JhonsJoe: representing YOU

Hello people of TNP, my name is JohnsJoe and I am running for Attorney General. I've been on NS for months now, and I want to do good for the great region of TNP and its people. Now let's get down to business.

As Attorney General I'd put criminals behind bars. Yes, It's obvious, but thats the truth, I'd go after those who think they are above the law, no matter how powerful they are in TNP or any other government. Because there needs to be one set of rules for EVERYONE, even if you're rich, powerful or smart.

TNP needs an attorney general with the courage to LEAD. Someone who, unlike the incumbent, will actually for once step into a TNP courtroom to get things done. Someone who will, like I said, bring criminals to justice. I will never stop fighting for everyday TNP'ers.

Vote JohnsJoe.
You won't regret it.

Two questions to start with.

1. You say "I'd put criminals behind bars."how, exactly? Tnp has no prisons,and no provision in our legal code for imprisonment.

2. You have been on the forum 20 days and made six posts, most of them in relation to this candidacy. How San the electorate have confidence that you instinctively understand our legal system well enough to make you a competent attorney general?

3. Why have you not sought to gain experience as a deputy or appointee before running for one of the mostimportant elected positions inthe region? Is it hubris?

flemingovia:
Two questions to start with.

1. You say "I'd put criminals behind bars."how, exactly? Tnp has no prisons,and no provision in our legal code for imprisonment.

2. You have been on the forum 20 days and made six posts, most of them in relation to this candidacy. How San the electorate have confidence that you instinctively understand our legal system well enough to make you a competent attorney general?

3. Why have you not sought to gain experience as a deputy or appointee before running for one of the mostimportant elected positions inthe region? Is it hubris?
1. Metaphorical, just saying that i'd bring justice to those who need it.

2.Yes, I admit I've been on this forum for merely 20 days. However I've been a member of TNP for over 5 months on multiple nations. I've researched and read TNP's legal code before I ran for this position.

3. I have been a member of interregional organizations such as the Archastan Pact, In which I was a commander. In that situation, much like what I will face If I win, I had to evaluate complicated situations to figure out the appropriate action. Although this is my first attempt at candidacy in TNP, I am confident that I have the experience for the job.

We have learned to our cost that experIence elsewhere is not always the best preparation for life in tnp.

But since you have researched, how about some questions on your understanding of TNP law, pertinent to the attorney general role:

What tactic by the prosecution might have brought the FL trial to a speedier conclusion?

Can someone be held to account for the actions of a puppet nation of theirs that is not the one registered to their forum account?

Hypothetical: the nation the minister attempts to coup tnp. Would you attempt to prosecute gracius maximus, Pierconium or another? What factors of dualism would affect your decision?

Under tnp law, when does Doube jeopardy NOT apply?

flemingovia:
Can someone be held to account for the actions of a puppet nation of theirs that is not the one registered to their forum account
Well Its not directly stated in TNP's Constitution, Bill of Rights, legal code or judicial rulings, but.

1. All Nations of The North Pacific are sovereign. Each Nation has the right of self-determination in that Nation's domestic policies, including, but not limited to, issue selection and WA membership.

So I am gonna have to say this:

Unless the puppet nation is under direct control by its parent nation, no.

Your support RMB-side doesn't really matter. It's the support amongst the RA electorate that matters.

How would you have handled differently the two complaints submitted to the AGs this term differently then what the current AG had? Keeping in mind that at least one complaint did not accuse anyone of violating an offense actually in the legal code...and an AG can only prosecute what the RA sticks in the legal code....

PaulWallLibertarian42:
How would you have handled differently the two complaints submitted to the AGs this term differently then what the current AG had? Keeping in mind that at least one complaint did not accuse anyone of violating an offense actually in the legal code...and an AG can only prosecute what the RA sticks in the legal code....
I cannot answer that question, as I do't have the complaints. A link would be nice.

With all due respect, but what sort of government official does not know the history of the seat he's running for? And since you are openly running against Paul, you should at least study the cases he worked on.
If you want to have a strong campaign, you cannot be ignorant about the history of TNP or of the cases that your rival worked on.

~ Tomb

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
With all due respect, but what sort of government official does not know the history of the seat he's running for? And since you are openly running against Paul, you should at least study the cases he worked on.
If you want to have a strong campaign, you cannot be ignorant about the history of TNP or of the cases that your rival worked on.

~ Tomb
I'm sorry, but he talking about two random complaints.
Which complaints?

Thats like telling an ice cream vendor "I'll have the ice cream with the ice cream in it"

Okay, I think I have found the complaints you were asking about, I am suprised to see that there are only two.

1st)
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7233984/1/

I would instantly drop this for being an invalid case. The incumbent waited until there was a useless defense and prosecution setup before he called it out.

2nd)
http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7239319/1/

Firstly, I would give details of the investigation as I find them, even if it's not mandatory. I would be quicker as well, 23 days for ONE investigation, thats like 1/4 of your term!

Finally, I would drop the case after mcmasterdonia dropped the complaint.

Johnny honey, don't be discouraged. I think it's great to see new faces and people who want to get involved. However, the AG position is a really tough job - I think it can be harder than being Delegate. If you have an interest in that area of government, it would be best to start out as a deputy AG, gain some experience and work your way up.

So you want to run for AG yet cannot find the Attorney Generals Forum? If you cannot find the forum how are you going to investigate criminal complaints lodged there?

PaulWallLibertarian42:
So you want to run for AG yet cannot find the Attorney Generals Forum? If you cannot find the forum how are you going to investigate criminal complaints lodged there?
I have found the forum long before I ran.

Its just that none of your complaints are legitimate.

Also, youve been around the region 5 months or so you say...if you were interrested and wanted some experience first you could have filled out an application to be a Assistant AG...I have made it clear in my special term that I wanted a few experienced TNPers as well as younger players with litigator intrests to fill out for the position to kind of help mentor them in the AG office (much like the speaker mentors deputy speakers to eventually be speaker) I am very open to mentoring those young TNP legal minds who someday wish to finally be able to put JAL away. :)

JhonsJoe:
PaulWallLibertarian42:
I have found the forum long before I ran.

Its just that none of your complaints are legitimate.
Well thats what people have given me to deal with this term :)

Thats what the rockstar AGs office entails.

I guess I could've gotten some more experience in this particular role. But I know what the job entails, and I have studied it.

It's interesting seeing that PWL is the "experienced" candidate in this thing.

Mr. JJ, I like new candidates but unfortunately your responses indicate that you're not ready to lead this department. You simply do not have a grasp on the issues past or present. Calling the 2 complaints of this term "random" illustrates that you have not perused the AG forum. That it took a number of times to get you to look there also indicates this as well. That's ok, new folks often don't have the history.

What loses my vote is that you say you know, when pressed you show you don't, and I don't have a clue as to how you'll handle any legal case in the future.

Let's not judge johnsjoe too harshly. Inexperience is something we all suffered from once, and it is a bit much for paulwall to accuse him of running for office too early, since paulwall was similarly inexperienced when he first ran for AG.

Lest we forget, Here are a couple ofquotes from paulwalls first AG campaign thread:

paulwall:
I have no opinion on the last AG as I have been here in s short time and have yet to see the AG in action

paulwall:
I'd also like to add unsolicited, that after skimming over the legal code (again, tried to familarize myself as much ad possible) concerning Election Law and the Civil Code.......

Inexperience is not bad, as such, if one makes good choices of deputies......

On balance, from what I have read, I may well vote for John and ask for nominations to be reopened.

Mcmasterdonia do you mind moderating a debate against Paulwall. He has agreed to debate me and has recommended you to be the moderator.

YK2XYVJ.png

JhonsJoe:
Crushing Our Enemies:
Why haven't you voted on any bills since joining the RA?
I have.
I've voted on all bills since i've joined.
From the Candidacy Nomination thread:

Please keep in mind that lying about the election is election fraud, and that lying for any purpose is fraud.

Are you sure about that?

Ive looked at the RA vote breakdown from the last three votes and your forum name, from what I saw was no where to be found on any of them.

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8170097&t=7256614

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8168987&t=7249619

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8167804&t=7244894

PaulWallLibertarian42:
JhonsJoe:
Crushing Our Enemies:
Why haven't you voted on any bills since joining the RA?
I have.
I've voted on all bills since i've joined.
From the Candidacy Nomination thread:

Please keep in mind that lying about the election is election fraud, and that lying for any purpose is fraud.

Are you sure about that?

Ive looked at the RA vote breakdown from the last three votes and your forum name, from what I saw was no where to be found on any of them.

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8170097&t=7256614

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8168987&t=7249619

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8167804&t=7244894
The only bill shown to me is the Zombie Preparedness Act.
In which I voted Aye
My apologies. For some reason my vote wasn't there. I do remember voting Aye though. My Wifi is rather bad. I am not making up excuses, if you can believe it.

I'm only interested in protecting TNP, nothing else.
[flash=250,210]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WH93zAt823Q[/flash]

I don't see what gives you the authority to represent The North Pacific.
I certainly do not view Paul in that particular manner.

~ Tomb

I think we expect better from a potential AG than mere mud-slinging. That's left to Delegate elections :P

A word to the wise, JJ. PaulWall always campaigns like he's going for high school class president. We expect nothing better from him.

The way to beat him is not to descend to his level. AG demands maturity. Show it to us.

Back