Provisional Election Vote Count

S'not done.

I want a scatter diagram. And a Steamgraph. then I want a skinny cappuccino, one of the nice ones with an image of a leaf on top done in chocolate.

As long as its not from Starbucks. Theyre overrated :P plus the one "franchised" at my employer changed our discount. So instead of getting a venti coffee for 1.50 it is just 10% off menu price. Ppppffffft on them.

Get Flem a better cappuccino.

Did you think I wouldn't see this!? I have seen the original Starbucks a few times, seen because the line is always horrendous. I usually end up going to the one right around the corner from there. :lol:

fd35df73_359q.jpeg

I'd like to make an early reasonable prediction based on the numbers I am seeing both Offically and Unofficially as well as just observing the trend in the votes.

r3n - Delegate

Abacathea - Vice Delegate

Zyvetskistaahn - Speaker of the Regional Assembly

*Note these perdictions are my own personal opinion based on my personal observations and reasoning and in no way constitute an offical statement or position from me, The Election Commissioners, or any other governmental entity of The North Pacific

PaulWallLibertarian42:
I'd like to make an early reasonable prediction based on the numbers I am seeing both Offically and Unofficially as well as just observing the trend in the votes.

r3n - Delegate

*Note these perdictions are my own personal opinion based on my personal observations and reasoning and in no way constitute an offical statement or position from me, The Election Commissioners, or any other governmental entity of The North Pacific
I would like to make my prognostication about the election results.

For those who were looking for something different and some kind of change, take this musical note to heart...More of exactly the same decaying status quo. :lol:

[flash]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrfDvQoijY[/flash]

Romanoffia:
PaulWallLibertarian42:

r3n - Delegate

I would like to make my prognostication about the election results.

For those who were looking for something different and some kind of change, take this musical note to heart...More of exactly the same decaying status quo. :lol:

[flash]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrfDvQoijY[/flash]
I am okay with Zyvet as Speaker Obviously, and I like Abacathea so no issue there. And r3n is a nice fella and i like what he does with the MoFA and im sure he will make a great Delegate-Elect. However I am a bit dissapointed Romanoffia didnt have a stronger showing. Im curious what would have happened if lennert would have stayed in the race.

I am waiting on Grosse to double verify my information and make an official announcement but I looked over the votes crossed referenced the voters RA status. And see no reason to discard any votes. (Keep in mind this is my personal inital analisis and not an official one) hand counted the ballots wrote them down and cross referenced with the offical EC Spread sheet and this unoffical one by COE. And what I come out with matches this unoffical one pretty closely.

Delegate

Abstain - 6

Kiwi - 8

Mall - 3

R3n - 19

Romanoffia - 5

Reopen 4

Vice Delegate

Abstain - 4

Abacathea - 23

Flemingovia - 13

Mall - 1

Treize - 0

Reopen: 4

Speaker

Abstain - 3

Lord Nwahs - 14

Mall - 3

Zyvetskistaahn - 21

Reopen: - 6

Unless Grosse comes up with something way different then me or sees cause to invalidate some votes that I might have missed Im ready to provisionally declare r3n and Abacathea Delegate and Vice Delegate Elect respectfully.

And Zyvet another term as Speaker.

But like I said. I sent Grosse my report. Just waiting for him to do his own report and come to an official announcement.

*Nothing stated herein should be considered an official announcment and until otherwise made offical all commentary should be considered opinion, provided for transparency and entertainment/educational purposes only.

The discrepancy between my count and PWL's comes from the fact that due to the way I set up the sheet, I can't change votes after they've been put in, so when Tomb changed his vote from Flem to Aba, I wasn't able to reflect that in the provisional count. That will be fixed next time.

My count has one fewer vote for Aba, and one more vote for Flem, because Tomb changed his vote after I put it into my sheet. That's the only difference, I believe.

I apologize about the vote change, COE.
I should have made my decisions before casting the ballot, but I acknowledged something, and it led me to change my vote afterwards.
Anyways, I apologize again.
It's just so hard to make a decision when you're surrounded by candidates that are all great!
Congrats to everyone! :toast:

Tomb

No need to apologize! It's a bug in my sheet that will be fixed next time :) Accounting for changed votes is a pretty important feature I overlooked when I decided to do it the way I did.

We do need to fix the official templates and spreadsheets for the next go round. The reopen nominations option wasn't in the spreadsheet template, but I was able to make a serviceable product (with pie chart); the existing templates for nominations and voting need updating, and the pre-existing pie charts for the spreadsheet templates including absentions in them which may or may not be desirable. And there has to be a way to transfer the current EA roster into the spreadsheet template, I tried to do it in the manner used with Google Docs in the past, and that didn't work as Google Docs made some sort of changes in the way their spreadsheet works.

Volunteers are welcome.
Please contact me by PM (and not TVB) and well discuss how to accomplish the fixes. (We may need to relocate material if need be since I have a suspicion that the accounts for the templates is likely under Eluvatar's ownership, and I would rather get those somewhere where at least admin can access it in the fufure and make it easier to allow updating.

I will be working on the official count in the next few hours.

The key here is that the votes for each office and the reopen nominations (including abstentions) should total the same for all 6 -- in this case, 41.

PW{, you're off by 1 for Vice Delegate in your post. I've also been able to fix the formulas on the official spreadsheet so that the total percentages and the graphs correctly add up to 100 percent. The official results will be a link to the published GoogleDocs page with the totals and the graphs.

I will be putting it up momentarially, now that I've found the source of the variances between the unofficial counts posted by both PWL and COE, and fixed the coding issues.
Since we have seven private votes, I will list the names of all voters in a spoiler tag, as far as I can tell, everyone listed was in the R.A. and entitled to vote.

If they voted publicly it is on record anyway in the thread. Uhm, I do have reservations about listing the private voters though. For privacy and the what not. But no one would know which ballot is which unless you were to go "oh private ballot (#___) was mine."

Anyway I had no part in that either way. Just sayin.

The Code says we're not supposed to announce who cast which private ballot, but with the number of private ballots, there's no way to know who cast which ballot. If it were a smaller number instead of over one-sixth of the voters, then it would be a different situation.

And at this point, it's the only way for a user to verify that their account wasn't hacked somehow.

Uh, or if the admins are really worried about it, they could check the relevant accounts' IPs.

I'm strongly opposed to revealing the names of private voters. There are perfectly valid reasons to not want it announced that one voted at all, not only one's specific ballot.

Link to the provisional count for the current special election has been published in the OP. Notable new features include the capability to edit votes after they have been cast, and exclusion of votes from users who are not on the RA rolls.

OP has been updated with a link to the provisional vote count for Vice Delegate, updated whenever I feel like it. I decided the Delegate and Speaker races weren't interesting enough for me to put the effort into inputting the votes for :P

After seeing Malvad get four votes despite throwing his support behind his opponent, I've decided to go ahead and track all three races. Vote count updated.

Back