Delegate Question Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I am interested to know what action the Delegate will take about the current situation in Osiris

Well, it appears we are recognizing all 3 governments we possibly could. We describe the Osiris embassy here as the embassy of "The Kemetic Republic of Osiris," we show the latest in-game flag which is the Brotherhood's, and we link to Todd's forum in use by Dali et al.

Perhaps we've already begun implementing Asta's suggested policy.

Congratulations on your re-election again, Delegate.

I would like to quote a recent interview you had on The Rejected Times:

McMasterdonia:
One such matter will be a review of World Assembly Voting in the region that I will do in consultation with Abacathea.

I would like to ask, what does this review entail, and what changes does the Delegate foresee in WA Voting policy?

I am glad that someone read my interview.

Firstly; the review will involve a discussion between Abacathea, myself and the Vice Delegate (possibly other cabinet ministers who are available) about how best to use the great voting power that is currently held by my nation. I am unsure what the final result will be quite yet, I expect it may be a combination of voting on the Minister's recommendation to start with and then the forum vote.

Do you love the taste of power that you have right now, sir?

conspiracy.png

SOON(tm).

Mr Delegate! Mr Delegate!

Can we coup yet? D: It's been like 3 months since Nierr asked I think :(

Mr delegate,

This is really a question for the foreign minister, I suppose, but I could not find a thread for asking them questions.

I was wandering down embassy row, and I noticed that a number of embassies have not had and posts in since 2013, and one had never been posted in at all.

Is it time to consider mothballing inactive embassies?

How much would could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood that a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck chuckwood which is a wood that is specially made for woodchucks to chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood like chuckwood which a woodchuck can chuck? Or can it? How do we know that the woodchuck can chuck the chuckwood if the woodchuck cannot chuck wood? Or am I simply assuming the woodchuck cannot chuck wood? What if it could? And if it could, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Also, what is life?

Syrixia:
How much would could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood that a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck chuckwood which is a wood that is specially made for woodchucks to chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood like chuckwood which a woodchuck can chuck?
e
Syrixia:
Or can it?
i
Syrixia:
How do we know that the woodchuck can chuck the chuckwood if the woodchuck cannot chuck wood?
o
Syrixia:
Or am I simply assuming the woodchuck cannot chuck wood?
u
Syrixia:
What if it could?
y
Syrixia:
And if it could, how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
e
Syrixia:
Also, what is life?
i

Dear Delegate,

there are several branches of government which seem to have gone completely dark, especially if one assumes that a Roll Call is not actual activity.

Are you happy with how things are going?

Not in the slightest, to be honest with you. I'm aware of some specific issues relating to Home Affairs and Communications which have been compounded by computer issues.

Communication is a ministry which I am not in the slightest happy with it. Following Cormac's resignation incredibly early in the term, and a lack of media-minded people to oversee it, I also noticed that interest waned quickly. This has just been compounded the longer it has gone on.

Home Affairs as a ministry broke sometime two terms ago - (it didn't as I've seen alleged, break when I 'ended' the mentoring - since I never officially closed the mentoring program given that it wasn't functioning when I became Delegate) - and despite my own efforts earlier in the term to paint a picture of the ideal mentoring or teaching system it was hampered by the fact that I do not have enough hours in the day to do everything on my own. While Plembobria has done a lot to keep parts of the Ministry afloat, a determined reboot has not gone as planned. RPI has come down with an illness and the reboot of that Ministry a few weeks ago was hampered by administrative difficulties with citizenship checks which caused it to lose momentum.

Education, which was led by mcm until recently was the ministry I wanted to lead a cross-topic, all purpose teaching program but due to various reasons - the Minister's not getting together to discuss inclusion, real life taking over and a lack of interest from within the community - has resulted in that simply not happening.

Foreign Affairs has on the surface been quiet. Something that SS apologised for, and something I have asked Myroria to correct. Behind the scenes, FA has been active throughout the term - with close contact with Europeia, The South Pacific, The East Pacific during this period. We have also identified a potential issue with a current treaty and will be approaching the RA soon (tm) to discuss what methods we can take to rectify it.

Our stars this term have been WA Affairs, which has a new executive staff and I am the first delegate in quite a while, to retain a WA Minister this long. There is also a draft of a new WA agreement regarding campaigning - as many are sick of the tag:WA mass telegram campaigns done by certain authors and view it as a pay to win scenario - hence an agreement to balance the playing field.

Defence has also remained active, although at varying times. I will admit to being disappointed with the administration of the NPA in general, given that it needs more training missions, at least one more general and better engagement in general. But I am satisfied at its work and the operations undertaken thus far this term.

Culture has been the Ministry I've been most satisfied with, they have remained consistently active via the Roleplaying area - which was the task I set TGR. There had also been tentative plans for a four region comedy festival which have stalled due to government changes in two of the four regions and the third not having a dedicated culture official. Granted Culture still has room for improvement, and there is still time left in the term for changes to not just Culture but the rest of the executive.

I have noticed that the Vice Delegate and a number of Security Councillors have lately been granted border control powers in the region. I should like if the Delegate can explain why the Vice Delegate, Councillor Plembobria, and Councillor McMasterdonia have been granted those powers, in view of the provisions of the legal code:

Section 7.2 of the Codified Law of The North Pacific:
5. Regional Officers may only be appointed and granted powers as explicitly allowed under this section.
6. The Serving Delegate may assign any Regional Power, with the exception of Border Control, to any Executive Officer.
7. The Serving Delegate may assign Border Control powers to any of the three members of the Security Council earliest in the Order of Succession.
8. In the event of a Delegate Emergency or with the permission of a majority vote of the Regional Assembly, the Delegate may assign Border Control powers to any members of the Security Council.

I ask, in relation to the Vice Delegate, as the Vice Delegate is not an individual who, by right of their office, is entitled to be given, or permitted to be given, border control powers and as the present Vice Delegate, though a Security Councillor, is the second most recently admitted Councillor and so is the second last in the Order of Succession, in right of their position as a Councillor.

In relation to Councillors Plembobria and McMasterdonia, they too are not in the first three Councillors in the Order of Succession. They are sixth and last, respectively (McMasterdonia is last as, though second on the order approved some time ago, he has lapsed in membership and, therefore, been removed and, having rejoined, is added to the end of the Order).

I do not raise this in relation to Councillor Great Bights Mum as, as far as I am aware, she is the third of the Security Councillors in the Order.

This morning I had meetings with ministerial colleagues and others, and in addition to my duties in this house I shall have further such meetings later today.

plembobria:
This morning I had meetings with ministerial colleagues and others, and in addition to my duties in this house I shall have further such meetings later today.
Considering you mentioned ministerial colleagues, I figured I would let you know here that if you need to meet with me today, I would like if it be scheduled for after 6 PM. Anytime before that I can't really commit to a detailed meeting.

plembobria:
May I first start with congratulating the rgt. hon. delegate on his victory in the election. I am sure you will prove as able as your predecessor. In the last days of your predecessor's reign it was noted that The North Pacific occupies almost all of the top 50 spots in a recent list of most World Assembly endorsements in the world. Further to this, it has also emerged that The North Pacific has 4th highest average endorsements in the entire world. Will he join me in praising the work of the World Assembly Development Program and the work done by his predecessors in growing the program and will he also confirm that the WADP will continue its fine work during his delegacy?

I would like to ask in relation to the meanings of the votes a resident can make in the forum polls for World Assembly resolutions. Particularly, the meanings of "abstain" and of "present". On discord, a while ago, you mentioned that "abstain" was to mean that the resident was themselves abstaining and that "present" was to mean that the resident wished the Delegate to abstain.

A number of people, including myself, noted that it had historically been understood to be the other way around. I am not aware of any statement or announcement changing that understanding, so I would like to ask for one to be made (if the intention is to change it) or to be directed to a statement or announcement on changing it (if I have missed one).

My understanding of "abstain" and "present" are the same as yours, Zyvet. When I cast a vote as "present," my intention is to simply be counted in the rolls without wishing to cast a "for" or "against" vote.

I would like the Delegate to elaborate further on this issue and put any kind of confusion to rest.

From my lowly position, Present means "I am here and am not expressing a view" and Abstain means "I want the delegate to abstain". It's the only meaning that makes any sense. I can of course be overruled but that's my interpretation.

Zyvetskistaahn:
I would like to ask in relation to the meanings of the votes a resident can make in the forum polls for World Assembly resolutions. Particularly, the meanings of "abstain" and of "present". On discord, a while ago, you mentioned that "abstain" was to mean that the resident was themselves abstaining and that "present" was to mean that the resident wished the Delegate to abstain.

A number of people, including myself, noted that it had historically been understood to be the other way around. I am not aware of any statement or announcement changing that understanding, so I would like to ask for one to be made (if the intention is to change it) or to be directed to a statement or announcement on changing it (if I have missed one).

That was a simple oversight. Precedent prevails.

The Right Honourable Ash Saxton, MP, rises and takes his place at the podium. Leaning in to the microphone, he begins:

"Thank you, Mr. Speaker. May I express our appreciation of this arrangement for answering Questions and the hope that it will be convenient for the Delegate as well as useful to the Regional Assembly. I know that the Delegate is committed to a strong and vibrant community, which includes education and training of our members. I would ask that the Delegate support my efforts in creating guest lectures and mock trials in The North Pacific University for creating an easily accessible source of law education in our region. Can the Delegate confirm whether this is the case?"

Mr. Saxton then takes his seat and expectantly awaits the response from the Delegate.

I should like to ask the Delegate as to whether there were any discussions of the Cabinet which concluded between 15th November 2015 and 26th January 2016, and, if so, whether they will be disclosed to the appropriate archive.

Further, I should like to ask the Delegate's view as to whether Section 5.6, clause 33 applies to the discussions had within the executive Ministries which may have their own private archives.

Zyvetskistaahn:
Further, I should like to ask the Delegate's view as to whether Section 5.6, clause 33 applies to the discussions had within the executive Ministries which may have their own private archives.
Upon looking, it seems there does not exist any such section, let alone clause. Do you happen to mean Section 7.5, clause 33 of the Legal Code?

Zyvetskistaahn:
I should like to ask the Delegate as to whether there were any discussions of the Cabinet which concluded between 15th November 2015 and 26th January 2016, and, if so, whether they will be disclosed to the appropriate archive.

Any discussion that happened during that time period eligible for declassification has been released. Private discussions within each ministry are visible as soon as they are archived. They are viewable here.

Darcania:
Zyvetskistaahn:
Upon looking, it seems there does not exist any such section, let alone clause. Do you happen to mean Section 7.5, clause 33 of the Legal Code?

Yes, yes I did.

plembobria:
Zyvetskistaahn:

Any discussion that happened during that time period eligible for declassification has been released. Private discussions within each ministry are visible as soon as they are archived. They are viewable here.

With relation to private discussion in the Ministries being moved to a public archive, is the Delegate sure that is true for all Ministries?

I hate to triple post, but it has been some time. Does the Delegate have an answer?

Also, were there any discussions of the Cabinet which concluded between 26th January 2016 and 20th February 2016, and, if so, will they disclosed to the appropriate archive?

Zyvetskistaahn:
I hate to triple post, but it has been some time. Does the Delegate have an answer?

Also, were there any discussions of the Cabinet which concluded between 26th January 2016 and 20th February 2016, and, if so, will they disclosed to the appropriate archive?
I will work on appropriately declassifying data from the diplomatic corps archives, otherwise everything else is declassified when archived.

Anything that happened between the aforementioned dates eligible for declassification has been disclosed in the appropriate archive.

Zyvetskistaahn:
In the delegate's defense, the delay was due to admins (primarily myself) taking their time in deciding how to deal with the declassification of that forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back