Admin Requests

What is the classification for admin vs. mod requests? Just to clarify for the future, as not to cause more inconvenience as had been generated by the thread's topics itself. :P

The subtitle for election forums is September 2012. That's been ticking me off every since... the elections in November.... could we get that updated, or more preferably not as specific so we don't have to keep changing it?

Iro, anything that requires access to the ACP (remaskings and forum permissions, name changes and changes to the web pages used on the forums) to be completed is an admin request.

With a couple of limited exceptions everything else is a mod request to all Global Mods and Admins. As a general rule we give normal mod powers to government officials over their area of government responsibility and for most Cabinet/Council areas we have to add the officeholder individually as a mod over that area during their term. The primary thing regular mods cannot do is delete posts or threads, see IPs, or change the warning levels.
That latter is what the Mod HQ area is for. If a regular mod comes across an issue that may require a change in the warning level for a user, then they start or bump a thread on that user and we'll discuss it as a team.

I was wondering if the Ministry of Culture & Entertainment could please request our own subforum under Delegates Government. We have plans to run a mentor problem, internships and more and require an office to make such things viable.

Kingborough:
I was wondering if the Ministry of Culture & Entertainment could please request our own subforum under Delegates Government. We have plans to run a mentor problem, internships and more and require an office to make such things viable.
Will do if Delegate asks.
Kiwi:
Can I please request NPA masking for Seomis and Alvino Castillon? Thank you.
Done.

I'd like to confirm Kingboroughs request.

Secondly I'd like to ask that all areas of the Christmas festival to be given viewable and posting access to those with member masking up. Mad jack has told me that he can only see the Christmas Messages subforum, which is why I am asking

mcmasterdonia:
I'd like to confirm Kingboroughs request.

Secondly I'd like to ask that all areas of the Christmas festival to be given viewable and posting access to those with member masking up. Mad jack has told me that he can only see the Christmas Messages subforum, which is why I am asking
Done and Done.
Abbey Anumia:
Seeing as I'm serving as a Temporary Court Justice, please may I have appropriate masking?
Also Done.

I would like my posts that I have asked questioned to the delegate in his question time thread posted please. My questions I believe are legitimate.

Govindia:
I would like my posts that I have asked questioned to the delegate in his question time thread posted please. My questions I believe are legitimate.
This would be more appropriate for the moderation requests section.

This is a mite overdue, but could this screenname be changed to Cerian Quilor? I'm tired of entering in this old screename every time I log in. (I used it as part of an experiment to see if I could trick people into thinkng I was female. Finished with that experiment for months now)

Hileville:
Govindia:
This would be more appropriate for the moderation requests section.
I did and my posts are not showing up. Someone in the admin team is having some form of bias here.

Approving posts is a mod thing, not an admin thing, Gov. Any one having mod powers in a particular area of the forums as well as Global Mods and Admin can approve requests.

If I haven't been keeping up with a particular area or thread, I tend to leave approving posts to those who are, simply because I might miss any nuances in the conversation.

I can't speak as to the others on the moderation team, and I won't speculate as to motives.

Hileville has been accepted into the NPA but I'm unsure whether as a global moderator he can already see the NPA forums. Could an admin provide clarification and remask him if necessary? Thank you.

Empire of Narnia has indicated that he's unable to post on the forums, thus interfering with the trial which is about to begin against him. I don't recall any announcement of a banning, and I don't see any moderated posts of his, nor is his warning level all the way to the top. I'd like the Admins to verify that as far as they're concerned, he should be able to post, or explain why he is barred from posting if mod/admin action has been taken to that effect?

Gaspo:
Empire of Narnia has indicated that he's unable to post on the forums, thus interfering with the trial which is about to begin against him. I don't recall any announcement of a banning, and I don't see any moderated posts of his, nor is his warning level all the way to the top. I'd like the Admins to verify that as far as they're concerned, he should be able to post, or explain why he is barred from posting if mod/admin action has been taken to that effect?
Narnia is on the last day of post suspension after being warned in the Complaint thread against them. That raised the warning level to 80% - 3 day post suspension, 1 week mod preview. The warning was given on 12/28 which would make today the last day of the suspension.

It came to my attention on IRC, through Jamie, that there is an image linked in one of our forum posts which directs to a website which has been flagged by google for serving malicious content. As a result, any google chrome user whose search result happens to include that result, or who attempts to view the page in question, gets a giant scary warning. I did some looking, and the link in question is a hotlinked image, which no longer exists, so the image doesn't load anyways. There is no actual malicious content, simply a warning due to the way chrome works.

The post in question dates from 2010 - long in the past. I'd ask that an admin or global mod edit the link out of the post, for site security reasons, as noone will probably ever look at the post again anyways. I've spoilered it below.

In the interests of caution, DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK UNLESS YOU HAVE TO. Why risk it - it's just a boring embassy update.
The image that needs to be removed is the first image in the Legislative Murmurings section of the update.

Gaspo:
It came to my attention on IRC, through Jamie, that there is an image linked in one of our forum posts which directs to a website which has been flagged by google for serving malicious content. As a result, any google chrome user whose search result happens to include that result, or who attempts to view the page in question, gets a giant scary warning. I did some looking, and the link in question is a hotlinked image, which no longer exists, so the image doesn't load anyways. There is no actual malicious content, simply a warning due to the way chrome works.

The post in question dates from 2010 - long in the past. I'd ask that an admin or global mod edit the link out of the post, for site security reasons, as noone will probably ever look at the post again anyways. I've spoilered it below.

In the interests of caution, DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK UNLESS YOU HAVE TO. Why risk it - it's just a boring embassy update.
The image that needs to be removed is the first image in the Legislative Murmurings section of the update.
Done. thank you.

D'you think it might be time to kill the Christmas Festival? It's thirteen days after Christmas, after all....

I made this request in private about a week or so ago. I'm going to post it here as nothing has been done about it yet. I would be much obliged if it could be dealt with asap. The Dean of the University can't organize much until it's done.

Please rename the University forum, The North Pacific University.

Subforums

All should have viewing/posting access to members.

Current Events
Guest Lecture Theatre
History> National History
Politics and Economics
Arts and Sciences
Sport

I'd prefer the Univeristy to be in Magicality city. It doesn't seem to fit in with the Agora.

Lastly can Milograd be given access to the Diplomatic Negotiations area. And may I be provided with the password to it again? This request has been made in private also.

Many Thanks,
McMasterdonia.

mcmasterdonia:
I made this request in private about a week or so ago. I'm going to post it here as nothing has been done about it yet. I would be much obliged if it could be dealt with asap. The Dean of the University can't organize much until it's done.

Please rename the University forum, The North Pacific University.

Subforums

All should have viewing/posting access to members.

Current Events
Guest Lecture Theatre
History> National History
Politics and Economics
Arts and Sciences
Sport

I'd prefer the Univeristy to be in Magicality city. It doesn't seem to fit in with the Agora.

Lastly can Milograd be given access to the Diplomatic Negotiations area. And may I be provided with the password to it again? This request has been made in private also.

Many Thanks,
McMasterdonia.

Administrators have been discussing your request.

I will poke those who have not weighed in to weigh in.

Obviously I am against any disruption to the reorganization of the boards I undertook about a year ago, so I am opposed to making The North Pacific University a top level board under Magicality City.

Edit: to be clear: the relocation of the University to the top level in Magicality City would expand the size of Mgaicality City beyond the size I considered acceptable when laying out the current forum layout. That is why I am opposed to that portion of the request.

Pursuant to a court decision rendered HERE, the Court of the North Pacific requests that Empire of Narnia be banned for a period of precisely sixty days, and that confirmation of the application of this ban be made publicly here, for purposes of record-keeping. Thank you.

Back