when forum inactive but have a TNP nation ought to be treated as residents Again I looked in the Constitution and Legal Code and saw nothing. Please point to where the answers are for admin benefit as I'd hate to find out latter that it's being done incorrectly.
The procedure, historically, has been that anybody masked as a Resident has passed a security check, and is thus eligible to become a Citizen whenever they post the oath. The reason for this is that, as you said, Citizens who lose citizenship are remasked as Residents, and it allows them to regain Citizenship without needing another security check.

In terms of remasking:
  • Citizens who do not meet activity requirements are remasked as Residents
  • Citizens whose nations CTE are remasked as Former Residents (another category of people who have passed security checks)
  • Citizens whose nations leave the region are remasked as Members (thus requiring another security check should they return)
This procedure is not legally mandated, but it is what has made the most sense in terms of administrative procedure - not wasting resources on people who have been checked and facilitating speedy remasking.

Former English Colony:
Bootsie:
Forthinker, Little Sealand, Skkal, and Las Emilianas have not logged in for 30+ days, and should be remasked as members.
Isn't it appropriate that they be turned into residents, not members?
Yes, sorry, confused my groups. They should be remasked as Residents, not members.

Nierr:
Not sure whether to post here or in the mod request topic, but did anything come of the moderation review of this post? I feel like it's important to maintain a level of transparency about such things and to keep the public informed.
The post was edited by me following discussion in the moderator hq

SillyString:
Grosseschnauzer:
I and FEC are trying to sort out why residents would need security checks as opposed to citizens. I looked at the current text of the Constitution and the Legal Code and could not fine any mention of it.
Also, wouldn't those removed as citizens be remasked simply as s residents, assuming their nation is still in TNP, and not former residents? It also is not clear to me as an admin when the remasks would be to former residents, when forum inactive but have a TNP nation ought to be treated as residents Again I looked in the Constitution and Legal Code and saw nothing. Please point to where the answers are for admin benefit as I'd hate to find out latter that it's being done incorrectly.
The procedure, historically, has been that anybody masked as a Resident has passed a security check, and is thus eligible to become a Citizen whenever they post the oath. The reason for this is that, as you said, Citizens who lose citizenship are remasked as Residents, and it allows them to regain Citizenship without needing another security check.

In terms of remasking:
  • Citizens whose nations CTE are remasked as Former Residents (another category of people who have passed security checks)
  • Citizens whose nations leave the region are remasked as Members (thus requiring another security check should they return)
This procedure is not legally mandated, but it is what has made the most sense in terms of administrative procedure - not wasting resources on people who have been checked and facilitating speedy remasking.
Now that Bootsie has acknowledge they had misspoken in the request, it makes things consistent.

It might be useful for the Speaker or the RA to adopt a rule outlining this so that there's less chance of confusion in the future.

In the meantime I'm going to place the bullet points in the ACP, so admin can see it when they log in for admin tasks.

Grosseschnauzer:
SillyString:
Grosseschnauzer:

In terms of remasking:
Now that Bootsie has acknowledge they had misspoken in the request, it makes things consistent.

It might be useful for the Speaker or the RA to adopt a rule outlining this so that there's less chance of confusion in the future.

In the meantime I'm going to place the bullet points in the ACP, so admin can see it when they log in for admin tasks.
There's already an admin thread detailing this Grosse. Not sure we really need it in the ACP, but okay.

dmb, that's a moderator request, not really an admin one.

Supreme Libertas, Argo4444, Camarthen, MaximusTheGreat, Y3S1, Brunsk, BobFlutie, North D3r33z3d, DJMorpheme, Lambdadelta, Raluyen Skylance, & JonCaz all have not been on the forums for 30+ days, and should be remasked as Residents.

Also: North East Somerset has been on in the last month (and, in fact, the last 24 hours), but has not posted in the last 30 days. Does this call for remasking as Resident as well?

Alta Italia:
Supreme Libertas, Argo4444, Camarthen, MaximusTheGreat, Y3S1, Brunsk, BobFlutie, North D3r33z3d, DJMorpheme, Lambdadelta, Raluyen Skylance, & JonCaz all have not been on the forums for 30+ days, and should be remasked as Residents.
Done, along with North East Somerset

Please remove NPA masking from:

- Common-Sense Politics
- r3naissanc3r
- Borndisaster
- TomZanovich
- Helgraf
- Lesser Fnordia

Check If Bootsie has NPA masking If she doesn't then give her NPA masking and do security checks for Darcania and Azrael If they pass give them NPA masking.

Thank You

Please remove NPA masking from:

- Common-Sense Politics - didn't have masking
- r3naissanc3r - done
- Borndisaster - done
- TomZanovich - didn't have masking
- Helgraf - done
- Lesser Fnordia - done

Bootsie give her NPA masking - done
Darcania - done
and Azrael - done

Stovilium, Pasargad, and Proxy of Demescia have not posted in 30+ days, and should be remasked as Residents. punk d should be removed of citizenship, as his nation has CTE'd. Astra has not been on the forum in 30+ days and should also be remasked as a citizen. Lord Nwahs has also not been on the forum in 2 weeks, and therefore his seat is now vacated. A special election for Speaker should be posted by the Election Commissioners soon.

Bootsie:
Stovilium, Pasargad, and Proxy of Demescia have not posted in 30+ days, and should be remasked as Residents. punk d should be removed of citizenship, as his nation has CTE'd. Astra has not been on the forum in 30+ days and should also be remasked as a citizen. Lord Nwahs has also not been on the forum in 2 weeks, and therefore his seat is now vacated. A special election for Speaker should be posted by the Election Commissioners soon.
All done.

Punk D is an admin, so needed no remasking.

Astra was already a citizen.

flemingovia:
Bootsie:
All done.

Sorry, Astra's was a mistake. Astra should be a Resident, not a Citizen.

Bootsie:
flemingovia:
Bootsie:
All done.

Sorry, Astra's was a mistake. Astra should be a Resident, not a Citizen.
Done

So I don't think I have access to any of the places a cabinet officer should, like the cabinet room, or the private government forums (I don't have access to the private WA forum anyway at the least).

Could this be fixed please and thanks? Maybe another cabinet officer can suggest what I should be seeing.

Sanctaria:
So I don't think I have access to any of the places a cabinet officer should, like the cabinet room, or the private government forums (I don't have access to the private WA forum anyway at the least).

Could this be fixed please and thanks? Maybe another cabinet officer can suggest what I should be seeing.
Someone forgot to change your masks. Should be fixed.

Can Westeria please be deleted? My fiance and I have talked, and he's good just being on the sidelines.

Security checks for: Regezistan, DrowMerchant and Jsanford If they pass give them NPA masking

Remove NPA masking from the following members: Han Fei Zi

Thank You

In the archives under Roleplay Archives 2013- only the roleplay convention is showing up, no other threads are appearing. Is something wrong with the subforum or am I having viewing issues?

Malvad:
In the archives under Roleplay Archives 2013- only the roleplay convention is showing up, no other threads are appearing. Is something wrong with the subforum or am I having viewing issues?
I cannot see an obvious problem with either your masking or the forum setup.

I will keep digging, but this may take a while.

Security check for Vietnam Witches Please, If he passes give him NPA masking.

Also: If the admins could compile a list of all the members who have NPA masking and send It to me via PM that would be great.

Thanks!

Back