Vice Delegate's Desk

Discord
COE#7110
vd_seal.png
Welcome to the Vice Delegate's Desk! This thread will be used by the Vice Delegate to keep the public up to date on:
  • Changes to the SC roster
  • Changes to the order of succession
  • SC voting results
  • Other official actions by the Vice Delegate
Comment below if you have any questions or comments for the Vice Delegate! Sensitive information should be sent to the Vice Delegate directly by private message. The current Vice Delegate is @Chipoli.

Links
SC Removal/Suspension Notifications
Notifications to the Regional Assembly regarding removals and suspensions of Security Councillors
Security Council Roster
This page is maintained by the Vice Delegate and gives up-to-date information on the members of the SC and the order of succession.
TNP Constitution, Article 6
Article dealing with the SC
TNP Legal Code, Chapter 5
Regional Security Law
SC Procedure
Adopted by the Security Council for its own governance.
SC Records
This page gives historical data on endorsement and influence levels up to the present day.
SC Alerts
This page allows nations to monitor various aspects of regional security and view current messages from the Security Council.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Vice Delegate, I would like to report a very worrying telegram I received recently!
General COE:
Hi there, SillyString!

You can call me COE, and as you might have heard, I'm the new Vice Delegate of The North Pacific. My job is to keep our region safe from security threats to the delegate, and to take the reins if anything should happen to him. To do that, I will need to have the second-highest number of endorsements in the region. Right now I'm just shy of 300, and I need 500 to be effective in my duties as Vice Delegate. That's a big gap!

You can help by giving my your endorsement. Just click on my nation name, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click "Endorse General COE. Do your part to keep our region safe!

I always return endorsements, so if you haven't received an endorsement from me yet, I will definitely endorse you back when I receive your endorsement. If you have any questions for me, please reply to this telegram - I love hearing from TNP nations. I'll also be doing an Ask-Me-Anything, reddit style, on the forum and the RMB later this week. Hope to hear from you!

Regards,
COE
I have discovered that this dangerous individual is none other than a high ranking member of The Black Hawks, and I am sure their attempts to tart within TNP can be nothing but sinister and dangerous to our fair home. I urge you, from one loyal citizen to another, to take whatever steps are necessary to combat this cunning, infiltrating imposter.

Im concerned about this, this is akin to Eric Holder saying he would investigate himself, I feel the Vice Delegate should allow the Delegate to appoint a special investigator. Thoughts? Why or why isnt this a good idea? Is there any constiutional basis that would prevent this? Can the Security Council thrwart a rogue Vice Delegate and Security Council Chair?

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Im concerned about this, this is akin to Eric Holder saying he would investigate himself, I feel the Vice Delegate should allow the Delegate to appoint a special investigator. Thoughts? Why or why isnt this a good idea? Is there any constiutional basis that would prevent this? Can the Security Council thrwart a rogue Vice Delegate and Security Council Chair?
SHH!

Crushing Our Enemies:
PaulWallLibertarian42:
SHH!
To know thyself is the ultimate form of aggression. To investigate one's self takes that aggression to a higher level. :P :lol:

A few recent changes to the SC Roster:

~I have deleted Kiwi and Ator following their vacancies
~I have added HMS Unicorn to the end of the Order of Succession following his admission to the SC by the RA.

Crushing Our Enemies:
I have added HMS Unicorn to the end of the Order of Succession following his admission to the SC by the RA.
It has come to my attention that this was in error, as r3n has not posted his oath of office.

:boom

Crushing Our Enemies:
Crushing Our Enemies:
I have added HMS Unicorn to the end of the Order of Succession following his admission to the SC by the RA.
It has come to my attention that this was in error, as r3n has not posted his oath of office.

:boom
Again?

Maybe his subconscious is trying to tell him something. :tb3:

Mr. Vice Delegate, I hereby resign from the Security Council. While I remain steadfastly committed to the safety and security of The North Pacific, I have decided to take an indefinite hiatus from government service, which includes the council.

Crushing Our Enemies:
Mr. Vice Delegate, I hereby resign from the Security Council. While I remain steadfastly committed to the safety and security of The North Pacific, I have decided to take an indefinite hiatus from government service, which includes the council.
Thank you for the notification and service, COE. I will update the roster accordingly when I get the chance.

Zyvetskistaahn:
Mr Vice Delegate, I believe that this post requires updating to reflect the amended minimums in the security law, namely a new minimum spdr of 330, rank of Apprentice or higher, and 300 endorsements.
Thank you, the post should now reflect the requirements for the Security Council.

vd_seal.png

Members of The North Pacific, the Regional Assembly, and the Security Council. I am truly sorry that the announcement I am making is currently happening, but the matters of Real Life are out of my control. Due to the events that unfolded in front of my eyes tonight, I am currently not fit to serve as your Vice Delegate.

I will be announcing a leave from my duties, which I don't expect to last more than three days, but I'm not sure at the moment, and I want the best for my region, and will not be resigning from the position.

However, with my leave, I will be appointing an acting chair to serve in my place, though I'm not sure who at the moment.

Please bear with me, and hope for my quick return, I'm dearly sorry.

embed.php

Vice Delegate of The North Pacific

vd_seal.png

I hereby appoint Romanoffia to serve as my Acting Chair until the end of the week. (Friday, EST) I will resume my duties this upcoming Saturday, but will be available on and off between then.

Thank you again,

embed.php

Vice Delegate of The North Pacific

Mr. Vice Delegate, thank you for your candor and I hope all is well. With all the changes to the ranking systems, what is going to be the new requirement to reflect SPDR? It was 330 but now it has been changed to measure in the tens of thousands... mine is currently 62461.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, I truly hope all is well in Real Life and please let us know how we can best serve the region in your absence.

Humbly,

Mister Masses

Mister Masses:
Mr. Vice Delegate, thank you for your candor and I hope all is well. With all the changes to the ranking systems, what is going to be the new requirement to reflect SPDR? It was 330 but now it has been changed to measure in the tens of thousands... mine is currently 62461.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, I truly hope all is well in Real Life and please let us know how we can best serve the region in your absence.

Humbly,

Mister Masses
I just needed a few days, I should be back in my full capabilities. I'm not actually entirely sure what the conversion is now for SPDR, but I'm sure the Security Council can come to a conclusion on what it believe would be the equivalent of 330 on this new scale. There are experts of influence on the SC, one of which I am not, so I will get back to you when I have an answer worth reporting.

Thanks for the concern, and I hope I can figure this out soon,

-Boots

It appears that the new NS update has changed the SPDR scale quite a bit. Is there going to be a new SC application requirement?

Thanks for your time! :)

I believe I can answer this.

The SPDR value originally displayed was the square root of the raw value. At the most recent update, they have simply decided to starts showing us the raw value rather than the square root.

To quote the following:

[18:48] <Raven|bed> .spdr Lord Ravenclaw (my TNP Nation)
[18:48] <FriarTuck> Raven|bed: 211031.00 (the raw influence score)
[18:49] <Raven|bed> .c sqrt(211031)
[18:49] <FriarTuck> sqrt(211 031) = 459.381105 (what was displayed normally)

Thus my influence is 459 SPDR.

Very interesting! So will we be changing the requirement to 108,900? The equivalent of 330 SPDR. Or make people do their own math? ;)

Thanks for the information!

Mister Masses:
Very interesting! So will we be changing the requirement to 108,900? The equivalent of 330 SPDR. Or make people do their own math? ;)

It already is 330 SPDR.

Requirements for SPDR:
Your influence must be a TNP influence score (Soft Power Disbursement Rating) greater than or equal to 330.

Syrixia:
Mister Masses:

It already is 330 SPDR.

Requirements for SPDR:
Your influence must be a TNP influence score (Soft Power Disbursement Rating) greater than or equal to 330.
I understand that, but when most nations see their SPDR they aren't going to find the conversation here, so they won't know to use the square root to determine their equivalent rating according to how the Security Council law is currently written.

What I'm suggesting is that people be notified of the mathematical equation Rave was brilliant enough to deduce!

Thanks all for the input. If I'm making something out of nothing, please let me know :)

Anyone interested in applying for the security council will generally read the dispatches or threads on the topic, so it is simple enough for us to add that to the thread's or dispatches detailing it.

Lord Ravenclaw:
Anyone interested in applying for the security council will generally read the dispatches or threads on the topic, so it is simple enough for us to add that to the thread's or dispatches detailing it.
Brilliant! Thank you very much, that's all the clarification I was looking for :)

Gradea:
Is the Security Council going to vote on Mister Masses application to join the SC?

Mister Masses:
I certainly hope so!

Yes, the Security Council is going to vote on Mister Masses' application, however, since a seat on the Security Council is considered almost permanent, a lot of time and discussion goes into admitting its members. We have surely not forgotten about you.

I totally understand, and as we have discussed, the application process takes time. I do appreciate the acknowledgment and I'm fully aware of the permanence and seriousness of members of the Security Council.

Thank you again for the consideration, as always, I appreciate your time and consideration for placement in the SC.

As I find it necessary to devote my WA to another region for a period of time, I must resign from the Security Council effective immediately.

As previously noted elsewhere, I will remain available for advice or logistical assistance at the Council's pleasure.

Back