Proposal: New Flag and Coat of Arms

The bill passed. We're waiting until November 26, the forum adoption anniversary, to change the theme.

The theme just can't be created from the snap of a finger, Syrixia. I think Eluvatar was referring to the official seals and all that need to be updated in terms of the government seals, and pretty much everything that has the old CoA on it. Elu, I've been working on the skin on the test forum, but it may need a turtle's touch. Especially that banner. :/

I can handle the banner, and even redo the folders.

I'm worried about the seals though. I was under the impression there was a plan to shift to a new design for them in general, but I don't know if that's happening.

Also, I have yet to see a vector graphic version of the new arms, which poses a problem for making derivative images.

Oh you meant THOSE seals. Yeah, do you want curvey letters on the seals and stuff? I can do straight letters below the seals, perhaps, but I cannot do curvey letters with what I have.

For a font, I'd suggest InaiMathi. Very classy. For a layout, just try the same layout as the old seals and see how it goes. Show us so we could see it when you're done, plox?

For font, I would suggest calibri. It's modern and elegant.

For the ministerial seals, if we go for a thorough redesign, one possibility would be to borrow some elements from the executive staff badges, e.g., the color and icon themes. Ideally, the seals and ES badges should have thematically connected designs.

I have actually been slowly working on a new theme for the forum, it will not replace the default theme but will suit the colours of the new coat of arms better. I've asked Eluvatar for help with it, but I get the impression he is not particularly keen.

If anyone else is interested in helping please let me know.

God, that sounds better than InaiMathi and calibri. Those are so standard, so uninteresting.

And nearly impossible to tell apart.

quak1234:
God, that sounds better than InaiMathi and calibri. Those are so standard, so uninteresting.

And nearly impossible to tell apart.
Not at all. We're looking for something fresh, and modern! :w00t:

Fresh and modern is not necessarily the objective with regard to official-looking state symbols. They should have an air of respectability and stateliness. This is why Greek architecture (which is ancient) is used for government purposes in quite a few countries.

Now if TNP were a software company, it'd be a different story.

I just realized...we may need to update every single masking button thing with the new seal...

I think Elu is asking for someone to make a vector seal, if I'm catching all his hints correctly.

I hate to say I told you so, but... I've posted at least five times in this thread warning about the lack of an SVG drawing, and volunteering to help make one, every time being told it's not necessary :P .

I'll try to vectorize the rasterized version we voted on, but without access to any of the material Lennart used to make the new coat of arms, I can't guarantee it will be identical.

I'm sorry, apparently Lennart sent me an SVG a week ago that I didn't notice amidst some other emails.

I'll go and upload it momentarily.

Eluvatar:
I'm sorry, apparently Lennart sent me an SVG a week ago that I didn't notice amidst some other emails.

I'll go and upload it momentarily.
Nevermind, the file he sent me is not ready for prime time. r3n and I may be able to fix it up, though.

It's the 29th. I'm not impatient or anything but just wondering; how are we doing in the theme department? Is it ready? Are the vectors ready? Does the team working on them need any assistance?

I'd urge for patience. It has only been a couple of days since the flag was officially adopted. These things take time. You'll be able to tell when the theme etc is ready - because it will be in place.

mcmasterdonia:
I'd urge for patience. It has only been a couple of days since the flag was officially adopted. These things take time. You'll be able to tell when the theme etc is ready - because it will be in place.
My sincerest apologies for the gravedig, but I'd like to, politely and without intention of offense, ask for an update on the status of the new graphics.

From what I can see, the theme appears to be done and is on the Test Forum. Even now we've used the old seal to issue government statements such as that of the statement on TSP's coup.

I'm not worried about those specific seals (EG: the Ministry seals) as I could find someone to make them or I could make them myself, but I would like to inquire where we are on implementing the new theme after these past few months.

As far as I can tell, the Test Forum still shares the same theme as this one. The one I was working on still doesn't have the banner lined up correctly, and is under the assumption that trebuchet will be the main forum text. While I can't speak for Elu or r3n, I remember they were in the progress of creating the folders with the new TNP logo, but I'm not entirely sure. The issue with crossing over everything is that whoever created the work is usually the one who goes into updating it. The Executive Staff stuff, for example, is managed by r3n, so he was able to update those. The forum, however, requires the admin team, as they are the only ones who can access the theme. I echo what McM said in November, things take time, and the transition will take place as fast as it will.

Bootsie:
As far as I can tell, the Test Forum still shares the same theme as this one. The one I was working on still doesn't have the banner lined up correctly, and is under the assumption that trebuchet will be the main forum text. While I can't speak for Elu or r3n, I remember they were in the progress of creating the folders with the new TNP logo, but I'm not entirely sure. The issue with crossing over everything is that whoever created the work is usually the one who goes into updating it. The Executive Staff stuff, for example, is managed by r3n, so he was able to update those. The forum, however, requires the admin team, as they are the only ones who can access the theme. I echo what McM said in November, things take time, and the transition will take place as fast as it will.
Sounds good, and I agree; though the Test Forum does have the theme. Browse the themes there; it's called Theme3 at the moment. It's just not the default theme on the Test Forum.

Back