Leave of Absence Requests

Aba, both the 6th of March and 4th of June have past. Do you mean the 4th of July? :P

Expected Date of Return (GMT): August 29, 2014

Reason for Request: Vacations purposes and limted internet activity while there.

I need to request a leave until Late August, I finally got a summer job (at this point I needed to accept whatever came up) which, unfortunately, is at an overnight summer camp that I will be living at. In the meantime I don't believe I will have adequate internet access or time to fulfill my RA duties.

EDIT: Effective today, July 1st until August 23rd, 2014.

I would like to request a leave of absence from the Regional Assembly from Monday 7th July until 17th August.

I am not going to pretend that this request has anything to do with real life or any of the usual reasons. But I am not going to go into the reasons here and risk another threadjack.

These last few weeks have not been easy for me in TNP, and a leave of absence will give me time and space to decide whether I want to leave TNP permanently. At the moment my heart is divided. I cannot easily walk away from over a decade of activity and 11,000 posts , yet I do not want to remain.

I may pop back to vote in a resolution or two. there are a couple being debated at the moment which are of interest.

But generally, I’ve had enough. If I do decide to make my absence permanent I just want to say that until the climate of the region changed recently it has been a lot of fun over the past 11+ years.

Sad to see you chased out of the region Flem.

I have discovered that I can probably get on the internet enough at my job to be able to participate in the RA, as such I withdraw my LOA request.

I need to request a leave of absence for medical reasons (illness) which has affected my daily life activities since about the 25th of July. If the Speaker needs details, please ask an admin since I've posted the information in a private admin only area.

The last time I had this illness, a few years ago, it took me a month or so to fully recover; today has been the first day I've been able to type more than two or three sentences with a lot of proofreading. Hopefully I'll try to pop in and vote, but I honestly don't know how I am feeling from day to day.

We can aim for a return date of full activity of around September 2nd, but that is a guess at the moment.

I need to request an extension of my leave of absence. While I am starting to feel better, I'm not over this illness yet, and I will also need to take time to get caught up in real life. (In fact I haven't even been endotarting because it's been difficult to concentrate for long.)
I will give an ETA of four additional weeks, assuming I have no set backs. (on or around September 30th.)

Expected Date of Return: 7 January 2015

Reason for Request: I will be flying back to the US on Wednesday and I am not certain I will have frequent internet access or the time for NS since I haven't seen family/friends in 1.5 years.

Necessary arrangements within the AG's Office have been made to handle any cases or inquiries brought forward in my absence.

I'm not really requesting but:

LoA period: Jan 1 - Jan 14
Reason: Health issues. Taking a break.

I'd like a leave until 1/29.

Going through Year-End at my job and it's not leaving room for much. It's saturday and I'm heading into work right now.

"Time to make the donuts"

I'd like to thank the Speaker for his agreement of my leave and would like to note that I'm now returning to normal activity feeling a fair bit better. :)

Abbey Anumia is hereby taken off of leave. I've tried contacting her, as she never was given a formal leave extension by my predecessor, but was extended. I tried contacting her with no avail.

Bootsie:
Abbey Anumia is hereby taken off of leave. I've tried contacting her, as she never was given a formal leave extension by my predecessor, but was extended. I tried contacting her with no avail.
Sigh.

Medical reasons, good reasons. Cancelling that leave was not a wise decision.

I've gotten in contact with Abbey (in future: speak to someone who knows the person) and checking PMs when on a LoA is not required - a Leave of Absence generally implies absence from the forum.

Lord Ravenclaw:
Bootsie:
Sigh.

Medical reasons, good reasons. Cancelling that leave was not a wise decision.

I've gotten in contact with Abbey (in future: speak to someone who knows the person) and checking PMs when on a LoA is not required - a Leave of Absence generally implies absence from the forum.
I don't agree with you here. While Abbey has good reason for a leave of absence, she's also been on leave since May (and will probably continue to have good reason for it for quite a while). Given the length of time, and given how easy it is to regain citizenship, in my opinion allowing that citizenship to lapse is better than extending leave once again. The Speaker's Office eliminated indefinite leave for a reason, and it holds true in this case.

Near as I can tell, Abbey's leave expired in January...if anyone can point to a post extending it past then, it might be a different story.

If it pleases anyone, providing my head holds together, I should be slowly returning to NS so this ought to be the final extension. I will need to establish methods to deal with my struggling with certain things like the activity requirements as they run up against things which my disability makes difficult. It won't be through laziness or whatever but a direct result of my health and learning difficulties. I hope that as a region you can allow me perhaps extra help so that I can contribute productively once more.

Lord Ravenclaw:
The Opening Post, COE. http://gyazo.com/6fb48e67fe5e9d3b20f3c657ba4537f8

According to the OP, last edited by Bootsie on Feb 25, Abbey's LoA didn't expire until the 12th May 2015
But that extension was never requested in this thread, nor was it ever officially granted in public.

Abbey, why is it so important that you retain your citizenship until you return to full activity? Why not just reapply when you're ready?

Back