JhonsJoe: representing YOU

We shall deliver justice to those who deserve it.
My decisions will be fair.
h8La5aT.png

_

Hi JhonsJoe! I have a couple questions for you:

1) Of the rulings made by the Court within the last term, which do you most disagree with? Why?

2) What do you think is the most underprosecuted crime in TNP? That is, what crime do you think is most often ignored by the AG's office or the region as a whole when it is (allegedly) committed?

flemingovia:
A word to the wise, JJ. PaulWall always campaigns like he's going for high school class president. We expect nothing better from him.

The way to beat him is not to descend to his level. AG demands maturity. Show it to us.
Im still sore I lost the student council presidency elections :(

I was a Lieutenant in my Criminal Justice course at the local career technical center during High school. That makes me pretty qualified to be AG tho. :)

1) Of the rulings made by the Court within the last term, which do you most disagree with? Why?

Well this is gonna be surprising, but I would have to say LG section 2, Espionage. Why do I believe this? Firstly this is how Espionage is defined:

Section 1.2: Espionage
6. "Espionage" is defined as sharing information with a group or region when that act of sharing has not been legitimately sanctioned by the entity the information is gathered from, as limited by this section.
7. The information shared must not be accessible to a person who is not a member of the region or group it is gathered from except by cracking technical security measures.
8. The information must be gathered from The North Pacific or a foreign power the Regional Assembly has agreed to prohibit espionage against.
9. The Regional Assembly has agreed to prohibit espionage against Europeia and Albion.
10. The Speaker will update the preceding clause as appropriate.

Well, the thing is, we have no idea what other regions are doing. Unless we commit espinage ourselves, then we can't actually convict someone.

mcmasterdonia:
I'm not sure if this is a serious campaign or a troll o.O
Translates to:

"This is not an Oligarchy Approved Candidate."

At any rate, good luck on your campaign!

Romanoffia:
mcmasterdonia:
Translates to:

Mate, you know me better than that. :lol: The first page of this thread was just questionable. I think it is just a very enthusiastic run for Attorney General.

mcmasterdonia:
Romanoffia:
mcmasterdonia:
Translates to:

Mate, you know me better than that. :lol: The first page of this thread was just questionable. I think it is just a very enthusiastic run for Attorney General.
Do I? :duh:

You seem to take the Oligarchy party line in posting in my campaign thread. ;)

Point being, JhonsJoe is a new face around here and he gets snarky comments by the same clutch of people in his campaign thread that have done the same in other people's threads (particularly those who are not Oligarchy Approved Candidates).

The simple fact that certain people are flinging their dross all over certain candidates should tell people something, particularly that the Oligarchy/Elite/Cabal doesn't want anyone getting elected or running for office without the Oligarchy's pre-approval. :P

These campaign threads are getting downright nasty in terms of personal and ad hom attacks, and it's the very same Oligarchy people doing it. :mad:

Romanoffia:
mcmasterdonia:
Romanoffia:
mcmasterdonia:
Translates to:

Do I? :duh:
I simply expressed my personal opinion, which was my right.

JhonsJoe, I think there has been a misunderstanding. I was referring to the rulings issued by the court, not sections of the Legal Code. You can find Court Rulings here, under "Rulings" - the last three were from this term.

Oh! I think you're right. I'm sorry JhonsJoe, my mistake. If that's the case, I'm still hoping for an answer to my first question. :)

Personally, I believe it is important for newer players that show an inclination of activity to be welcomed and encouraged. Therefore I am glad to see such an enthusiastic campaign from a relatively new nation.

That said, it does seem apparent from some of your replies that you are not very well versed in the legal procedures and laws of our region. If you are not elected as Attorney General, would you be willing to commit to assisting the AG-elect, whoever that turns out to be, with the aim of learning a bit more about how things work here so that you are better prepared in the future?

As a reply to the first question asked by Mr. SillyString.

I don't disagree with any court rulings. I may say "I don't like that said person got punished", but I can't stop the act that the court had done it right, fairly and unbiased, the two principals I am running on.

JhonsJoe:
JhonsJoe endorses Romanoffia for justice.

lscw7J1.png
Fleming aka: god is not running for Justice.

Falap is and falapitoris is also a non-oligarchy candidate. That is why the oligarchy is recomending to abstain and re open nominations so they can find some oligarchy approved candidate to trot out.

Lord Nwahs:
Details, details, the devil's in the details.
I think I'll start with the least understood one: "One set of rules for everyone"

The North Pacific, I'm sorry to say it, is controlled partially by an oligarchy that doesn't follow its own laws. My ally and supporter Romaniffa and I, are running this race to maker sure that that oligarchy is ousted. We will together pursue high-ranking law breakers, and make sure that EVERYONE in TNP has to follow the legal code, no matter how powerful.

Lord Nwahs:
Name one law the "Oligarchy" has broken.
The "Oligarchy" will selectively enforce the rules for some and then stomp all over anyone who demands their fair application of the law.

JhonsJoe:
Lord Nwahs:
The "Oligarchy" will selectively enforce the rules for some and then stomp all over anyone who demands their fair application of the law.
...answer the question, maybe?

mcmasterdonia:
Do you believe that the "oligarchy" exists and that it acts in a manner that is oppressive to others?
This "oligarchy" is not something I made up in the blue. Justice candidate Romanoffia, and former AG candidate Paulwall have also claimed an "oligarchy" exists in TNP. It is made up of member from the executive branch and RA who just do not follow their own laws, while still harshly enforcing it on the people of TNP.

JhonsJoe:
mcmasterdonia:
Do you believe that the "oligarchy" exists and that it acts in a manner that is oppressive to others?
This "oligarchy" is not something I made up in the blue. Justice candidate Romanoffia, and former AG candidate Paulwall have also claimed an "oligarchy" exists in TNP. It is made up of member from the executive branch and RA who just do not follow their own laws, while still harshly enforcing it on the people of TNP.
What makes you think that Roman and Paul do not have an agenda of their own?

Lord Nwahs:
JhonsJoe:
Lord Nwahs:
Election Fraud is just one of many.

The "Oligarchy" has made this a very important law in TNP, which it is. But they refuse to stand by it themselves, many justices and executive branch members cast fake votes and insist that people vote for them for false reasons, and when citizens try to file complaints against them, the complaints go straight into the hands of people that stand by this "oligarchy".

Whats so disorganized about the AG forum? I feel past AGs Kiwi, Chasmanthe, and Treize did a good job of organizing it?

And in my term I have kept complaints filed in the complaint docket and split out general commentary into their own commentary threads, keeping the complaints for offical use only by the complaintant and AGs office. (I have no issues with people making general commentary on complaints so long as it not posted on the offical thread for AG use, but make their own peanut gallery posts in the main AG forum -- or Agora..if they felt so inclined)

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Whats so disorganized about the AG forum? I feel past AGs Kiwi, Chasmanthe, and Treize did a good job of organizing it?
Well, I'll admit its not THAT messy. But there are a few problems,

Firstly, the court doesn't hear civil complaints, so I'd get rid of the post by Gaspo about that. I don't have any intention of trying to bring Civil Complaints back anyways.

I'd keep the Assistant AG post, but delete all other posts regarding complaints. I intend to have the complaint docket forum the main place to file complaints.

JhonsJoe:
mcmasterdonia:

So you believe it.. just because two members of the region (one of whom was your opponent) said that one exists? What do you personally think? What has led you to this conclusion?

JhonsJoe:
Lord Nwahs:
JhonsJoe:
Lord Nwahs:
Election Fraud is just one of many.

The "Oligarchy" has made this a very important law in TNP, which it is. But they refuse to stand by it themselves, many justices and executive branch members cast fake votes and insist that people vote for them for false reasons, and when citizens try to file complaints against them, the complaints go straight into the hands of people that stand by this "oligarchy".

Can you give one example of when this has occurred? When have members of the executive branch cast fake votes? Are you trying to mislead voters without having any proof whatsoever of these accusations?

Spiraling downward, JJ.

As a former AG, I often questioned the court's consistent application of the law in cases I tried. My opinion was certainly not shared by the majority of TNP nor the justices at the time, but I am still of the opinion that we do not have consistent bench.

However, I do not attribute that to some oligarchy but inconsistent application of the law by people who are truly not judges and may have particular biases. Again - that's my opinion and is not representative in any of the majority of folks in TNP. I draw those conclusions based on personal experience and I would recommend you reply to McM when he asked specifically how you came to feel as you do about the "oligarchy".

Furthermore, if you're going to have a slogan that talks about cleaning up forums, when you post later about it's dirtiness make sure that you actually believe it is THAT dirty and not backtrack from your slogan when called on it. That does seem like a trend with some of your statements.

Another thing I will be big on is daily updates on AG investigations. The incumbent took 23 days for one investigation. And provided no updates, when asked he said that it was not required by law. Well, I will provide those updates, required or not, because I will stand for the citizens of tnp

Back